Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

UnderFreddy posted:

idk, I think a winger is sorely needed. Club can't really expect Saka to play 10 games a month. It's not a nice to have it's a necessity

I think we will go with Vieira/Marquinhos/ESR at RW. We really did need a proper rotational option, especially when we let Pepe go, but I think we underestimated Wolves' resolve to keep Neto. Maybe Mendes made it seem like he would be able to sort out something, and then he couldn't. I know we are linked with that Ukrainian wide player, but I doubt he is ready to come in and contribute immediately, and that probably changes the calculus now that we need to look for a CM/DM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
People are saying Arsenal should sign out of contract Austrian Florian Grillitsch to fill the CM/DM hole as a stop gap. I don't know poo poo about him, as usual.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
If Marquinhos is playing, there's a problem

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

My favorite posts itt are Ninpo responding to folks talking about United’s transfers with the insistence, nay, the certainty, that this year, they will play and develop a bunch of youth no one’s ever heard of

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

T Bowl posted:

People are saying Arsenal should sign out of contract Austrian Florian Grillitsch to fill the CM/DM hole as a stop gap. I don't know poo poo about him, as usual.

Close to signing with AC Milan* I think, decent player.

Brighton tried to sign him earlier in the window but his wage demands were too high.

*Ajax

deletebeepbeepbeep fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Aug 30, 2022

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Sandwolf posted:

My favorite posts itt are Ninpo responding to folks talking about United’s transfers with the insistence, nay, the certainty, that this year, they will play and develop a bunch of youth no one’s ever heard of

what

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

mate what the gently caress is an Iqbal

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

nm what's an Iqbal with you?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Sandwolf posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashcroft_v._Iqbal

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

very amused this was in fact a us supreme court case

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

ozmunkeh posted:

Laporta doing his best.

lol

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1564665541213708288?s=20&t=C2nMP5eyTrUnPTZOkSi1JA

Excuse me?

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Thats a lot of money.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
That's a brilliant signing though. I'm very jealous. With fofana as well they are sorted.

Even though spurs spent loads this summer we can't compete with that.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Paying 90mil for a player you're not even getting until next year seems a bit odd

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

TheRat posted:

Paying 90mil for a player you're not even getting until next year seems a bit odd

It's good medium/long term planning if you can afford it imo.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I think he got eviscerated in one of the World Cup/Euro games a while back but he’s supposed to be great. It’s super hard to find talented full-backs/wing-backs and they’re such a core part of the modern game that the price seems pretty fair tbh.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Vegetable posted:

I think he got eviscerated in one of the World Cup/Euro games a while back but he’s supposed to be great. It’s super hard to find talented full-backs/wing-backs and they’re such a core part of the modern game that the price seems pretty fair tbh.

gvardiol is a center back

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

sassassin posted:

We've signed on loan the brilliantly named Armstrong Oko-Flex who is a striker we will probably force to play wing back and then send back in January having barely kicked a ball.

He’s more of a direct, goal-scoring winger than a striker. Similar to Jarrod Bowen from what I’ve seen from him. Lots of pace, surprisingly powerful for his size and scores a lot cutting inside.

lmao he’s seething that he wasn’t able to rinse one of the money clubs for a stupid fee and had to sell to the club that embarrassed Lyon in Europe

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

He’s more of a direct, goal-scoring winger than a striker. Similar to Jarrod Bowen from what I’ve seen from him. Lots of pace, surprisingly powerful for his size and scores a lot cutting inside.

Our manager has already said he needs time to get up to fitness and to learn to play wingback lol unlucky Mr. Oko-Flex.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
An Okoflex sounds like a piece of useless 90s exercise equipment

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

e: wrong thread

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

tristeham posted:

gvardiol is a center back
He played left back for Croatia in Euro 2020 :shrug: But yeah he plays center back for Leipzig.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Just saw a comment on the Guardian that the more we spend the worse we get and yup.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

the sex ghost posted:

An Okoflex sounds like a piece of useless 90s exercise equipment

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

Sandwolf posted:

Iqmabalz lol gottem

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Fofana to Chelsea, 7 years, one for each point we’ve got after 5 games is a done deal.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

hadji murad posted:

Fofana to Chelsea, 7 years, one for each point we’ve got after 5 games is a done deal.

Really? Does any other team do 7 year contracts? I remember Kepa getting one somehow.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
They’d done a few 6ers as a goal of going longer since they started signing people like that kid from Villa and Cucurella. 7 is really something.

Maybe we’ll be singing Gvardiol from 2025-2032.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
So what exactly is the financial situation with chelsea now? Remember the govt making a big noise about getting money back from abramovic etc? Is all the debt just cleared with the new owners and they can burn a quarter of a billion and everyone is fine about it?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Jippa posted:

So what exactly is the financial situation with chelsea now? Remember the govt making a big noise about getting money back from abramovic etc? Is all the debt just cleared with the new owners and they can burn a quarter of a billion and everyone is fine about it?

Didn’t Abramovich just wipe out the debt when he sold the club? If they’re just sitting on all of the money Roman dumped in with no debt then they are probably in a pretty nice financial position.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I hope Chelsea go the way of United and start to make terrible transfer decisions constantly for the next decade.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

T Bowl posted:

I hope Chelsea go the way of United and start to make terrible transfer decisions constantly for the next decade.

Start to?

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Jippa posted:

blue footed boobie posted:

Didn’t Abramovich just wipe out the debt when he sold the club? If they’re just sitting on all of the money Roman dumped in with no debt then they are probably in a pretty nice financial position.

They weren’t looking to get money back from Abramovich, they wanted to prevent him from benefitting from any proceeds of the sale. This included the amount it would sell for and the £1.5 billion debt the club had to him, which he agreed to write off. It’s not that Chelsea were sitting on that money to spend though, the debt was the accumulation of the amount he’d topped up their running costs over the years.

The debt aside, deal was for the new owners to purchase the club for £2.5 billion (which goes into some sort of fund for charitable causes) and commit a further £1.75 billion to investment in the ground, academy and women’s team.

So yep, debt is cleared and everyone is fine with the new big money American owners burning a quarter of a billion on transfers on top of that.

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!
Please, God, let him be good, because I don't think I can stand another season of nil-nil after nil-nil
https://twitter.com/Wolves/status/1564921607604371457?t=oul4pTfOytiYpUIGc14swg&s=19

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
Quite the transfer window if Chelsea pull this one off.

https://twitter.com/skysportspl/status/1565066814706548741?s=21&t=sFEUhcq76j6gQn0u1xa2hA

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
:rip: Ajax's entire team this window

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

They lost to Southampton op

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
How are Ajax always gutted and always still good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

sticksy posted:

:rip: Ajax's entire team this window

Laughing to the bank.