Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Alaois posted:

records are spotty enough that I'm convinced like half of the people who raced in the early days of F1 don't actually exist, you can't tell me there was a real man named Innes Ireland

There were professional baseball players named Cannonball Titcomb, Rusty Kuntz, Ugly Dickshot, and Urban Shocker. Innes Ireland is easily believed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

toadee posted:

There were professional baseball players named Cannonball Titcomb, Rusty Kuntz, Ugly Dickshot, and Urban Shocker. Innes Ireland is easily believed.

early baseball is even less believable than early F1, and they didn't even try to make it sound believable when they made it all up

the Worcester Worcesters, are you fuckin kiddin me

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I know its a made up wrestling name, but Haystacks Calhoun lives rent free in my head.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Alaois posted:

early baseball is even less believable than early F1, and they didn't even try to make it sound believable when they made it all up

The second one is pronounced "war chest ters"

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Alaois posted:

You forgot about the greatest of all time - "Ugly" Johnny Dickshot:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/d/dicksjo01.shtml

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Bip Roberts posted:

The second one is pronounced "war chest ters"

:hmmyes:

Do they play in the stadium next to Lake Quin SigHammond?

Residency Evil fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Sep 1, 2022

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Braking Rad

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Halo14 posted:

Braking Rad

https://twitter.com/Super70sSports/status/1534542423170420738

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
Bring back tobacco sponsorships

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Pirate Radar posted:

Isn’t Palou the closest to meeting the super license requirements?

For what it’s worth McLaren has deleted the tweet announcing his signing, and removed his pictures from the press release.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Frond posted:

For what it’s worth McLaren has deleted the tweet announcing his signing, and removed his pictures from the press release.

palwho?

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Feels Villeneuve posted:

This is an excellent site if you want to see a bunch of insanely detailed and moronic formulas to determine that Daniel Riccardo is a better driver than both Alain Prost and Ayrton Senna

Why is Chico Serra on that list at all?!?!

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Prost and Senna were driving against plumbers not top notch racing drivers like Daniel Ricciardo

They drove against some of the best fields of all time.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Race was decent.

I don’t buy Mercedes detuned their engines - I legitimately think they not only are down on power but they have poor power delivery as well.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

I Need Sleep posted:

https://f1metrics.wordpress.com/

That's what this site tries to do. Uses statistical analysis to compare drivers. Looks at driver parings to compare drivers who never teamed by seeing who they did out perform. Factors in changes in formula and race frequency etc etc. Not flawless but quite interesting reading (if that sorta thing flicks your switch)

My man, you are REALLY gonna have to explain how Stefano Modena is a better driver than Mario Andretti.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Frond posted:

My man, you are REALLY gonna have to explain how Stefano Modena is a better driver than Mario Andretti.

sure, Mario Andretti won a wdc, but Stefano Modena scored podiums in both a late 80s Brabham and an early 90s Tyrrell, and who's to say which is more impressive

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Frond posted:

If McLaren has scrubbed Palou and Herta is now entering the Red Bull orbit, then I guess if they’re going to pull somebody out of an IndyCar they’re down to who, O’Ward?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Its 1982 and Hamilton rocks up to the track wearing pink knitted 'there is no way im leaving here alive, and not by driving' self aware poo poo. Before him are the real gladiators of legend, silhoutted in glorious sun light, who stare him down with mockery in their eyes.
'Who art thou' the words hit him though noone spoke. The sound much more deep, richer and decibilious than the car he drives today.
'I am your decendant' he squeeks, his voice weak and raspy, his actualitity appearing as his masks slips.
The gladiators laugh. They are glad, for they deem themselves in the presence of a court jester all too eager to prance and mince his way, if pronouns allow, into favour.
Foolish fool. Begone worm.

A light shines, a trumpet blares and Are Max enters the loci. A gladiator bows and all follows suit, as respect demands.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Wasn't Piastri's contract situation supposed to be sorted on Monday?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
google says:

A decision must be reached within 72 hours of the conclusion of the meeting and this deadline will be reached early on Thursday afternoon.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Its 1982 and Hamilton rocks up to the track wearing pink knitted 'there is no way im leaving here alive, and not by driving' self aware poo poo. Before him are the real gladiators of legend, silhoutted in glorious sun light, who stare him down with mockery in their eyes.
'Who art thou' the words hit him though noone spoke. The sound much more deep, richer and decibilious than the car he drives today.
'I am your decendant' he squeeks, his voice weak and raspy, his actualitity appearing as his masks slips.
The gladiators laugh. They are glad, for they deem themselves in the presence of a court jester all too eager to prance and mince his way, if pronouns allow, into favour.
Foolish fool. Begone worm.

A light shines, a trumpet blares and Are Max enters the loci. A gladiator bows and all follows suit, as respect demands.

poe's law

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Sir Max-Emilian

https://twitter.com/Max33Verstappen/status/1565293817225510912

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Officer Max

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Something is going on with the RBR-Porsche deal. It’s stalled.

Also it appears Porsche won’t be doing much of anything aside from putting their name on the cam cover - which makes me wonder as to why they are even bothering.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

FAUXTON posted:

Officer Max

Cop Verstappen

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Pirate Radar posted:

If McLaren has scrubbed Palou and Herta is now entering the Red Bull orbit, then I guess if they’re going to pull somebody out of an IndyCar they’re down to who, O’Ward?

O’Ward struggled in a Super Formula car, which in terms of downforce are most similar to F1 cars.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Cop Verstappen

Boss Hague

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
I didn't see this posted

https://mobile.twitter.com/HaasF1Team/status/1564967227467747329

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Haas F1 is a t-shirt company parading around as a racing team.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I mean Boss Frog works too but Boss Hague is funny because Max is a) Dutch and b) Belgian

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

orange-nassau???

lmao

Fodder Cannon
Jan 12, 2008

I love to watch Fox News and then go club some baby seals

they go up to 4xl so good news for American dts fans

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

orange-nassau???

lmao

If it gets any worse the alert level will move to red-nassau

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Frond posted:

Something is going on with the RBR-Porsche deal. It’s stalled.

Also it appears Porsche won’t be doing much of anything aside from putting their name on the cam cover - which makes me wonder as to why they are even bothering.

yeah apparently paddock rumors are horner, marko, newey aren't thrilled about it and I guess Porsche won't have anywhere in germany to build engines or something now that Audi said they were

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I thought the Porsche entry was supposed to relieve RBR of the need to keep being an energy drink company that inexplicably also manufactures high-end internal combustion engines? Also isn’t the current engine freeze just because RBPT won’t/can’t do further development? So if this Porsche thing falls through, what, does Red Bull buy Audi engines instead?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

does honda want to stay more involved now or something?

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

technically he can still wear white

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

did he get hit by a laser or something