Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

Kerrzhe posted:

yep it's the Bozjan resistance fending set from the Southern Front (if you did any zadnor content you probably have hundreds of the rusty coins to buy em with)

How many coins will it take for them to toss that hood model to maiming, I'm starving here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

jjac posted:

How many coins will it take for them to toss that hood model to maiming, I'm starving here

Oh. That hits my nostalgia hard.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Seems I've completely forgotten how to PvP since taking a break from the game. Won't stop me from dragging down anyone unlucky enough to get matched with me.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Mostly. I think you will just fill any sort of queue required. Pretty much everything but savage stuff and coils as far as I know. I don't think it necessarily matches with sprouts.

yeah it is just queue filler roulette, nothing to do with needing a sprout in the group. it can give you anything besides savages, coils and current expansion extremes.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

:toot:

The Beastman Rangers and Budget Zenos revealing himself in a leopard print speedo had me dying.

Also

Good riddance to this garbage

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I bought another pair when I realized they're a decent way to passively obtain low grade crafting and gathering materia

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Vitamean posted:

I bought another pair when I realized they're a decent way to passively obtain low grade crafting and gathering materia

....poo poo

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Is low-grade crafter materia used for anything of note?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

crafting/gathering gear often use lower tier melds but you can also usually just use a higher tier one and overcap if you dont care.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Regalingualius posted:

Is low-grade crafter materia used for anything of note?

Usually for final melds on accessories where you'd otherwise overcap a stat, or for budget melds. MH/OH melds for anyone other than crafting millionaires this tier is 6x Command IV's, since you otherwise gotta burn a huge hole in your pocket to omnicraft.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I was thinking just dumping the low level materia on MB for $$$$

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

now would be a good time to do that

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Vermain posted:

Usually for final melds on accessories where you'd otherwise overcap a stat, or for budget melds. MH/OH melds for anyone other than crafting millionaires this tier is 6x Command IV's, since you otherwise gotta burn a huge hole in your pocket to omnicraft.

Specifically it tends to be useful for CP melds, since it often has very low caps and is generally much more valuable than the other two stats once the recipe thresholds are met. Lower level materia have higher chances to successfully overmeld and can be cheaper, so if you can use it you do. Sometimes specific low level materia will be ridiculously expensive, typically when the teamcraft meld guide recommends a lower level Cunning somewhere, and you end up better off melding something higher level at worse odds. For example, on Omega you currently need to pay 3x as much for a Cunning V or VII as you do for a Cunning IX.

Also you generally meld 10s in your guaranteed slots and probably 8s in your first overmeld even on "budget" sets. I did not do the budget set so I think my total meld cost for my crafter gear this tier was around 20M, but I was uncommonly unlucky with the overmelds. It's taken me several days to make it back, since I was traveling for the first 4 days of the patch so I couldn't partake in the really profitable part. Omnicrafting: a little expensive to set up, but makes decent cash.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Xerophyte posted:

Also you generally meld 10s in your guaranteed slots and probably 8s in your first overmeld even on "budget" sets.

Yeah, that's the MH/OH setup: Control X, any CP that'll cap it, and then 3x Control IV's to finish it off. The Craftsmanship requirements from Teamcraft are bang-on accurate (3722 gets you exactly to max Progress with a standard rotation) and easily achievable with budget melds, so it's mostly a matter of how much cash you wanna burn on Control IX's.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

I was thinking just dumping the low level materia on MB for $$$$

Tbh youd probably get more money out of materia by crafting 10 collectables and using the scrip for Cunning VIIs than you ever would out of ehcatl spiritbonding.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Control Volume posted:

Tbh youd probably get more money out of materia by crafting 10 collectables and using the scrip for Cunning VIIs than you ever would out of ehcatl spiritbonding.

The level 16 quests are one IV materia and 2 Oaknots and are (reasonably) fast to do, so they're a good option if you want a bunch of IV and under materia with little effort every day. The only part that's bad about them is the annoyance of carrying around the gloves and a separate gearset for them, but it's a minor quibble.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Melding anything more than guarantueed slots and cheap cp melds to cap on tools sucks, and even that’s pretty annoying compared to just capping CP on them

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
ope, ran into my first fish that requires more gathering than I have! gently caress you , mayashell! :mad:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Vermain posted:

The level 16 quests are one IV materia and 2 Oaknots and are (reasonably) fast to do, so they're a good option if you want a bunch of IV and under materia with little effort every day. The only part that's bad about them is the annoyance of carrying around the gloves and a separate gearset for them, but it's a minor quibble.

Ooh I definitely misunderstood, but in typical poster fashion Im just going to move my goalposts and say the other crafting tribes are better for this anyways

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

hazardousmouse posted:

ope, ran into my first fish that requires more gathering than I have! gently caress you , mayashell! :mad:

Turn collecting on! Don't make my mistake! I should make a cluster of aquariums to house my half-million gil regrets.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I kinda wish I could form/join a static to do endgame content, but I can't really stay on a schedule between medical stuff, Japanese classes and my living arrangements. Cause sometimes it feels like it's random which evenings I'd have available save for the classes which are always twice a week. And also that Yoshi-P lately keeps putting content patches when I'm out on vacation.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
This poo poo right here is loving annoying. I might as well just be going into my bag and manually deleting the restraint mats myself

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Macaluso posted:

This poo poo right here is loving annoying. I might as well just be going into my bag and manually deleting the restraint mats myself

Beachcomb broke roughly 30 nets before I finally caught it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Magil Zeal posted:

Beachcomb broke roughly 30 nets before I finally caught it.

Beachcomb took me 18, 4, 2, 8 (ran), 4, and 1 respectively.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Macaluso posted:

*Senses your presence and scampers away*

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Macaluso posted:

I had an alligator evade capture 15 times to the point I ran out of nets and before I could craft more, it despawned.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

New hair, new me.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I wanna get the new hair, but I gotta save up for the chopper.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

"Okay, got everything set up for a real money day tomorrow, I can build the Lighthouse and just grab my granary's silver at 1AM so I have it for the needed craft at 4. That's around when I go to sleep so it'll work fine"
"Emergency maintenance from 11-3AM"
"...crap. REPLAN EVERYTHING!"

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
3% enrage on P6S on the last pull before maint

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Macaluso posted:

It's like trying to catch a legendary in pokemon. You have to pay the catch rate tax.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Apparently you can't replace an animal that's "Under Care" or has leavings, so take care of that before you start hunting a rare. :v:

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

I had an alligator evade capture 15 times to the point I ran out of nets and before I could craft more, it despawned.

Wait don't they despawn on any failed capture with an exclamation mark?

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
They can "evade your trap while remaining blissfully unaware of your presence" as you huck large sleep bombs at them, in which case they don't despawn and you can try again.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

CJ posted:

It's like trying to catch a legendary in pokemon. You have to pay the catch rate tax.

These were just regular rear end Coblyns though! Also I paid the tax with my sweat and blood collecting the mats for the nets :colbert:

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

CJ posted:

I've caught 3 gators, 2 of them took 12 lures each. fuckers

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I had a goobbue take 27 lures. 17 on the first attempt, which it de-spawned as i had to go make more.

Also call me a dummy but do XIV players tend over-complicate things? I did a little smidge of mythic raiding in WoW, but I feel like I never had to pore arcane strategies like 'mario kart' or whatever this thing means:

utterly indecipherable. they have played us for absolute fools.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

What happens if your pasture is full and you try to capture something? Does it just not let you or does it ask you to release something after capturing?

I've been leaving a slot open just in case I see something I want to grab while out gathering.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Well you don't really need to learn different strats in WoW when everyone is using DBM or BigWigs or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Veotax posted:

What happens if your pasture is full and you try to capture something? Does it just not let you or does it ask you to release something after capturing?

I've been leaving a slot open just in case I see something I want to grab while out gathering.

It'll let you pick one to release to replace them (or you can just release the animal you tried to catch)