Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

He fell out the window and landed on some bullets

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Bank of America's decided they haven't got a bailout in the last couple of years so they're rebranding ninja loans from pre-2008 as social justice and targeting minorities.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1565070928538701827

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Sep 1, 2022

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

dirty shrimp money posted:

Bank of America's decided they haven't got a bailout in the last couple of years so they're rebranding ninja loans from pre-2008 as social justice and targeting minorities.

Banks haven’t been able to buy up enough foreclosures at liquidation prices, gotta hit the afterburners.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

dirty shrimp money posted:

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1565070928538701827

Generally I'm suspicious of a bank move like this, but I'd have to see more details on this before I say BofA is outright trying to screw people. At a minimum, giving out zero closing cost mortgages is a good thing for lower income buyers. If this is to get people in the community to start owning property where they already live, then it's better than everyone renting from a landlord. If this is trying to get low income people to spend more than they can afford, then it's definitely a trap.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

It’s Bank of America.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

LeeMajors posted:

Banks haven’t been able to buy up enough foreclosures at liquidation prices, gotta hit the afterburners.

Having purchased a foreclosed house specifically from Bank of America, this post is causing me to scream internally.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Think I might have Covid

It was an honor posting with you all

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

It’s Bank of America.

Bank of America is the 2nd worst bank I'm aware of. They're so predatory, but I don't know if they're quite as corrupt as Wells Fargo.

This is absolutely a deliberate attempt to offload a recession onto people the banks don't care about loving over on optics.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Bird in a Blender posted:

Generally I'm suspicious of a bank move like this, but I'd have to see more details on this before I say BofA is outright trying to screw people. At a minimum, giving out zero closing cost mortgages is a good thing for lower income buyers. If this is to get people in the community to start owning property where they already live, then it's better than everyone renting from a landlord. If this is trying to get low income people to spend more than they can afford, then it's definitely a trap.

it will likely end up as that --- people in more home than they could afford. interesting to see no mortgage insurance required, but doesn't say if these are ARMs or not. i'm guessing they are to entice with a few years of reasonable payments.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

I'm usually with ya on the "read beyond the tweet", but ...

LeeMajors posted:

It’s Bank of America.

Yeah.

Never trust BofA

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

I'm usually with ya on the "read beyond the tweet", but ...

Yeah.

Never trust BofA

BofA deez nuts

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Joey Freshwater posted:

BofA deez nuts

:hmmyes:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Our first mortgage was a no money down, no mortgage insurance first time homebuyer loan from Navy Federal but the rate was higher and they were up both our asses with two hands and a flashlight during underwriting.

It worked out fine overall but I’m profoundly skeptical of anything like that from these stupidly predatory banks like BofA or Wells Fargo specifically—particularly when it looks like they’re skimping on verification as a feature.

_______

Unrelated but:

https://twitter.com/JStein_WaPo/sta...ingawful.com%2F

I happen to possess something like empathy as a character trait and thus cannot even dream of voting conservative, but I cannot imagine this would be a winning electoral strategy for them.

At this point they’re just self-selecting into a black hole of assholery.

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Sep 1, 2022

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Imagine being the republican who sues to cost everyone 10k

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Hopefully the case just gets thrown out for lack of standing?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Joey Freshwater posted:

BofA deez nuts

Ah there we go.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Think I might have Covid

It was an honor posting with you all

Godspeed gentle goon.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

College grads are the most reliable voters in the country. They have a better turnout rate than even those over 65. Imagine telling that group to go gently caress themselves.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

No Butt Stuff posted:

He'll get every "they don't deserve it" vote out there.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
It's labor day, and folks, I'm getting a bonus tomorrow. It's time I treat myself to a BBQ grill.

Any suggestions? I've decided on propane. Trying to find some good sales. I know Weber is the top brand, but wondering if I should plop a lot down for it.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

saintonan posted:

He'll get every "they don't deserve it" vote out there.

Luckily, that is a minority position right now.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Forrest on Fire posted:

Bank of America is the 2nd worst bank I'm aware of. They're so predatory, but I don't know if they're quite as corrupt as Wells Fargo.

This is absolutely a deliberate attempt to offload a recession onto people the banks don't care about loving over on optics.

wait, are we talking bank alignments??? allow me to crosspost quote myself

pmchem posted:

here ya go

ally: just here to chill and provide a HYSA, decent loans, and some brokerage stuff if maybe you want it?

citi: boring, woman CEO, warren invested in it, and it actually just had a nice Q2 beat and raise. sometimes fat fingers a trade.

barclays: purveyor of exotic financial ETNs and other random poo poo, basically has no idea what it's doing, but is british so probably has nice tea and service

jpm: big boy on the block, does everything, will gently caress you doing it but in a polite and law-abiding fashion.

bnp paribas: french, will sell dumb structured notes to your financial advisors, will give loans to commodity traders as long as it doesn't cause them headaches, goes out for a smoke a lot.

db: you want us to wrap some exotic poo poo for jim simons to evade taxes? sure. front russian money for trump? sounds exciting. spot a housing crisis and then tell everyone else to bet against mortgage CDS's? that's our bag. what else you got? let's do it.

ccb: world's largest slush fund for anti-capitalist anti-freedom state control of persons and economy. by definition lawful.

wells: we didn't KNOW we were violating the law, can you please remove our capital controls so we can find some new way to gently caress people over?

credit suisse: so bad at hiding their evil that it's all scandals and incompetence all the time. archegos? more like archeGOT

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F4qzPbcFiA

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

seiferguy posted:

It's labor day, and folks, I'm getting a bonus tomorrow. It's time I treat myself to a BBQ grill.

Any suggestions? I've decided on propane. Trying to find some good sales. I know Weber is the top brand, but wondering if I should plop a lot down for it.

I own a mid-range Weber and it's treated me very well. Just replaced a few inner pieces that were rusting out after like... 14? years but the exterior is still going strong. I leave it covered when not in use and it's outside throughout winter, so I'm surprised it's held up as well as it has. Probably whatever the old version of this one is:

https://www.weber.com/US/en/grills/gas-grills/smart-grills/spirit-sx-315-smart-grill/46502401.html

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

No Butt Stuff posted:

Cruz is the righty choice for this, everyone already hates him but he's a near certainty to win re-election anyway

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

seiferguy posted:

Labor day is Monday though?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

LeeMajors posted:

It’s a Bank in America.

FTFY :capitalism:

Joey Freshwater posted:

BofA deez nuts

:perfect:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Going up to the Michigan UP for the long weekend. Nearly seven hours of driving tonight buhh.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Luckily, that is a minority position right now.

Minority here, maybe. It's a universal talking point in conservative circles. They've already internalized FYGM, so "I paid my own student loans back, I didn't get anything forgiven" resonates strongly there.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Hot Diggity! posted:

Going up to the Michigan UP for the long weekend. Nearly seven hours of driving tonight buhh.

Just remember the bridge will be closed for the bridge walk on Monday if you're going that way.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Ah poo poo I gotta do all my in town errands today before the mountain becomes gridlocked with tourists.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

saintonan posted:

Minority here, maybe. It's a universal talking point in conservative circles. They've already internalized FYGM, so "I paid my own student loans back, I didn't get anything forgiven" resonates strongly there.

A poll done in mid-August had support for some or all loan forgiveness at 60% for to 34% against. This was for all voters, Republicans were 45-52, so even they are barely against the move. It's not some overwhelming majority, but it's still an overall popular move.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

saintonan posted:

Just remember the bridge will be closed for the bridge walk on Monday if you're going that way.

We are! Probably won't start the drive back until after noon, so should be fine on that front, but thanks for the head's up!

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Welp lets see how this retention meeting with our field operations head is gonna go.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Skwirl posted:

Labor day is Monday though?

I meant labor day weekend, oops.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
WHAT THE gently caress!?!?!

I opened up the shades to see my lovely plants and this was my habenero plant this morning!

The tomato plant and basil plant are just fine and untouched, and there are no leaves on the patio so I didn't think it was a storm (we had a few overnight). We are up high enough that I don't think it was cats (especially since it was a habenero plant with a couple more peppers on it). I know bird eat peppers, but not sure how they ate all the leaves too and even got into it without me noticing. Is there any chance of saving this plant?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

saintonan posted:

This is the party of "I was on food stamps, no one ever helped me." the FYGM is strong and will overcome any chance of cognitive dissonance.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

swickles posted:

WHAT THE gently caress!?!?!

I opened up the shades to see my lovely plants and this was my habenero plant this morning!

The tomato plant and basil plant are just fine and untouched, and there are no leaves on the patio so I didn't think it was a storm (we had a few overnight). We are up high enough that I don't think it was cats (especially since it was a habenero plant with a couple more peppers on it). I know bird eat peppers, but not sure how they ate all the leaves too and even got into it without me noticing. Is there any chance of saving this plant?

You e got yourself a hookworm. Find him and fling him into the sun.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

CannonFodder posted:

This is the party of "I was on food stamps, no one ever helped me." the FYGM is strong and will overcome any chance of cognitive dissonance.

My favorite was attractive Navy lady who said she grew up in government housing, joined the Navy, then used the GI bill as her example of "the government never helped me".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

People are really good at internalizing things like that as something they earned. "I served in the military, so I earned that GI bill." They don't see it as help, even if it really is.

No Butt Stuff posted:

You e got yourself a hookworm. Find him and fling him into the sun.

I think you mean Hornworm. Hookworm is something entirely different and very bad to have, but a Hornworm will eat your plants right up. I had some last year that were destroying my dill plants. He also looks to be dead center of that last picture.

Bird in a Blender fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Sep 1, 2022