Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

it'll cost me 100 gold to reset my perks so I'm just sitting on 25 unused perk points because i know as soon as i buy raptor sofa or whatever they'll drop something way better that I'd rather have

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

raptor sofa is very good though

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
ugh why are catfish so annoying to get. I've only got 75 and I'm getting 1-2 per net and the other fish aren't worth anything. I just want to unlock the large island!!!

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

what the gently caress

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Kaboobi posted:

what the gently caress

It gets worse

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Kaboobi posted:

what the gently caress

quote:

SMALL UPDATES:
- New Questline: Far Away, which is a solid grind for 4x99 players

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Oh well that’s something to look forward to :negative:

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
Have they addressed the bigotry in the chat yet or is it still "don't talk about 'sensitive' subjects"? cause i haven't played in a few weeks because of that bullshit

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Large Testicles posted:

Have they addressed the bigotry in the chat yet or is it still "don't talk about 'sensitive' subjects"? cause i haven't played in a few weeks because of that bullshit

They reversed and completely wiped that message from the update notes, but on the flip side I haven’t seen an affirmative message in support. I never go to Global chat so I have no idea if any sort of abuse is still going on or not.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
This should be the event to finally get me to 4x99 so I can finish off all the pets and continue the Tower grind. I'm not even thinking about the new exploration zone and all that yet.

Edit: Got my 4x99 and got all the pets except the Onion to level 6. Now I think I'm just going to focus on Silver for the rest of the event. I have enough AK to get me to the 40th floor.

Fhqwhgads fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Sep 2, 2022

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
Woo! Unlocked the tower and made it to level 25!

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Vasler posted:

Woo! Unlocked the tower and made it to level 25!

Great work! Some of the perks are very useful.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Whew, finally took the time to grind through the quest to get Whispering Creek. Finally, slime and goo!

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Forgot to set my craftworks to ‘large nets’ before I went to bed last night :negative:

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
The tower 80 mail, can i just leave it in there like pet items or do i need to collect regularly?

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)
I know this game is meant to just be regular grind, but it’s kind of wearing on me.

- Fishing is completely boring. No fish offer any unique crafting slur (I’m about 4x65), they’re just reskinned sellable objects. Fishing just deconvolves to cast net over and over. At least exploring generates resources that are compatible with another key mechanic (crafting)
-but even then, it’s just different skinned doodads. None are actually used for any kind of farm improvements, or integrated value. It’s just build doodad to mastery, or sell it. I think shovels are the only thing that have a use; and I’ve used it once only to get the achievement
- silver or gold are really the only resource. Because of above, stone, boards, wood are only useful for turning doodads into sellable objects
- even in crafting, there’s no reason to build a box vs a sturdy box, and a bunch of other straight upgrades. You just min-max your supply streams to churn out silver. Except for mastery/GM, which sounds like it’s later important, there’s no value.
-Dumb farm grinds. Just keep making GBS threads out corn?
-super-rare gating; Runestones and the like. Just spending fall days planting or running Stanina hoping to pop what you need feels bad.

Even for someone that likes mindless numbers going up, I’m starting to fade. There could be more to this, but it’s even revealing itself to me more brainless than I can stand.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Whats a good thing to wishing well now that I am out of gecko and spiked fish jail?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Large Chest 1 or 2 (probably 1, up to you) for S/M/L keys

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Good idea

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Not a terrible idea to spend a day or two tossing in Dice to get Teapots for a later quest. Won't really slow you down though, you only need a few.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Ineptitude posted:

The tower 80 mail, can i just leave it in there like pet items or do i need to collect regularly?

T80 items are not subject to the mailbox cap, so you can let it build up indefinitely, but no player will be able to send you anything while it is full.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Me sell all my eggs only to immediately get a 250 egg quest? No who would do such a thing.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

community center is worms for lemonade, and according to my calculations it's 300k silver to buy the 100k (at most) you'd need to donate for a 100 gold achievement

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

oldskool posted:

community center is worms for lemonade, and according to my calculations it's 300k silver to buy the 100k (at most) you'd need to donate for a 100 gold achievement

Good call, got the Oprah achievement you referenced once I saw your post. Thanks!

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

oldskool posted:

How do you ‘buy’ worms though?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

monkeytennis posted:

How do you ‘buy’ worms though?

They are right there in the Country Store with seeds and nails and Iron.

e: Thanks oldskool, I’m now Oprah too.

Klungar fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Sep 5, 2022

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Klungar posted:

They are right there in the Country Store with seeds and nails and Iron.

e: Thanks oldskool, I’m now Oprah too.

Lol how did I forget that. Finishing that achievement off with 30-odd thousand worms for 100g is a steal.

Have you seen the average donation it’s over 200k lmao.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
:negative: 710 inventory means doing that well over 100 times.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

H110Hawk posted:

:negative: 710 inventory means doing that well over 100 times.

Speedrun stratz:

Open 2 windows
In one window you open the shop, in other you open community center.
Buy worms but do not close the confirmation dialog that says you have succesfully bought worms.
Hand in the worms, but do not close that confirmation dialog either.
Now you go to the shop and close the dialog there. This will refresh your stock, and hey, you can buy worms again.
Community center works same way.

If you alternate this way, leaving the dialog open every time, a cycle takes 6 clicks. I did it with inventory size 460 and it took like 10 minutes.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Dancer posted:

Speedrun stratz:

Open 2 windows
In one window you open the shop, in other you open community center.
Buy worms but do not close the confirmation dialog that says you have succesfully bought worms.
Hand in the worms, but do not close that confirmation dialog either.
Now you go to the shop and close the dialog there. This will refresh your stock, and hey, you can buy worms again.
Community center works same way.

If you alternate this way, leaving the dialog open every time, a cycle takes 6 clicks. I did it with inventory size 460 and it took like 10 minutes.

Brilliant. I was on 2 tabs but wasn't sure how to make the background refresh happen without a full page reload. Thanks!

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
99,408 worms later, I am Oprah. That would have been so much better on two touchscreen browsers than this trackpad laptop.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Found 10 of those bloody staffs grinding the desert for the latest quest lmao

Also the quick sell upgrade is soooo worth the gold cost when grinding. Saves having to keep going to town to sell.

monkeytennis fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Sep 6, 2022

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I ran out of AK before I ran out of money, which isn't a place I really expected to be.

Currently, exploring Small Spring with these in works...

White Parchment
Mushroom Paste
Board
Wood Plank
Treasure Chest
Aquamarine Ring

Works pretty well as I just need to sell everything when it's full.

Is there a guide to the most efficient way to grind out AK?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Focus on the easier stuff with boards first, like brooms, buckets (and chum!) and ladders. Save the treasure chests for last as they take an absurd amount of boards to create each one.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

obi_ant posted:

I ran out of AK before I ran out of money, which isn't a place I really expected to be.

Currently, exploring Small Spring with these in works...

White Parchment
Mushroom Paste
Board
Wood Plank
Treasure Chest
Aquamarine Ring

Works pretty well as I just need to sell everything when it's full.

Is there a guide to the most efficient way to grind out AK?

Take a look through this page if you haven’t already https://farmrpg.com/#!/wiki.php?page=Mastery%20Guide%20by%20Null

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

My strategy has been to work on groups of complimentary masteries together. Right now that's leather bags, purple dye, and purple bags; also been working on green dye/green shield/wooden shield on the side. A bunch of "background" masteries are also getting close, and it's just a matter of time until they reach 100k: chum, buckets, orange juice, lemonade. A bit further down I have hammer/essence of slime (now regretting voiding like half a million slimestone) and some of the rings. Steel is going towards scissors and steel wire towards crossbows. Scissors are easily 100% afkable if you have two craftworks slots to spare - one for iron rings and one for scissors themselves.

Don't neglect regular (10k) masteries either, there's a lot more of them accessible than GMs and they can get you a few more levels when combined with AK from chores. This includes all the rings, the intermediate duration (30m-3h) crops, feed and flour, using grape juice on the longer crops (broccoli and up, or cotton and up after the tower upgrade), the slower fish (you might get some of these while GMing fish but I had a bunch that were still in the 6-8k range after GMing the faster fish in a given zone), and some of the slower time-gated items like APs and wine.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Decided to give fishing on the computer a try after getting a system down on my phone. Good thing Iced Tea exists...

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
What is the fastest way to accumulate almost a thousand small screws?

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Piquai Souban posted:

What is the fastest way to accumulate almost a thousand small screws?

Open a bunch of large chest 02s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

rafikki posted:

Open a bunch of large chest 02s

That did the trick! 1/6 of my LC2 supply at this point, thanks!