Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
What’s funnier is Brann isn’t even an interesting or compelling lore character - nobody cares, his only purpose is to be a voice box for writer exposition, and never really does or is affected by anything. He’s a narrator with an in-game avatar, yet Blizzard loving love wheeling him out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

GTO posted:

They could even cycle in an interesting legendary (zephyrs?) to make up for it.

Haha nah

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
The battlegrounds quests seem absolutely busted.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
I see that you can get runestones from bg quests, so that's something. I dunno, maybe the standard reward track won't have any bg stuff anymore which would be good. I'd imagine they'd keep the big and merc stuff on it though to promote playing multiple modes

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

PneumonicBook posted:

I see that you can get runestones from bg quests, so that's something. I dunno, maybe the standard reward track won't have any bg stuff anymore which would be good. I'd imagine they'd keep the big and merc stuff on it though to promote playing multiple modes

:confused: they give BG track XP, not runestones

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Excelzior posted:

:confused: they give BG track XP, not runestones

Yep, I was wrong.

:aloom:

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
welp its battlegrounds season 2 day which means I'm abandoning the only mode of hearthstone I really have cared about for years. I've been playing a bit of constructed and its reasonably fun atm so I'm gonna try to get back into it. How's arena atm? It was a huge struggle to get past 2 wins last time I played but i've never been very good at it even with drafting tools.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I had two weekly quests disappear after the update :rolleye:

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Had 1 disappear as well and my daily quests are showing reduced xp reward (ie not affected by season pass bonus).

Nice

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Same, I just ticked over level 70 for the XP bonus and I had a 1000 XP quest show up that rerolled into a 900.

Edit: apparently this is just a display issue and they're working on the missing quests too.
https://twitter.com/Celestalon/status/1564677030691495936?t=vQOP0loqkweLV5lgGLDrLg&s=19

victorious fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Aug 31, 2022

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
"Besides, it's not like the gold you get at most of the levels is worth anything anymore, you fuckin' whiners." :troll:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Can't seem to craft cards right now either.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

This. Someone here made an excellent point in the old thread about how ramping for Druid is fine IF there is a risk of being overrun while ramping, but Scale of Onyxia (and now to a certain extent Flipper Friends) reduce that risk. Also, with druid able to tutor Sire Denathrius easily, these rush token-based board clears also provide fuel for a now even harder to avoid inevitable fire.

One small change I can think of that might be good for Mage would be to make their location freeze a random minion. Giving them 3 targeted freezes (ignoring the skeleton generated) really goes too far against too many decks IMO.
The real problem is carpenter. Tutoring ramp and banking the draw for later is busted.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

"Besides, it's not like the gold you get at most of the levels is worth anything anymore, you fuckin' whiners." :troll:

The only change here is no more battleground perks with gold right?

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

goferchan posted:

Yeah, the only actual economy changes are the battlegrounds pass no longer being available for gold and switching to a runestone system (which in theory shouldn't change anything until they start actually selling things for less than $5, given how they implemented it).

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Leapfrogger really needs to eat a big nerf if not get outright removed.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

goferchan posted:

Yes but that means gold is completely useless if you only play Battlegrounds

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
was grinding out some quests in wild and ended up climbing to legend.... might try this one again next month.

games are quick, and you'll auto lose to time warp mage while getting scammed by the usual suspects (druid, priest, etc.) unless your rng / draw is insane. also the number of people running reno + renathal in wild is very, very stupid.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Yeah, the only actual economy changes are the battlegrounds pass no longer being available for gold and switching to a runestone system (which in theory shouldn't change anything until they start actually selling things for less than $5, given how they implemented it).

Uh, yeah, they're already doing this. There are a bunch of individual skins in the BG shop right now that cost 150 stone. Which I'm fine with, because that's exactly the kind of thing I would like to be able to pick and choose.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

except you immediately run into the problem of leftover runestones despite their hype :laffo:

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Excelzior posted:

except you immediately run into the problem of leftover runestones despite their hype :laffo:

i am shocked. absolutely. shocked.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Navaash posted:

Uh, yeah, they're already doing this. There are a bunch of individual skins in the BG shop right now that cost 150 stone. Which I'm fine with, because that's exactly the kind of thing I would like to be able to pick and choose.

... They had one job. Motherfucker.

(But seriously, at least let us buy a pack of them for $7.50 or something so you don't have a weird amount of runestones at literally any time if you buy a skin.)

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Sep 1, 2022

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
On the one hand it's nice that they can sell skins for cheaper, on the other hand actually you can't buy them for the exact amount so lol mobile gaming currencies! It's a shame because the BG quest update is actually pretty fun.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
Making gold useless in BGs is lovely, but more or less par for the course with modern Blizzard.

The real issue is that quests are swingy in a crazy and unpredictable way that buddies weren't, while adding none of the personality.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
BG Quests are another in the long litany of 'More random is more fun!' from them at this point.

emocrat
Feb 28, 2007
Sidewalk Technology

Pararoid posted:

The real issue is that quests are swingy in a crazy and unpredictable way that buddies weren't, while adding none of the personality.

I dunno, I kinda like it (so far). With buddies, you knew when you picked your hero exactly what your game plan was from turn 1. It really tended to bend games to play out really really similarly over and over.

The quests being random, plus not getting it for a few turns makes it less consistent and forces you to play with a bit more flexibility. Also helps keep heros a bit closer together power wise without the clear, massive favorites there were with buddies.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
The issue was we never really got a balance pass on buddies. Aside from the worst outliers the system never really saw any iteration.

I liked the idea of having reworked versions of the buddy abilities on an experience -> level up track similar to the buddy meter but without the clunkiness of a minion for every hero, where it should only really be some.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I like quests so far but I've had a couple games where it felt like I was just playing whatever my quest reward was and completely ignoring my hero and if that happens a lot they're going to get old.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Pararoid posted:

The issue was we never really got a balance pass on buddies. Aside from the worst outliers the system never really saw any iteration.

I liked the idea of having reworked versions of the buddy abilities on an experience -> level up track similar to the buddy meter but without the clunkiness of a minion for every hero, where it should only really be some.

I would imagine buddies v2 will come along when quests rotate out

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Last King posted:

i am shocked. absolutely. shocked.

Well that makes it much better. I could see having a kid who likes to play HS and being able to give them a runestone allowance.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

I'm liking Queen Wagtoggle in the new BG season. (and Staff of Origination is OP)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Sep 1, 2022

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

Dik Hz posted:

The real problem is carpenter. Tutoring ramp and banking the draw for later is busted.

Good point. Preventing ramp/draw tutor might be more helpful than board clears.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Mayveena posted:

Well that makes it much better. I could see having a kid who likes to play HS and being able to give them a runestone allowance.

My understanding too is that it's somehow unfavorable (not sure if it's just extra labor or an associated cost or what) to constantly add and remove different in-app purchases on mobile stores (or at least iOS, where they're tied to the specific item they're purchasing). This way it's just "$5 - 500 runestones" instead of every week adding and removing "$5 -Battleground portrait bundle A B & C" whenever they want to sell something

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Huh, apparently I got a 10-star bonus this month, even though I only got to Diamond 5 like I usually do. Anyone else had that before?

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.
Platinum 8 was 6 stars for me.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Valiantman posted:

Platinum 8 was 6 stars for me.

Huh?
Plat 10 wild, 9 stars.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

victorious posted:

Huh, apparently I got a 10-star bonus this month, even though I only got to Diamond 5 like I usually do. Anyone else had that before?

I had it once after getting Legend the previous month then d5 the next. I guess it factors in mmr a bit as well as rank?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

mcbexx posted:

Huh?
Plat 10 wild, 9 stars.

Plat 10 Standard was 6 for me.

GTO posted:

I had it once after getting Legend the previous month then d5 the next. I guess it factors in mmr a bit as well as rank?

Yeah maybe this, or it's also affected by how many times you've reached that rank across all seasons? My 6-star bonus seems on the low end for Plat 10 but it was also my first time ever hitting platinum since the ranks were revamped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

victorious posted:

IIRC, the number of stars you get is based on the higher of two things: your end-of-season rank, and your hidden MMR. It was supposed to be designed so that even if you took a month or two off, you could still get back to where you "should" be pretty quickly.