Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Just rewatched it. Nope is still dope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It was pretty great finishing the movie and immediately going to YouTube to look up if the slowed Sunglasses at Night was released as a track like the excellent I Got Five On It remix and there it was.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

wake me up when the dramatic purple people eater cover is released on spotify

edit:

holy poo poo hoisted by my own bad joke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysYkMfT5D-g

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

I love that OJ has his own cowboy hat from the very beginning

and this should be posted on every page:
https://open.spotify.com/track/27eD37Haijg0bozK9osvXg?si=yn9kNhBYTmSIZ1OLpVduXw&utm_source=copy-link

best track from the soundtrack besides "Nope"

forest spirit fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Sep 1, 2022

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Famethrowa posted:

holy poo poo holsted by my own bad joke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysYkMfT5D-g

ftfy

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Peele don’t skimp on his soundtracks

A Scary Little Dog
Mar 12, 2006

YIP YIP MOTHERFUCKER
I was pleased to find this in the wild today:

https://twitter.com/monstatron/status/1565058079015813126

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I thought the holes in the top part were caused from the barbed wire fence shredding up its gutty wutts

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
It's possible but they're almost symmetrical. I thought they'd be the way food passed from one layer/fold to another.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Baron von Eevl posted:

It's possible but they're almost symmetrical. I thought they'd be the way food passed from one layer/fold to another.

The symmetry could just be from the barbed wire tearing through both sides of a fold. Like how you cut snowflake patterns out of folded sheets of paper.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

If ancient barbed wire from the far corner of a dilapidated ranch would be enough to shred JJ to ribbons, I really don't think it could eat a horse. Those things kick hard as gently caress and their hooves would gently caress JJ's insides up bad.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I rewatched it and Jean jacket is definitely an rear end in a top hat. He spitefully spits out the horse on OJ’s car, he definitely spitefully ate the audience. He’s a real mean jerk I tell you hwhat

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

SlimGoodbody posted:

If ancient barbed wire from the far corner of a dilapidated ranch would be enough to shred JJ to ribbons, I really don't think it could eat a horse. Those things kick hard as gently caress and their hooves would gently caress JJ's insides up bad.
A horse wouldn't have metal other than the shoes and nails. I imagine barb wire would loving suck to swallow and obviously JJ can't digest it, and it would be a lot more problematic than the fake horse which was at least smooth edged. But the sheer scale of the son of a bitch makes me think that it didn't get torn up much by it.

fistful of hammers
Nov 11, 2011
JJ's final form also reminded me of the starchild skull (once speculated to have been extraterrestrial but later debunked as congenital hydrocephalus):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starchild_skull?wprov=sfla1

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Dang missing my personal favorite. Members Only Jacket

banned from Starbucks fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Sep 2, 2022

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

CelticPredator posted:

I rewatched it and Jean jacket is definitely an rear end in a top hat. He spitefully spits out the horse on OJ’s car, he definitely spitefully ate the audience. He’s a real mean jerk I tell you hwhat

When I moved into my first apartment a cat was chillin in my parking spot. I moved in slowly so it had plenty of time to take off, which it did. The next day there was poop on my windshield.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

And like the Haywood’s that was their ranch that JJ decided to take over

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

banned from Starbucks posted:

Dan missing my personal favorite. Members Only Jacket

Starter Jacket
Peacoat
Leather Vest

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I wanna see the fab rhinestone jacket

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

fistful of hammers posted:

JJ's final form also reminded me of the starchild skull (once speculated to have been extraterrestrial but later debunked as congenital hydrocephalus):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starchild_skull?wprov=sfla1

The silhouette of the Threat Display kinda reminded me of the flatwoods monster, personally.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

What a fun and imaginitive take on the "giant monster" and "ufo" topics. Peele is so clever.

https://twitter.com/behind_pics/status/1565082476070019079

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Jack B Nimble posted:

uh, what happened to Jordan Peele's friend that did comedy with him?

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Keegan-Michael Key is a fantastic voice actor with a lot of range, but voice acting isn't really an appreciated acting style here in America so it doesn't get brought up much.
is no one going to bring up this iconic duo

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

well why not posted:

What a fun and imaginitive take on the "giant monster" and "ufo" topics. Peele is so clever.

https://twitter.com/behind_pics/status/1565082476070019079

This is Terry Notary and all he does is mocap/movement coordination, and a LOT of it is ape related.

Also in this photo you can see how they scaled up the set to make him chimp sized in the shot.

EDIT: At least I heard they did that, the background wall looks regular size so idk

Gravitas Shortfall fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Sep 2, 2022

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

CelticPredator posted:

JJ eats the audience? But I'M the audience!!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That jupe guy said free icees! I just wanted the icee!!

Sky Berry

Edit: more like mean jacket

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Sep 2, 2022

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Going to a My Morning Jacket concert is now terrifying.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

I want a ranch with a fake horse and a jeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

jacket

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that

CelticPredator posted:

That jupe guy said free icees! I just wanted the icee!!

Sky Berry

Edit: more like mean jacket

What flavor are we thinking Cactus tastes like? Cucumber-lime?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s made of real cactus

Prickly

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Fyadophobic posted:

It tastes similar to that Asian green grass jelly drink.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I mean, tequila is just fermented cactus juice, isn't it?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

CelticPredator posted:

I wanna see the fab rhinestone jacket

That jacket is so good. When Jupe turns around and you see the UFO design on it... So good.

Wonder if "cool jacket" was an intentional allusion to the mayor in Jaws?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
It's a Nudie suit.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Fyadophobic posted:

You’re not too far off, in my experience raw nopales taste something akin to celery or green bean, with a tart undercurrent (esp when served with lime juice). TBH I’d probably rather have a prickly pear ICEE, but there is something appealing about just taking a big cartoon bite out of a cactus paddle. Seems like good fodder for a Binging With Babish episode.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Thread, do yourself a favor -- Monin sells flavor syrup called 'Desert Pear', it's Prickly Pear and regular Pear blended together. Buy a bottle of it, and put a little in a glass of lemonade or Sprite. It'll blow your mind.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

This is Terry Notary and all he does is mocap/movement coordination, and a LOT of it is ape related.

Also in this photo you can see how they scaled up the set to make him chimp sized in the shot.

EDIT: At least I heard they did that, the background wall looks regular size so idk

"The ape guy" is a pretty cool career to have. And it seems like he works nonstop.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

The folding membrane structure of Jean Jacket remind me very much of the marine flatworms that mimic poisonous sea slugs. See, flatworms are basically a flat sheet with a few openings, due to them being made up of essentially two cell layers that makes having any kind of "depth" very difficult. But the sea slugs are normal animals (at least as far as any mollusc can be), and they have a wide array of structures that stick up and out, like antenna. The flat worms that try and mimic the poisonous sea slugs have to have ridiculous origami folds and curves to try and bullshit these sticky-out bits, despite basically just being a sheet.

Reading the design interviews with the science consultant is pretty wild. Sounds like they scooped the weirdest traits of the most alien animals in the ocean into one incredible design. Despite how ridiculous the thing looks on paper, there's just enough there that it somehow feels plausible. I gotta say I thing it might possibly be the best creature design since the xenomorph.

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

With all rocks and papers vanquished, they turn on eachother...

This is the first movie I watched on VOD and then went and saw it again in theaters. Thankfully it's somehow stayed in theaters for over a month.

This time, I pinpointed exactly where the last act starts to feel weirdly contrived to me, and it's when JJ attacks Em's trailer. Was there any established reason for that to happen? Knowing this time that Holst was implied to be dying, it made his suicide easier to believe, but I didn't really get sold on the idea that all the IMAX footage was destroyed and the characters all knew that, but I can just roll with that pretty easily. Still an extremely rewarding rewatch experience.

Edit: This time I noticed Jupiter's Claim is covered in images of Jupe as a kid, which ties into Mary-Jo having her child self on a t-shirt. They both latch onto a time before the tragedy destroyed them.

Scissorfighter fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Sep 3, 2022

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Darth Walrus posted:

I mean, tequila is just fermented cactus juice, isn't it?

Agave aren’t cactuses, no. They’re more closely related to yucca and asparagus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Scissorfighter posted:

I didn't really get sold on the idea that all the IMAX footage was destroyed and the characters all knew that, but I can just roll with that pretty easily. Still an extremely rewarding rewatch experience.

They saw the hide get destroyed when Holst got eaten so I figure they couldn't assume the film was still intact. Hell, they probably didn't even know if Angel was alive.