Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

No Wave posted:

To me, fischl is only behind zhongli when it comes to low maintenance. You're not alone though ofc barely anyone plays fischl compared to how strong she is.

I mean, obviously Oz is the gold standard of fire-and-forget, but Fischl wants to take the field every 10 seconds, optimally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm not kidding when I say that every double crit substat artifact I've seen since returning to the game has put every roll into either flat HP or flat DEF. It's consistent to the degree that I have to imagine there's some sort of weighting behind the scenes to make "perfect" artifacts even rarer

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Well, posting bad artifacts is funny and posting good ones is rude.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

score the dream artifact with er/crit/crit dmg/%attack

it all rolls into ER

:shrug:

allright I guess

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm desperate for better crit rate substats for Ayato. He's sitting on an absolutely stupid 55%/210% ratio right now and while I would gladly sacrifice some of that crit damage for more crit rate, I haven't gotten any artifacts that would let me do that. Or rather, I have, it would just involve absolutely tanking his crit damage to the point that I'd be in the opposite situation :v:

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Trying for good substats is the way of madness and Abyss.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Posting terrible artifacts ismight be good karma. I got this just now

(If this is another 100% flat +hp roll I take back my earlier assessment, this is an even more perfect troll)

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
All unlevelled artifacts are in Schrodinger's box, except for the ones with 4 bad substats.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Yeah at least with huge crit damage when you do crit the number is big which provides dopamine.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I'll get a 5* dendro goblet someday. Maybe.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Eimi posted:

Yeah at least with huge crit damage when you do crit the number is big which provides dopamine.

I do like to see the big number, but then I do a :( face when I see the tiny numbers when he doesn't crit

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Tighnari can still make good use of an EM goblet at least. All his relevant damage is buffed ~25% the bonus of a Dendro goblet, while having stronger spreads. If you've been playing a while, you probably have a collection of decent EM goblets. Or should. Hope you haven't been trashing them.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I have like ten EM goblets total from october 2020 through today. They are so darn rare, 1 in 200 artifacts you see will be an em goblet.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Sep 2, 2022

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

It's incredibly appropriate that Fischl unleashed her true power with dendro comps right after the summer event where she faced her inner self

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Hm, I can't seem to be able to get a picture of a spinocrocodile attacking. Like the game refuses to register one as being in the "attacking" state. Same for the tigers, although the game seems to think I already have all the pictures I need without actually having given me credit for them.

It's possible I'm missing something obvious but I feel like my progress is bugged out on this one.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Re: collab characters: clearly the answer is a Switch release with a Travis Touchdown collab.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Currently using dmc, kuki, fischl, and sick girl. My dendro people are definitely underlevelled and with lovely artifacts but its still fun watching things jiggle inside the AOE bursts

I do wish sick girl's skill cd was just slightly shorter though

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Sep 2, 2022

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Harrow posted:

Hm, I can't seem to be able to get a picture of a spinocrocodile attacking. Like the game refuses to register one as being in the "attacking" state. Same for the tigers, although the game seems to think I already have all the pictures I need without actually having given me credit for them.

It's possible I'm missing something obvious but I feel like my progress is bugged out on this one.

As far as I can tell, you have to be in a specific location on the map in order to take those pictures. There’ll be a kamera icon, or you can use the “Take Pictures” button from the rewards list.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

AweStriker posted:

As far as I can tell, you have to be in a specific location on the map in order to take those pictures. There’ll be a kamera icon, or you can use the “Take Pictures” button from the rewards list.

Yeah, I'm in those locations when I try. I got the other two pictures for each of them, but for some reason I can't get it to register the "attacking" state at all. The icon for the spinocrocodile area is still on my map, but the tiger one is gone, so it's like the game thinks I'm done with that one, but I didn't actually get credit for it (it still says 2/3 and doesn't have an "attacking" picture).

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

You don't have to go to those specific locations, you can take the pictures anywhere.

For the "attacking" ones I think it only counts specific attack animations that the monsters do. You can just aggro them then keep them in frame, and the camera ui will show you when the photo will count.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

All I know is, go to the area it says, poke the crocodile with a stick and pull out your camera and keep it in focus until it says attacking

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Garrand posted:

All I know is, go to the area it says, poke the crocodile with a stick and pull out your camera and keep it in focus until it says attacking

Yeah it just... never says "attacking" ever. Even if it's running at me with its mouth open, or mid-lunge, or winding up to hit me with its tail. I'm taking dozens of pictures mid-attack animation and getting nothing, it always just says "Spinocrocodile" and "you've taken sufficient pictures of this animal" or something like that.

Meanwhile the area for the tigers is gone from my map, like the game seems to think I already got all the pictures I need.

The only thing keeping me from thinking this might be a bug is that I can't find anyone else on the internet talking about it and I can't imagine I'd be the only person ever to have bugged out their quest progress, so I feel like it's gotta be something else.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Sep 2, 2022

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
The crocodile was pretty fiddly for me. I was trying to be clever and shoot it from a treetop and the game refused to accept it until I went down and stood in the water until a crocodile noticed me, it had to basically be right on top of me to count.

Area doesn't matter, those map icons are just suggestions (usually bad — the sumpter beast one that popped for me was right by a mage that immediately spotted me and so I had to kill everything). But it does feel like the 'attacking' state requires the enemy to actually have seen you and be coming for you, not just aggroed and trying to figure out where you are. So for the tigers you're probably better off at night, because they'll come after you then. I can't remember a particularly good hunting spot for them, I think I just went to a cave by the giant ruin guard (although there is a huge tiger zone, I can't remember where it is offhand — by the garden maybe?). I do know there's plenty of crocodiles in that river valley east of Vimara, so just walking around there should give you plenty of opportunities.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

No Wave posted:

Neither opinion is wrong, but fischl does a ton more off field damage and applies more electro. Even if it's a comp that is friendly to raiden's field hogging fischl is still often more damage. It's only very specific comps that raiden ends up better. Ofc if your characters have underbuilt ER in general raiden will always be better. And a lot of the time they're very close in damage so it's not like you're deprived building one and not the other.

The advantage of Raiden is that she can theoretically enable her teammates to go for different builds with less ER and as a result more damage. That could mean swapping an ER sands for an atk one, changing a Favonius weapon for one with crit instead, or it could mean swapping high-ER-substat artifacts for higher crit substat pieces. But that last option is only really there if you've been grinding your face into the artifact mines every day for 2 years and have a good selection of well rolled artifacts.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Also no one ever acknowledges that Fischl doesn't have great AoE (not that it's bad)

Same goes for XQ for that matter

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Sep 2, 2022

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Zenostein posted:

The crocodile was pretty fiddly for me. I was trying to be clever and shoot it from a treetop and the game refused to accept it until I went down and stood in the water until a crocodile noticed me, it had to basically be right on top of me to count.

Area doesn't matter, those map icons are just suggestions (usually bad — the sumpter beast one that popped for me was right by a mage that immediately spotted me and so I had to kill everything). But it does feel like the 'attacking' state requires the enemy to actually have seen you and be coming for you, not just aggroed and trying to figure out where you are. So for the tigers you're probably better off at night, because they'll come after you then. I can't remember a particularly good hunting spot for them, I think I just went to a cave by the giant ruin guard (although there is a huge tiger zone, I can't remember where it is offhand — by the garden maybe?). I do know there's plenty of crocodiles in that river valley east of Vimara, so just walking around there should give you plenty of opportunities.

Theres a bunch of tigers by the sumaru talent domain. Personally I had a bitch of a time getting a sumpter beast eating, the fuckers seemed to be asleep basically all the time. Eventually got it (then got it attacking me, despite the game claiming the photos need to be different individuals) of the sumpter beast at the desert nomad bad guys tent across the river to the west of sumeru city.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Kale posted:

Anyway Dori's character trailer came out today, but I'm going to share the Japanese one cause it's just particularly special how this VA has decided to do the character still.
That's a weird direction, it's like the VA can't decide whether to use a kid voice or the generic anime "lolibaba" voice or something in between. Hopefully the ingame character lines are a bit more consistent in either direction, cause it was jarring hearing it jump back and forth constantly in the trailer.

Kale
May 14, 2010

sushibandit posted:

That's a weird direction, it's like the VA can't decide whether to use a kid voice or the generic anime "lolibaba" voice or something in between. Hopefully the ingame character lines are a bit more consistent in either direction, cause it was jarring hearing it jump back and forth constantly in the trailer.

I thought it was just straight obaasan antics myself

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Garrand posted:

You actually can't do this. Animals won't attack you as long as you have your camera out. Source: I had trouble getting the attacking tigers pic because I kept trying to do exactly this.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The "poke the crocodile with a stick" part is important. The animals won't aggro you while you have the camera out, but they will keep attacking if they've already been aggroed.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Revisiting my Teizou team after playing with Prototype Amber. I think the best and most well-rounded incarnation is Heizou/Fischl/Yelan/XQ. While PA and XQ usually aren't enough healing to be completely sufficient, both of them together feel quite comfortable. The new Hydro resonance also makes everyone beefier and increases the heals from PA. Yelan actually has more health than with 4 different elements. Losing Zhongli's shield isn't even too bad because XQ provides interruption resistance as well as Hydro RES shred. With Heizou being out to tank most hits, he makes good use of HP from PA and Hydro resonance, as well as being the primary recipient of water sword heals.

Losing the comfort of Zhongli's shield but gaining more damage via XQ makes it more exciting as well. Funnily enough, the biggest loss is the ability to deal with Geo shields.

And now my Heizou team doesn't have overlap with Tighnari, giving me 3 full teams that work in overworld/domains/Abyss :toot:

ReVerve
Jul 13, 2001

Select and make your first pick.

Biscuit Hider
Seelie time. What colors do you got? I think I got yellow first then purple the last time.

Which one are you going to get? Gotta have that green one. I don't remember if it's been available before.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Harrow posted:

The "poke the crocodile with a stick" part is important. The animals won't aggro you while you have the camera out, but they will keep attacking if they've already been aggroed.

If they've already started their attack animation yes. Like I said though, I would get them to attack me, not pull my camera out on time or pull it out too early or something, and then they would just stare at me while I pointed it at them.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

ReVerve posted:

Seelie time. What colors do you got? I think I got yellow first then purple the last time.

Which one are you going to get? Gotta have that green one. I don't remember if it's been available before.

The green one is new so definitely grabbing it. Unless they rerun this event without adding a new seelie, I guess I'll never get the blue or pink ones. Oh well.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh my god they're finally doing it. I just started doing today's daily mission and Uninvited Guests has Xiao in it! Wow! A character I know about and want to see in the world doing things!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Ooh yeah, I'm definitely liking this version of Teizou. XQ feels much more fluid (:v:) on the team than Zhongli. And I think it's safe to say "viable Prototype Amber user" is a significant distinction between Heizou and Sucrose.

https://i.imgur.com/q6iGkwK.mp4

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Sep 3, 2022

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'm starting to strongly suspect that kusanali will be a healer...

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

No Wave posted:

I'm starting to strongly suspect that kusanali will be a healer...

if she's Dendro Kokomi I would be fine with that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Excelzior posted:

if she's Dendro Kokomi I would be fine with that
Yeah. They've designed dendro in a way that you a.) want a dendro healer very badly, b.) don't care that much about running bennett, c.) aren't that interested in jean/sayu. In addition if she has special utility like Venti/Zhongli/Raiden and ISN'T a healer prototype amber will be too crazy, plus lots of catalysts are healers and all but one kid model (a launch kid) is a healer. Plus, it fits her personality and is probably something they wanted to do for one of the seven anyways, and dendro's motif is a literal heart.

(I was thinking about this after new rumors that Baizhu is coming 3.6 at the earliest and that seems too long to wait for a healer)