Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

Vib Rib posted:

I did see that AE2 has fluid management back again, but I'm pretty sure that's only in new versions, long past Nomifactory's 1.12, and won't be backported multiple versions worth.

Wrongo, it's in relatively newer versions of 1.12's AE2. Extended Life edition is just bugfixes and stuff but

There's also https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/ae2-fluid-crafting-rework which purports to help, though. That said EC2 was forked to a supposedly better state in https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/ae-additions-extra-cells-2-fork

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Sep 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Has anyone played "All The Magic: Spellbound"? Can Ghasts even spawn?

I've been searching for over 3 hours and checking the map for Ghast icons and I've seen not a single loving one. Not ONE. I'm in a basalt delta where they SHOULD be able to spawn, but who knows what the gently caress with this pack. There's virtually no info on it when Googling.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Black Pants posted:

Wrongo, it's in relatively newer versions of 1.12's AE2. Extended Life edition is just bugfixes and stuff but

There's also https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/ae2-fluid-crafting which purports to help, though. That said EC2 was forked to a supposedly better state in https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/ae-additions-extra-cells-2-fork
Huh! I had no idea. I wonder if these would be compatible with Nomifactory.

E: So wait, Extended Life version is the version that does or doesn't have fluid crafting?
E2: Wait, is this just fluid storage? I saw it said that fluid crafting was folded into the base mod but I can't find where that's applicable with 1.12.2. Did my wires get crossed somewhere in this conversation?

Vib Rib fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Aug 31, 2022

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Meskhenet posted:

So how do you even use these processing arrays?

They let you put up to 16 of the same machine in it and run at the same time sharing the inputs and outputs. Make sure you include enough space in the input and output for 16x the ingredients and results and that you can fill and empty them fast enough. The simplest way to use them is to parallelize a single recipe without having to lay out all the connections for 16 separate machine and also save the lag of all that. But you can also use them to run different recipes and its only slightly more complicated. They'll process any recipe they find across all their inputs so for combined electrolyzing tungstate and scheelite you can use a single big input bus and dump all your tungstate and scheelite dust into it and it will do both. If you're doing recipes that have different outputs remember to have enough space to handle any combination of the 16 machines crafting different recipes.

There's also Distinct Bus Mode which doesn't merge item buses together before figuring out what it can craft. That lets you use things like extruder shapes or numbered circuit things to specify different outputs depending on what input you put things in and all 16 machines will work on them together. For example I have an extruder processing array setup with 8 input buses each with a different shape and put ingots in whichever to to craft using that shape. That lets all 16 extruders switch to crafting whatever I happen to need at the moment which is well beyond what I could automate without making 16 extruders for each part. Keep in mind that distinct bus mode only keeps the item buses separate, fluid buses will be shared between all of them. And if you aren't using the latest dev there's a crash if you try and use distinct bus mode without any item buses.

Processing arrays are really good for doing ore processing. I just setup a unified refining setup that let me consolidate almost everything into the same set of pulverizers, washing plants, and centrifuges with far less logistics overhead. I've got it feeding the processing arrays with laser relays so adding 16x more machines for a step is just putting down another array and daisy-chaining its lasers to the previous one instead of laying a bunch of cable and conduits and setting filters etc.

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan
I just got creative power in Nomifactory and am starting to do the math for the rest of the pack and I’m debating just noping out. 1100+ T7 *into* 1100+ T8 micro miners just for the chaos shards required to make all the infinity ingots. Then there’s the 255 hearts of a universe. Plus much, much more. It’s absurd. I dunno, I’m gonna try and power through, but yeesh.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
I don't remember the T7/8 issue so I wanted to make sure you knew you can put omnium in a creative tank. All the infinity catalysts are a big problem. Still, if you got a server, you should just go for it. My recommendation is to get a few crafting CPUs in the 1-2MB range that can each do a catalyst. Then just have level emitters with crafting cards continually request crafting for them. You'll wind up with a pretty challenging logistics problem as ancient infrastructure in your base runs dry in unexpected places from all the demand. A lot of the other components for the recipes are pretty annoying though, and I can't blame you. There were a few people here and on Discord who dropped out right there. If I weren't on a server, I'd probably call it "good enough" there too.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
The volume itself isn't a big deal since you've basically got infinite materials; neutronium and crystaline(?) diamond tanks help with the "hard" parts of the high-level microminers and the scarcity switches to things you don't expect and probably didn't see coming - red coal, basic diamonds, all those various things out of the slice and dice, doped lasers, those glowstone control unit things, and a few dozen machines that redeem your newly vast amount of pristine endermen/dragons. Plus, of course, everything out of draconic crafting. Since you've got creative power the DML supercomputer thing lets you generate infinite amounts of whatever raw material you need that you can't put in the tank, you'll need to dedicate your first few hearts to 3-4 of those.

It's the materials that require transformation that you have to scale and fix bottlenecks, like the dust you have to dope with molten redstone/glowstone.

You basically autocraft craft a heart of the universe and then start tracking down where your bottlenecks are and fix them by rigging up a line of PAs feeding directly into max-sized drawers, 6 dedicated ALs, revamp your ore refiner area to trash can most stuff but pull out the bits you need from the dense ore microminers (maybe some rare earth thing, I forget exactly what), hook up tanks to the 3-4 EBFs you still need for all the circuit boards, stuff like that.

Eventually once you've ironed out all the bottlenecks and have a dedicated large microminer to making hearts non-stop you then start focusing on making the million different extended crafting recipe prerequisites (my least favorite part) and setting up dedicated mini-lines to make stuff like the million capacitors you need. By then it's pretty much the home stretch.

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Sep 1, 2022

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I'm going to add liquid diamonds and emeralds so I can solidify them post-tank and no one can stop me. :colbert:

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan
Yeah, I basically spent a day tanking anything that I might need and can be tanked, so that’s not the issue. It’s mostly just me dreading all of the massive parallelization ahead, but I know it’s doable. It’s like, queuing up even 100 of the high end MMs and seeing that I need 50k each of things that I can only make 8 of every 30 seconds is disheartening… Definitely gonna give it a try though.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Vib Rib posted:

Huh! I had no idea. I wonder if these would be compatible with Nomifactory.

E: So wait, Extended Life version is the version that does or doesn't have fluid crafting?
E2: Wait, is this just fluid storage? I saw it said that fluid crafting was folded into the base mod but I can't find where that's applicable with 1.12.2. Did my wires get crossed somewhere in this conversation?

EC2's basic fluid crafting stuff was folded into AE2, the fluid crafting mod I mentioned just improves on it.

Edit: okay looks like it didn't include the fluid autofiller thing, but I'm not sure that ever actually worked.

Edit 2: OH wait I see, AE2 was made to actually work properly with fluid autocrafting in later versions? Sorry I meant basically EC2's janky stuff was folded into it, not that whatever happened later was ported back to 1.12.

You'd need https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/ae2-fluid-crafting-rework for that.

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Sep 2, 2022

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Black Pants posted:

EC2's basic fluid crafting stuff was folded into AE2, the fluid crafting mod I mentioned just improves on it.

Edit: okay looks like it didn't include the fluid autofiller thing, but I'm not sure that ever actually worked.
I guess I'm just not seeing it because I can't find any way to put fluids into patterns or autocraft with them at all.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The misunderstanding was that you said 'AE2 has fluid management but only past 1.12' but by 'fluid management' you meant 1.16+'s fluid autocrafting, while I meant Extra Cells 2's fluid management. :P But sorry.

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Sep 2, 2022

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Black Pants posted:

The misunderstanding was that you said 'AE2 has fluid management but only past 1.12' but by 'fluid management' you meant 1.16+'s fluid autocrafting, while I meant Extra Cells 2's fluid management. :P But sorry.
You specifically said "fluid crafting" in your first post about it!

Black Pants posted:

EC2 in 1.12 sucked but then at some point fluid crafting was folded into base AE2 so I guess in this case either they are using an ancient version of AE2 or one with the fluid stuff disabled/uncraftable.

All right, glad to have that cleared up, going back to Refined Storage either way. Keeping entire machines full of just one fluid and one process is something I do in the endgame anyway, I definitely don't need that to be the only option. Weird to think this all only happened because RS had a crash when used with Gregtech that wasn't fixed until right after Omnifactory was released.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Lordshmee posted:

Yeah, I basically spent a day tanking anything that I might need and can be tanked, so that’s not the issue. It’s mostly just me dreading all of the massive parallelization ahead, but I know it’s doable. It’s like, queuing up even 100 of the high end MMs and seeing that I need 50k each of things that I can only make 8 of every 30 seconds is disheartening… Definitely gonna give it a try though.
In terms of scale, it's really not that gruesome. Take a look at my end-game base to get a sense for scale and what you need to make: https://imgur.com/a/XFLWSBh The stuff in space was post-tank, the ender unit stuff was the most annoying to get to work because of the complex pipes required.

This was pretty much the entirety of the PAs I made:

6 - each circuit type
6 - each heavy plate type
5 - wetware board
5 - distributed alloy smelters for autocrafting (item interface surrounding an interface laser linked one to each)
12 various (2x glass, nether quartz, magma, xp, plat foil, DMR clay, etc)
one for each common process type (lathe, electrolyzer, saw, compressor, etc)

Some PAs directly feed other PAs, glass and nether quartz especially. That's why you see lasers everywhere. Remember you can have as many item inputs as you need, it's best to have one dedicated item input per item so you can feed directly from interfaces. You should not be using pipes except with some very specific exceptions and all outputs should feed into their own dedicated drawers.

You should make a neutronium mechanical crafting setup and to switch several things to neutronium tools (I forget what specifically but maybe things like balls?) If there's a crafting recipe you'll want to switch to that because it's instant craft compared to putting it in a machine.

Take a look at that gallery, it shows my base and the various machines I used. Here's my effortpost about it https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=523236583

Once you have the materials to mass-crafting machines to stick in the PAs that you slap down with the copy-paste gadget, it becomes really straightforward. My biggest waste of time was creating the tank wall before I knew exactly what fluids I'd *actually* need. I only really used around half of the tanks I made initially. The rest was just looking at what my autocrafting was "stuck" on and building individual tank->extruder->machine->drawer for each.

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Sep 2, 2022

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I'm still very early in lv and I keep putting off making stuff because I'm already getting tired of manual mining with hammers. I keep having issues with tin and copper because I keep finding the lovely-for-them veins. Is there anything I can do beyond the grind yet? Just spend my coins instead of hoarding them?

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

taiyoko posted:

I'm still very early in lv and I keep putting off making stuff because I'm already getting tired of manual mining with hammers. I keep having issues with tin and copper because I keep finding the lovely-for-them veins. Is there anything I can do beyond the grind yet? Just spend my coins instead of hoarding them?
Look at this chart https://ftb.fandom.com/wiki/GregTech_5/Mining_and_Processing for what you need and find the "primary ore" type that's going to be in the vein. Then, make sure your ore detector has 2 range cards and an ore card, buy a single piece of the primary ore with coins and make an "ore wall" and crouch-rightclick on the ore to save the ore to the ore card. If the ore is near the surface you can just run around till you find a clump, otherwise you'll need to look in nearby caves. Use those diamond hammers you were given to mine 3x3, and see if you have enough coins to buy materials so you can mine directly into an ender bag or large backpack (and void cobble). Craft a magnet for ease of pickup.

Absolutely spend your coins! You get tons, especially in LV->MV. If you prefer crafting to mining, look into selling widgets at the trade block for coins. I definitely had 2 of those crafting tables that saved recipes for crafting trades. that I'd check often. I would also recommend saving some for weird off ores like platinum but buying one or two stacks of basic ores is fine. You won't be able to buy yourself enough iron, you will absolutely need to find a brown limonite vein. The good news is once you get your first MV you can immediately start making polymer clay, switch to DML and then rarely have to mine ever again once you build enough. Long mining trips is something you gradually level out of, though I did mark a vein for each basic ore and would often get impatient and mine iron and copper and redstone especially through MV.

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Sep 2, 2022

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
The only thing you'll really need coins for is buying drill cores (unless you can find them, which isn't impossible, but they are pretty rare) and probably snatching up some platinum and one other rare ore I forget off the top of my head. You get so many just going through quests you'll easily be able to afford those before you get to them, and I've never once had to use the bounty board. Even though I kind of want to!

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Make sure at some point you build the grapple and maybe a hang glider, set your ore search to basic chest and go raid the city buildings. Grapple up the side, mine through the wall and loot the chests. You can get rare items like drill cores, fairly valuable materials like gold ingots in them, and I think even ender lilies and pearls. And those weirdly-named capacitors, which you'll use a few of in your various machines later on.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

"We Must Dissent"

Palladium is one the quest book tells you to buy if you don't already have some. You only need 1mb per thingy so a stack lasts a long time so going out searching for a vein is a waste of time since you can get it from microminers before too long.

Bhodi posted:

Make sure at some point you build the grapple and maybe a hang glider, set your ore search to basic chest and go raid the city buildings. Grapple up the side, mine through the wall and loot the chests. You can get rare items like drill cores, fairly valuable materials like gold ingots in them, and I think even ender lilies and pearls. And those weirdly-named capacitors, which you'll use a few of in your various machines later on.
Grapple is very good. I bound it to my side mouse button and I still use it even with jetpack, angel ring, and teleport staff. There are a few upgraded versions too.

Chests will also give dark steel armor pieces and bars which are a huge survivability boost and have a bunch of helpful upgrades you can make like nightvision.

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan

Bhodi posted:

In terms of scale, it's really not that gruesome. Take a look at my end-game base to get a sense for scale and what you need to make: https://imgur.com/a/XFLWSBh

This is really great, thanks!

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

I figured out the problem with my assembly lines :)

After i rewired them all with conduits and filters and hand fed a whole bunch of stuff :(

The way i had it set up.

I had the item box thing, in the right place, but i had my ME interface ontop of that. Which ment it was also touching the first item input hatch.

So the interface was just outputting to that bus, and not the box.

Moving the me interface solved all my problems (i was almost at the point of just cheating in assembly line stuff.)

Flail Snail
Jul 30, 2019

Collector of the Obscure
I'm playing on a lightly customized ATM7 with some other goons. You ever do anything so dumb that you just have to close the game and go do something else for a bit?

Upgrading several Powah energizing rods, I decided the best course of action was to use my efficiency 6 vibranium pickaxe to ultimine the four basic ones that I was using. Most things are an instabreak with this pick so, in quick succession, I broke the four rods I was intending, enough stone from my basement floor to leave a decent size crater, and a big chunk of my AE2 smart cables (including all of the buses that they were attached to). The only saving graces are that ultimine breaks a maximum of 64 blocks and, after I had appropriately chastised myself and repaired the damage, I found myself with a few spare cables.

Don't mind the technicolor vomit cabling. It's all reused from a previous project and I had no desire to wash the color from each cable segment individually. I'm aware that it's a mess but, like all computer touchers, cable management is a problem for future Flail.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

GTNH status: 🍝

This monstrosity makes Cetane-Boosted Diesel. A LOT of it. It puts out about 10k EU/t (before operating costs), which is 19.5 amps of HV power. And it's running at half capacity. And it's not enjoying the 50% fuel efficiency boost that comes with using Large Combustion Generators (an EV thing; I'm still in HV.)

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Ive made 64 Omnium

I now need to get into draconic stuff.

I have build 1 MK 1 fusion ring.

Should i build another?

1 to make materials
1 to make oxygen plasma for turbines?

I have very little actual power storage, so im not too sure i want to change to EU from rf for my production. Are turbines good?

I need to start banking power though >< and swap out my conduits for super.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

"We Must Dissent"

I've fallen off my progress but from all the talk I've heard you want to use fusion for power. Or you can lay out a ton of high tier solar panels. I keep hearing nickel plasma is the preferred one to go with. The discord has a spreadsheet of turbine materials.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Meskhenet posted:

Ive made 64 Omnium

Should i build another?

1 to make materials

I have very little actual power storage, so im not too sure i want to change to EU from rf for my production. Are turbines good?

Power storage isn't really a thing in the pack (until endgame); produce what you use. Look for rose gold for your turbines, you should be able to make some and they're pretty much the best for performance:effort.

Don't build a second mk1. You produce a lot more plasma than you can use so bank it and then switch to making materials for the mk2. Also, mk2 fusion shares almost no parts with mk1 so once you make enough material to build a mk2 you can just keep your mk1 there dedicated to plasma. mk3 will replace your mk2, so you can end up with a mk1 and a mk3 (and then you can build a 2nd mk3 if needed)

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Sep 10, 2022

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

We do a little space travel.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

I decided to go back to 1.7.10 for a spell with FTB: Infinity Evolved injected with Chromaticraft and a few other mods, and I forgot how nice it is to be able to cheese early power production with an Ignis node, a few Everburn Urns and a pile of Extra Utilities lava generators. :D

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I switched primarily to solar power around the time I hit LuV tier and never looked back.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Vib Rib posted:

I switched primarily to solar power around the time I hit LuV tier and never looked back.

was that on a space station and used something to send the power back?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Meskhenet posted:

By default I think I heard your best bet is the AE2 spatial channels or whatever those are called, but I'm just playing on a peaceful world and sleeping whenever my daylight alarm tells me it's night. I may just turn off day/night cycles at this point, actually.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Meskhenet posted:

Ive made 64 Omnium

Should i build another?

1 to make materials

I never ended up using fusion even though I figured I would have to bank hard into it. If you are running around with that much omnium, you can problem just use those bizarre naquadah reactors that run on bolts. I did end up making a few of them on my way to creative power.

IMO I went too hard into fusion material production because I wasn't anticipating how the creative tanks would just replace their outputs. I believe you'll need all three tiers but not permanently. I remember afterwards leaning on one or two of my reactors to make some spare fluid of some type or another for me so I could get it in a tank once and that was it.

On the power storage thing: I did make an energy ball... tier 7 I think (second from last). It was actually convenient in the "early end game" where I was about to get a creative tank until I had creative power. I'd wind up giving my base some homework that would run it down but then it would recharge afterwards. Most of the power contribution was just from my surplus of fission reactors. I think if you have fusion on top of fission that you'll just blast through the power demand problem with excessive supply. They didn't make a quest for the energy ball so it implies it isn't a big deal, but if you are worried about energy storage, that thing is definitely the way to go.

But yeah superconducting conduits are a big deal at this point. I was starting to starve out early parts of my base where the older conduits were just not doing this. This was after they were fine all the way up to this point; I just wasn't running so many of those machines simultaneously constantly.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Lol i have no idea what the energy ball is. im thinking draconic?

So i turned on my fusion to get europium, It wsa doing fine (just on 2 tiny breeder reactors LOOOOL) went to bring the washing in and my power was gone.

I think ill do 16 turbines and conver that to rf, then convert that to eu.......

And slowly get about 50 stacks of super conduit to rewire my base

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Yeah, once you can make it, build yourself a draconic energy ball thing. You should have the materials to make one size smaller than the biggest ball that requires omnium blocks and what you'll really end up using it for is for queuing power for your draconic fusion reactions as you push towards tank. It's less power storage and more like a short-term capacitor that allows you to deplete it to fuse a bunch of draconic stuff and then go do something else for a bit.

Vib Rib posted:

By default I think I heard your best bet is the AE2 spatial channels or whatever those are called, but I'm just playing on a peaceful world and sleeping whenever my daylight alarm tells me it's night. I may just turn off day/night cycles at this point, actually.
I made those AE2 singularities but they unfortunately don't transfer enough power to be useful by time you need to build them; I used the draconic portals with the energy laser things but even those can't really transfer post-tank amounts of power unfortunately.

As you start to build towards tank and the last microminer, I built the solars first and used them to provide power; it's a significant amount.

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Sep 10, 2022

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

"We Must Dissent"

Meskhenet posted:

You can use the AE2 quantum bridge and p2p energy interfaces to send a functionally infinite amount of power across dimensions. Its limited by how much energy you can push through the block the interface is connected to iirc but you can always set up multiple p2p connections once you have the link chamber going. However it loses 5% of the energy transferred which it drains from the ME system so you need enough of a buffer of energy cells since ME energy accepters only take in power every few ticks and if the system loses power the quantum bridge turns off.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

I just turned off day the day cycle and have started a ceiling of solar cells.. (Viii for now.)

I will have to google draconic stuff. No pack have i ever made it past just basic wyvern fusion blocks.

LeFishy
Jul 21, 2010
I want to check out create but I’m scared of Overwolf and usually I’d go for the direwolf mod packs. Are there any good packs built around create? Don’t have to be kitchen sink but I guess I like having some new stuff as well as just create… any recs?

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
Heard lots of good things (in this thread) about Create: Above and Beyond. Curseforge packs aren't too bad, you can set them up in any third party launcher such as GDLauncher or PolyMC or whatever your poison is, but if any mod authors choose not to allow third party clients to download their stuff you may have to jump through some hoops to download a handful of those mods (unless support has improved and it's being done automatically now).

LeFishy
Jul 21, 2010

GetDunked posted:

Heard lots of good things (in this thread) about Create: Above and Beyond. Curseforge packs aren't too bad, you can set them up in any third party launcher such as GDLauncher or PolyMC or whatever your poison is, but if any mod authors choose not to allow third party clients to download their stuff you may have to jump through some hoops to download a handful of those mods (unless support has improved and it's being done automatically now).

Gave this a shot and while it seems great it also seems to be an expert level pack that complicates a lot of stuff. I might just go for a kitchen sink at this point. Give dw20 a shot.

PolyMC gives you links that immediately download all the missing jars one by one which is super helpful!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Im scared to log back in to my nomifactory.

Draconic infusions were acting real weird.

I put enough stuff in to make 12 draconic infusers. Went out for the day. Came back, it had made 3, then refused to charge past 50%

Dicking around for hours. Found out that the infusers dont really play nicely with ender io conduits. So its a matter of 'find the side thats actually going to accept power for this infusion'. (and that changes)

I thought it was a power problem, so i built 16 big turbines and cranked a bucket load of solar.

Now, the bit i cant explain.

My turbines and solar were hooked up to Super Ender io conduits. rest of base was on Sig conduits.

No cross over at all.

I cranked out like 100 vib cap banks (remember i thought it was a power issue)
These where only hooked into the solar and turbines while i tried the, do they need all the rf at the start to work step of problem solving.

When i left in the morning, my numi's were at about 12mill rf stored, (each) so my base was running at about 50% capacity, probably less.

After i got my draconic infusers 'working' i noticed my numi's were all at 0 rf stored.

Had burned through 50k pristine shulker.

I rushed around and changed all my conduits over to Super so that i could support with the solar and turbines while my draconic sat idle,.

Yeah, nothing changed.

I think i have enough diamonds to either

a) crank out 2-4x the current numis, double my polymer and do like 40 new simu chambers (i will probably have to cut power ot my base waiting for the data to hit self aware)

b) try to add another 16 - 32 turbines, build another 1-2 fusion reactors, while crafting VIII solar panels (neptunium is a bottle neck)

I have no idea at all what was causing the power drain. I did use a power conduit probe on both setups as i wanted to see if the turbines were generating much power.

(i did find my original yellow SMD assembler had stopped following instructions and had cranked out 150k items), and tbh, i should just hook those up to a draw wall and remove all the level emitters incase another one goes stupid.)
(And all my coal is gone. And i dont know where.)

And the assembly line is beyond stupid. Im almost at the point where i will just fill a draw with what ever is made in those stupid things

And i was using empowered canola for something, probably glyserol. I set up my automation to make 2k empowered seeds.
Came home to 0.
Yeah i forgot the atomic reconstructed seeds to the white list in my vacuum hopper............ oops