Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

American McGay posted:

Someone should alert the Sega Ages I Love Mickey Mouse: Fushigi no Oshiro Daibouken/I Love Donald Duck: Guruzia Ou no Hihou speedrunners.

https://www.cor.pa.gov/family-and-friends/Pages/Inmate-E-Mail.aspx

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

American McGay posted:

Someone should alert the Sega Ages I Love Mickey Mouse: Fushigi no Oshiro Daibouken/I Love Donald Duck: Guruzia Ou no Hihou speedrunners.

Lol

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Senior Woodchuck desperately applying for work release before 9/6

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

American McGay posted:

lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

They're illusions, Mickey. A trick is something a whore does for money... or cocaine.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

American McGay posted:

lmao

elf help book posted:

thank you for making the badges images Sub-Actuality and lol @ the website

:cheerdoge:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

American McGay posted:

lmao

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
jesus, world 4 was sizable. i didn't even try delving into the teacup areas too far since i couldn't shoot in them. very inventive gimmicks though, i really liked the lights turning off when you swing.

think i'm in the back end of the game. pretty enjoyable, though the player movement feels kinda weird, like you're always wading through water, and i can't say i'm a fan of the having to press the jump button again in the air to enter actually-hurting-stuff mode.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

What is a mouse? A miserable little pile of secrets.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

The Kins posted:

jesus, world 4 was sizable. i didn't even try delving into the teacup areas too far since i couldn't shoot in them. very inventive gimmicks though, i really liked the lights turning off when you swing.

think i'm in the back end of the game. pretty enjoyable, though the player movement feels kinda weird, like you're always wading through water, and i can't say i'm a fan of the having to press the jump button again in the air to enter actually-hurting-stuff mode.

Oh I was wondering why I got hurt when jumping on things.

I've played a bit of the first world and am having performance problems with RetroArch. Sound is a little choppy and I think it's running slightly slow. Need to do some troubleshooting, but if anybody has run into the same thing and has tips lmk

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

yeah it took me longer than i'm willing to admit to realize that you had to do a double input to actually stomp on things

Arch Nemesis posted:

I've played a bit of the first world and am having performance problems with RetroArch. Sound is a little choppy and I think it's running slightly slow. Need to do some troubleshooting, but if anybody has run into the same thing and has tips lmk

i ended up switching to SSF since in addition to the audio schizophrenia Retroarch had it would crash at random points for no reason, and so far it's been running flawlessly

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

: Beat Castle of Illusion (Saturn or Genesis)

fun little morsel, if a little unpolished. looking forward to playing the other game now!

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

American McGay posted:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

They're illusions, Mickey. A trick is something a whore does for money... or cocaine.

Lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

The Kins posted:

fun little morsel, if a little unpolished. looking forward to playing the other game now!

when replay week comes you gotta ng+ astro boy

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

elf help book posted:

when replay week comes you gotta ng+ astro boy
i promise nothing and will deliver less

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

After some tutorials I got it past the startup screen, but now I'm stuck here. I don't know if I'm gonna get this working in time :(

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me

Leadthumb posted:

After some tutorials I got it past the startup screen, but now I'm stuck here. I don't know if I'm gonna get this working in time :(

thats a good starting point

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Try inserting the game disc OP.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

American McGay posted:

Try inserting the game disc OP.

This.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

inasmuch as i wanted to go for that secret trophy, RetroArch kept crashing on me. alas. i thought the game was alright, several frustrating moments and game overs but it had its charm. weird feeling that i'm pretty sure this is the second SNES platformer i've ever played after Super Mario World. onto Quackshot

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

symbolic posted:

inasmuch as i wanted to go for that secret trophy, RetroArch kept crashing on me. alas. i thought the game was alright, several frustrating moments and game overs but it had its charm. weird feeling that i'm pretty sure this is the second SNES platformer i've ever played after Super Mario World. onto Quackshot

wellcome... 2 imp zone Game club !

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

played like half an hour of Quackshot and i'm already liking it a fair bit more. feels way more polished, and i like that you can switch among weapons

Sub-Actuality posted:

wellcome... 2 imp zone Game club !

better late than never :hai:

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Leadthumb posted:

You need to extract the 7z file and use the .cue file inside

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Leadthumb posted:

i made a ZIP file with everything needed + instructions on how to get this to run in mednafen and SSF. basically just unzip then click and drag the .CUE file onto the shortcut labeled EMULATOR 1 (for mednafen) or EMULATOR 2 (for SSF)

https://tmfc.link/media/IZGC_SegaAges_WorksOnMyMachine.zip

make sure to plug in your controller first (if you use one) before launching the emulator. you can bind key mappings in mednafen by pressing ALT + SHIFT+1 while the game is running. SSF is more straightforward to configure.

i didn't bother messing w/retroarch on my PC since i've got it on my anbernic and it's kinda idiot-proofed on that thing.

have fun!

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol that file name

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

tmfc posted:

i made a ZIP file with everything needed + instructions on how to get this to run in mednafen and SSF. basically just unzip then click and drag the .CUE file onto the shortcut labeled EMULATOR 1 (for mednafen) or EMULATOR 2 (for SSF)

https://tmfc.link/media/IZGC_SegaAges_WorksOnMyMachine.zip

make sure to plug in your controller first (if you use one) before launching the emulator. you can bind key mappings in mednafen by pressing ALT + SHIFT+1 while the game is running. SSF is more straightforward to configure.

i didn't bother messing w/retroarch on my PC since i've got it on my anbernic and it's kinda idiot-proofed on that thing.

have fun!

I just put the rom in my rom folder in RetroArch and it loaded instantly lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
I spoke too soon, it keeps crashing lol. Whelp, off to the genesis versions lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

works for me in retroarch on the xbox series x with the beetle emulator and second hack posted as suggested earlier in the thread again gently caress retroarch lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

attempting to get the emulator on the Switch to work has not only not worked but now every single one of my emulated games load as the start screen for the game. this is a nightmare

e: the Mickey game I mean, not the correct game, which would be OK

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Sep 2, 2022

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

attempting to get the emulator on the Switch to work has not only not worked but now every single one of my emulated games load as the start screen for the game. this is a nightmare

Lol

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I'm on vacation this week so I brought along a little handheld genesis emulator I picked up ages ago from a garage sale to play on the train and it immediately broke. I'm starting to think this game is cursed.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

yeah i actually haven't tested mednafen or SSF outside of making sure they boot up and accept inputs lol. no idea if they'll actually run the game without crashing, gonna find out later

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

im glad that despite picking a baby game, i was still able to ruin everyones week with my pick

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Works fine for me except jump is bound to RB for some reason and I don't want to mess with it. Why's this mouse so freaking slow.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

welcome posted:

Works fine for me except jump is bound to RB for some reason and I don't want to mess with it. Why's this mouse so freaking slow.

run button mapped to G

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lmao

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Where are you supposed to go

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Joan posted:

Where are you supposed to go

Try the exit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tmfc