Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I got a little over 200sqft of flooring down today in like 6 or 7 hours so this is taking a lot longer than expected

Also as I was finishing up today my dad called to shoot the poo poo and said something in passing that caused my brain to remember I forgot to mark and cutout a floor outlet towards the beginning of where I started laying the floor so that’s probably gone forever :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Oh I also make a solid cabbage soup with ground turkey but it definitely gets a bit gassy and cabbage is divisive.
Give me all the cabbage :poland:

edit, that sounded foreceful.

I will take any cabbage that anyone else doesn't want :poland:

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

CannonFodder posted:

Give me all the cabbage :poland:

edit, that sounded foreceful.

I will take any cabbage that anyone else doesn't want :poland:

Lol hard same here. My paternal relatives are a mess of 1st gen eastern European or Irish Americans and the cabbage is in veins. The Catholicism and/or Orthodoxy, not so much.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'll send you my French onion noodle soup recipe when I'm not phone posting.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Chuds hooting and hollering, red nude and mad online about Joe Brandons speech

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Lol hard same here. My paternal relatives are a mess of 1st gen eastern European or Irish Americans and the cabbage is in veins. The Catholicism and/or Orthodoxy, not so much.

Post the cabbage soup recipe, sounds delicious

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

BlindSite posted:

I'll send you my French onion noodle soup recipe when I'm not phone posting.

Here for soup chat. Please share!

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

WVU-Pitt had a wild last few minutes. If I was that WVU receiver I think I might just quit football.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Timby posted:

Wisconsin Beer Cheese Soup from The Old Fashioned in Madison, Wisconsin:

God drat that'd look amazing if it hasn't been a straight week of 80 degrees.

Also, need to figure out where I can get some Wisconsin cheese around here...

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

seiferguy posted:

Also, need to figure out where I can get some Wisconsin cheese around here...

Where are you located? There are some cheese purveyors who ship nationwide.

Edit: Go nuts.

Timby fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Sep 2, 2022

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Samadhi posted:

Post the cabbage soup recipe, sounds delicious

Alright, my cabbage soup recipe is as follows:

1 medium-large head of green cabbage, chopped
1 onion, diced. I prefer sweet yellow onions but it's good with all of them
2-3 celery stalks, diced (can be omitted if you hate celery)
3-4 carrots, diced
1 28oz can of crushed tomatoes
3-4 cloved of garlic, minced. Sometimes I'll sub thus out for 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
1 lb of ground beef or turkey
4 cups of beef stock or broth depending on your preference. I usually use beef stock.
1 cup of dry red wine (optional)
2 bay leafs
Salt and pepper to taste, other spices as desired. I usually go with 1 tsp of marjoram and sweet paprika, 1/2 teaspon of dried rosemary and thyme and sage, and 1/4 tsp of turmeric.

I usually start with vegetables and work my way down when cooking. It's a pretty simple throw everything in a pot and cook for 30-45 minutes until the cabbage is tender and flavors have absorbed meal.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Fuggin down just needs a big ole chunk of corn beef in the middle

Minus tomato’s and the ground meat

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Dall-E Recipes Prompt: "Instant Pot spicy chicken chili-soup in a mexican style"

Brown 3 or 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs on the High Saute setting, season with salt/pepper/chili powder/smoked paprika/onion powder/cumin/red pepper flakes.
Remove, deglaze the pan with a half cup of 50/50 orange juice/beer. Let the pan cool down since instant pot likes to BURN if you use it too soon after the Saute feature.
Put the thighs back in, dump a large can (15 oz or whatever) of stewed or diced tomatoes over it, I like to use Cento Fire-Roasted whole tomatoes.
Throw in some garlic to taste (powder works fine or dice up some fresh), and maybe a tbsp of dried minced onion. I just sprinkle it in until it looks right.
Throw in a sliced up habanero (spicy) or a couple jalapenos (not as spicy) or one of each or whatever you feel like. You know you can freeze peppers and use them from frozen? It's great for keeping them fresh and even makes them easier to slice thin.
Throw in a rough chopped large red onion.
Throw in a couple large-diced small potatoes (washed, peel them if you want).
Throw in a very rough chop of half a bunch of cilantro.
Sprinkle a pinch of habanero powder (v. spicy) or some cayenne pepper (somewhat spicy) into the mix (or don't, who cares).
Dump a can of white cannellini beans on top of it all (use whatever can(s) of beans you feel like, the white just makes a nice color choice in the finished product).
Pour some more beer (you're holding one, right?) in if it doesn't look wet enough to you, it will become thinner as it cooks and the tomate breaks down.

Cook on the high manual pressure setting for 8 minutes, do a 10 minute natural release and then open it up. Remove the chicken, and shred into the broth if it hasn't fallen apart on its own.

Top with fresh cilantro, thick slice shredded cabbage, and sour cream.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Guze posted:

Chuds hooting and hollering, red nude and mad online about Joe Brandons speech

Shades of 2012 where they gave him the green light to dog walk Paul Ryan.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Hm, never thought of potato in chili.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

a sexual elk posted:

Gotta be better than beans.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Or those weirdos who use rice

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I might try a potato in chili. I’ve had masa in chili and I don’t care for the texture but potato might be nice.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Alright, my cabbage soup recipe is as follows:

I make a cheap Cajun unstuffed cabbage roll soup my wife is in love with -

1 large head of cabbage
Holy Trinity - 2 onions, 1 celery bunch, 2 green peppers, all chopped up nice and fine
4 to 6 cloves of garlic
3 bay leafs
2 pounds of some kind of meat - I mostly use beef but I've used ground vension, ground pork, and chopped up andouille
3 cans of diced tomatoes
2 cans of tomato sauce
8 cups of beef broth
Cajun seasoning til its hot enough for you - I prefer Ball's All-Purpose out of Lake Charles but otherwise Slap Ya Mama
2 cups of rice - I cook it on the side

Sautee the vegetables
Brown the meat (but not sausage)
Add the tomatoes
Add the broth
Add the spice
Get it back to a boil
Add the cabbage
Add the sausage if that's what you're using
Let it go on medium-low until you're ready. Cook the rice about a half hour before you eat if you put it on the side like me.

Put the soup on top of the rice and mix it up. Eat with crackers and/or more spice. Reheats even better the next day.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

a sexual elk posted:

I kind of like sweet potato. I’ve done regular potato sometimes, but not very often.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Why would anyone ever logoff of twitter?

https://twitter.com/janecoaston/status/1565664512568705025?t=iM3yNraCO7tQ-N3qosn_EA&s=19

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

a sexual elk posted:

Or those weirdos who use rice

rice in soup/stew is a war crime

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
*me eating my gumbo over rice*

Huh?

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

https://twitter.com/punished_cait/status/1565498888399765504?t=7HLu9qljmv6_zVjym6WVJA&s=19

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Maintain mental stability would be my very first guess

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Intruder posted:

*me eating my gumbo over rice*

Huh?

over good

in bad

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I. M. Gei posted:

I have another interview tomorrow that I'm hoping goes a lot better. Unless it also doesn't have a base pay.

Trip Report: It also doesn't have a base pay. AND they want me to drive 2 hours to/from Dallas every day and climb on roofs. :whitewater:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I gotta admit, for all the poo poo I've talked about Biden, I quite enjoy his new "Dark Brandon" persona. :allears:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Came here to post this. 2 years of being penetrated to that soundtrack should be enough conditioning PTSD to get her a disability check

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I gotta admit, for all the poo poo I've talked about Biden, I quite enjoy his new "Dark Brandon" persona. :allears:

Its like someone somehow got it into their heads that they will never win these people over, and you can get both votes from the center and the left by outright calling them fascists.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I. M. Gei posted:

Trip Report: It also doesn't have a base pay. AND they want me to drive 2 hours to/from Dallas every day and climb on roofs. :whitewater:

Don’t take that job Mr. Oswald.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I. M. Gei posted:

Yeah that sucks aggressively no way.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Yeah there's no way in hell I'm taking that job

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1565776097274236928

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Speaking of interviews...

kiimo posted:

Wish me luck goons, interview with Disney Monday and with Universal Tuesday.

lol at the date but today I was hired as a Director of International Creative Advertising at Universal (theatrical campaigns, trailers and key art, etc.)

Everyone who gave me positive advice over *checks calendar* the entire summer, thank you and you were right :).

Now I just have to do the job. Two weeks left of Starz and then Vegas and a week off where I will try my best to not die before I start.

:)

kiimo fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Sep 2, 2022

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

kiimo posted:

lol at the date but today I was hired as a Director of International Creative Advertising at Universal (theatrical campaigns, trailers and key art, etc.)

Everyone who gave me positive advice over *checks calendar* the entire summer, thank you and you were right :).

Now I just have to do the job. Two weeks left of Starz and then Vegas and a week off where I will try my best to not die before I start.

anyone who has seen you sell someone on hopeless chiefs players buried in the depth chart for fantasy could certainly appreciate your advertising potential

but seriously, congrats!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

kiimo posted:

drat dude, nicely done.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

kiimo posted:

hell yeah. congrats dude!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

pmchem posted:

anyone who has seen you sell someone on hopeless chiefs players buried in the depth chart for fantasy could certainly appreciate your advertising potential

but seriously, congrats!

That's the fantasy equivalent of butts in seats!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

kiimo posted:

Awesome! Congrats!