Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

SlowBloke posted:

Also lol at epic store captcha asking you to identify images clearly made by a dall-e equivalent.

mine was to id the dall-e adult cats

Kly fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Sep 1, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Select all images containing Shrek kissing yassified George Jetson

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Weird, mine was identify all images with broken bottles ai generated.
So it was rather hard because it was all kinda mushy.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

it also took me a longer than usual to do because the difference between an ai adult cat and an ai kitten isnt huge

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

SlowBloke posted:

Also lol at epic store captcha asking you to identify images clearly made by a dall-e equivalent.

Took me more than a dozen tries to pick out broken bottles/lions with a mane/long-haired domestic cats.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
The ubisoft connect app is so poo poo lol. I claimed AC Origins and thought "ok let's see what kind of DLC this thing has" so I selected the "my games" link in the app and selected AC Origins, and looked for a way to view the avaliable DLC. There was none. But there was a link that said "Store" so I thought "I guess it makes sense that the DLC would be there" and opened that link, and it was completely blank. As far as I can tell I'd have to go to the web store to look at the DLC. I thought they'd design the app to be constantly pushing the DLC in your face to try and get you to buy it instead of trying to pretend it doesn't exist!!!

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Usually the AC games do that themselves in the in-game menus.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
You have to select the store tab on the top of the app, click the DLC menu, hover over the assassins creed series, and then click Origins. You can not get it from the games menu, because that just lists whatever helix credits are.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
One more GOG giveaway: The procgen first-person roguelike hick-em-up Immortal Redneck.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

The Kins posted:

One more GOG giveaway: The procgen first-person roguelike hick-em-up Immortal Redneck.

Egyptian
roguelike hickemup.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Game of the Year Edition
FULL GAME FOR PC ON GOG.COM

NUCM89C54E8680E581

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Kly posted:

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Game of the Year Edition
FULL GAME FOR PC ON GOG.COM

NUCM89C54E8680E581

Is this a code or coupon you enter? I have gog on my PC (on phone now), but it’s saying $4.99 to me and, well, it’s the “free games” thread…
:argh:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
it was already taken when i tried it a few minutes ago

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Conan free for the next 5 days

https://store.steampowered.com/app/440900/Conan_Exiles/

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

note: not free to keep

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

DerekSmartymans posted:

Is this a code or coupon you enter? I have gog on my PC (on phone now), but it’s saying $4.99 to me and, well, it’s the “free games” thread…
:argh:

no idea man it came from my prime gaming it gave that code when i clicked claim i dont use gog so i dont know how it works

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Kly posted:

no idea man it came from my prime gaming it gave that code when i clicked claim i dont use gog so i dont know how it works

Gotcha…I have Prime Gaming, too, I just hadn’t checked the new stuff yet…it’s been on my “must eventually try” list for a while, so I’m happy to hear that!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Yooka-Laylee XMHHY-WGZ27-C4ZHK

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Thanks

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Quill posted:

Thankfully, they did.

I managed to get through it before the patch and it was a massive ball ache. Talk about rubber banding!

Same.

On the other hand, winning that race and beating Marquis de la Montalban on Swashbuckler difficulty was one of the top ten gaming moments of young me.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I genuinely want to play the free Epic game this week. The other free one is some DLC for a lovely MP-only game that will be dead by January, but a wine-making simulator actually sounds fun and novel.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
It looks colorful and fun.

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

JustJeff88 posted:

I genuinely want to play the free Epic game this week. The other free one is some DLC for a lovely MP-only game that will be dead by January, but a wine-making simulator actually sounds fun and novel.

There is also free DLC for the game too. Not sure if it’s normally free, or indeed that I will ever play it, but it’s there.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Weavered posted:

There is also free DLC for the game too. Not sure if it’s normally free, or indeed that I will ever play it, but it’s there.
The Grape Lab DLC is normally free, yes.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Weavered posted:

Oh drat, that was easy to miss. Wonder why it's not included in the main download.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

JustJeff88 posted:

And it's the first Mac game for like 2 years now!

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

JustJeff88 posted:

lol im a little surprised that epic games is advertising a direct competitor to fortnite; they must be 0% concerned that this game has any longevity

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Realm Royale has been around for a while now and somehow not died, I still fully expect Rumbleverse to go down before it (if only because Iron Galaxy doesn't have several loads of staff and funding from the state of Georgia)

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

kirbysuperstar posted:

Realm Royale has been around for a while now and somehow not died, I still fully expect Rumbleverse to go down before it (if only because Iron Galaxy doesn't have several loads of staff and funding from the state of Georgia)

i think this game actually died and is back now (its being advertised as realm royale reforged)

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

got some chores tonight posted:

i think this game actually died and is back now (its being advertised as realm royale reforged)

Oh now that I look proper you're right, they seem to have changed a lot of the..changes I remember people hating from when it first came out

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I played it a bit when it was the only battle royale on switch.

It was not great

Then Fortnite came out for switch and, welp.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Is there a game that Hi-Rez Studios has made that was anything more than flavor of the month? It feels like they make multiplayer games designed to fade away.

Smite has staying power, but it never was the king of the MOBA ring.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Smite and Paladins have always been low-key popular and never in danger of like, dying or anything. I like Rogue Company but it's dead as gently caress in Australia and much more ping sensitive than Paladins and mostly flourishes on consoles where CSGO and Valorant don't exist but every now and then I pop in for a botmatch.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

On the other hand, HiRez has a history of shutting down games that still have healthy player counts for reasons unknown; see also Global Agenda and Tribes: Ascend.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

kirbysuperstar posted:

Smite and Paladins have always been low-key popular and never in danger of like, dying or anything. I like Rogue Company but it's dead as gently caress in Australia and much more ping sensitive than Paladins and mostly flourishes on consoles where CSGO and Valorant don't exist but every now and then I pop in for a botmatch.

I think Paladins was in danger of dying for a bit, when they tried to force p2w elements (they copied stuff from star wars:battlefront AFTER the big drama about it lmao), but they changed that stuff and recovered. besides that incident, Paladins and Smite are those games that are just silently chugging along in the background, having a decently sized playerbase.

that said I think Hirez has made like half a dozen stupid smite spin offs, card games, autobattlers and who knows what else that all crashed and burned.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

Mierenneuker posted:

Is there a game that Hi-Rez Studios has made that was anything more than flavor of the month? It feels like they make multiplayer games designed to fade away.

Smite has staying power, but it never was the king of the MOBA ring.

Lol Hi-Rez.
Global Agenda could have been good, but:
https://youtu.be/QyQCQGnPqN4

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I don't play multi-player games so that's all irrelevant to me

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Tribes... :sigh:

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Mierenneuker posted:

Tribes: Ascend was really good but in a specific subgenre that peaked in the early 2000s and has been on life support for more than a decade.

I wouldn't call it flavor of the month, and its community was small, passionate, and old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
It also had many ups and downs as they hosed around with the formula a lot of old Tribes fans loved.

Speaking of...

Mordja posted:

Tribes... :sigh:

I think you mean

Tribes

Tribes

Tribes

Tribes Tribes Tribes