Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

EightFlyingCars posted:

#splagoon is right there guys

gently caress that's so much better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sekhmet
Nov 16, 2001

PageMaster posted:

Thanks! Am I dense or is there no way to change sensitivity in the middle of a match?

You are correct. You can’t change it in the middle of a match.

anyway +5 +5 for life

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Relyssa posted:

gently caress that's so much better

Another vote for #splagoon.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

How’d it take us 3 games to get that one?:lol:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

#Splagoon(s) or #Splatgoon(s)

I’d be extremely down.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

gwoony

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

+3 yeah.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My pre-order for the digital version went through on Nintendo eShop. I am ready now to play this. Next weekend cant come soon enough. I really wish it was out today though because its a 3 day weekend here in the states.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I said come in! posted:

My pre-order for the digital version went through on Nintendo eShop. I am ready now to play this. Next weekend cant come soon enough. I really wish it was out today though because its a 3 day weekend here in the states.

Same. It also started to preload on mine.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/SplatoonNA/status/1565685990064283653

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The download is ready

My body is ready and full of ink

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'm sorry but that just sounds gross.

Yeah but accurate

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

do we know what time the game unlocks? last time i waited for a nintendo release, it was at 3AM eastern so im wondering if thats the same case here cause that would suck

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Splagoon sounds like a vulgar soundeffect

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Twibbit posted:

there's been a recent resurgence of 'goon' having connotations of being obsessed with jerking off so there's that lol have fun with that

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

SplutGoons you can take to Sunday School

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

ShiverFanClub

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

do we know what time the game unlocks? last time i waited for a nintendo release, it was at 3AM eastern so im wondering if thats the same case here cause that would suck

I feel like Nintendo games are always 12 eastern/9 pacific, what game were you waiting for that wasn’t?

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

Relyssa posted:

ShiverFanClub

That'll just be for splatfests, along with FryeFest and BigMen

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

DC Murderverse posted:

I feel like Nintendo games are always 12 eastern/9 pacific, what game were you waiting for that wasn’t?

That’s about right. Major releases usually unlock then.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

unpronounceable posted:

That'll just be for splatfests, along with FryeFest and BigMen

FryeFest is really good, goddamn

e: ShiverMeTimbers

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Futaba Anzu posted:

there's been a recent resurgence of 'goon' having connotations of being obsessed with jerking off so there's that lol have fun with that

Oh is THAT what that is?

The more I knoooooow

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

TentacAwful

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

DC Murderverse posted:

it was Monster Hunter Rise, which i now realize was not a nintendo game. really hoping for a midnight release here

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
I bought it on the Japan eShop and I hope that means I get to play it even earlier. Also 9/9 is the start of a three-day weekend here so hells yeah ready2splat.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Some people are saying Splatoon 3 has leaked and is being spoiled on twitter, but truth be told I only saw the posts warning about the leak. No game sites I know of have mentioned it either. So maybe just a rumor? but figured I would give the heads up anyways.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

POCKET CHOMP posted:

I bought it on the Japan eShop and I hope that means I get to play it even earlier. Also 9/9 is the start of a three-day weekend here so hells yeah ready2splat.

Japanese splatfest started after the NA one so I think you got screwed lol

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
i think it was just time zone considerations. actually worked a lot better for me since i live in asia. 8am-8pm rather than midnight to noon. the release date is still 9/9 globally.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I'm just hoping ranked is only towers mode on Sunday to honour 9/11

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Twibbit posted:

Some people are saying Splatoon 3 has leaked and is being spoiled on twitter, but truth be told I only saw the posts warning about the leak. No game sites I know of have mentioned it either. So maybe just a rumor? but figured I would give the heads up anyways.

Definitely saw "Final Boss + Ending" for Splatoon 2 a week before it came out, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Twibbit posted:

Splatfest is already a bit of one.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Twibbit posted:

leaks p much confirmed real unless someone got really really good at emulating tons of screenshots of the live game

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
There are cartridges out in the wild now, so any screenshots you see of Splatoon 3 is likely to be the real thing, yes.

EDIT: And apparently someone is now going around leaking the game.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Sep 3, 2022

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

And this is why Nintendo is looking to put securom drm on console games now...

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Twibbit posted:

Oh. You thought that was a squid? Well, I'm about to blow your mind. It's also, a kid.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Twibbit posted:

And this is why Nintendo is looking to put securom drm on console games now...

even if they were it wouldn't do anything about people breaking street date with physical media

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Nintendo forcing physical copies to key into a server to unlock would be a special kind of stupid to try and stop this. So look forward to it being apart of the switch 2

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ChaseSP posted:

Nintendo forcing physical copies to key into a server to unlock would be a special kind of stupid to try and stop this. So look forward to it being apart of the switch 2

Do PS/Xbox games do anything like this? What happens if you put a disc in for an unreleased game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

SeANMcBAY posted:

Do PS/Xbox games do anything like this? What happens if you put a disc in for an unreleased game?

Usually it works fine. And in the ps3 era some games did phone home and have DRM, mostly capcom.