Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

My eggplant has a hat. Considered saving for the 24K bike, but cowries will keep coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Jabbering Idiot posted:

Nice! This sounds sick and fun as hell. Do games often swing like this? What rank range was this? I heard a lot of folks having a rough time getting stuck in gold with the new ranking system so far, but I dunno if it's just because they're simply used to the old system and maybe everyone's expectations of their performance is higher than it maybe should be right now, as harsh as that sounds.

I got Crystal in Season 1 mostly playing Red Mage. I've just hit Gold this season (and the game in the post you quoted happened in Gold) and it feels pretty similar - hot streaks, cold streaks. It definitely feels like a lot of the people playing around Bronze and Silver are genuine Bronze and Silver players. I was stuck on a mean losing streak on NIN and AST, and it felt like no matter how well I did I was powerless to help a bad team, so I switched to Warrior and have been having success with it. I don't do very much single target damage, but Primal Rend and Blota get people out of position or popping Purify and Guard early which is what really matters.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

You know what? I'm coming around on Island Sanctuary and starting to like it: it's relaxing, absolutely 0 demand and you can go at your own pace as long as you gather stuff to craft, can set your own schedule and it's flexible, and it's absolutely cute having the animals and minions hanging around.

I do hope they keep updating it even if it's minor stuff/new things to buy. Also morbols pls

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
omg how can Giott be so cool

Did all 4 Warrior of Dorkness side quest chains. :3:

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Doomykins posted:

I really enjoyed those a lot

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

You know what? I'm coming around on Island Sanctuary and starting to like it: it's relaxing, absolutely 0 demand and you can go at your own pace as long as you gather stuff to craft, can set your own schedule and it's flexible, and it's absolutely cute having the animals and minions hanging around.

I do hope they keep updating it even if it's minor stuff/new things to buy. Also morbols pls

Yeah this clearly was something you're meant to do on Island Time.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

You know what? I'm coming around on Island Sanctuary and starting to like it: it's relaxing, absolutely 0 demand

What do you mean there's increasing demand on lots of stuff!

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Macaluso posted:

What do you mean there's increasing demand on lots of stuff!

Weird, my mammets are telling me demand is at an all time low and we can't make any profits.

Granted, they seem to be focused on making hawaiian shirts right now.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

P7S spoilers:

https://twitter.com/najacentura/status/1565513271830261760?s=21&t=3AAY6dUsYcKzVkFo3GZNog

:stonk:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

...why do I think that's going to become the pubbie strat on my server?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Crackerjack posted:

I watched a couple streamers do Orbonne Monastery earlier and it made me think... "Huh, I wonder what the High Seraph looked like back in FF Tactics," and then "Huh, I should try to glam that."

Captured the spirit, I think!

cosplay glams are always fun

here's a gilgamesh I did for a minion-themed party

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Machinist PF prog going well.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

CJ posted:

Machinist PF prog going well.

Please tell me they have to manually add ARC separately from BRD.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Doomykins posted:

Those are some of my favorite. Lots of good stuff.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oxyclean posted:

Please tell me they have to manually add ARC separately from BRD.

No, but they do have to manually remove MCH

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Jabbering Idiot posted:

I've seen this mentality among PUG raiders frequently on NA XIV. I find it unfortunate and exclusionary for a few reasons, at least as it compares to using macros.

People that don't know what the strategy is by its name forces them to google it, something that some players are immediately at a disadvantage to do.

Supposing they ask the party lead, they may be disallowed from joining, get kicked, told to just google it, or discover that no one can explain the mechanic and they only know the strategy name. If you're relying on everyone simply copying what they see in a video, and it doesn't go right, macros and players listing their positions in chat can help point out mistakes. They can even easily be re-played mid combat as a raid shot-caller which might help players learning an encounter.

Parties that aren't farm parties should expect wipes to happen, and being able to communicate about the mechanic will help. "Playstation" might be easy to decipher, but "Gigabrain," "Dwayne" or "Xeno" doesn't help you communicate about the mechanic at all, either you know the strategy by the name or not. If you don't know a strategy, a macro explains it way more concisely and you can adapt to a different macro if you actually understand the mechanic and not just a single approach to it. I mean, I was able to do this poo poo in Japanese. No, I don't speak or read Japanese.

Non-cooperative players are hardly removed removed at the 'marker dance' until after wipes, because people just assume that they were aware of where they'd stand by process of elimination, or players just entirely forget where they planned on standing, or they get bored and pull.

Some players don't want to look up a guide of the fight before trying the fight. They're playing the game to play the game.

It's fine to make your PF exclusionary, and that's often what people are trying to do, but I don't think it's a good thing to do in general, especially if you like challenging content. In the long run, the harder you make it for most players to participate, the fewer players you'll have to play with. I think our community's norms for PF and group strategy have some impact on the relative amounts of difficult content clears when compared with other communities. Notably, JP ones are much higher, and that probably stems from a few factors, but I don't see why this this little wall created by players isn't one of them, and why people that care shouldn't try to knock it down.

It will probably improve most player's quality of life, too! In general, anything you can do to make stuff quicker and easier is normally embraced by the community as "optimization," so it's kind of a glaring omission for the NA players to not also adopt macros! You can still keep your silly names for them, just put it in the macro!

To be clear, I've got nothing against macros. I like them just fine. My point is that macros are not actually a completely superior option, that is all. Some things you achieve by talking things out instead of just claiming roles.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013

Beautiful. And disgusting. It can be both.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Arist posted:

No, but they do have to manually remove MCH

Yeah, I figured the intent was to exclude MCH, it'd just be funnier if they were like "...but we would take an ARC"

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Oxyclean posted:

Yeah, I figured the intent was to exclude MCH, it'd just be funnier if they were like "...but we would take an ARC"

Kinda want to be an ARC in that party, as a troll.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Actually how far can you take the base classes in the MSQ before it becomes absolutely unfeasible?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Electric Phantasm posted:

Actually how far can you take the base classes in the MSQ before it becomes absolutely unfeasible?

Lv 31.

More seriously I’d say at Lv 50.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Electric Phantasm posted:

Classes stop getting new abilities at 50, everything after that is job exclusive so you're massively hampered from then on.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

hopeandjoy posted:

Lv 31.

More seriously I’d say at Lv 50.

Not gonna lie I actually made it to level 40 before putting on my job stone cause I didn't realize it's an upgrade and not an entirely different class that would kick me back to level 1. :blush:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

People did full 24p no-Job Stones runs of Nier raids back when they were current in ShB.

You can absolutely go Jobless in msq, you'll just be much slower and a huge pain in the rear end to everybody else if you actually queue for content.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Oh yeah I wouldn't ever subject anyone else to that bullshit unless they actually want to be part of it.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Keep your no-job-stone shenanigans out of duty finder please. We're trying to do content over here. Do whatever you want on your own, or with a party of consenting individuals!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

"why do I have these buttons next to each other?"

Shot myself right into the deathwall last night on our first P5S pull. "Wait, does Bruceski not have enough hp to survive the initial AoE?" "Nope, I was just trying to help."

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Bruceski posted:

"why do I have these buttons next to each other?"

Shot myself right into the deathwall last night on our first P5S pull. "Wait, does Bruceski not have enough hp to survive the initial AoE?" "Nope, I was just trying to help."

i have bio keybound to 2 and "eat fairy for aetherflow" keybound to 1, it owns when i eat fairy when hes supposed to be casting some fairy nonsense

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

blatman posted:

i have bio keybound to 2 and "eat fairy for aetherflow" keybound to 1, it owns when i eat fairy when hes supposed to be casting some fairy nonsense

Could be worse, I used to have tank LB right next to charge.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Okay, starting to think this second one time grind for the resistance relics is just as bad as the worst bits of the ARR ones.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Ooh, the Warriors of Darkness side quests and the extra fifth quest was good stuff! Really liked all of them, and great to see the characters elevated after their first appearance.

I just want you to know you're the perfect compliment to Hildibrand and I love your screenshots in general. :kimchi:

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
Hildebrand just gets better and better. The Endwalker stuff so far is, frankly, inspired.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Having trouble determining if Pack Wolf Boots or Eaglebeak Boots are obtainable. Were these PvP rewards from once upon a time, and can I get them now somehow?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

SuperKlaus posted:

Having trouble determining if Pack Wolf Boots or Eaglebeak Boots are obtainable. Were these PvP rewards from once upon a time, and can I get them now somehow?

Those are both from old Feast reward sets, and are currently unobtainable.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Figures. Nothing else looks as good IMO for a plan I have. Unobtainable old fashion rewards are the worst.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
https://twitter.com/chamoluya/status/1565892464283488257

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

ngl kinda creeped out by someone modding a lalafell into a garleanfell

edit: my bad it's a dunesfolk thing??

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

In-lore they're supposed to be distinguishable but there's no cosmetic differences in-game so I guess just you just have to imagine that there's a fine etching or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Gnossiennes posted:

ngl kinda creeped out by someone modding a lalafell into a garleanfell

edit: my bad it's a dunesfolk thing??

smh how very lala racist of you