Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Zeruel posted:

smh how very lala racist of you

my badddd, i've never done lalafell character creation, i honestly had no idea that was a thing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Though people playing miniature versions of NPCs as lala do use the forehead piece as a garlean eye stand in. But that is just using the tools at their disposal.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I forgot there was actually lore text related to the Dunesfolk's forehead decoration. Is there any lore text for the Bindi that Miqo'te can wear? IIRC Both Suncats and Mooncats have different versions.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

This is all I could find regarding Miqo'te and face decorations.

Edit: when did my icon change???

YggiDee fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Sep 3, 2022

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

YggiDee posted:

This is all I could find regarding Miqo'te and face decorations.

People still argue whether this refers to the "Whisker marks" many Miqo faces have or something else. No one can decide if those marks are a natural skin feature, tattoos, or painted on.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

Doomykins posted:

Ooh, the Warriors of Darkness side quests and the extra fifth quest was good stuff! Really liked all of them, and great to see the characters elevated after their first appearance.
There's more follow-ups if you have done the warring triad

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

I have laliho bound next to my shirk macro which has led to some confusion in the party chat

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Lali-ho, lali-ho, it's dumping aggro I go!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

You obtain a copy of the Abyssos Mythos III.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

You lali-ho so charmingly that the boss isn't angry at you anymore and is instead furious at the other fucker who doesn't know good dwarven etiquette

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Here's the thing: I don't have my crafters levelled, I haven't even gotten GSM to 90 and it's the one crafting job I do have leveled. Not to mention to craft current gear you need to get involved into crafting endgame and that is both a can of worms I'm not touching when I barely have the time to do normal endgame and I don't have the money needed anyways.

go to one of the starter cities and shout "i think omnicrafters are very smart and handsome" and i'm sure at least one of them will offer to make a full set for you. more seriously, if you got friends who've been long-time players or are part of a goon fc you can probably find someone who's a kitted out omni-crafter willing to make a current-tier set for you for a pittance or even for free

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

while people often call ff14 a single player jrpg moonlighting as an mmo, it's actually possible to use the social aspects and your shining personality to your advantage

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

a cartoon duck posted:

while people often call ff14 a single player jrpg moonlighting as an mmo, it's actually possible to use the social aspects and your shining personality to your advantage

If this were really the case I wouldnt have to wait for more populated hours for hard fights

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

a cartoon duck posted:

Where does a shining personality drop, I really need that.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
uWu

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Where does a shining personality drop, I really need that.

It's a 1:4096 chance, unfortunately

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Got P6S down after a couple days break. P7S feels like there's no mechanics for the first 7 minutes until Purgation? Is it extremely backloaded or just a comparatively easy fight?

Also i spent the full lockout not realising i had a broken weapon so that would explain why i was dropping lower than everyone else.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Got my shorts :toot:

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Boo to them ditching the archfiend armor. I only have myself to blame but I got burned out on the game and quit 2 ranks from the armor coffer. I could have sworn they'd said it would be around for another patch one way or another, but I can't find it. I just found a post on reddit saying it was a mistranslation and its gone and will be back "someday".

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Yeah I thought for sure they'd move the old poo poo to vendors for a massive price but I guess they're actually planning to reuse it as a series reward in the future or something. The /spirit and /determined emotes are too good for them to just be gone forever like that.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
got a bug during one of the island cutscenes where i could see my nameplate. weird.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
when does "predicted demand" kick in for isleworks stuff? is it tomorrow? next season/week?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I think it's for the next day. The lalachievements tool seems to have it parsed at this point though it's apparently semirandom anyway. I've been using it this week to plan and should end around 14k, feels not too bad for just blindly following what it says and having no idea what's going on

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I forget: does renovating your workshops/granaries actually do anything aside from change their look?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

You can see in the tool that improving the workshop level increases the earnings. Improving the granaries increases the amount of prizes

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Regalingualius posted:

I forget: does renovating your workshops/granaries actually do anything aside from change their look?

That delicious island exp as well!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I don't know what this is (beyond E7S, which I have not gotten to yet) and it scares me

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Countblanc posted:

when does "predicted demand" kick in for isleworks stuff? is it tomorrow? next season/week?

It's next week's popularity and does absolutely nothing for the current week

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Why does the Skyworkers Singlet have to have that ugly rear end tattoo on it :negative: It's the only proper tank top in the game that goes all the way to the shorts, and it goes amazingly with the new cut off shorts. But I can not have that godawful tattoo on my catgirl. YoshiP please give me an option to toggle it or a version that's just the top.

There's another tank top in the game that has a sweater wrapped around the waist and that one looks good too and I would go for it but it has this awful giant bag that hangs off the side and clips really badly.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Arist posted:

I don't know what this is (beyond E7S, which I have not gotten to yet) and it scares me

you will perish like a dog

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Macaluso posted:

Why does the Skyworkers Singlet have to have that ugly rear end tattoo on it :negative: It's the only proper tank top in the game that goes all the way to the shorts, and it goes amazingly with the new cut off shorts. But I can not have that godawful tattoo on my catgirl. YoshiP please give me an option to toggle it or a version that's just the top.

There's another tank top in the game that has a sweater wrapped around the waist and that one looks good too and I would go for it but it has this awful giant bag that hangs off the side and clips really badly.

Yeah these are pretty frustrating.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Dear YoshiP, please add actual armor for Samurai.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

https://twitter.com/Wynntastic_/status/1455222854367072260?t=XpsB9Dzejiqh88iw4dyMlQ&s=19

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

No Mods No Masters posted:

I think it's for the next day. The lalachievements tool seems to have it parsed at this point though it's apparently semirandom anyway. I've been using it this week to plan and should end around 14k, feels not too bad for just blindly following what it says and having no idea what's going on

Using the guide, it looks like it should be relatively simple to get the 17k cowries achievement. The main limiting factor for me this week was not having enough rare granary and crop mats saved up so I had to make several sub optimal items instead of the best choices.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Regalingualius posted:

Workshops increase how much crafted items sell for (0/10/20%), Granaries increase the number of rare mats per day (2/3/4), landmarks increase maximum groove (15 base, 5 per, max 35) and the number of common mats granary expeditions come back with (donno formula)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The story behind that image is that thevvery first images for that mech were just dogshit quality and then about a billion people took it on themselves to improve it

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Shitpost FFXIV diagrams have a storied history (they haven't updated in a while, bummer)

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

bagrada posted:

Boo to them ditching the archfiend armor. I only have myself to blame but I got burned out on the game and quit 2 ranks from the armor coffer. I could have sworn they'd said it would be around for another patch one way or another, but I can't find it. I just found a post on reddit saying it was a mistranslation and its gone and will be back "someday".

I think it'll show up for Trophy Crystals later, or so they said. Just not right away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Countblanc posted:

got a bug during one of the island cutscenes where i could see my nameplate. weird.

some more ff11 code snuck in