Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Riot Bimbo preparing to unleash the orbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i feel like this thread rly gets me *sheds astral tear*

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6DJmp21vcQ

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Coke era Bowie had the best vocals

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I just realized I've been having a recurring dream of some sort of global cataclysm that requires everyone to hide in giant bunkers

Anyone else getting those? End times approaching man, psychic energy is all screwy

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Lib and let die posted:

Fuckin, Chex Quest

You know it's a 1:1 Doom clone? Basically a skinned version of the game

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
https://twitter.com/tainkirrahe/status/1565376431709880322

You know, a regressed person (possibly persons) in Dolores Cannon's works mentioned that tinnitus is due to ET body-meddling ("adjustments") and can be resolved by imagining a dial turning in your head and tuning in to the tinnitus tone. Imagining adjusting a knob trying to find a sweet spot to "match" the tone to the "dial" setting. I've used that technique after reading about it cause, why not?, and wouldn't you know it it works extremely well.

My tinnitus, as it is, is fairly mild and infrequent though. YMMV. I know the medical explanation for tinnitus, no need to mention it.

Perry Mason Jar has issued a correction as of 14:26 on Sep 3, 2022

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

that's andromeda

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

holy poo poo that seems to actually work

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
I'm so sorry you have such persistent tinnitus you were able to test it right away. I'm glad that technique brought you some relief! I'm gonna share it widely

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

The back of the head tap works well for me, the dial not so much.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Thank you, your report has been added to the spreadsheet.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I just realized I've been having a recurring dream of some sort of global cataclysm that requires everyone to hide in giant bunkers

Anyone else getting those? End times approaching man, psychic energy is all screwy

:hai:

I have been told in unambiguous terms that a "cataclysm" is coming.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
[Banging on table] 5% 5%

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I had an startlingly crisp cataclysmic dream at the beginning of the year and it's still pretty much the most recent dream I clearly remember:

goochtit posted:

I had a dream last night where out of the window I saw a mushroom cloud rising into a clear blue sky, towering way over everything and my first thought was "maybe the aliens will come" followed by "this must come to pass" in response which I took as my cue to scramble

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Glad to know universal nuclear hellfire is still on the table.

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Perry Mason Jar posted:

You know, a regressed person (possibly persons) in Dolores Cannon's works mentioned that tinnitus is due to ET body-meddling ("adjustments") and can be resolved by imagining a dial turning in your head and tuning in to the tinnitus tone. Imagining adjusting a knob trying to find a sweet spot to "match" the tone to the "dial" setting. I've used that technique after reading about it cause, why not?, and wouldn't you know it it works extremely well.

My tinnitus, as it is, is fairly mild and infrequent though. YMMV. I know the medical explanation for tinnitus, no need to mention it.

Lmao this worked instantly and cut it down by like 95% holy poo poo

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Coincidence that many of us birdwatchers are blessed with constant ET communication signals in our brains? I think not

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Perry Mason Jar posted:

:catstare: holy poo poo

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Bless you UAP thread I had forgotten what silence sounds like

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I tried it and it didn't work. It does sound like a similar frequency tho, maybe I didn't do it long enough

Isn't tinnitus caused by the constant noise pollution or is that only some cases?

Also I heard two other things about how we have designed our societies lovely

First is the majority of cases involving having to get your wisdom teeth out or braces is caused by not eating enough crunchy types of food that take a good amount of chomping during childhood, supposedly without the right amount of force on the jaws it won't space out correctly

Second is most cases of near sightedness are likewise not genetically caused but we have our cities and general culture set up so that kids don't or physically can't spend enough time watching the horizon & the eyeballs adapt to too close a focus point

Idk but it seems plausible because all these traits super suck poo poo and I would doubt they have been super historically common. Right?

Maybe it's alien nano chip transmission, maybe it's cause we're just stupid as gently caress orb ducks societally.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Mine is caused by hearing loss, an alien implant, and Radar using my brain as an antenna. well, one of those at least.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Mine is also caused by aliens

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
mine is from standing right next to the speakers at a ton of concerts bc I like when my bones vibrate

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Pretty confident it's usually aliens doing this

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

mine is from standing right next to the speakers at a ton of concerts bc I like when my bones vibrate

what kind of music do zeta reticulans make?

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

My tinnitus is background noise at this point.

Next question, who here also has a bounding pulse? Or something similar? My whole life I've been able to see my heartbeat through my chest/stomach. It never ever stops. Not sure if it's technically a bounding pulse, but it's difficult to WebMD that poo poo/see a real doctor as an American.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
That's normal. I can see it in my chest, wrist, and ankle. Congrats on your low body fat percentage!

My blood pressure has been lower than usual on most recent takes. Still within normal bounds. If your BP isn't high and your HR isn't high you're fine even if you have an irregular heartbeat.

Can anyone control their HR mentally? I encourage everyone to try, I picked it up from my dad after a funny prank he pulled where I nearly called 911. If you end up hooked up to a monitor you can watch it in real time and upset your attending medical staff

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Perry Mason Jar posted:

it reduced it for me but for a short time and its back. Thanks for trying reddit

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

ive got it bad
and it didnt do poo poo
oh well

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Perry Mason Jar posted:

That's normal. I can see it in my chest, wrist, and ankle. Congrats on your low body fat percentage!

My blood pressure has been lower than usual on most recent takes. Still within normal bounds. If your BP isn't high and your HR isn't high you're fine even if you have an irregular heartbeat.

Can anyone control their HR mentally? I encourage everyone to try, I picked it up from my dad after a funny prank he pulled where I nearly called 911. If you end up hooked up to a monitor you can watch it in real time and upset your attending medical staff

[UFOs] I am not "low fat"

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
everyone has hosed up ears just like everyone is full of toxic nanodust. it's fun being alive in the world. "just according to keikaku" - G'nap the Ravener

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

lol

whenever I'm listening or reading to something about early modern warfare im like drat, all those dudes musta had super hosed up ears

or like that bigass cannon the turks leveled Byzantium with. probably gave the entire Ottoman army there tinnitus.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

dreamt i was an AI fighting a nasty war in space but i lost the battle and my punishment was being forcibly incarnated as a human and placed in reality, because the AI that won didn't believe in destroying minds but absolutely believed in sidelining them in the worst way possible

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

why does everyone in this thread have tinnitus lol

Is it from the Havana cannon

I occasionally get a slight ringing in my ears too, but within a few seconds it ends. Maybe it's not tinnitus, or maybe the nano chip is working, thank u radar

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

my bony fealty posted:

what kind of music do zeta reticulans make?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAwyWkksXuo

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

I had tinnitus from working on an active airport ramp with $15 Walmart earpro. It went away after an NDE. NDE’s also got rid of my allergies and frequent indigestion a decade prior to this.

Almost dying is pretty neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Perry Mason Jar posted:

it helps and is also very meditative

i'm just going to walk around society with my palms on my ears tapping the soft part of the back of my head at all times now