Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

The VCO mod for IE is out. It’s titled Early Access I assume because it currently only has campaigns/rewards for Cathay - but they’re pretty spiffy rewards if you happen to be starting a new Cathay campaign.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2858059010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
TK Ally recruitment kind of works, but I was also Khalida at the time so it let me sneak in an extra scorpion or skelly a turn from Settra as long as I was providing the cap.

Third World Reagan posted:

Outposts can recruit from two sources. Local and global. T1 is local, T2 is global, T3 is global at reduced costs.

Locally, they will have unit recruitment but that is way later into the game compared to black arks.

Global for them doesn't exist, so nothing can be recruit from that.

Black arks are neither, and their main source of troops. So these don't apply to either pool.

You have to find a good local province to build your outpost in.

???

I always find that I can Ally Recruit from anywhere in my own or the ally's territory. Do Delves disable this? These are also T1 outposts because I am incredibly strict with my Mil Alliances. Like in my Tretch game I could grab stuff from Kholek in any of my friendly provinces because lol, lmao at going into the Chaos Wastes when I made friendly with him for that northern buffer state in the first place.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

What happens when the faction has no global pool? It means you can only recruit from the local pool of where the outpost is. Dark elves have no global pool. Black arks do not count for either.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
In my single player game, I've learned that Katerina and two frost maidens are quite a bit like a gun line; once enemy units stop moving the damage of several sorceresses spamming spells is spectacular.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Third World Reagan posted:

What happens when the faction has no global pool? It means you can only recruit from the local pool of where the outpost is. Dark elves have no global pool. Black arks do not count for either.

Oh I'm an idiot and misread that, their local pool based on the outpost and what province you put it in. I thought you were saying Delves were so busted you had to walk to their province to recruit their stuff. My bad.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
The allied unit system is really cool but it kind of sucks rear end in coop. Since you can't do war coordination missions for your coop partner(s) but allied units still cost influence, you're stuck waiting on the piddly dick 2 influence per turn income or whatever which basically renders the system unusable because it'll take 30 turns to afford 4 tier 1 spearmanii.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
I think there's also a bug with outposts where you can't recruit DLC units?

I have an outpost in one of Alarielle's cities and I can see the recruitment buildings for Sisters of Avelorn or Warlions are there, but they don't show up in the allied recruitment pool. Same with Empire and for example Free Company Militia.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
PSA in case anyone else was as dumb as me: the "-75% cost to activate Chaos Gifts" effect, from the Eye of the Gods, modifies not only the actual cost to activate a gift, but also the "invested souls" requirement to activate the gift. E.g., the highest-end gifts require 6250 spent souls rather than 25000

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

99pct of germs posted:

Moving an infantry heavy army on ultra unit scale, divided across multiple entrances into the settlement, still results in units getting caught up on obstacles. Especially on Skaven, Greenskin and Ogre settlement maps.

Barricades will break unit formations, and the enemy AI will oscillate back and forth over them meaning that units will drop attack orders. Also when enemy units break inside the settlement they will also split up their formation, again breaking my units pathing.

Seriously do all of you just auto resolve these fights or just spam artillery? Settlement maps suck.

More models will cause bigger jams, yes.

Yarrington
Jun 13, 2002

While I will admit to a certain cynicism, I am a nay-sayer and hatchet man in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I'll gladly take another.

peer posted:

PSA in case anyone else was as dumb as me: the "-75% cost to activate Chaos Gifts" effect, from the Eye of the Gods, modifies not only the actual cost to activate a gift, but also the "invested souls" requirement to activate the gift. E.g., the highest-end gifts require 6250 spent souls rather than 25000

What the hell that is incredibly non intuitive

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Fat Samurai posted:

Ultra is the default unit scale now. I don't think this guy is in the wrong for using it and expecting it to work with settlement battles. Do you?

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Fat Samurai posted:

The game is defaulted and balanced on ultra units so lol

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't think it defaults to ultra, it's just what a lot of people play on. Or it may be dependent on graphics settings.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

I don't think it defaults to ultra, it's just what a lot of people play on. Or it may be dependent on graphics settings.

It's the default in that magic is balanced around ultra unit size and that's what the game defaults to in multiplayer. in 1 and 2, large was the default for those.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

OwlFancier posted:

Ultra is explicitly what they have said they have balanced the game around in TWW3. It was an intentional change from 2.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
CA have stated that Ultra is the new balance standard for 3.

Edit: lol beaten

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Goonmeet pic

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

Tyrion only goes crazy after A) his daughter gets killed, B) Malekith is declared Pheonix/Eternity King and reveals it's all been a 5000 year sham and Asuryan has been conning all the Elves this entire time, and C) Alarielle marries Malekith (I think). At that point he says "f*ck this" and pulls the Sword to kill Malekith.

Prior to that he always resisted and submitted his power to the Pheonix King. The dude was a great soldier and leader, but he never tried to rock the boat in Elven society.

End Times is really stupid.

I am a long time dark elf fan cause they get pirates and hydras and dino-knights in cool armour - I acknowledge the torture edgelord poo poo is dumb as hell. Warhammer lore has always been silly, but you could have knocked me down with a feather after I read that bit.

Dark elf sauron, who has been trying to conquer the good guys for millennia, is suddenly revealed to have been right in the individual succession dispute. Which doesn't quite chime with the way it had always been portrayed - there were very good reasons for everyone else not to want him to be king, then his rival died in mysterious circumstances and the divine trial by fire rejected him. Turns out the divine trial was suborned, and he'd been the rightful king the entire time.

Somehow this outweighs him being a giant genocidal tyrant and dickhead the whole time? So he becomes king and the guys who oppose him are somehow, if not the outright bad guys now, portrayed as the greater of two evils? Absolutely bizarre. It's as if Hitler, in 1944, had suddenly been proven to be the legitimate heir to the thrones of Belgium and Poland, so half the allied powers had just gone over to his side.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Genghis Cohen posted:

Dark elf sauron, who has been trying to conquer the good guys for millennia, is suddenly revealed to have been right in the individual succession dispute. Which doesn't quite chime with the way it had always been portrayed - there were very good reasons for everyone else not to want him to be king, then his rival died in mysterious circumstances and the divine trial by fire rejected him. Turns out the divine trial was suborned, and he'd been the rightful king the entire time.

It wasn't even suborned when Malekith did it, right? He just didn't stay in the fire long enough?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Lol I was right at Slanessh's final gate when the Ogres grabbed the soul and punted me right back out. What the gently caress are you even gonna do with that thing, assholes?

99pct of germs posted:

Seriously do all of you just auto resolve these fights or just spam artillery? Settlement maps suck.
Yeah.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Sep 3, 2022

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

Pierson posted:

Lol I was right at Slanessh's final gate when the Ogres grabbed the soul and punted me right back out. What the gently caress are you even gonna do with that thing, assholes?

eat it

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
just lol if you don't play on smol

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
That twist could have worked if everyone just looked around at one another and agreed that in that case it was clearly time for a new chief divinity of the high elf pantheon and sidelined Asuryan for obviously going senile. They attempted to fix it in later stuff by saying that was all bullshit pushed by Morathi but that does nothing to change the fact that all the elves brought it.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

peer posted:

eat it
i'm going back to TW2, at least back then the rats didn't gnaw on my Lizardman tomes

Lt. Broccoli
Jun 4, 2006

It just sits there. Completely harmless.

Anno posted:

I fight most settlement battles because I enjoy them. Not saying it doesn’t ever happen, but it certainly doesn’t often enough that I ever really notice it. I don’t recall fighting too many Skaven, Ogre or Greenskin settlements, though. Mostly Delf/Helf/lizard/empire/Cathay/Kislev.

What unit size are you on? I’m beginning to wonder why some people simply don’t see these issues. I did two just now and it was shitshow of dropped orders, congo lines and all kinds of infuriating pathing issues, to say nothing of the buildables. I thought I was fine with port-only settlement sieges but then I hit Ulthuan in my campaign…

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Pierson posted:

i'm going back to TW2, at least back then the rats didn't gnaw on my Lizardman tomes

Or you could just play IE, like god intended. Or just use the "disable" ROC mod.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Geckoagua posted:

What unit size are you on? I’m beginning to wonder why some people simply don’t see these issues. I did two just now and it was shitshow of dropped orders, congo lines and all kinds of infuriating pathing issues, to say nothing of the buildables. I thought I was fine with port-only settlement sieges but then I hit Ulthuan in my campaign…

Troy settlement battles had pathing issues with ultra unit sizes and played perfectly fine at small so this is likely related.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Geckoagua posted:

Ultra.

Are people just right clicking to move units? If I’m moving a unit I either formation-drag or occasionally drag it a path. No idea if that matters or not.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Dramicus posted:

Or you could just play IE, like god intended. Or just use the "disable" ROC mod.
Okay but if Ogres eat the Sword of Khaine I'm blamin' you!!!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Nice "forest" you got here Orion

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Pierson posted:

Okay but if Ogres eat the Sword of Khaine I'm blamin' you!!!

They might eat the person wielding it.

On a side note:

Here's a visual mod that makes the Nurgle mortal units look more nurgley:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2856039028&searchtext=nurgle

It's purely visual, doesn't alter any stats.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
which is kind of funny to me as someone that plays on medium sizes since i had to play on small sizes for tw1 with my crappy laptop at the time and going all the way to ultra feels weird, but the reason why formations tend to be the size they are historically is because any larger and they'll be too unwieldy.

i'm guessing it makes settlement battles way better since it either takes two units or one spread thin to block a path so there is more fluidity. For me though ultra unit sizes just doesn't look right, medium (or even small) makes the unit sizes look closer to what they were in the tabletop.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

On reflection I'm kinda glad Ghorst is a zombie king now, Grailyboys used to make a complete and total mockery of anything VC

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

yeti friend posted:

Ultra is the default unit scale now. I don't think this guy is in the wrong for using it and expecting it to work with settlement battles. Do you?

If that's the standard setting, yeah, they should expect it to work.

I just checked and I'm playing on Large.

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Sep 3, 2022

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Hmmn, my friend and I just had a battle desync twice, an unwalled settlement attack if it matters.

Is there anything we could do or watch out for in the future? Is this a known issue?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

I play on Ultra and just compensate for the settlement movement clunkiness through enough experience with it.

Speaking of experience I don't think even my humble rear end can tackle this challenge, which is fine since I conquered 1/4 of the world and all of Cathay and finally scratched "The Tretch Playthrough" from the bucket list.

Four armies in the Mountains of Mourn? This isn't so bad, I-

Me IRL. Yeah yeah, I get what I deserve for pushing the modifier up to 200. :laffo:

I fought about a half dozen of those sieges or underway interceptions with mid range stacks and did well. 50%+ enemy casualties even on a loss, etc. With a few dozen turns more interest Tretch could turn around and lead a 4 stack to paint back what is lost and eventually settle things... except... oof. To win a Dawitide campaign you have to hold 6 Dwarven capitals spread across the entire world.

A good time had by all, I think I owe Chaos and their DLC I pay-piggy'd up for a try.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Anno posted:

The VCO mod for IE is out. It’s titled Early Access I assume because it currently only has campaigns/rewards for Cathay - but they’re pretty spiffy rewards if you happen to be starting a new Cathay campaign.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2858059010

Sweet. May start a Cathay campaign next then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Holy poo poo you guys weren't kidding about Ghorst's zombies. :stare:

This is absurd. I love it.