Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: Dark Order (Hangman, Silver & Reynolds) vs. Best Friends & Orange Cassidy - AEW Rampage 9/2

This was so good and exciting and terrifying and heartbreaking and awesome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Dark Order (Hangman, Silver & Reynolds) vs. Best Friends & Orange Cassidy - AEW Rampage 9/2

Nth. Well executed and a good range of funny and serious.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Jerusalem posted:

every person in this match owns and i wanna see it happen again

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Sammy Guevara & Tay Melo vs. Ortiz & Ruby Soho - AEW Rampage 9/2

Ruby in particular seemed fired up and her and Ortiz seem to be naturally fitting together really well in spite of the initial hammered together feel of their tag team, with their only real initial shared characteristic being that they were friends of Eddie Kingston. Sammy and Tay are perfect as the most hateable couple in AEW, and it made for a really fun match.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
MOTYC: Dark Order vs Best Friends
HM: Sammy and Tay vs Ortiz and Ruby Soho

Trios match was half really funny and half insane nearfalls and one great false finish. Loved it.

Ruby Soho has so much confidence now and her and Ortiz is a great team. Wish they'd win on Sunday.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Sammy Guevara & Tay Melo vs. Ortiz & Ruby Soho - AEW Rampage 9/2

Ruby in particular seemed fired up and her and Ortiz seem to be naturally fitting together really well in spite of the initial hammered together feel of their tag team, with their only real initial shared characteristic being that they were friends of Eddie Kingston. Sammy and Tay are perfect as the most hateable couple in AEW, and it made for a really fun match.

Yeah agreed

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Ruby Soho has so much confidence now and her and Ortiz is a great team. Wish they'd win on Sunday.

Yeah, I'm watching the Soho/Ortiz v Sammy/Tay match right now and both ladies are doing some great character work.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Best Friends/Orange Cassidy vs. Hangman Page/Alex Reynolds/John Silver, AEW Rampage, 02/09
HM: Rey Fenix vs. Blake Christian, AEW Rampage, 02/09

Fenix/Blake was one of the best <3 minute matches ever

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

i made the comparison in the live thread, it was straight up a WCW cruiserweight "we got a couple minutes in the schedule just let em do some flips" match and it was great

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Best Friends/Orange Cassidy vs. Hangman Page/Alex Reynolds/John Silver, AEW Rampage, 02/09

Nth. Blake Christian is something special.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Alaois posted:

i made the comparison in the live thread, it was straight up a WCW cruiserweight "we got a couple minutes in the schedule just let em do some flips" match and it was great

Fenix’s extended ropewalk and finger wag was incredible

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Rarity posted:

Nth both of these. Very good Rampage.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
MOTYC - Gunther v. Sheamus, Clash at the Castle

That was like…the platonic ideal of what that match could be. Incredibly fun on every level.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Professor Funk posted:

That was like…the platonic ideal of what that match could be. Incredibly fun on every level.

Nth. You probably won't be able to find another match this year that has as many chops as that.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Professor Funk posted:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Professor Funk posted:

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Professor Funk posted:

Nth delightful violence here that even WWE production couldn't ruin

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

GCW/BLP 4 Cups Stuffed - 2022-09-02

HM - Mike Bailey v Kylie Rae
HM - Shane Mercer v Marko Stunt
HM - Killer Kelly and Tom Lawlor v Billie Starkz and Bryan Alvarez

(and then I fell asleep)

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Pinwiz11 posted:

(and then I fell asleep)

Nth, but want to add

HM - Gringo Loco, Latigo & Toxin vs ASF, Drago Kid & Laredo Kid

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Professor Funk posted:

Nth.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Professor Funk posted:

Thank god. That was the only match on that show I cared about and I came into this thread just to make sure they didn't gently caress it up somehow.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

Pinwiz11 posted:

(and then I fell asleep)
Nth

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

WWE Clash at the Castle 9/3/22

HM Matt Riddle vs Seth Rollins

Nice little grudge match

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
MOTYC: GUNTHER VS SHEAMUS - WWE CLASH AT THE CASTLE

THEY BEAT THE gently caress OUT EACH OTHER GOD drat

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Adam Page & Dark Order vs. Best Friends, Rampage 9/2

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

HM: Sawyer Wreck vs Charli Evans
HM: Briscoes vs BUSSY vs SGC vs Los Macizos vs Mega-Bastards
GCW Art of War
September 4

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: GUNTHER vs. Sheamus, WWE Clash at the Castle, 03/09

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TJPW City Circuit September 4th
MOTYC
Reiwa Ban AA Cannon (Saki Akai and Yuki Arai) (c) vs Toyo University (Kamiyu and Mahiro Kiryu) - Princess Tag Championships
- Action was closer to a HM, but the vocal crowd rallying behind hometown hero Arai pushed it over the top for me

HM
Maki Itoh vs Arisu Endo
Kyoraku Kyomei (Shoko Nakajima and Hyper Misao) vs Up Up Girls (Miyu Yamashita and Raku)
DayDream (Miu Watanabe and Rika Tatsumi) and Suzume vs Magical Sugar Rabbits (Yuka Sakazaki and Mizuki) and Pom Harajuku

Good show, great crowd. This should be the norm

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC
Reiwa Ban AA Cannon (Saki Akai and Yuki Arai) (c) vs Toyo University (Kamiyu and Mahiro Kiryu) - Princess Tag Championships
- Action was closer to a HM, but the vocal crowd rallying behind hometown hero Arai pushed it over the top for me

HM
Maki Itoh vs Arisu Endo
Kyoraku Kyomei (Shoko Nakajima and Hyper Misao) vs Up Up Girls (Miyu Yamashita and Raku)
DayDream (Miu Watanabe and Rika Tatsumi) and Suzume vs Magical Sugar Rabbits (Yuka Sakazaki and Mizuki) and Pom Harajuku

+1

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Miyu Yamashita is not an Up Up Girl :colbert:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rarity posted:

:agreed:

Do the song and dance, Miyu :colbert:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Rarity posted:

She always was

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Chris Brookes vs. VENY - DDT Dramatic Explosion 9/4
HM: Kazusada Higuchi & Naomi Yoshimura (C) vs. HARASHINA & Toru Owashi for the KO-D Tag Titles - DDT Dramatic Explosion 9/4

Two very good matches to finish off a fun card. Higuchi is an incredible badass.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT Dramatic Explosion September 4th
MOTYC
ASUKA vs Chris Brookes
- Turns out when two fantastic wrestlers get the chance to let loose and have a great match they in fact have a great loving match

Harimao (Kazusada Higuchi and Naomi Yoshimura) (c) vs DisasterBox (HARASHIMA and Toru Owashi) - KO-D Team Team Championships
- Not wanting to be upstaged by the previous match, these 4 beat the absolute hell out of each other. I honestly did not think Owashi had this kind of thing in him, he's been a comedy guy for so long

HM
DAMNATION T.A (Daisuke Sasaki, MJ Paul and KANON) (c) vs Eruption (Hideki Okatani, Yuki Sakaguchi and Saki Akai)
- Saki fights her second title match of the day and drags Damnation to the best match of their reign

Explosion Match was a bit disappointing but the rest of the upper card delivered in spades

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC
ASUKA vs Chris Brookes
- Turns out when two fantastic wrestlers get the chance to let loose and have a great match they in fact have a great loving match

Harimao (Kazusada Higuchi and Naomi Yoshimura) (c) vs DisasterBox (HARASHIMA and Toru Owashi) - KO-D Team Team Championships
- Not wanting to be upstaged by the previous match, these 4 beat the absolute hell out of each other. I honestly did not think Owashi had this kind of thing in him, he's been a comedy guy for so long

HM
DAMNATION T.A (Daisuke Sasaki, MJ Paul and KANON) (c) vs Eruption (Hideki Okatani, Yuki Sakaguchi and Saki Akai)
- Saki fights her second title match of the day and drags Damnation to the best match of their reign

Explosion Match was a bit disappointing but the rest of the upper card delivered in spades

Nth

but HM for

Scramble Bunkhouse Current Blast 6-Man Tag Death Match: Atsushi Onita, Shinya Aoki & Yukio Naya Vs Konosuke Takeshita, Shunma Katsumata & Toi Kojima

A lot of fun/gnarly explosions, bumps, and visuals in this one and that's all I wanted, even if it ended quickly. A nice tight package of the hits.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC
ASUKA vs Chris Brookes

HM

Nth. Very solid show overall. Explosion match just needed another ten minutes.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC
ASUKA vs Chris Brookes

HM

Nth

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM
Maki Itoh vs Arisu Endo

Nth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
TJPW City Circuit - Nagoya Performance 9/04
HM: Maki Itoh vs Arisu Endo
HM: Miyu Yamashita & Raku vs Shoko Nakajima & Hyper Misao
HM: Suzume & Daydream (Miu Watanabe & Rika Tatsumi) vs Pom Harajuku & Magical Sugar Rabbits (Yuka Sakazaki & Mizuki)
HM: Reiwa Ban AA Cannon (Saki Akai & Yuki Arai) (c) vs Toyo University (Kamiyu & Mahiro Kiryu) - Princess Tag Team Championships