Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Beached Whale posted:

Jeffery you're a loving coward if you don't put the Something Awful brand name up through Egeez and also go on a date with Nathen "World's Youngest Garfield Licensee" Mazri.

:hmmyes: Nathen and Jeffrey, the world's next power couple

What do you suppose Nathen tells prospective clients about Egeez? It's tempting to make up an intellectual property just to see what Nathen proposes. It's probably just word salad about connecting to fans, and a bunch of weird videos starring Nathen talking about the character and himself. There's no way he knows anything about licencing and manufacturing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Powerful Katrinka posted:

What do you suppose Nathen tells prospective clients about Egeez?

We'll never know because there's no way anybody's ever approached him, and anything he sends out is guaranteed to get flagged as spam / phishing scam by every mail service known to man.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

The idea of aggregating IP access and setting up a one-stop-shop isn’t the worst idea. There are some global companies doing it in the patent spaces currently.

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

i very much enjoy how nathan keeps trying to use his discord as a personal army, even linking them to things and telling them to his bidding, but is always shocked when no one does anything. he refuses to believe that his discord is full of people being entergaged by his antics only.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Matlack Radio posted:

Nathen reminded me to renew my subscription to 'Eater'.

I don’t know that “the anomaly licensee” is as complementary as Nathen believes it to be.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I feel like he looks weirder then usual

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Dixville posted:

Adamn is an amazing name

Adamneow

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
GarfieldEats: Kill celibacy, Nathen must get freakin married.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Flowers for QAnon posted:

The idea of aggregating IP access and setting up a one-stop-shop isn’t the worst idea. There are some global companies doing it in the patent spaces currently.

It's way different with B2C retail stuff, though, right? The audience is huge and the IP does way more work to drive demand. Let's say Nathen is courting a big fish licensee that just paid a couple million bucks to license action figures for the new Marvel... something-or-other. On one hand, they could court Target and Walmart (with their physical and online storefronts) for distribution/placement to move the absolute poo poo out of their products by having eye-level contact with every 8-year-old who wanders through the toy aisle, as well as just setting up a basically free Amazon shop to catch the gift-shopping parents. On the other hand, they could talk to an insane Canadian man with the face of a third-hand Realdoll who talked to someone three levels down from Jim Davis one time a decade ago. I mean, I would love for anyone to choose the comedy option, but I can't see it happening in a mass-market retail space. He's radioactive.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

The problem is that anyone big isn’t going to be interested unless Egeez becomes a highly used platform, and in order to do this, he needs to hoover up the B2C market for the small players. But to do the ongoing due diligence on all of those businesses is an absolutely mammoth task, and would take a huge amount of people to do properly. And the moment it’s not done properly, his entire model and fledgling reputation completely collapses.

And, what’s more, if this were a significant problem that needed addressing (or were costing Amazon market share) the big players already have the resources and skills to do the exact same thing more effectively in a heartbeat.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
It’s almost like th4 only reason he is able to do all this is because he is the fail son of a Saudi Arabia oil executive and has what we assume is a very large trust fund.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
thank you egeez for making it so quick and easy to buy a disney thing, its been so impossible for so long to buy disney things and you finally went and solved this longstanding problem

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
UAE accountant to Saudis and it seems more like an allowance situation

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

If there's one thing more disgusting than oligarchs it is their legion of cringing fixers

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

There's something about his mouth that's vaguely reminded me of something for a long time now but I couldn't quite put my finger on, and it just finally hit me what I had in mind.

Spot on, really.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
egeez nutz lmfbo

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

PizzaProwler posted:

MY LASAGA

MY LASAGA

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

You didn't say MY LASAGA, you broke the chain, you absolute fool

Jk but I'm getting flashbacks to they did surgery on a grape

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Dixville posted:

You didn't say MY LASAGA, you broke the chain, you absolute fool

I just hope I can be forgiven for being a fucker

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

ALERT THE MEDIA!

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
keep trying A&W, you can do it!

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Nathen ate the whole stapler and only realized after seeing the one remaining staple!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Could really go for an A&W right now. Thanks Nathen.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I dropped the staple in the burger

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Could really go for an A&W right now. Thanks Nathen.

Are A&W's the one that do that nice creamy soda? don't have the food china where I live, but when ever see that cream soda in a supermarket or what not I get it.

Man could really go a can of that right now actually. Yeah, thanks Nathen!

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
A&W is a root beer brand now owned by Keurig Dr Pepper.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

kntfkr posted:

The A&W we're discussing is a burger chain in Canada.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Also Okinawa. Oddly enough.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

kntfkr posted:

Are there two A&W? Whhy would they do this to us!!!

It's like not even the greatest name or anything

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

dr_rat posted:

Are there two A&W? Whhy would they do this to us!!!

It's like not even the greatest name or anything

The root beer company started the restaurant, or vice versa. They may be separate entities by now.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Escape From Noise posted:

The root beer company started the restaurant, or vice versa. They may be separate entities by now.

Actually the Canadian A&W got spun off by the American version decades ago. We're possibly talking about three different things.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Actually the Canadian A&W got spun off by the American version decades ago. We're possibly talking about three different things.

Woah.

Yeah. Basically two dudes started a root beer stand/restaurant. Then they probably sold the formula and/or name for wider bottling and distribution. Then the company got franchised out. It went through several owners separate from the packaged drink with the same name yadda yadda yadda.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Anyway the closest A&W to me is in loving Yuma, so I'll just go to Rally's (which is also Checkers) instead.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Anyway the closest A&W to me is in loving Yuma, so I'll just go to Rally's (which is also Checkers) instead.

In the states they are like combo drive-thrus with Kentucky Fried Chicken, which means you can pair a rootbeer float with a KFC double down.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
A&W legit owns as fast food and they tried to kill Nathen so they're the best fast food chain now

Maybe Tim Horton's can sneak a razor blade into his krueller next week

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Why Capitalism always need to make poo poo so complicated! :psyduck:

Elephant Ambush posted:

A&W legit owns as fast food and they tried to kill Nathen so they're the best fast food chain now
Well I know their drinks own, and I'll take your word the food does as well, but as the don't have an 80's newspaper cartoon mascot though -I assume?- can they really be called the best

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

dr_rat posted:

Well I know their drinks own, and I'll take your word the food does as well, but as the don't have an 80's newspaper cartoon mascot though -I assume?- can they really be called the best

*ahem*

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I stand corrected! A&W officially the best, all other fast food places can go suck a lemon!

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
Sound the Garf-Phone, shockingly Nathen is going to use #staplegate to drum up support for, something.

https://imgur.com/0lh7Txu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

quote:

Either it was intentional knowing who I was or [boring rational explanation]
lol

If he actually ate #farm2plate #clean he wouldn’t have found himself in this international incident