Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Gunvolt 3 has finally been confirmed for PS4 & PS5 - it'll be out on December 15 and will include all the planned free updates released for the other versions up to that point, as well as run in 120FPS on PS5.

They also revealed the contents of "Epilogue ATEMS", which is part of the final content update scheduled alongside the PS version - it's an additional story mode featuring another playable character, Zed-Omega.

The second paid DLC pack's out now, too - it contains a bunch more image pulses, and it's free for the first two weeks (or $2 otherwise):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb-o87ThzX4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saObtmO8Lm0

And that's a run. Definitely an unnecessarily flashy way to end those fights, but that's what we love to see.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Gunvolt 3 has finally been confirmed for PS4 & PS5 - it'll be out on December 15 and will include all the planned free updates released for the other versions up to that point, as well as run in 120FPS on PS5.

They also revealed the contents of "Epilogue ATEMS", which is part of the final content update scheduled alongside the PS version - it's an additional story mode featuring another playable character, Zed-Omega.

The second paid DLC pack's out now, too - it contains a bunch more image pulses, and it's free for the first two weeks (or $2 otherwise):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb-o87ThzX4

Has it been mentioned at all what you need to do to unlock this epilogue chapter once it’s out?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I burned 14,900 EM (149 rolls) on this guy, got absolutely nothing.

Girlfriend gets him on first roll. He is of course a very solid unit.

Ah, gacha.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Sep 2, 2022

Truxton
Oct 31, 2012

Larryb posted:

Has it been mentioned at all what you need to do to unlock this epilogue chapter once it’s out?

No, but I can't imagine it'll be any more complicated than "Get the good ending," considering that it probably builds off that.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

Tallgeese posted:

I burned 14,900 EM (149 rolls) on this guy, got absolutely nothing.

Girlfriend gets him on first roll. He is of course a very solid unit.

Ah, gacha.

He wasn't in a banner so you got a pity pull?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

skipThings posted:

He wasn't in a banner so you got a pity pull?

I wish. Pity is 25,000 EM (250 rolls) and is per-banner. It's kind of excessively high. GF has her own account.

He is on banner at 1.5%. Needless to say I was absolutely robbed.

Oh, and to be informative, future units soon:

Shadow Armor X
Gore Magala iCO (titty OC, Monster Hunter)
Shagaru Magala Armor X (X armor, Monster Hunter. Six goddamn wings on this absolute unit, pretty much mandatory in my book and I don't have the funds due to being f2p, lmao)

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Sep 2, 2022

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Tallgeese posted:

I wish. Pity is 25,000 EM (250 rolls) and is per-banner. It's kind of excessively high. GF has her own account.

Shadow Armor X
Shagaru Magala Armor X (X armor, Monster Hunter. Six goddamn wings on this absolute unit, pretty much mandatory in my book and I don't have the funds due to being f2p, lmao)

drat, they're targeting me with the MH crossovers. Probably also going to mean a rerun of the older ones I missed.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Dabir posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saObtmO8Lm0

And that's a run. Definitely an unnecessarily flashy way to end those fights, but that's what we love to see.
That is an interesting final boss.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

X2 stubbornly refuses to be normal and it owns

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Tallgeese posted:

Shadow Armor X

Give me some X layered armor in Rise you jerks :mad:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

Give me some X layered armor in Rise you jerks :mad:

Speaking of, do these crossovers go both ways out of curiosity (as in, has there been any Megaman related stuff in Rise)?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Larryb posted:

Speaking of, do these crossovers go both ways out of curiosity (as in, has there been any Megaman related stuff in Rise)?

Only thing we've gotten is this Rush costume for the dogs that can transform into the Rush Jet when they run

World has a Voxel Mega Man costume for your cats

While 4U and GU has a Mega Man costume for them

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

Only thing we've gotten is this Rush costume for the dogs that can transform into the Rush Jet when they run

I've got that costume on my dog and he doesn't turn into a jet when I hold RB to run. Is that a Sunbreak feature or am I doing the wrong input?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

A good poster posted:

I've got that costume on my dog and he doesn't turn into a jet when I hold RB to run. Is that a Sunbreak feature or am I doing the wrong input?

Oops I meant the dash you do after you drift your dog.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
What input is that?

EDIT: Oh, that's much faster. I never would have tried to Tokyo Drift a dog if I hadn't looked up how to do it.

A good poster fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Sep 3, 2022

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Tallgeese posted:

Shadow Armor X

Never, never roll on the gatcha if 1) it's not rate-up and 2) you don't have enough for the spark/pity.

This is universal advice.

Also, if you pull and get the thing you were aiming for before you hit the pity timer, unless there's something else you really want available, stop pulling. That leaves you closer to building up the currency for the next time you want something.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
none of you should be encouraging the megaman gacha poo poo

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Potsticker posted:

Never, never roll on the gatcha if 1) it's not rate-up and 2) you don't have enough for the spark/pity.

This is universal advice.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

:hmmyes:

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

IronicDongz posted:

none of you should be encouraging the megaman gacha poo poo

:emptyquote:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am deeply deeply thankful that while I have many videogame brainworms I don't have the gatcha or achievement gameworms.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I tried it for a few days because of this thread. I never put money into it, but had enough free stuff to do a few pulls. Got Protoman and a few giant boobed OCs. The stages were fine enough. But eventually hit the sudden "No, seriously. Pay up." stage. It's not a difficulty thing. It's a straight up numbers thing. It felt like you're expected to spend weeks doing auto stages or something. I feel like it's honestly worse than others I've tried. But I've never played action focused ones, so maybe they're all like this in this style.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

One thing I’ll say in Dive’s favor is I’ve never once had to spend any actual money on it to get what I needed (which is a step above a lot of gacha games out there) and the actual gameplay and story aren’t too bad.

I also really like the graphical style of the game and wouldn’t mind them doing something similar if they ever make a proper MMX title again.

Truxton
Oct 31, 2012
Everyone knows the best gacha game Capcom ever made was Gotcha Force, anyway.

And now I'm imagining that if that game got brought back, it would an an actual gacha with all of the terrible baggage that comes with. Perhaps some things are better left dead.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

Hrist posted:

I tried it for a few days because of this thread. I never put money into it, but had enough free stuff to do a few pulls. Got Protoman and a few giant boobed OCs. The stages were fine enough. But eventually hit the sudden "No, seriously. Pay up." stage. It's not a difficulty thing. It's a straight up numbers thing. It felt like you're expected to spend weeks doing auto stages or something. I feel like it's honestly worse than others I've tried. But I've never played action focused ones, so maybe they're all like this in this style.

You don't have to pay up to proceed, but your progress is essentially time-locked otherwise, because the daily-limited rewards and missions and poo poo are your main source of materials needed to make the number go up

If you log in and do the same dozen grind missions 1-2 times every day, number will go up slowly but surely. And since it's all based on number, rolling the gacha doesn't even really help (unless you roll a character with a self-healing, which breaks the difficulty over its knee)

the point is just to keep you coming back every single day to be tempted by all the gachas and special offers and bonus rolls and poo poo

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Much like in Command Mission, Cinnamon is one of the most broken characters in Dive once you unlock her and get her built up a bit (I’ve basically been making my way through the game via sheer attrition using her barrier, self-healing ability, and a shitload of Reorganization Programs). She’s a rare drop though so actually getting her might take a bit however

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Vizuyos posted:

You don't have to pay up to proceed, but your progress is essentially time-locked otherwise, because the daily-limited rewards and missions and poo poo are your main source of materials needed to make the number go up

If you log in and do the same dozen grind missions 1-2 times every day, number will go up slowly but surely. And since it's all based on number, rolling the gacha doesn't even really help (unless you roll a character with a self-healing, which breaks the difficulty over its knee)

the point is just to keep you coming back every single day to be tempted by all the gachas and special offers and bonus rolls and poo poo

Yeah self healing is really the main thing that you need for just powering through the game. Eratoeir in particular is very good for that at base and can bulldog through the entire game easily, and ZXA Aile is also incredibly good for it plus speed once you have some star levels in her. The difference between old and new characters even among 5*s is really apparent though, where the old ones are clunky with very basic abilities that have poor usability like having to be on the ground to use their skills and long animations with no invincibility or shield, no defenses/heals/speed boosts and new ones basically have no such limitations and a spread of useful abilities.

It's kind of a weird case as gachas go, what with your power being largely independent of character or dumping in money (not that there aren't clearly better ones) and the issue is more just getting the thing unlocked in the first place since rates are bad even on rate up banners. But once you actually get the unlock, it's generous in that there's no concern about needing to get duplicates of that specific character or weapon again because all dupes just become a universal character or weapon currency. If the rates weren't such trash I'd put put it in the more generous side of gachas overall.

I still want a new Massimo, though I know that is never going to happen.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Sep 4, 2022

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Larryb posted:

I also really like the graphical style of the game and wouldn’t mind them doing something similar if they ever make a proper MMX title again.

There will be a new Mega Man X gacha game before there is ever a Mega Man X9. Mega Man 11's success was a fluke, the only money left in this franchise is reselling us games in anthologies.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Star Man posted:

There will be a new Mega Man X gacha game before there is ever a Mega Man X9. Mega Man 11's success was a fluke, the only money left in this franchise is reselling us games in anthologies.

Sadly true

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Star Man posted:

And yet still no Command Mission rerelease.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

chumbler posted:

And yet still no Command Mission rerelease.

Mega Man X9 will come out before Command Mission ever gets a rerelease.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Star Man posted:

I honestly can't tell if "Mega Man 11 was a fluke" is a shitpost or not because I've seen people unironically make that argument elsewhere.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Honestly don't know why you guys are playing that garbage game. Mega Man is truly dead

Oh well, there's always the old games

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I mean the old games were generously 1/2 utter trash.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

chumbler posted:

If the rates weren't such trash I'd put put it in the more generous side of gachas overall.

Given the amount of limited unit banners back to back to back, I wouldn't go that far. That's actually the largest barrier to saving for what you want when certified badasses like Chief Sigma (who rules by the way, very fun) suddenly drop and they are only around for 2 weeks. He's the only variant of Sigma I don't have on my own account, infuriatingly.

I mean, they even actually "removed" Bass Cross MegaMan from the monthly Dive Festivals, meaning you're only getting him off of Double Limited banners at this point... if, of course, you either get obscenely lucky or just burn 25k. Which, of course, is the exact same situation as Chief Sigma.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Sep 5, 2022

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

KingSlime posted:

Honestly don't know why you guys are playing that garbage game. Mega Man is truly dead

Oh well, there's always the old games

This is the Inti Creates thread now

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

ImpAtom posted:

I mean the old games were generously 1/2 utter trash.

yeaaaah. I love my Blue bomber but lot his games were.. not great. Kinda didn’t help the series never got to breathe and its sequel after sequel.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Classic, Zero, and legends are all bangers. Only stinkers are in the X and BN series. Pretty good hit rate overall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Inafune is the biggest Zero (as a character) fanboy in the universe and boy does it show.

Guy should have never been given main character status. He effectively has 1.5 series, hah.