Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Oh man I remember Twisted Metal 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

the Eiffel tower being destructible in the show is the true test

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I wanna watch the twisted metal show

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

finished only murders in the building. season 1, I was like that’s nice, well done, fun stuff. season 2 started a little slow but by the end it came together amazingly well and I was hooting and hollering at the end credits music

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

highly recommend :files:ing The Resort. it's extremely good and it's gonna get slept on because Peacock

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

According to the released logline, the Twisted Metal show is about a post apocalyptic delivery driver, with no mention of a contest. Idk how you don't just make a Mad Max tournament arc, it's so obvious.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Mantis42 posted:

According to the released logline, the Twisted Metal show is about a post apocalyptic delivery driver, with no mention of a contest. Idk how you don't just make a Mad Max tournament arc, it's so obvious.

is said driver perchance an evil clown?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

just a show about gig economy drivers who have to improvise their own failing methods of transportation or else starve

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Mantis42 posted:

You could make lots of good or at least alright video game adaptations, especially those of the “It’s a racing/Kung fu tournament here’s the memorable character gimmicks now they go fight” variety, if they just adapted the plot and characters straight. But after the first Mortal Kombat Hollywood is determined to never adapt a video game story again. But then again, Hollywood doesn’t like making tournament movies of any origin these days.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

https://twitter.com/MattAmylon/status/1566198854797729794?t=RDRUP37tVe0iXJug2Efqug&s=19

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Was Twisted Metal the one where the character cutscenes were legit heartbreaking and undermined the fun Metal⚡️🎸 tone of the actual gameplay? Like a guy who accidentally drowned a baby during a baptism and had a crisis of faith in the cutscene, but in the gameplay he’s a badass scary preacher?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

loving, omg my butt is gone from laughing

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Frosted Flake posted:

Was Twisted Metal the one where the character cutscenes were legit heartbreaking and undermined the fun Metal⚡️🎸 tone of the actual gameplay? Like a guy who accidentally drowned a baby during a baptism and had a crisis of faith in the cutscene, but in the gameplay he’s a badass scary preacher?

probably, the leader of the tournament is Calypso and he promised the winner a wish that he used to curse them afterwards

there is no winner

Rockit
Feb 2, 2017

Frosted Flake posted:

I recall the game-play of twisted metal black being dripped with dramatic gothic sounds and looks when it just wasn't an proto-apocalyspe.

if the issue is the game-play of vehicular combat can't not be fun then that's fair but there was more of an attempt of unifying tone.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

twisted metal is basically what if a genie was really into monster trucks

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
Twisted metal and Vigilante 8 were both dope

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I had the star wars vigilante 8

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
No warthog or mr Grimm in the show? Just sweet tooth?

No Rob Zombie? Criminal.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

MLSM posted:

No Rob Zombie? Criminal.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Buck Wildman posted:

twisted metal is basically what if a genie was really into monster trucks

Someone asked about Three Thousand Years of Longing earlier, and how much thought Tilda Swinton’s character puts into avoiding an ironic wish is pretty well done.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
twisted metal 2's antarctica level is basically real life antarctica now

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bjj-iD_YiGE

lol a genie that loves monster trucks was dead on

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Currently reading chapter 31 of Count of Monte Cristo, or "the chapter where Dantès talks about weed a lot"

Seriously he is trying to convince someone to do hashish with him for some reason and it's taking a lot of doing

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

That was Twisted Metal: Black, the dark and edgy reboot from 2001. It's one of the few times the edge lord postering actually worked imo and is still fun to play in 2022.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

loquacius posted:

Currently reading chapter 31 of Count of Monte Cristo, or "the chapter where Dantès talks about weed a lot"

Seriously he is trying to convince someone to do hashish with him for some reason and it's taking a lot of doing

It's got a lot of orientalism like that in it but drat it if the book isn't great otherwise. Dantès as a Lord Ruthven-esque vampiric force of nature is just lots of fun to read

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

The Ghost and Mr Chicken (1966)
Pictured: Dick Sargent, Don Knotts, Papa John

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

MLSM posted:

No Rob Zombie? Criminal.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

i say swears online posted:

ooo basing the targaryens on the ptolemys would be way more interesting

I'm pretty sure that's already exactly what they were meant to be evoking.

loquacius posted:

Would it surprise you to learn that Dumas was big into hashish

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Who among us

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
Orientalist hashish eater is a much better vibe than any of the varieties of stoners and potheads we have today

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm pretty sure that's already exactly what they were meant to be evoking.

I thought they were romans tbh

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

uber_stoat posted:

is said driver perchance an evil clown?

Why was Sweet Tooth so popular anyway?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

he’s a clown with a burning head, what’s not to love? also his wish in the first game was to reunited with his best friend, a paper bag hand puppet.

e: https://youtu.be/1b_-Rgq6nrU

RandolphCarter has issued a correction as of 18:30 on Sep 4, 2022

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Why was Sweet Tooth so popular anyway?

people love clowns

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
for a young person of a certain inclination playing a video game as an evil clown who drives a deadly ice cream truck is as close as they're ever going to get to joining the Insane Clown Posse.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I was just thinking it was very much of its time, the PS2 era was probably the pinnacle of ICP as well.

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 18:50 on Sep 4, 2022

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

buying a ticket to the dark carnival takes many forms

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
sweet tooth had the best vehicle

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
“This Summer only in theaters- Sweet Tooth vs Joker vs Pennywise: Dawn of Justice”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

indigi posted:

sweet tooth had the best vehicle

Axel