Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This is not going to be back for a while as they aren't even starting to film until September and don't have any scripts done yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I thought they already said it's going to have a January 2023 premiere date.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The actor who plays Jonathan Kent has left the show. He is antivax and cannot get back into Canada so he decided that he is done.

The show runners have said they will recast.

GreenNight fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Aug 17, 2022

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
E; ^^^ oh variety didn't say he was antivax. Or I missed it because I drank too much ( it's my bday, gimmie a break heh heh). Well gently caress him then.

I just came here to say that too because it popped on my Google news feed

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/superman-and-lois-jordan-elsass-exits-recast-1235343254/

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Aug 17, 2022

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

GreenNight posted:

The actor who plays Jonathan Kent has left the show. He is antivax and cannot get back into Canada so he decided that he is done.

lol what a moron

e: I have to go now, my father's home planet needs me.
Jon died on the way to Krypton.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Deadline is saying that the anti-vax stuff might be incidental and that he has some personal issues going on.
https://deadline.com/2022/08/superman-lois-jonathan-kent-recast-jordan-elsass-exits-the-cw-1235094152/

quote:

There is no comment yet from Elsass or his team on the abrupt exit. According to sources, Elsass has been dealing with serious personal issues, some of them possibly related to mental health, that the series’ producers became aware of. There is also conflicting information whether Elsass left or was let go.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

If that’s true I hope he get the help he needs. But also the god drat vaccine.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Better him than Garfin. Garfin is too adorable.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

GreenNight posted:

I hope they cast Laura Kariuki.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Welp, there goes the ambiguity about who you're talking about on the show when you refer to Jordan.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I hope they cast someone younger. When the show first started I thought Jonathan was supposed to be a few years older than Jordan and I was surprised they were supposed to be twins. Not only does he look much older than Garfin he looks way too old to be a highschool kid.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

GreenNight posted:

Thank god, I can't think of a way to take him out of the show that wouldn't be the dumbest loving thing

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Have Jonathan get in an off screen accident and wear that helmet they gave Ralph after firing him from the Flash while still needing to reference the character.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They've announced that Chad Coleman (The Expanse, The Orville) will be playing a villain for season 3. They didn't directly say who he would be playing but the obvious choice would be Bruno Manheim.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

No love for the wire? Come on man.

Chad Coleman showed up in Arrow for a multi-episode arc, that was good poo poo too

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
You probably won't recognize him from The Orville because he plays Klyden, a character from a species that don't resemble humans at all.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Or because the Orville is a bad show that nobody with taste actually watches.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Or because the Orville is a bad show that nobody with taste actually watches.

The season is over, you don't have to talk like a Bizzaro anymore.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They're going to have to announce the new Jonathan sooner rather than later. I did see one funny suggestion and it's that they should just cast Alex Garfin's brother, Max, who is also an actor.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

They're going to have to announce the new Jonathan sooner rather than later. I did see one funny suggestion and it's that they should just cast Alex Garfin's brother, Max, who is also an actor.

Lol I’m surprised they didn’t do that from the start. Jonathan never really looked like he was Jordan’s twin brother.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

quote:

Australian actor Michael Bishop (“Spin,” “Swinging Safari,” “Grace Beside Me”) has been cast as Jonathan Kent for the upcoming third season of The CW’s “Superman & Lois” series.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Namrepus is my alt.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Show is back on March 14.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6Yw5MeK4C4

Took me a second to remember they recast Johnathan.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

This whole had absolutely no business working, let alone being this strong. If anyone can pull off a recasting, its these gents.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

In the recent news of the new DC lineup apparently S&L isn't in any immediate threat of cancellation but they don't regard it as a long term show. Saying that it will most likely get one to two more seasons.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Show's back in... twenty minutes!

jiffynuts
Jul 6, 2005

It's a-me-a-ha-me-ha

howe_sam posted:

Show's back in... twenty minutes!

Oh \S/nap! I almost forgot. Thanks for the reminder. :classiclol:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Live reactions

They did a good job finding a look-alike. Also lol that Clark apparently sucks at driving.
Jordan is really setting up a lot of flags for a possible heel turn
Clark also bad at grilling apparently
No. Oh no. Do not set up that love triangle nonsense.
In a worse show, this would feel like the first steps of Jordan going incel.
Holy poo poo Onomatopoeia is loving bizarre. Amazing.
Goddamn Clark and Lois.
Lmao. Chrissy. Also this loving tonal whiplash.
Oh, he's not Italian.

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Mar 15, 2023

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

Live reactions

Jordan is really setting up a lot of flags for a possible heel turn

I will not be happy if they do this.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

What fresh hell was that...thing?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

howe_sam posted:

What fresh hell was that...thing?

Onomatopoeia

I like how they reinterpreted his mask.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Fun season premiere, new Jonathan wasn't bad so far. I didn't recall any casting news on this season so Brun Mannheim is an inspired casting choice.

And the Mayor funding issue should be a horrible trainwreck,

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Oh yeah, ex Mayor is extremely dodgy.

Still love Kyle's actor, he's making a lovely character likeable.

Fact, Superman's sensitivity means he under-spices food.

Massive props to the new Jonathan Kent, stepping into the breach like that was brave and he hit the ground running. What a champ.

Oooh Grandpa Lane. Nice to see your people skills are still terrible

Get it Chrissy! No shame 😜

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

So did I miss something in a previous episode. When Lois says she might be pregnant, clark says I didn't think that was possible. Why would that be? They obviously can have children. Did I miss something that would make another child impossible?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

badjohny posted:

So did I miss something in a previous episode. When Lois says she might be pregnant, clark says I didn't think that was possible. Why would that be? They obviously can have children. Did I miss something that would make another child impossible?

Something about the miscarriage of this universe’s Natalie?

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I enjoy the running gag that Clark is terrible at Normal Human Things.

The Jordan Sarah stuff felt like a retread. Even though she's now in on The Secret their reconciliation scene at the birthday could have been dropped in to a previous season with no changes.

Kudos to the New Jonathan. I like that he retained some of the previous actor's traits without trying to mimic him.

Not sold on the John Henry and Lana vibes.

Incredibly here for the Chrissy and Kyle material. A bit "pair the spares" but hey, its a small town, what else ya gonna do?

Thank god we're not going with another "Clark and Lois have another kid" plot. I mean I didn't expect a Super-Abortion here but I think there's more interesting stories to tell where we are.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lol Jon's DMV test.
https://i.imgur.com/3ZalRcu.mp4
MVP of the episode. New Jon is a close second though.

badjohny posted:

Nah, it was a little weird.

Kids got strong lungs! nbd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

badjohny posted:

Well she's in her mid 40s on the show, apparently slightly older than Clark. Sure it is possible but a woman's chances are much lower at that age