Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Funky Valentine posted:

Dear YoshiP, please add actual armor for Samurai.

Play DRK with Genji Oyoroi and Odenta Kai actually "literally playing SAM to be a samurai" is so basic :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Thundarr posted:

Using the guide, it looks like it should be relatively simple to get the 17k cowries achievement. The main limiting factor for me this week was not having enough rare granary and crop mats saved up so I had to make several sub optimal items instead of the best choices.

I have a lot of fun trying to plan out my workshops daily and am kinda disappointed that everyone's demand schedule seems to be the same.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I found a calculator, put in my last two days with what I've already got, and it looks like I hit 18 or 19000 cowries in a week just doing it on my own. Though part of that was learning about the supply cycle on Thursday and spotting the tells to target my big-money stuff on the right day so it wasn't *completely* alone.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Scorpion whatever from Eureka makes a really good Samurai top.

https://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Scorpion_Harness

This one.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

When you have mammets managing multiple creatures/crops, is there any way to bulk collect?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

On a similar note, if you are on your Mammet rest day and all your buildings are upgraded is there anything meaningful you can do to get island EXP beyond slow-farm?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ImpAtom posted:

The Scorpion whatever from Eureka makes a really good Samurai top.

https://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Scorpion_Harness

This one.

It's the scorpion harness. A once insanely overpriced item in the heyday of FFXI.

Respect it please god respect it I need to know those years of mine weren't wasted

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Shinjobi posted:

It's the scorpion harness. A once insanely overpriced item in the heyday of FFXI.

Respect it please god respect it I need to know those years of mine weren't wasted

You may be interested to know you can get one of these in Eureka as well: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/item/c330d0b4f23/

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Chillgamesh posted:

You may be interested to know you can get one of these in Eureka as well: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/item/c330d0b4f23/

If only the full Tactician Magician set was available.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Is there anything in particular you need to do to unlock the otter fountain, or does it just magically become an option if you happen to have two of each of the crafted items in your inventory (and in that case, what lunatic actually discovered this?).

e: ah, nevermind. I see there's a permits option on one of the vendors.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Sep 3, 2022

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Thundarr posted:

Is there anything in particular you need to do to unlock the otter fountain, or does it just magically become an option if you happen to have two of each of the crafted items in your inventory (and in that case, what lunatic actually discovered this?).

There is a permit at the seashell vendor. The permit needs to be unlocked, I can't remember how.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I believe it's unlocked by building and upgrading all available buildings

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Finally cleared EX4. Turns out I just needed to find the clear party that was actually a clear party and reached enrage on the second pull. The cool part is that I'm 100% confortable with the fight now.

That said my other attempts reminded me of the big problem with macros: for some godforsaken reason people decided to make multiple of them so have fun adapting to the marker for stacking and the weirdoes who put healers before melee.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Funky Valentine posted:

The Genta/Genji Striking set from Deltascape is pretty good.

Genji is the dyeable version from Savage, which includes weapons.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

You know what? I'm coming around on Island Sanctuary and starting to like it: it's relaxing, absolutely 0 demand and you can go at your own pace as long as you gather stuff to craft, can set your own schedule and it's flexible, and it's absolutely cute having the animals and minions hanging around.

I do hope they keep updating it even if it's minor stuff/new things to buy. Also morbols pls

Yeah, it's a really fun single player game to play while waiting for duties

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

After almost two expansions of foreshadowing, the Warrior of Light reaches Doma! It's kind of bleak and depressing, but that's OK because she gets to play secret agent with Yugiri!

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah, it's a really fun single player game to play while waiting for duties

It's such a lovely addition, and it's surprisingly full-featured to boot. It won't make you a millionaire by any stretch of the imagination, but you can easily get a handful of free materia a week for a modest effort once you get the workshop down, and even running around in a loop while you listen to a podcast will get you green cowries if you just wanna chill while still working towards something.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
beat p7s

think this is the first time I've ever cleared the third fight week one

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Bruceski posted:

I found a calculator, put in my last two days with what I've already got, and it looks like I hit 18 or 19000 cowries in a week just doing it on my own. Though part of that was learning about the supply cycle on Thursday and spotting the tells to target my big-money stuff on the right day so it wasn't *completely* alone.

Yeah with the demand cycle guidance I think I'm gonna hit 22k or so this week.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Countblanc posted:

got a bug during one of the island cutscenes where i could see my nameplate. weird.

Yeah, same, real bizarre there

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Funky Valentine posted:

Run Deltascape repeatedly like the rest of us. Gordian is also pretty neat.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

This was datamined at the end of last year, but it has subsequently been removed from the data and its ID number (756) left blank. It was next to the PVP gear in the code, so it's possible it's a planned reward (and/or got pushed too soon), but in any event it's some of the most samurai armor since the Genji set, if they ever release it.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Hogama posted:

This was datamined at the end of last year, but it has subsequently been removed from the data and its ID number (756) left blank. It was next to the PVP gear in the code, so it's possible it's a planned reward (and/or got pushed too soon), but in any event it's some of the most samurai armor since the Genji set, if they ever release it.

That's weird. Usually they don't remove models/id's even with future planned content. Hell the upcoming Halloween, Christmas, and Valentines clothes/mount popped up with 6.2. I'm surprised honestly, the way the devs do it they like to upload in advance so completely removing something is odd.

Do you know when the id was nop'ed?

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Sep 4, 2022

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

TheWorldsaStage posted:

That's weird. Usually they don't remove models/id's even with future planned content. Hell the upcoming Halloween, Christmas, and Valentines clothes/mount popped up with 6.2. I'm surprised honestly, the way the devs do it they like to upload in advance so completely removing something is odd.

Do you know when the id was nop'ed?
Very quickly, it seems. Assuming this isn't just a hoax/custom model, it was apparently found on the Crystalline Means discord in December with little fanfare. So, uh, keep a healthy salt supply at the ready.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Bruceski posted:

clearly I need to find and use one of these tools cause I'm barely gonna crack 10k for the week

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

hazardousmouse posted:

clearly I need to find and use one of these tools cause I'm barely gonna crack 10k for the week

If you have the rare mats on-hand and they aren't rest days, tomorrow (day 6) is (earrings or Necklace) --> Silver Ear Cuffs and Day 7 is Firesand --> Garnet Rapier (or more silver ear cuffs) for 5-6000 per day if all three workshops do it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/x07b6n/island_sanctuary_comprehensive_guide_version_10/ has the link to the solver I found, though I stress that I figured it out by hand so don't feel this is mandatory if it's not how you want to engage with things. The key part is figuring out how to read the supply cycles and tell when valuable things are going to be in low supply. For example yesterday I said "Growth Formula is insufficient/skyrocketing, so tomorrow's the day to make it," set things up, and that's getting me 6500 today.

And that's just if you want to minmax for achievements. "look up the very high demand items for the week, find cycles that make those and ramp up growth at the start" works just fine gor general income. 10K for a week is nothing to scoff it, I only made 4K total last week (granted that included building workshops mid-week).

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Sep 4, 2022

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

There's a strat called Elmo because the creator put a picture of Sesame Street's Elmo into the diagram for some reason. There's always something dumber.

Saw goons map location callouts to loss.jpg once in Destiny 2 and it managed to help them clear the fight.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

super sweet best pal posted:

Saw goons map location callouts to loss.jpg once in Destiny 2 and it managed to help them clear the fight.

The true power of moving past and healing.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Hogama posted:

They should release this for Heavensturn so people actually give a drat about the holiday

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Seems to either only dye the coat or only has undyeable variants in various colors like some other pieces in the game.

derra
Dec 29, 2012
It depends on if they're skyrocket or increasing demand exactly, but the potential highest cowries / hr crafts next week are (in decreasing order):

Garnet Rapier
Spruce Round Shield
Caramels
Pickled Radish
Garden Scythe
Pumpkin Pudding
Growth Formula
Silver Ear Cuffs
Tunic
Cavalier's Hat
Brush
Butter
Islefish Pie
Sheepfluff Rug
Scale Fingers
Crook

Stock up on rare mats for these so you can flex them when demand spikes. Some of these (Caramels, for example) have unusual chaining restrictions (kinda want to see how an [Islefish Pie -> Caramel]x2 day compares). From the popularity it doesn't look like it's going to be quite the earner this one was, but there should still be plenty of cowries to be had. After all, base value being equal, a stage of demand is worth more than a stage of popularity, and everything goes through a demand spike every week.

To prep, I'm roughly shooting for 30 of each leaving / vegetable and 12 of each granary rare mat (in a pinch, make sure you have a base of 4 so you can send out a 2x granary trip and pick up the results before your 4 hour finishes in the AM).

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hogama posted:

Seems to either only dye the coat or only has undyeable variants in various colors like some other pieces in the game.

My kingdom for this game to adopt ESO's system of each piece of glam having 1-3 sections you can individually dye.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Need that island sanc bike.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

Funky Valentine posted:

My kingdom for this game to adopt ESO's system of each piece of glam having 1-3 sections you can individually dye.

GW2's dye system and WoW's unlock-based transmog database, thanks.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Some news about FFXVI, but also YoshiP saying when he would like to do the next FFXIV FanFest:
https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1565899631854485504?t=Y00REuW1VgsTiSjmrYYeqw&s=19

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Bruceski posted:

If you have the rare mats on-hand and they aren't rest days, tomorrow (day 6) is (earrings or Necklace) --> Silver Ear Cuffs and Day 7 is Firesand --> Garnet Rapier (or more silver ear cuffs) for 5-6000 per day if all three workshops do it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/x07b6n/island_sanctuary_comprehensive_guide_version_10/ has the link to the solver I found, though I stress that I figured it out by hand so don't feel this is mandatory if it's not how you want to engage with things. The key part is figuring out how to read the supply cycles and tell when valuable things are going to be in low supply. For example yesterday I said "Growth Formula is insufficient/skyrocketing, so tomorrow's the day to make it," set things up, and that's getting me 6500 today.

And that's just if you want to minmax for achievements. "look up the very high demand items for the week, find cycles that make those and ramp up growth at the start" works just fine gor general income. 10K for a week is nothing to scoff it, I only made 4K total last week (granted that included building workshops mid-week).

...so from what I've gathered, you check the demand for the items, tried to predict which cycle the high demand items have, and craft them the nonexistent day? In that case having the rest days be 1 and 2 is the best since it gives you 2 days to check the demands?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

P8S: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

...so from what I've gathered, you check the demand for the items, tried to predict which cycle the high demand items have, and craft them the nonexistent day? In that case having the rest days be 1 and 2 is the best since it gives you 2 days to check the demands?

Rest day 1 is definitely a good idea. This week, Shark Oil was nonexistent on day 2, so I put my second rest day on 3 instead.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Would also be nice if some chest items, akin to head items having visor options, had the option to turn off their lower-body accoutrements. Bloodhempen Vest of Scouting and Late Allagan Armor of Fending are two examples where I would enjoy the actual chest piece for a glamor but can't deal with the big stupid skirt where I don't want one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

P6S was a lot of fun. Of course we clear on the one attempt I eat poo poo to a goof. RIP my parse.