Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Cartoon Man posted:

What’s under the American cheese, pickles?

zucchini

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
It's actually a very small pizza, and those are jalapeno rings.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Man, it's years since I moved from Brazil and this thread still keeps giving me a craving for some Pizza Escarola.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

We got hot content:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9fb4RtPm-E

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

uber_stoat posted:

i think i need to make that style for myself just once just to see. i don't live near any place that actually makes that foul concoction.

What is the green paste?

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

SuddenCactus posted:

What is the green paste?

Iron Crowned posted:

Cum, it's always cum

Fat Dan
Jul 10, 2022

HELLO
Salsa Merde

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Altoonacy

they're green bell pepper rings

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Fat Dan posted:

Salsa Merde

:discourse:

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Soul Dentist posted:

Altoonacy

they're green bell pepper rings

Mmm imagine how nice and poached those are getting under the cheese with no direct contact with air or heat

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Fat Dan posted:

Salsa Merde

Lol

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Futanari Damacy posted:

Love when some Swede chimes in with "actually that's a typical item, it's good" like oh okay I'm now convinced by your moron's conception of what is good

Way ahead of ya!

axolotl farmer posted:

The bananas needs to be balanced by something savoury. A common version here is with ham or bacon and curry powder. Sound weird, but it actually works.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
There are exactly two kinds of Scandinavian food posts:

- acting like something incredibly common the world over is actually a well kept secret of Nordic cuisine. Ever heard about this thing we call bröd? Didn't think so it's pretty underground.

- acting like culinary abominations dreamt up by sun-deprived brains barely clinging to sanity are the most normal things on the planet. Yeah, that's just normal banana and blood pudding, we serve it submerged in a lye solution, what's so weird about it?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Speaking of, is stanky fish pizza a thing yet? There are several various types of disgusting ways to preserve decaying fish.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

By popular demand posted:

Speaking of, is stanky fish pizza a thing yet? There are several various types of disgusting ways to preserve decaying fish.

Yes. Anchovies is the most traditional of pizza toppings.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
americans think burrito is a normal breakfast item and that somehow waffles and chicken is a normal thing. or 1000 other things lol

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

steinrokkan posted:

- acting like something incredibly common the world over is actually a well kept secret of Nordic cuisine. Ever heard about this thing we call bröd? Didn't think so it's pretty underground.

Now I'm trying to come up with an off kilter method of baking bread by literally burying it underground. I know you can cook meat by burying it in a pit of burning coals, surely dough is no different?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yeah that's naan

itry
Aug 23, 2019

StoryTime posted:

Now I'm trying to come up with an off kilter method of baking bread by literally burying it underground. I know you can cook meat by burying it in a pit of burning coals, surely dough is no different?

Bury it in clay (not too tightly though) and light a bonfire on top of it?

Alternatively;

Data Graham posted:

Yeah that's naan

fezball
Nov 8, 2009

StoryTime posted:

Data Graham posted:

Yeah that's naan

Or if you want to stay closer to the original scandinavian context:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%C3%BAgbrau%C3%B0

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i have drifted aimlessly like a lovely balloon for my entire adult life but i now know what i was put on this world to do. i am going to make it my life's mission to create, own, and operate an incredibly successful franchise of American "Swede-zza" restaurants. i am going to make the banana-peanut pizza your living God.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

von Braun posted:

americans think burrito is a normal breakfast item and that somehow waffles and chicken is a normal thing. or 1000 other things lol

Yeah but the difference is that those actually taste good

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

von Braun posted:

is this supposed to be an own?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
A post from Uncanny Valley in Scandinavia, where "burrito" isn't preceded by an article and for some reason waffles comes before chicken for the first time in the history of the pairing

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

von Braun posted:

oh, hohoho you're laughing at cold fish gizzard syrup? lol, lmao
At least I'm not eating delicious Mexican and African-American foods you yankee freaks!

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Breakfast burritos/tacos own. Chicken and waffles kicks rear end. Wtf you on about?

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

uber_stoat posted:

i have drifted aimlessly like a lovely balloon for my entire adult life but i now know what i was put on this world to do. i am going to make it my life's mission to create, own, and operate an incredibly successful franchise of American "Swede-zza" restaurants. i am going to make the banana-peanut pizza your living God.

This will work, but be very localized success.

Basically you'd pull it off on the West Coast.
The South and Midwest wouldn't touch it for the weirdness (Minnesota might be curious about the Scandi thing though).
And in the Northeast you would last less than a week before being murdered by Italian-Americans.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Breakfast burritos are awesome, as are breakfast pizzas, breakfast sandwiches, breakfast buffets, breakfast for dinner, etc. Basically, breakfast can't be wrong

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

von Braun posted:

imagine having food takes this bad and still somehow thinking it go down well to publicly admit to them:laffo:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

von Braun posted:

lmao

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Look, I'm here to look at weird pizzas. If I wanted to look at disgusting/weird US food I'd go to the Americana.jpg thread.

Edit: Also used to buy bread similar to this and it's pretty tasty. Really heavy though. It goes well with meat or cheese.

fezball posted:

Or if you want to stay closer to the original scandinavian context:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%C3%BAgbrau%C3%B0

itry fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Sep 5, 2022

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Left pizza left left

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

this is the best loss.jpg yet

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Man, Papa John's really is out of ideas

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Are you supposed to eat these with a spoon?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
pizzoup

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

pizza! pizza!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Look I enjoy looking at cummy pizzas as much as anyone but at this stage they threaten to take over this thread, then the forums, then America.