Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune

gregday posted:

I can never get over having the fret markers on the side like that instead of centered.

My strandberg is like that and I really like it. I prefer when they switch to the treble side past the 12th fret though.

Dr. Faustus posted:

Yeah. I wanna justpost about this topic too, please.

That's a pretty nice setup!

I'm going to mess around and do some more comparisons of the FM3 vs Stomp I think and see which ends up working better for me. I'm not a performing musician, this is just a hobby for me so I may or may not end up keeping the FM3 just because of how dense and obscure the interface is. Maybe once I start messing around in the software it will be easier to get what I want out of it. I still very much like the models in the HX Stomp, but there's no doubt that Fractal has them beat. The responsiveness and feel is all there in a way that it isn't with the Line6 but I'm not sold on whether its worth it, since I'm just jamming songs in my office.

landgrabber posted:

i will say it yet again:

people make fun of me for liking weezer, and then all the things they point out in my music as poo poo they like, is stuff that's really weezer influenced.

Weezer has one and a half great albums! Say It Aint So is a fun song to play. Shame about literally everything else they ever put out though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Skrill.exe posted:

Why couldn't Rivers just say no?

Because he knows he's a sinner.

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

800peepee51doodoo posted:

Weezer has one and a half great albums! Say It Aint So is a fun song to play. Shame about literally everything else they ever put out though

what i like the most that i can see in weezer is that the compositional procedures are very canonic.

look at the b-side mykel and carli. the intro has a little melody over the second half. if you listen closely, you can tell that the first half or so of the melody's notes are then kept for longer, with the note values increased, (so like, eighths instead of fourths now), as the A melody. the second part of that melody is used as a sort of refrain through the song. it exemplifies purposely enacted compositional techniques-- the sentence (motif, varied repetition, cadence), which is then varied and expanded in other sections. it's careful to keep cohesive yet varied, as much as possible.

also see in the garage, from blue. if you look at the chords, you can see how the sectional split (based on lyrics) is really really interesting, compared to how you would mark the form, based on the chord progressions. the intro part mirrors the chorus, so does the melody over it. I-V-ii-vi; I-V-IV-I (basically I but it cycles through some inversions and you might analyze that as some different harmonies or a pedal point or something. not exactly a schenkerian expert yet.

verse: IV-V-iv twice, IV-V, I, IV-I twice, V-vi twice. it's almost like the harmonic rhythm itself is syncopated, listening to what beats the chord changes fall on and stuff. the entire verse feels, itself, like a cadence where you just can't get back to the I chord -- even when the I chord appears in that verse, it falls on a weak beat. you only feel you're "home" when you've gotten to the chorus-- which very quickly runs away from the tonic, following the circle progression (I-V-ii-vi). and what adds to the verses almost feeling like cadence sections is that the choruses don't go back to the verses through a consonant interval, it gets back through step - Am, Am, G.

the song that completely changed the loving direction of my life was pink triangle, off pinkerton. i was 12 when i heard it, and puberty + gender dysphoria was starting to hit. so even though the lyrics on that album are almost the opposite of what i was feeling at the time, it was a similar level of disillusionment. that one's my favorite, and i adore its form:

the intro is actually the refrain, which comes after the chorus, but lacks a cadential phrase. the glockenspiel plays the first part of the sentence that forms the refrain, and after that, a little guitar line starts, that foreshadows the chorus melody, appearing before the refrain. i call them choruses + refrains but something fused is probably a better way to put it. i haven't studied fusion too much yet.

there's a modulation to to relative minor for the verse. i still think of it as a modulation, because the tonic note has a different letter name. anyway, you get to the chorus, no longer a refrain. if you listen closely, you can hear the melodies from the intro being used/developed in the chorus/refrain. only at the end of the refrain, there's a cadential extension, with a rhythmic change that was not there the first time, over a IV-I, IV-V-I. then he goes back to the intro, though half length, to get you back in the cycle, so it doesn't feel too resolved/needlessly long.

and while there are elements of these concepts in all music (hence why we still study it, or why these procedures were articulated in the first place), in lots of the blue/pinkerton songs, it feels very purposefully done. they're brilliantly constructed, but present themselves as everything else. it's really lovely, and in so many of the bands people tell me to listen to because "they also have crunchy guitars", they don't have nearly the amount of love and attention given to form.

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

anyway, i'm going to get a sandwich. i bought some feeler gauges today, finally, so i'm going to try to sort out my action (which has been a mile high for a while) once i get back

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

At the risk of causing GAS exposure, the MXR-AnalogMan collaboration "Duke of Tone" was officially announced. It seems to be a close relative of the Prince of Tone in a mini pedal footprint. Stores are accepting preorders for $150 (close to the price of the Prince of Tone), and there's a bunch of videos up on YouTube about it.

I've heard getting a Prince of Tone is more feasible than the 4+ year long wait for the King of Tone, but it involves camping the Analogman website on Wednesdays and hoping to snag one.

I saw this video on the Duke of Tone from Peach Guitars in the UK and thought it was interesting. It features some really nice playing and some discussion about how you would use one of these. Although famously based on the Marshal Bluesbreaker pedal (same as JHS Morning Glory), the video calls out that it isn't really "transparent" from an EQ perspective.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6GWJ7q2yl4

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Rivers' approach with the Catalog of Riffs and some of the algorithms and programs he's written are really interesting, but the output reminds me of when people were all excited about a fish playing Pokemon - randomly stumbling across a minor success with no way to grow from there. I wonder how much of the interesting stuff landgrabber posted was intentional and how much was happenstance.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

luchadornado posted:

I wonder how much of the interesting stuff landgrabber posted was intentional and how much was happenstance.

It's kind of irrelevant, knowing the theory is kind of just a way to get around not having the instincts. If someone writers something that sounds good and is interesting, theory wise but they don't actually know the theory it's not that they lucked into it, it's that they had the instincts to do something interesting.

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

luchadornado posted:

Rivers' approach with the Catalog of Riffs and some of the algorithms and programs he's written are really interesting, but the output reminds me of when people were all excited about a fish playing Pokemon - randomly stumbling across a minor success with no way to grow from there. I wonder how much of the interesting stuff landgrabber posted was intentional and how much was happenstance.

90's stuff was intentional, he was just writing stuff like everyone else did at that point.

and even then, all stuff like the Catalog of Riffs or his spreadsheets are is a glorified notebook of old material. just cause he uses a computer to sort the stuff by chord progression/bpm/syllable stress/time signature to sort through a billion ideas, that doesn't mean he's just pressing a button spitting out a song. the actual assembly still matters.

the stuff i mentioned is too cohesive and lines up too well with actual canonic composition procedures outlined by composers/music theorists to be a result of randomness

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

Baron von Eevl posted:

It's kind of irrelevant, knowing the theory is kind of just a way to get around not having the instincts. If someone writers something that sounds good and is interesting, theory wise but they don't actually know the theory it's not that they lucked into it, it's that they had the instincts to do something interesting.

i hate this narrative because it carries the implication that people who need music theory or use theoretical knowledge in the process of writing are lesser artists.

all theory does is show you what the possibilities in front of you are, and what the effects will be of choosing one of them. the order of assembly, the goal, expression, and especially the text, are still very much the choice of the artist.

and whenever anyone makes this claim, they never cite any great music written by people who don't know theory and actually just work on instinct. it's almost as if theory, methods, and clear process are actually required to express a clear vision

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Major Operation posted:

At the risk of causing GAS exposure, the MXR-AnalogMan collaboration "Duke of Tone" was officially announced. It seems to be a close relative of the Prince of Tone in a mini pedal footprint. Stores are accepting preorders for $150 (close to the price of the Prince of Tone), and there's a bunch of videos up on YouTube about it.

I've heard getting a Prince of Tone is more feasible than the 4+ year long wait for the King of Tone, but it involves camping the Analogman website on Wednesdays and hoping to snag one.

I saw this video on the Duke of Tone from Peach Guitars in the UK and thought it was interesting. It features some really nice playing and some discussion about how you would use one of these. Although famously based on the Marshal Bluesbreaker pedal (same as JHS Morning Glory), the video calls out that it isn't really "transparent" from an EQ perspective.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6GWJ7q2yl4

oh, thats pretty cool. i have a prince of tone and it sounds pretty good. and mxr always makes good stuff

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

landgrabber posted:

it carries the implication that people who need music theory or use theoretical knowledge in the process of writing are lesser artists
Musicians of all stripes want to succeed and many want to be recognized, right? I suspect musicians who "lack formal training" (music theory isn't that hard but it's hard enough) might worry about how their own legitimacy as artists might be judged. It's a thing, but I think there are motives among the people who spend a lot of time worrying about that from both perspectives. It's silly.

Really hoping things go well with this new band project. They want to put a show together and secure management this year for gigs next Spring. I'd like that. That would be plenty for me, anyway.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

I'm sorry, landgrabber - I know Weezer is your jam. I'm wondering out loud on why I've 180'd on them harder than pretty much any other band, because I used to adore them. Algorithms or not, Rivers will undoubtedly accomplish more musically than I ever will. Having actually done data science, machine learning, and all sorts of heuristics professionally over the years I have a personal belief that intuition has an organic beauty that is yet to be captured by machines - that may account for some of that 180. The timeline certainly lines up.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

landgrabber posted:

i hate this narrative because it carries the implication that people who need music theory or use theoretical knowledge in the process of writing are lesser artists.

Not at all, and all art takes hard work and practice but some people got a leg up and have great natural instincts so they don't have to work as hard. That doesn't mean they're better, and it doesn't mean they're less. I got real deep into the theory because my instincts are piss-poor.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

i'm building another strat, cause i'm a madman. it's going to be the sexiest guitar

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

I got a custom pedal from David Barber's B-Custom thing he's doing now and it's mighty fine. Great looking & great sounding pedal, based on his long discontinued UnLimiTeD circuit that I had one of the first runs of but had to sell it back in my rough years. He worked with me on exactly what to add to it to make it even neater, and went above and beyond what I asked for - really pleased with the results, and under $190 total. It even has a manual he wrote just for it to let me know what the extra switches and the internal pot all do. I don't know of many long-time builders who will go to that kind of trouble when a lot of companies' standard lineups of pedals cost $200 and up. I highly recommend his work, that dude is a legend & real cool. He helped me get past some old ways of thinking with my previously super hosed spine injury, too, really contributed to the success of my rehabilitation efforts with some advice he gave me back when I was first trying to change things and get some physical capability back. I'll always be grateful for that & glad to do business.

In not-such-a-cool-guy news, Fulltone is closing. Mike Fuller wrote about his employees in a real estate listing for his California premises as "DO NOT GO ON SITE! Employees not aware of sale," but then in what seems to be a dealer-facing communication insisted no one feel sorry for him because he's hella rich but lamented his heavy heart for his up-to-25-year employees. Goes out about like it went the whole time, briefly acknowledging Fulltone isn't profitable anymore but blaming it on Biden, bragging about his vintage gear collection and recent acquisition of a ranch in Nashville, and suggesting he'll be setting up a studio where musicians can finally experience things only he can afford. Nothing Fuller ever did before this point would lead you to expect anything more graceful than this, honestly.

As mentioned his stuff is pretty much impossible to find new almost anywhere now, and prices on Reverb have gone through the roof for everything. I'd argue part of what made Fulltone unprofitable was prices a lot lower than other U.S. manufacturers of pedals on a lot of his line, the absence of which removes downward pressure on used prices. Another contributing factor to folding was alienating a lot of his customers, artists, and Guitar Center / Musician's Friend as well as Reverb with his political and misogynistic comments in 2020. Plenty of people understandably want nothing to do with him after that.

I'll cop to getting a few Fulltone pedals on Reverb and MusicGoRound before the prices exploded, when this rumor first started, before dealers and distributors started confirming it and Fulltone's facebook noted they were selling the last of their pedals on their own web store yesterday. Now that it isn't enriching the guy, I'll admit I like how the OCD sounds a lot, and V2.01 is in my opinion an improvement as I like flatter response drives and distortions, and the Fulldrive 2 MOSFET was cool so when I saw one locally for $70 I grabbed it too. For those who want nothing to do with his brand even in its afterlife I hear Finch Electronics makes a great clone of the OCD in the Cotton Candy, and EHX has the Glove OD which is allegedly pretty close - just two off the top of my head, before you even get to the cheap Amazon marketplace knock offs like the Joyo Ultimate Drive or the Mooer Hustle Drive, though my experience is those ones don't sound right even if they do sound close.

I tried a Keeley Hydra today and gently caress I guess I gotta get one. My OBNE Visitor does some great weird tremolo effects but the Hydra is freaking cool and aimed at a less out-there realm of sounds that I want to have access to for recording also. I really dig the reverbs on it too. I think it's kinda competing with the Strymon Flint but going for different sounds than that, ones I think I prefer. Really like its vibe side too. I had waaaay too much fun zoning out while jamming with one in the store today.

Dr. Faustus posted:

Really hoping things go well with this new band project. They want to put a show together and secure management this year for gigs next Spring. I'd like that. That would be plenty for me, anyway.

I hope so too, man, rooting for you :)

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

oh, thats pretty cool. i have a prince of tone and it sounds pretty good. and mxr always makes good stuff

I am almost certain I'll get one of those - I love the MXR Timmy, it's a great take on the PaulC Timmy V2 and I use it very often. MXR doing mini versions of modified boutique circuits is a great move, I'm in for sure. Same with parent company Dunlop buying and reissuing things but smaller - their recent Red Llama v3 in the small enclosure is awesome, great Anderton Tube Sound Fuzz just like its forebears and I use it a lot too!

Agreed fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Sep 3, 2022

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Agreed posted:

"DO NOT GO ON SITE! Employees not aware of sale,"

Sounds about right

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Doubleposting for a fun game of identify the pedals!

I got a dano chicken salad and a boss digital delay of some sort on the right, along with an EVH edition phase 90 next to some kind of multi effects thing (zoom?). Is that a kaos pad on the left?

edit I think the green pedal center left is a dod/digitech, maybe the lamb series?

Baron von Eevl fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Sep 3, 2022

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
That's a Bad Monkey.

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

Baron von Eevl posted:

Doubleposting for a fun game of identify the pedals!

I got a dano chicken salad and a boss digital delay of some sort on the right, along with an EVH edition phase 90 next to some kind of multi effects thing (zoom?). Is that a kaos pad on the left?

edit I think the green pedal center left is a dod/digitech, maybe the lamb series?

The huge red thing toward the upper left is definitely this monstrosity.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Not to encourage GAS but SweetWater has a really good deal for $200 off AC10 and AC15 amps. I grabbed an AC15 because I’d been considering one for a while and this deal is too good to pass up. Plus they come in a sick blue color.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/AC15C1RB--vox-ac15c1-1-by-12-inch-15-watt-tube-combo-amp-royal-blue

User Error
Aug 31, 2006

Major Operation posted:

The huge red thing toward the upper left is definitely this monstrosity.

My god

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Scoff the festune

landgrabber posted:

all theory does is show you what the possibilities in front of you are, and what the effects will be of choosing one of them. the order of assembly, the goal, expression, and especially the text, are still very much the choice of the artist.

and whenever anyone makes this claim, they never cite any great music written by people who don't know theory and actually just work on instinct. it's almost as if theory, methods, and clear process are actually required to express a clear vision

Theory is a tool, not a requirement. There are tons of bands that make great music without formal music training. A lot of folks just learn pentatonic scale shapes and go from there. There's also a lot of guitarists that know theory backwards and forwards and make the most lifeless, boring music imaginable. There's a whole lot of paths to making music and there's nothing wrong with any of them if it leads to good music. There's no right way or wrong way to make art. That said, the vast majority of players benefit from studying at least some theory because very few have the natural talent and drive to reinvent the wheel on their own.

Also, re: weezer, I'm glad you get so much out of their music and that it encourages you to do deep dive analysis of how they made it. People just clown around about them because they are so notorious for having this major breakout album and then fizzling out super hard on everything after. And Rivers' whole, you know *waves hands around* everything

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

800peepee51doodoo posted:

People just clown around about them because they are so notorious for having this major breakout album and then fizzling out super hard on everything after. And Rivers' whole, you know *waves hands around* everything

It's funny, because some of their album sales and chart placements were better as they went on.

Their show I saw in 2006 is in my bottom tier of live shows I've ever seen. For the love of god, do not ask someone from the audience to come up and play "Sweater Song" and then urge them to continue trying (unsuccessfully) for what seemed like 10 minutes. But they're still up there with Smashing Pumpkins as the soundtrack to my teen years laying in bed listening to "Soma" and "Only in Dreams" and wondering if the girl I like knows I like her and other dumb poo poo. The Blue Album is something special.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I'm gonna try building a pedal board. I don't have that many pedals. All the ones I have are Behringer or NUX. Anyways pedal boards are expensive. Buying all the wood, a miter box, clamps, glue, and screws is still a significant savings over buying a pedal board here.

Edit: I'm twice LG's age and many of my friends in high school looooooved Weezer. I wasn't into it but it was like, THE band among the like, artsy theater kids. I'm pretty sure there's at least one logo tattoo among that clique. I was more into KoRn. lol.

Hellblazer187 fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Sep 3, 2022

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
Goons are all extremely of the age to have been listening to Blue/Pinkerton at an impressionable age and then had their teeth kicked in by Beverly Hills at the same time as life and everything else started kicking their teeth in. They're just the Phantom Menace of bands.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I had a bunch of friends that were into Weezer, being nearly 40, and in college a buddy of mine was planning to put together a one-night-only band to play Pinkerton from beginning to end but that never came together. I used to work with a girl who had a weezer tattoo on her wrist, beyond Rivers her favorite songwriter was Morrissey so that's a big yikes.

edit the singer of my band from highschool was really into Green so we did a cover of hashpipe. I remember we played some festival slot and they had a real strict "no drug references" rule so we changed it to "hashbrowns"

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Baron von Eevl posted:

I used to work with a girl who had a weezer tattoo on her wrist, beyond Rivers her favorite songwriter was Morrissey so that's a big yikes.

Just because he’s an embarrassing Nazi now in his dotage doesn’t mean that Morrissey wasn’t, at one point, an amazing and vital songwriter—particularly for queer kids

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

landgrabber posted:

the only theory you need is harmolodics

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

darkwasthenight posted:

Goons are all extremely of the age to have been listening to Blue/Pinkerton at an impressionable age and then had their teeth kicked in by Beverly Hills at the same time as life and everything else started kicking their teeth in. They're just the Phantom Menace of bands.

My buddy who used to give me a ride to school before I got my license was super into Weezer, since like 9th grade maybe, and we graduated HS the year Make Believe came out so it was all the old stuff. That dude shaped a whole side of my music tastes, though we butted heads over whether prog was awesome (it is awesome, eat poo poo prog haters). Listen things got a little out of hand there at the end, but listen to Flight Of The Snow Goose some time.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Sep 3, 2022

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Ok Comboomer posted:

Just because he’s an embarrassing Nazi now in his dotage doesn’t mean that Morrissey wasn’t, at one point, an amazing and vital songwriter—particularly for queer kids

Yeah this.

Wowporn
May 31, 2012

HarumphHarumphHarumph
The terror stamp is fun so far, I kind of appreciate that the eq being a single “shape” knob forces you to not overthink it too much (it would maybe suck if it was just purely a “mids on/off” switch but it seems like it does more than just that).

My only gripe with it is that if you go above like 7 on the volume it starts fizzing/clipping really badly. That might not be an issue for a lot of people but since my loadbox is 16 ohms and I use pretty small amps I have to run them kind of high to hit that target -6 db in my daw, so it took some balancing

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I still can't believe that the August is Falling EP is actually so loving good.

God drat and/or bless you, Pat Finnerty.

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
the first song i ever sang in public was Say It Ain’t So, i’m definitely weezer-aged

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Kazinsal posted:

I still can't believe that the August is Falling EP is actually so loving good.

God drat and/or bless you, Pat Finnerty.

The joke is that Pat is going to get his hot tub, but not because of zoomers (who can spot an industry plant a mile away) but because of guitar nerds streaming his poo poo over and over "ironically".

What's a hot tub cost over there? 4-5K? I don't know about YouTube ad rates, but that works out about 1M streams on Spotify which is totally doable.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Time for more tales from the dumpster

This is a Mitchell something or other not sure the exact model.

The neck has broken at a scarf joint should glue back together just fine. Still has the plastic film on all the plastic pieces, and the finish looks prefect.

I'm sure the pickups aren't the greatest but should be fine for going chugga-chugga.

I have a Jackson star shaped body that if the scale lengths and neck pocket line up this might donate its parts to it.

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

Ok Comboomer posted:

yeah he wrote like three albums' worth of great poetry and vocal melodies. that's not nothing!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Mooer has a headphone amp that has a four button wireless pedal controller. These are heady times.

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Scoff the festune

Agreed posted:

we butted heads over whether prog was awesome (it is awesome, eat poo poo prog haters)

:hmmyes:

widefault
Mar 16, 2009

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Mooer has a headphone amp that has a four button wireless pedal controller. These are heady times.

I had just the headphone amp(Prime P1), it was not very good. The software interface is terrible, and you really need it because the presets are terrible. It also sounds like a cheap headphone amp. Better as a multi-effect into an amp, but you need to use the app to turn off the amp and cab modeling for that to sound good. It also was in a cheap plastic housing. And a really bad manual, so I ended up spending a bunch if time trying to figure out what did what.

For $150 by itself, really not worth it. At the ~$125 price it shows up for it's better, but I'd spend the money on another Mustang Micro. Not as tweakable, but sounds great out of the box and barely needs a manual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

For Logic Pro goons; what are the settings and guitar effects that you're using? I'm very new to the software, and guitar playing in general. Wanting to get a very heavy metal sound but have been unhappy with what is included with Logic Pro, and I'm wondering if I just don't understand all of the settings, and need to tweak things. I just don't know where to look or start.