Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

https://twitter.com/janecoaston/status/1565664512568705025

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Blue Footed Booby posted:

When did the libertarians mostly go away? Did they all tox for Ron Paul?

SA was born in 1999, so probably sometime circa 2015-2017

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

the holy poopacy posted:

SA was born in 1999, so probably sometime circa 2015-2017

LOL.

But for real SA was already pretty leftwing when I joined in 2009.

Fat Dan
Jul 10, 2022

HELLO
https://twitter.com/DanielCherny/status/1566001609477619713

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

^^^ uh... do I want to know more?

Leon Sumbitches posted:

I don't even know how to describe the melodic instrument -- detuned sad clown horn?

It's from a while back, but it sounds like the soundtrack to a joke boss in LISA: the Painful

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
https://twitter.com/beef_skeleton/status/1566274942991486976?t=faG11Dyo9CXI1iovVonc2w&s=19

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Well, yeah, didn't Anthony Keidis really not get along with John Frusciante or something?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Samovar posted:

^^^ uh... do I want to know more?

It's from a while back, but it sounds like the soundtrack to a joke boss in LISA: the Painful

Every boss in LISA is a joke boss

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
https://twitter.com/RaxKingIsDead/status/1565861270687023105

https://twitter.com/alyankovic/status/1566161978267418624

https://twitter.com/KathleenBednar_/status/1566170540250906626

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Usually I think more about that other RHCP song that goes

"hup glubba, ramma lamma dibba, rim-tim-tiddle a lamma dubba dippa!"

or whatever

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

My problem with RHCP is i listen to them and think "dang i wish i knew what state these guys were from. wish they'd subtly slip that in somewhere."

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

projecthalaxy posted:

My problem with RHCP is i listen to them and think "dang i wish i knew what state these guys were from. wish they'd subtly slip that in somewhere."

yeah you're right, i have trouble figuring it out. i think they're from Vermont? or maybe Guam, IDK.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mister Speaker posted:

or whatever

It's a love affair. Thank you Jesus

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

projecthalaxy posted:

Michigan?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Thread
https://twitter.com/tayler_cc/status/1565744454203473924?s=20&t=jWgFxZ3_zC9RbbTl13VsVw

I've known dudes like this and while I didn't interview the women they slept with about why they did, I knew they weren't sleeping with them for the looks, money or personality.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

rhcp would rise in my esteem if they played jon daly's parody song in a concert. bonus if it's an encore

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The whole thread's worth reading but drat is it nice to see someone have a bit of success.

https://twitter.com/grovymango/status/1566073351478689793

MagpieConcept
Feb 6, 2022

Warbird posted:

Sorry, who is Clara?

Keffals on twitter, target of one of the most recent doxxes. Literally doxxed her by looking at pictures of a cat to identify the hotel room's sheets, just insane stuff.

Here is a good (old) tweet

https://twitter.com/taiapo_/status/1264494540905316352

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Facebook Aunt posted:

Sorry sir your fingers are too fat to be a bartender. You'll have to settle for becoming king.

Holy heart failure!

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

Mister Speaker posted:

or whatever

Also in Around the World when he just says “ding dang dong-dong ding dang dong-dong ding dang”.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

dialhforhero posted:

Also in Around the World when he just says “ding dang dong-dong ding dang dong-dong ding dang”.
who can forget his ballad lyrics like
"lumtime da peel lata doan abba podnuh
lumtime da peel laat mao lee pren
lid duh tiddy ah libbih, luh tiddy ub aindell"

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/mishiebhat/status/1566091499133075456

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

projecthalaxy posted:

My problem with RHCP is i listen to them

gonna be honest, this is very much a "you" problem.

I was once lightly roasted on-air by a local DJ for commenting on their social media "can you please stop playing RHCP and Sublime multiple times an hour, it loving sucks"

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/WeirdMedieval/status/1566022620604239872

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
All of you complaining about Red Hot Chili Peppers and Sublime as if Imagine Dragons wasn’t RIGHT THERE

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

AlbieQuirky posted:

All of you complaining about Red Hot Chili Peppers and Sublime as if Imagine Dragons wasn’t RIGHT THERE

I mean they suck too but they don’t have the same weird cultural cachet that the other two do

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

AlbieQuirky posted:

Imagine Dragons successfully hit the midpoint between Moby and Nickelback where no one outside of the blandest motherfuckers on Earth will say they like them, but getting rageful feels like getting mad at IKEA Furniture-- you can, and there are legitimate reasons to, but it feels more like a "what's the deal with airline food?" bit.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

mind the walrus posted:

Imagine Dragons successfully hit the midpoint between Moby and Nickelback where no one outside of the blandest motherfuckers on Earth will say they like them, but getting rageful feels like getting mad at IKEA Furniture-- you can, and there are legitimate reasons to, but it feels more like a "what's the deal with airline food?" bit.

whereas sublime for example has Sublime Guy, the wraparound sunglasses selfie bradley nowell RIP tattooed sublime ebay rarity dealer. and myriad equivalent generic sublime guys

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Imagine dragons is one of those things were I feel like how people treat it depends on where you are. If you go by online comments you would think no one likes them, but in real life it’s much much different.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

RHCP's Dani California was in one of the Rock Bands (i think 2) and back when I played that regularly I could reliably FC the vocals and guitar simultaneously, which passed for a party trick at the garbage 2010 parties i went to

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

Imagine dragons is one of those things were I feel like how people treat it depends on where you are. If you go by online comments you would think no one likes them, but in real life it’s much much different.
I stand by my statement about the blandest motherfuckers on earth. Nothing against ID or the fans of them either, in fact ID is reported to be some of the nicest guys to work with in the live industry, just... the types of people for whom the ritual of communal affirmation "I love this song!" is far more important than whatever totem they're affirming "Which song?" "The one we all recognize and agree is the song!" Y'know-- happy people without major deviation from their norm. Imagine Dragons sits very comfortably in that niche for such people, and that's why hate on them says more about the hater than the hated, which is rare.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

whereas sublime for example has Sublime Guy, the wraparound sunglasses selfie bradley nowell RIP tattooed sublime ebay rarity dealer. and myriad equivalent generic sublime guys

Sitting at the pool reading this post and Santeria starts playing from the lifeguard’s Bluetooth speaker thing and it genuinely freaked me out a little

O_o

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

I went out to dinner the other night and halfway through a Sublime cover band started playing and neither of the two members could have been over 26 so it at least speaks to someone while I won't believe that about imagine dragons. It's super bland Midwestern mom poo poo like Train. Impossible to even have a real opinion of at all.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

mind the walrus posted:

I stand by my statement about the blandest motherfuckers on earth. Nothing against ID or the fans of them either, in fact ID is reported to be some of the nicest guys to work with in the live industry, just... the types of people for whom the ritual of communal affirmation "I love this song!" is far more important than whatever totem they're affirming "Which song?" "The one we all recognize and agree is the song!" Y'know-- happy people without major deviation from their norm. Imagine Dragons sits very comfortably in that niche for such people, and that's why hate on them says more about the hater than the hated, which is rare.

Sir this is a Denny's the tweets thread

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

who can forget his ballad lyrics like
"lumtime da peel lata doan abba podnuh
lumtime da peel laat mao lee pren
lid duh tiddy ah libbih, luh tiddy ub aindell"

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/ThePunnyWorld/status/1566065241183633413

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"
Imagine Dragon deez nuts across your face

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Imagine Dragons will only be known for a few hits in this decade essentially. They will not have the lasting cultural impact of RHCP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Meat gives meat, it says