Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit

bob dobbs is dead posted:

it doesnt have a doubled consonant in korean either, which is the funny thing

consonants w doubling have a material phonetic difference, 까 is pronounced noticeably different from 가, and 종가 is a 가

is korean worth learning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
fully owned subsidiary of daesang corp, which also owns chungjeongone and miwon brands and is like the second largest lysine producer or some poo poo. and the largest dextrose producer!

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

slurm posted:

is korean worth learning

if you are ethnically korean yes. otherwise no, everyone korean who ventures out of korea mostly knows english

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit

if you are ethnically korean yes. otherwise no, everyone korean who ventures out of korea mostly knows english

that's what i kind of figured. the writing looks really cool tho

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the writing was designed by a government committee in the 15th century to be trivial to learn. so learn away. the language is about the most different from english you can get and still have an industrial civilized society using it

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit

the writing was designed by a government committee in the 15th century to be trivial to learn.

that's cool as hell, no wonder from what i've read it actually makes sense

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Picked up a propane patio heater so I can sit outside while it cools off, but tonight the air is pretty smokey.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
hangeul was also dead for a few centuries before they started having european state-style nationalism in korea and they realized that it was hella good for doing nationalism with. you can deffo use it to hate on the japanese specifically, useful in the colonial era

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

fully owned subsidiary of daesang corp, which also owns chungjeongone and miwon brands and is like the second largest lysine producer or some poo poo. and the largest dextrose producer!

Well if they hope to keep all the resurrected dinos in check, I'd hope they have enough lysine.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Always appreciate your knowledge of Korean things, bob dobbs (the one with four "b"s)

:c00l::respek::c00l:

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

god I wish they would stock furikake. makes rice and popcorn infinitely better. I'm glad they have chili crisp now, but I'm a laoganma person, sorry

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Bought two 12-packs of the Kirkland cold brew after having bought a few from the corner store to check them out. I love them! I drink strong black coffee and have a ridiculously high caffeine tolerance, so I have to be careful and limit myself to two at a time.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Bibliotechno Music posted:

Bought two 12-packs of the Kirkland cold brew after having bought a few from the corner store to check them out. I love them! I drink strong black coffee and have a ridiculously high caffeine tolerance, so I have to be careful and limit myself to two at a time.

I've been drinking these in the mornings lately since it's so hot and humid.

Very good stuff and leads into my morning toilet session nicely.

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit

Chinatown posted:

I've been drinking these in the mornings lately since it's so hot and humid.

Very good stuff and leads into my morning toilet session nicely.

The jaguar just drags those poops out with its mighty claws

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Poop postin right now, in fact.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Picked up the Costco Wine Advent Calendar this week. On the skid for $139, but Ohio has some wine rule that it's 10% off with a case purchase and this qualifies as a case, so :toot:

I haven't opened it, but it is MUCH more substantial than the Aldi wine advent calendar we've done the past couple years. Here's hoping.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

slurm posted:

The jaguar just drags those poops out with its mighty claws

:haibrower:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Anyone got a Costco workbench? Been looking at the wheeled dealies. Probably the 31 or 48 inch wide one since I live in an apartment.

https://www.costco.com/trinity-48%22-x-26%22-stainless-steel-workbench.product.100481979.html

Looks quite nice but they're pretty pricey. I'm currently using a MDF target desk as a workbench as it sucks rear end

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

You could put a lot of kimchi jars on that badboy but you should really refrigerate them

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

PokeJoe posted:

Anyone got a Costco workbench? Been looking at the wheeled dealies. Probably the 31 or 48 inch wide one since I live in an apartment.

https://www.costco.com/trinity-48%22-x-26%22-stainless-steel-workbench.product.100481979.html

Looks quite nice but they're pretty pricey. I'm currently using a MDF target desk as a workbench as it sucks rear end

They are insanely expensive and you should just make your own as your first project

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

PokeJoe posted:

Compare them to the offerings at Lowes and Home Depot. Harbor freight has a similar one but it's only 18" deep. The Home Depot ones are about 500-600 for the same size as the one you linked.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

PokeJoe posted:

Do you care about the wheels?

Just buy a fuckin table and put a tool chest under it.

Womblemania
Sep 4, 2022

by Hand Knit

Smugworth posted:

You could put a lot of kimchi jars on that badboy but you should really refrigerate them

your custom title is apt

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

My costco now has Jongga, and on sale too. Grabbed two for a total of four gs.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I've had kimchi once before when I was like 16 that my friend's (a goon) mom (Korean) made. I don't remember liking it but my palate has increased dramatically with age.

I should try it again but I would have to find something to use it on.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

You can just eat it by itself

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Shear Modulus posted:

You can just eat it by itself

Like a side dish thing? I equate it to sauerkraut because that's pretty big here in WI but that's just used to put on brats and stuff.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
your default korean meal is rice, soup, and 2 - 70 side dishes, kimchi one of them. 70 is for special occasions and haute cuisine, realistically 8 tops

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Directly out of the tub.

Womblemania
Sep 4, 2022

by Hand Knit

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I've had kimchi once before when I was like 16 that my friend's (a goon) mom (Korean) made. I don't remember liking it but my palate has increased dramatically with age.

I should try it again but I would have to find something to use it on.

Just go to a korean BBQ place and pile the meats high and theyll give u endless kimchi to wash it down with

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Fried rice

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

kimchi is good with so many things its not just a side

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Just eat it out of the jar with a fork you fool

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Jongga (the one with two "g"s)

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
On plain rice even is good

I bought one of those jars and I did check it and it is the one with the 2 g's lol and I chop it up fine and toss it in my green salads instead of dressings

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Hell yeah Spinz

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Smugworth posted:

Just eat it out of the jar with a fork you fool

I'm assuming this will probably be the result if I like it, which I'm guessing I will.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
it's so Goddamn hot

costco geniuses plz recommend a cooling system for the bedroom. Pref less than $200, portable is nice

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

A fan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Costco had AC window units last year that fit the bill. I got a 12000 BTU unit for like $250 and the 8000 BTU unit was even cheaper