Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Ytlaya posted:

The clothes and faces make the difference, though. Particularly the faces, since NPCs are pretty goofy with the degree of sameface.

Now I have to wonder if the "bird statues slide around stage but voice act their hearts out this super detailed script" sidequest in the GAA event was meant to be a preemptive self-deprecating poke at the Dunyarzad/Rana plotlines, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
New gadget seems useful

Is this the new "How I achieved greatness on a sonic bed" article? The writer likes anime and far-right memes I wonder what corner of the internet they hail from. :jerkbag:

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Sanctum posted:

New gadget seems useful

I wonder if you get a bonus bonus if you use it as Itto.

/edit - I tried it with Itto. Looks like you do get a bonus.

Maxwell Adams fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Sep 5, 2022

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Maxwell Adams posted:

I wonder if you get a bonus bonus if you use it as Itto.

/edit - I tried it with Itto. Looks like you do get a bonus.

gently caress yeah itto and i are gonna get major wood

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Now, if only they made a similar gadget for fishing.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

BoldFace posted:

Now, if only they made a similar gadget for fishing.

I just got 3 ornamental raimei angelfish in a row. Thanks for the help thoma

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Can thomas dupe ornamentals?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Apparently he can because he just did

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Struggling to get to Rep 2 in Sumeru, I'm cheating now and looking up the available quests. What're the short ones?

I've already done:
  • Through Mists of Smoke and Forests Dark
  • The Morn a Thousand Roses Brings
  • The Price
  • Adventure Takes Courage!
  • The Path of Papers
  • Even Beasts Stumble
  • Where Are the Fierce Creatures?

I've managed to scrape up one exploration reward and I'm working on the various Aranyaka quests and subquests. Just got the Dendrograna song for the harp. I just need three more quests knocked out and I can start doing bounties and requests.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sanctum posted:

Is this the new "How I achieved greatness on a sonic bed" article? The writer likes anime and far-right memes I wonder what corner of the internet they hail from. :jerkbag:
wait, what? the writers an idiot but they arent some alt-right weirdo theyre just a really clumsy writer, the reference to the npc meme in that article isnt positive

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

well that sure is a goblet for yelan i guess :prepop:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Mix. posted:

well that sure is a goblet for yelan i guess :prepop:

She wants a hydro goblet. Maybe a good diona or Kuki goblet.

edit: or maybe not. I guess it depends on her bow /artifact set

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Sep 5, 2022

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Sanctum posted:

New gadget seems useful

We really need a guide on where to use the drat thing for the most effect. Bamboo has never been hard to gather, but I'd like to know the best place for the new trees.

Kind mad that it "harvests" the wood instead of just giving it to you. Meaning that you have to move around to use it on the same tree over and over. Harvesting my wood by afk macroing.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
Most eosf users do prefer an elemental goblet unless they get extra total damage from ER like mona and raiden do, but excellent substats and being on set can make up the difference.

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

BARTHOLOMEW THEODOSUS IS NOT AMUSED

RareAcumen posted:

Struggling to get to Rep 2 in Sumeru, I'm cheating now and looking up the available quests. What're the short ones?

I've already done:
  • Through Mists of Smoke and Forests Dark
  • The Morn a Thousand Roses Brings
  • The Price
  • Adventure Takes Courage!
  • The Path of Papers
  • Even Beasts Stumble
  • Where Are the Fierce Creatures?

Is there a site that's actually good about telling you WHERE to find these? I was poking around for the same thing earlier today, and couldn't find anything useful for the same purpose (building up that reputation exp).

Mild aside: threw like five rolls at the Zhongli banner. Ended up getting Jean since I was near pity. Maybe I'll figure out a use for her. At least now I can save all my primos for Nilou.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

AParadox posted:

Most eosf users do prefer an elemental goblet unless they get extra total damage from ER like mona and raiden do, but excellent substats and being on set can make up the difference.

I went to the math section on when they were calculating HP gob vs hydro gob for Yelan. Basically, if Yelan is using a weapon (or an artifact set like EoSF with a high ER) that gives her a high DMG% bonus, then an HP Gob will beat out a hydro goblet by a small amount (about 1-2%). If the substats are much better on HP goblet (they are much easier to get), then it will win out in those circumstances.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

My Yelan has a HP circlet, though that's partly because it's ridiculously good. I tried substituting it with a really good CDMG one, but it was noticably worse.

Her artifacts in general are very nice. Had some good luck. Also have both her skill and burst at 10; probably my single most built character.

HP Circlet
9.3 CRIT %
19.4 CDMG %
5.8 ATK%
568 HP

Hydro Goblet
7 CRIT %
7 CDMG %
15.2 HP%
508 HP

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
Do I need to change my raiden build for quicken with tighnari? She's currently built with ER% for burst damage but do I maybe want to switch her to Millelith set for support?

tread-softly
May 31, 2013

ReverendHammer posted:

Is there a site that's actually good about telling you WHERE to find these? I was poking around for the same thing earlier today, and couldn't find anything useful for the same purpose (building up that reputation exp).

I usually go through the list of world quests for the region on the wiki. I'm pretty astonished that the "Genshin guide" space is so dominated by individual youtubers, nearly two years out.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Lobsterpillar posted:

Do I need to change my raiden build for quicken with tighnari? She's currently built with ER% for burst damage but do I maybe want to switch her to Millelith set for support?

Depends who else you're running with. I think she's fine keeping her standard gear for when it's her time to do DPS. The bulk of her support comes from just being a reliable off-field enabler. She certainly has the option of using Millelith or the Dendro set if you don't plan on using her burst much, but that seems like a big sacrifice to me. If she's already doing the 4th most damage on your team, though, go for it.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Dendro and the new artifact sets made team building weird

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

I am also SO CLOSE to lv 2 reputation, I just need two quests to get over the finish line. Unfortunately it seems like EVERYTHING that isn't Aranara is locked behind Aranara...

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Two weeks in and finally have all the mats and items for collei/dori/tighnari level 81. Can't believe it's happening all over again in 3.1 with Cyno+Candace and more new ascension mats, they are not making this easy...

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I'm still not sure how I want to build Yelan.

I had this build going for a while because I already had some good HoD artifacts. It works great, but I thought I should finish off her EoSF set.

I've been trying to make it work but I'm just not quite getting the rolls I want.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Maxwell Adams posted:

I'm still not sure how I want to build Yelan.
Yelan does decent damage and you should try to build her dmg, but ultimately her hydro application is most important and with 200% ER you should be fine. With such a low a refinement and no crit rate circlets it's gonna tough to get many particles. Could always try the recurve bow and an ER sands but it's probably not worth prying any ER severed fate off someone that needs it more.

I'm curious how many of you still have crap artifacts like crit rate circlets with only 2 useful substats? Any other universal mainstat artifact I would mulch if it had less than 3 good substats, but crit rate circlets man... I've only found 2 crit circlets that rolled into a 3rd useful substat.

Statistically I should have 3 dendro goblets by now :argh:

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Like grandpappy always said: if it ain't double crit it's poo poo

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
Finally leveled Jean to 80, slapped some artifacts on her and now I can't stop launching things with her skill, it's just so dang fun.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ReverendHammer posted:

Mild aside: threw like five rolls at the Zhongli banner. Ended up getting Jean since I was near pity. Maybe I'll figure out a use for her. At least now I can save all my primos for Nilou.

I've been checking game8 and trying to figure out which ones are short and also don't require any or much Aranyaka progress.

https://game8.co/games/Genshin-Impact/archives/387498

Kale
May 14, 2010

So apparently Mihoyo clean sweeped a fan vote for national IP in China with Genshin, Honkai and Tears of Themis in 1st 2nd and 3rd but the organizers apparently decided they prefer Game for Peace better and somehow added over 250K votes to get it to 2nd place and bump Tears of Themis to 4th in the final selection. I guess they don't like the idea of one publisher dominating and leaving Tencent out of the picture or maybe just don't want to have a game like Tears of Themis getting an award since it doesnt fit the CCPs vision of depictions of men in games. Yeah though Mihoyo has clearly struck a chord in China in particular coming from pretty average roots to effectively shut out even Tencent from top 3 ips in 2021 as voted by fans.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Kale posted:

Ei was the badass wargod and ultimate weapon of Inazuma I thought. Makoto was the politician with a bit of combat experience with the sword apparently but nowhere near Ei.

ye, Ei lived most of her life, up till Makoto's death, as her "shadow". She basically sat out of the spotlight, except when people needed to get dropped, in which case, she took over Makoto's role in leading the military to stab some motherfuckers. She's repeatedly shown to be very inexperienced when it comes to social interactions, since she's a meathead that spends far too much time thinking about fighting. When she does focus on learning something, she does excel at it, after putting in the effort.

I mean, her first action when her sister died was to start learning to make a robot that would make all the decisions for her, since she didn't trust herself to consistently make the right ones. Her best friend constantly chastises her for being a dope, and she doesn't even TRY to correct her. She knows she's not the best ruler for Inazuma, but at the end of her story arc, she's resolved to do her best, nonetheless. Ei's a interesting character, to be sure.

Also, just fyi, Ei might have -DIED- during the Archon War, to be resurrected by Makoto upon being an archon. There's a very odd book out there that supposes this as a reality, in any case.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

And somehow Ei did all this without understanding the concept of a picture... truly impressive.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

No Wave posted:

And somehow Ei did all this without understanding the concept of a picture... truly impressive.

...the kamera is a relatively recent invention in Teyvat, you know.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Theres potential nahida data files in game already that may point to some of her kit

she apparently has a hold button ability and an alternate sprint. Given how much flight is emphasized in sumeru I wonder if its going to be represented with nahida gliding when sprinting

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Kale posted:

So apparently Mihoyo clean sweeped a fan vote for national IP in China with Genshin, Honkai and Tears of Themis in 1st 2nd and 3rd but the organizers apparently decided they prefer Game for Peace better and somehow added over 250K votes to get it to 2nd place and bump Tears of Themis to 4th in the final selection. I guess they don't like the idea of one publisher dominating and leaving Tencent out of the picture or maybe just don't want to have a game like Tears of Themis getting an award since it doesnt fit the CCPs vision of depictions of men in games. Yeah though Mihoyo has clearly struck a chord in China in particular coming from pretty average roots to effectively shut out even Tencent from top 3 ips in 2021 as voted by fans.

On a quick google search for Tears of Themis the guys look more 'manly' than most of the playable Genshin guys, especially given Venti is probably the posterboard so I'm going to go with they just didn't want one dev getting a clean sweep. Unless the actual game of Themis is just full of Venti clones or something.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Theres potential nahida data files in game already that may point to some of her kit

she apparently has a hold button ability and an alternate sprint. Given how much flight is emphasized in sumeru I wonder if its going to be represented with nahida gliding when sprinting

Oooor - sprinting while gliding :hellyeah:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eimi posted:

On a quick google search for Tears of Themis the guys look more 'manly' than most of the playable Genshin guys, especially given Venti is probably the posterboard so I'm going to go with they just didn't want one dev getting a clean sweep. Unless the actual game of Themis is just full of Venti clones or something.

nah the guys in themis are like, pretty boys but not that girly

ofc the 'chinese depiction of men in video games' thing is also vastly overblown

Kale
May 14, 2010

Eimi posted:

Who knows, it's just pretty blatant when a game is voted in 4th place by like 200K votes difference with the visibly 3rd place one yet somehow is considered 2nd overall and leap frogs 2 spots in the "official" tally. :lol:

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Just completed the Raiden chapter 2 story this weekend and yeah it is much better than part 1 in terms of story, how it conveys things, and just doing some weird and unique storytelling that makes both the concept of 'Archon of Eternity' seem cooler and actually has a fun boss fight.
Also folks who remember that Ei was the hot headed warrior but not much else are remembering it better.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It works because part 2 Ei is her basically realizing how badly she hosed up and that she's a giga trash archon. Was odd having the part 1 characterization floating around for 18 weeks between 2.1 and 2.4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I kinda liked part 1. I thought it was funny. Especially because I didn't expect her to be a comedic character at all.