Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

euphronius posted:

In real life I don’t think any normal person could even swing a sword at Sauron .

I agree but I think you got the wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J
Jun 10, 2001

Unfortunately most mapping-based farm strategies in this game are going to involve bulk selling things if you want to make any money. Palsteron has a good video on how to bulk sell stuff here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7r3yd9yrVc, most of it is about bulk selling out of your tabs and not on TFT although it does cover TFT selling as well. The main tl;dw takeaway is to use fractions when pricing things you need to sell in bulk so that people can't message you for only 1 item at a time. The secondary takeaway is that some items are worth more per unit the more of them you have for sale, like essences/scarabs, and some items are worth less, like blight oils.

Examples of how to use fractions to price items:

Price 25/5 chaos orb = you want to sell 5 copies of something for 25 chaos orbs, or 5c per unit
Price 25/25 chaos orb = you want to sell 25 copies of something for 25 chaos orbs, or 1c per unit
Price 1/5 chaos orb = you want to sell 5 copies of something for 1 chaos, or .2c per unit
Price 1/50000 divine orb = you want to sell 50,000 copies of something for 1 divine orb (think rogue markers)

Using fractions like this is how you show up on the bulk trading section of the trade site, and how you control the size of the increments of the slider on the site. So using the above examples, if you have an essence priced at 25/5 chaos orb, the slider bar will increment by 5 items and 25c at a time. So 25c for 5, 50c for 10, etc. Buyers can't message you to buy 1 essence for 5c unless they manually edit the message and if they do that you ignore them.

So again using essences and the essence tab as an example because they are great this league. Upgrade all your baby tier essences to shrieking. Price all of your shrieking and deafening essences in bulk, using fractions as shown above. You'll have to do some research to figure out what prices to use. Poe.ninja prices are generally reflective of single-unit trades and not bulk trades, so use the bulk section of the trade site and check out who has comparable quantity to sell as you do and price off of that instead of poe.ninja. Remember that the more essences you have, the more you can charge per unit. It takes some up front effort for the initial pricing, but once you have your essence tab priced, then you're just ctrl clicking your essences in there and the more you have, the more appealing your offer becomes. People generally want to buy lots of essences at a time so it typically does not take too many trades to get your stuff sold.

You can use these same principles for every single type of stash tab. Scarabs, fragments, maps, and so on. You can also sell stuff this way in generic premium tabs as well if you don't have the specialized tabs, it's just messier. Also you can sell all your gumball currencies this way so that people come to you instead of you going crazy trying to message 50 people to buy a divine for chaos.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Jinnigan posted:

whats the easiest laziest bosser i can make for like 10div?

Rage vortex comes online right around that much. It will one-shot elder's first phase.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

J posted:

Examples of how to use fractions to price items:

Price 25/5 chaos orb = you want to sell 5 copies of something for 25 chaos orbs, or 5c per unit
Price 25/25 chaos orb = you want to sell 25 copies of something for 25 chaos orbs, or 1c per unit
Price 1/5 chaos orb = you want to sell 5 copies of something for 1 chaos, or .2c per unit
Price 1/50000 divine orb = you want to sell 50,000 copies of something for 1 divine orb (think rogue markers)

i am a loving idiot and after years of doing this i still have to look up which way the fraction goes pretty much every time lol

Goreban Dallas 2.0
Jan 4, 2019

Is there a reason not to upgrade shrieking to deafening?

ZyrKx
Dec 10, 2006

Licorice Whip!

Goreban Dallas 2.0 posted:

Is there a reason not to upgrade shrieking to deafening?

It depends on the essence, for some of them shrieking sells for half the price of deafening, but it takes 3 shrieking to upgrade to 1 deafening. For others deafening sells for more than three times the price so it's better to upgrade.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Awesome! posted:

i am a loving idiot and after years of doing this i still have to look up which way the fraction goes pretty much every time lol

God me too. I always try to remember it as "how much do i want / for this many things" but it never sticks

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Captain Foo posted:

Happy to report i finally got around to maps today

I ran my first one and then ctd on portaling back

Same and also same? I got a few weird errors I'd never seen before.

Maybe we can synchronize our Uber labs sometime this week depending :black101:

I think I'm 71 now and still just using scuffed leveling gear and 3000 life, but feel pretty tanky because am jugg.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Vincent Valentine posted:

I'm gonna go ahead and post my PoB for my consecrated path elementalist, but with a huge caveat: it ain't great. https://pobb.in/FDnFzTEhXpIC

Are there any synergies I'm missing besides the Heraldry cluster notable to justify the massive expense of going quad Herald? I think Larry is right (hosed up) and Voidforge is a bad idea if only because all the good sword nodes are on the other side of the tree. I quickly whipped up this, should be stupid durable: https://pobb.in/MVqDmbkSs3RD. Going EO with maces could also work.

Things you can do without a full respec:
- Ancestral Protector + Ancestral Warchief + Multitotem is an easy 40% damage multiplier for anything melee
- Anoint Clever Thief for life and mana leech in one go
- Voidforge wants flat phys damage everywhere you can get it, rings, gloves, etc.
- You need crit multi real bad, swapping in a Crit Damage support over Hypothermia is a damage increase

Arzachel fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Sep 5, 2022

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
The rule of thumb I use is "the fraction has to be the correct amount of money for each item". 1/2 = I want a half chaos per piece. 200/3 = I want 66.6c per piece. You don't need to do much math to decide if selling exalts for chaos should be 100/10 vs 10/100.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

A friend of mine gave me the tip that awakened PoE trade has a setting, I forget what it's called but something like "use in stock". What this will do is limit price checks to people who have as much in bulk (or more) as you do. So if you have 60 essences to sell it will show you only people with 60 essences or more and how they've priced their wares.

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

An iksar marauder glowers at you dubiously -- looks like quite a gamble.
I could easily beat up sauron

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
What’s the setting that makes you always blink the max distance?

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
I was trying to do the maxroll.gg glad CF this league and I was just having the toughest time with bosses. I knew it was going to be bad, but drat.

I went through Normal Lab to reset to Champion.

No gear change. No skill change (spell slinger + shield). Not even a tree change.

Holy poo poo, I am not clearing the maps as fast but the bosses are .... survivable???

Banner massive Regen, keeping 40% of charges, and free heal + speed when you go low life is just crazy.

PS I run Exilance. Made me aware how a 200c and a 100c div card was just sitting there.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Koryk posted:

What’s the setting that makes you always blink the max distance?

I think this is click on the skill in the bar and set to always whatever without moving

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Now if that setting worked for Shield Rush too. And Shield Rush didn't catch every single microscopic piece of geometry in the area. And didn't grind to a halt as soon as it nudges a wall regardless of direction.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Do tell how one may acquire this "Shield Rush" skill.

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

is there an excilence/awakened poe trade that works on mac? we have a POB port and the native client is finally more stable than the XP version I used to dual boot in to

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
is united in dream animate weapon still a good "what is QOL" build for exploding bosses on the cheap, or did the minion changes hose that build too?

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

whypick1 posted:

Do tell how one may acquire this "Shield Rush" skill.

Shield Charge, whatever, no need to play smartass

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

JamesKPolk posted:

is there an excilence/awakened poe trade that works on mac? we have a POB port and the native client is finally more stable than the XP version I used to dual boot in to

The answers appear to be "this guy appears to have ported Awakened to Mac", "you'll have to build Excellence for Mac yourself" and "I forgot this game even had a Mac port, who does that these days?"

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Sep 5, 2022

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

whypick1 posted:

"I forgot this game even had a Mac port, who does that these days?"

I tried cause my GPU died but the mac client is actually a broken, unmaintained dumpster fire hiding behind a paper plate mask of function. Eventually you start seeing broken textures and infinite geometry that kills the game down to a 10fps mess. It’s pretty much unplayable once you get to maps.

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

Vegastar posted:

I tried cause my GPU died but the mac client is actually a broken, unmaintained dumpster fire hiding behind a paper plate mask of function. Eventually you start seeing broken textures and infinite geometry that kills the game down to a 10fps mess. It’s pretty much unplayable once you get to maps.

This was my experience last league but the two before it, it was kind of okay? This league I get 50-60 fps most places, delve textures are a shitshow, and the floor covers my field of view in the bottom quadrant of the Eater arena

all on a M1 machine, the intel ones were garbage

whypick1 posted:

The answers appear to be "this guy appears to have ported Awakened to Mac", "you'll have to build Excellence for Mac yourself" and "I forgot this game even had a Mac port, who does that these days?"

hell yeah, this is the first time I've gotten a "no but here's the source if you wanna compile" and I actually have the toolchain ready to go

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

JamesKPolk posted:

This was my experience last league but the two before it, it was kind of okay? This league I get 50-60 fps most places, delve textures are a shitshow, and the floor covers my field of view in the bottom quadrant of the Eater arena

all on a M1 machine, the intel ones were garbage

Yeah I’m also on an m1 mba. I put up with it for a while because it mostly did okay but half the red map textures are busted beyond playable for me, as in literally blocking half the screen from view. In doing some googling it seems like the macOS build has been busted since at least April and nobody has any good workarounds while GGG barely acknowledges it.

Glad it’s working out for you at least, but I can’t recommend it. At least I picked a good league to miss until I track down a cheap 1080 or something to replace it with.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

an iksar marauder posted:

I could easily beat up sauron

https://twitter.com/byyourlogic/status/1566590134119587840?s=21&t=jeLFy0whrc64XcYaQlphMw

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

Vegastar posted:

Yeah I’m also on an m1 mba. I put up with it for a while because it mostly did okay but half the red map textures are busted beyond playable for me, as in literally blocking half the screen from view. In doing some googling it seems like the macOS build has been busted since at least April and nobody has any good workarounds while GGG barely acknowledges it.

Glad it’s working out for you at least, but I can’t recommend it. At least I picked a good league to miss until I track down a cheap 1080 or something to replace it with.
0 arguments w/ any of this! But its also in the best shape it's ever been in (or 3.16 was anyway) so for those few of us where the mac client being good limits how much poe we play, it's a good time.

May-Now was Sentinel and yeah I got the stuff you're talking about. The 10fps was worse than the textures but I quit league before I really got into the eldritch maps which is where my machine (m1 mini) really struggled so maybe it got worse.

AN was, like, playable! On non-minimum settings! Scourge too (krangleverse was a little weird iirc). And textures seem hosed this league but I can chain a bunch of maps and leave my client logged in overnight without crashing so thats a huge improvement.

I list all that out not to argue (you're right, straight up) but just as a trip report for any other mac users. It's definitely a janky mess but the jank is part of the POE experience imo

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

Vegastar posted:

a 10fps mess.

Isn't this just the game regardless of platform :v:

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Mr Newsman posted:

My aging laptop can run most non-super juiced poo poo at respecrtable FPS! Just have to toggle the option that makes it look like pixel soup...

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Mr Newsman posted:

fps this league is much, much improved... for some reason

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
God, I've missed hitting vaal summon skeletons and watching a Breech/Legion node melt with no effort on my end.

Kind of wish the 3.19 nerf was only to skeleton mages, I'd love an extra ~3m dps on this build

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Larry Parrish posted:

i farmed an oni-goroshi in 6 and a half hours, over two days after work. why did i do this? i was having an insomnia attack and knew it would bore the gently caress out of me, without making me up with being excited or making me angry like maps would. anyway i decided to finish it tonight since i was at ~4 hours already and somehow got it. while listening to a 16 minute version of the DBZ super saiyan 3 theme i might add, which was extremely funny.

anyway

i literally looked at your tree for two seconds, and while i don't have any specific suggestions at the moment, i really have to know why you pathed way down to unwavering stance. also, since consecrated path is a phys>fire skill, using voidforge seems like a terrible idea. probably cyclone trinity would have been way stronger and felt better than that, although i also like cpath. anyway since i farmed this oni-goroshi like a dipshit, i too will play a consecrated path elementalist, and perhaps our two withered noob brains can invent something good

I pathed down that way because there's a huge pile of crit sword nodes in that area, and unwavering stance just happened to be there. I went with voidforge because it was cool and I have no better reason for that, I just think it's neat to do big hits with each element periodically. I also went with consecrated path because it was cool. I like teleporting and being huge and doing huge slams. Maximum Theorycraft™ puts it at about 4m dps regular pinnacle bosses which is more than enough for my dipshit abilities(I'm not killing any uber pinnacles with this build), so doing things because they were cool was fine with me.

Maybe next iteration I'll try different weapons out.

Arzachel posted:

Are there any synergies I'm missing besides the Heraldry cluster notable to justify the massive expense of going quad Herald? I think Larry is right (hosed up) and Voidforge is a bad idea if only because all the good sword nodes are on the other side of the tree. I quickly whipped up this, should be stupid durable: https://pobb.in/MVqDmbkSs3RD. Going EO with maces could also work.

Things you can do without a full respec:
- Ancestral Protector + Ancestral Warchief + Multitotem is an easy 40% damage multiplier for anything melee
- Anoint Clever Thief for life and mana leech in one go
- Voidforge wants flat phys damage everywhere you can get it, rings, gloves, etc.
- You need crit multi real bad, swapping in a Crit Damage support over Hypothermia is a damage increase

The totem thing is something I think of every time I log out and forget to do every time I log back in. I just can't remember to do it on this one, I've done it on every other melee character :confused:
I did indeed do the clever thief anoint yesterday. Back when I didn't have the reserve efficiency, I kept not regening my leeched mana fast enough which required spirit void. Just never got around to updating it.
Flat phys is indeed desperately needed, money issue :smith:
Crit Damage vs Hypothermia is a pretty small difference(9k dps), with Hypothermia theoretically giving more survivability via freezes which is why it was being considered. However the hypothermia is actually an accident, I added it to test things out and am actually using melee phys support instead. Melee phys support is not good, but until I can get a loreweave with the right sockets it's gonna be there. Money issue :smith:

Regarding heralds, the main reason I picked them was because I wasn't really seeing any better offensive options. Everything else is focused on one element(as far as I can tell) so 66% of the time they wouldn't do anything. Heralds gave me -35% to all enemy resistances and triggered any "when enemy is exposed" things, which seemed to be the best I could do with mana reservation.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vincent Valentine posted:

I pathed down that way because there's a huge pile of crit sword nodes in that area, and unwavering stance just happened to be there. I went with voidforge because it was cool and I have no better reason for that, I just think it's neat to do big hits with each element periodically. I also went with consecrated path because it was cool. I like teleporting and being huge and doing huge slams. Maximum Theorycraft™ puts it at about 4m dps regular pinnacle bosses which is more than enough for my dipshit abilities(I'm not killing any uber pinnacles with this build), so doing things because they were cool was fine with me.

Maybe next iteration I'll try different weapons out.

The totem thing is something I think of every time I log out and forget to do every time I log back in. I just can't remember to do it on this one, I've done it on every other melee character :confused:
I did indeed do the clever thief anoint yesterday. Back when I didn't have the reserve efficiency, I kept not regening my leeched mana fast enough which required spirit void. Just never got around to updating it.
Flat phys is indeed desperately needed, money issue :smith:
Crit Damage vs Hypothermia is a pretty small difference(9k dps), with Hypothermia theoretically giving more survivability via freezes which is why it was being considered. However the hypothermia is actually an accident, I added it to test things out and am actually using melee phys support instead. Melee phys support is not good, but until I can get a loreweave with the right sockets it's gonna be there. Money issue :smith:

Regarding heralds, the main reason I picked them was because I wasn't really seeing any better offensive options. Everything else is focused on one element(as far as I can tell) so 66% of the time they wouldn't do anything. Heralds gave me -35% to all enemy resistances and triggered any "when enemy is exposed" things, which seemed to be the best I could do with mana reservation.

my gut feeling is while CPath Elementalist can probably be a thing and maybe even be a marginally good thing it's probably way better with a high phys warstaff and converting all the phys to fire. top/top left/left tree has a lot of good staff stuff, giving lots of crit and AoE etc, and you're right about the lacking defences but i bet with cloak of flame and maybe some slightly pricey poo poo like timeless jewels it may make more sense to focus on phys taken as for our primary defensive layer, maybe pathing over to magebane and wearing armor/ev bases to get spell suppression for even more survivability. I've seen a couple builds rolling tempered by war/divine flesh tech and it seems really loving good

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
does consecrated path work with the saviour?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Herstory Begins Now posted:

does consecrated path work with the saviour?

yeah, it works with swords of any kind

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
i have a stupid question. why dont any of the explosion sabos use Chain Reaction, even on forbidden jewels?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Summon Skitterbots. They take care of detonating any stray traps that enemies might have missed and while the AoE and CDR are nice, the shock and chill your two buddies apply to enemies allows you to take advantage of all 3 bonuses of Explosives Expert, which is a substantial damage boost for single target.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It just sucks yeah.

In case anyone cares (they don't) leveling an Elementalist with CPath went a lot better once I sold the stupid oni-goroshi and used a Pillar of the Caged God and a astramentis instead lol. Beefy AoE, decent damage, barely OK attack speed. But I took Shaper of Flames first so I get nice beefy ignites that proliferate with my Berek's Respite and I have Herald of Ash too. I'm dreading buying a 4-5 off-color Cloak of Flames if that's what I end up going with though lol

Larry Parrish fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Sep 6, 2022

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

Larry Parrish posted:

It just sucks yeah.

In case anyone cares (they don't) leveling an Elementalist with CPath went a lot better once I sold the stupid oni-goroshi and used a Pillar of the Caged God and a astramentis instead lol. Beefy AoE, decent damage, barely OK attack speed. But I took Shaper of Flames first so I get nice beefy ignites that proliferate with my Berek's Respite and I have Herald of Ash too. I'm dreading buying a 4-5 off-color Cloak of Flames if that's what I end up going with though lol

I wonder if Battlemage's Cry would be of any benefit. Wave, Curses and maybe Flamesurge all come to mind as being potentially fun. No idea how effective they'd be.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

graynull posted:

I wonder if Battlemage's Cry would be of any benefit. Wave, Curses and maybe Flamesurge all come to mind as being potentially fun. No idea how effective they'd be.

it's probably okay for applying flame surge but i have a curse ring and exposure can be applied with glove implicit or herald cluster notable, and since I'm planning to take the Convergence tree on Elementalist anyway it doesn't matter if it's worse than Wave of Conviction for base exposure. my guess is probably infernal cry or whichever one gives people the ash debuff is probably better since it stacks with all that anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vegastar posted:

My gf wants to try this game and I straight out told her that it will probably ran glacially. She pondered, as if I hadn't said anything, "I wonder if it will run on my computer"

Pretty confident her geforce 210 won't even let the game run due to lack of dx11 support but who am I to say no to her dreams of playing poe at 5 FPS.