Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

R.D. Mangles posted:

The people who think it matters who plays WR in a rodgers offense are baffling to me.

It matters to Rodgers, who eats farts and plays favorites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

HootTheOwl posted:

Dawn of the fifth day.
148 hours remain.

And only three days for good football!

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
What about Romeo doubs? I mean...gently caress the pack cause you know...go bears, but that dude looks to be the next #1 no matter who the qb is.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1566835235073015808

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

ZombieCrew posted:

What about Romeo doubs? I mean...gently caress the pack cause you know...go bears, but that dude looks to be the next #1 no matter who the qb is.

Christian Watson is probably going to be better. Doubs will probably be good, but Watson is going to be a stud.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I unfortunately think Watson will be MVS at best, a deep ball guy with bad hands, and the Packers will kick themselves forever for taking him over Pickens.

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer

R.D. Mangles posted:

The people who think it matters who plays WR in a rodgers offense are baffling to me.

I just think of that Cardinals game with Rodgers hucking prayers to Jeff Janis because he was the last WR still on the roster. Almost won that game too.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Hand Row posted:

I unfortunately think Watson will be MVS at best, a deep ball guy with bad hands, and the Packers will kick themselves forever for taking him over Pickens.

I'm glad you're not an NFL scout, at least not for the Packers lol

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Good Will Hrunting posted:

I'm glad you're not an NFL scout, at least not for the Packers lol

I mean, that's what the rumblings out of camp have been, but time will tell.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Getting injured early in camp was bad for Watson's development. I'm not hitting the panic button yet though.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Oh come the gently caress on

https://twitter.com/Lions/status/1566888772872142853?t=Jq-ka7iPTfZ5koDx4ehHlA&s=19

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
The Packers recently had a guy who was pretty good that took a bit of time to develop, surely Packers fans aren't thick enough to write off Christian Watson after a camp he was injured during!

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Good Will Hrunting posted:

The Packers recently had a guy who was pretty good that took a bit of time to develop, surely Packers fans aren't thick enough to write off Christian Watson after a camp he was injured during!

This sentiment coming from you of all people gave me a chuckle, but yeah it's obviously way too early for any real analysis.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Yeah of course I am not writing him off already. Just gut feel the Packers got enamored with the combine warrior/small school mystery box. Doubs I loving love though.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Rectal Placenta posted:

This sentiment coming from you of all people gave me a chuckle, but yeah it's obviously way too early for any real analysis.

Me of all people lol lmao I'm like 1 of 3 Packers posters that doesn't post complete incoherent whining and noise about the sky falling constantly.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

It's Mitch O'Clock, baby
https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1566880758828093443?t=GSQIX9_IvbLvFiP2GyotkQ&s=19

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Let's.

loving.

GOOOOOOO!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I genuinely can't figure out of it's funnier if Mitch plays like absolute poo poo or is incredibly good.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

R.D. Mangles posted:

I genuinely can't figure out of it's funnier if Mitch plays like absolute poo poo or is incredibly good.

Incredibly poo poo, because gently caress the Steelers.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

R.D. Mangles posted:

Incredibly good.

And then let down by his defense.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

At least he's probably the worst lineman on the starters and the lions have excellent guard depth.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

…for six weeks.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
MITCH

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Scipiotik posted:

At least he's probably the worst lineman on the starters and the lions have excellent guard depth.

Do they? Tommy Kraemer is okay then its... Logan Stenberg. Unless they're giving Evan Brown reps at guard.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

We love Mitch in this thread

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

That's my QB

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Agreed it is way too early to write off Watson, but he was never gonna be relevant this year. He was a pretty raw prospect coming out, but I did like his tape and his athletic profile.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Hand Row posted:

Yeah of course I am not writing him off already. Just gut feel the Packers got enamored with the combine warrior/small school mystery box. Doubs I loving love though.

I'm just glad we went shotgun-approach at the position and took 3 WRs (and kept all of them). If any one of the three hits, it's a win. Toure has shown a flash or two, Doubs looks like he can be great, if Watson busts it's not a total loss.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Mixed feelings

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

SirPablo posted:

Mitched feelings

Ftfy

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I can't believe they diluted the NVP. Mitch is the only real NVP.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Hot Diggity! posted:

I can't believe they diluted the NVP. Mitch is the only real NVP.

Dak being the second NVP is hilarious tho.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

This is a pretty cool, mostly puff piece about the Packers / Bucks relationship

https://twitter.com/RobDemovsky/status/1567144224445067264?t=3EIF90Li18x2uHu5vMnAJQ&s=19

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

And the Bears finally upgraded their lovely turf

https://twitter.com/AdamHoge/status/1567146204705787907?t=6TegEpVNrAZH2oZSp2izSg&s=19

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

They upgraded their turf in like 2018 and it's been fine since. At least as far as the Turf itself goes. We'll see if this new stuff makes it better.

Solider Field has been nowhere near like Washington's or Pittsburgh's level of trash field since then, but unlike those other fields, the Bears just don't have control over the sod really. There was an Elton John concert the week before that pre-season game with like tens of thousands of people just trampling all over the field, and the City didn't want to replace the grass until this week.

This entire thing pretty much comes down to a pissing match between the Bears and the City.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I don’t know why more northern teams don’t use a hybrid system like the Packers do. Especially the company they use now where you can replace the field in a week if you want to. I think it’s still like 95% real grass and the fake stuff helps the field keep its shape rather than get all unlevel. Ton of soccer fields use it but Packers are the only football team that does. I think only one other football team uses a similar system but much harder to replace.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Hand Row posted:

I don’t know why more northern teams don’t use a hybrid system like the Packers do. Especially the company they use now where you can replace the field in a week if you want to. I think it’s still like 95% real grass and the fake stuff helps the field keep its shape rather than get all unlevel. Ton of soccer fields use it but Packers are the only football team that does. I think only one other football team uses a similar system but much harder to replace.

The Bears field is in like a weird dual custody thing where the park district has to be a part of all of these decisions.

Sinbad's Sex Tape
Mar 21, 2004
Stuck in a giant clam
They want to be able to play international soccer games at Soldier Field so they can only have real grass

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Sinbad's Sex Tape posted:

They want to be able to play international soccer games at Soldier Field so they can only have real grass

I believe the Luzhinki Stadium in Moscow has a similar hybrid surface as Lambeau & that hosted the 2018 World Cup Final.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shmtur
Jul 23, 2005

The Packers just hosted a soccer game this summer.