Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Pizza Segregationist posted:

But it's adding more risk, not taking it away. Why would they drastically increase the amount of possible witnesses by hiring people to plant explosives when they have already gone through with planning the plane attacks? Or, looking at it another way, why do the plane attacks when they could just go with explosives and say it was truck bombs like okc?

I always thought of controlled demolition as implausible because it's a double attack. Why would they double the risk of getting exposed? Did they plan the plane attacks and then later arbitrarily decide causalities would be too low for their purposes, so they added a bunch more people to the crew to do demolition?

I just can't buy the idea that a quadruple kamikaze attack was too understated and needed some extra oomph

Yeah, that's why I'm pretty sure they didn't do anything like demolition! It's far too complex and involves too many people.

If I had to guess, they just assumed that something would result from the multiple kamikaze attacks that was sufficient justification. They may have just believed that the planes hitting the towers/Pentagon would have been enough, even if the towers didn't fall. And as we know from the anthrax, they had other options to "encourage" congress to fall in line.

edit: One way to put my original point is that "if there was some more reliable way to make the towers fall (that could be done secretly with just a single person somehow), they probably would have done that." So I have sympathy for the basic premise of "they wanted this outcome"; it's just that the demolition explanation doesn't make sense for other reasons.

Ytlaya has issued a correction as of 22:03 on Sep 4, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
brace is a bob, brace bob belden?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

vanishedimam posted:

i agree this episode really isn't a good one to dip in on. unless you know the back catalogue and in particular episode 8, where we briefly poo poo on this guy, and even if you do, there's not a ton to be gained from it. it's more just funny in the meta sense and an explanation of one of the main reasons why we've been quiet for so many months.

very disappointed that you appear to not have the drama escalation affliction that plagues so many goons. andy sounded like he was ready to throw down, which may have been even funnier but this episode still owns.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

never listened to trueanon much

deep state 102 had me lookin out the windows. think i'll listen to more

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
I enjoyed the alab episode in which coach essentially said “yes all these bullet points are dumb bullshit that make me look like an rear end in a top hat, but you have to disprove them! haha!”

maybe I dont interact with enough lawyers but I figured some sort of sense of shame or self loathing would kick in when doing that sort of thing

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Scionix posted:

I enjoyed the alab episode in which coach essentially said “yes all these bullet points are dumb bullshit that make me look like an rear end in a top hat, but you have to disprove them! haha!”

maybe I dont interact with enough lawyers but I figured some sort of sense of shame or self loathing would kick in when doing that sort of thing

I think it was as fascinating as the felix blago interview for similar reasons

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Scionix posted:

You misunderstand the law and lawyers then. America’s judicial system is basically a competitive sport based on forcing a shared number of agreed on statements into a narrative of your choosing with the goal of selling that narrative. That kind of ticky tacky bullshit is how the game is played. But also like they said on the podcast you run the risk of pissing off the judge if you go too crazy, but yeah definitely no shame or self loathing involved for most of these deranged freaks

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
My intro to ALAB (today) was episode 8 and the most recent one and I really love the guys. Not a fan of Coach at all and I think they did a great job explaining the case and showing him for who he is while maintaining dignity and keeping him from taking over the whole episode.

It kept me very entertained for a long trip back home, too. I'm curious to see the tone of future episodes now

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Futanari Damacy posted:

I wonder how much the popularity of podcasts has to do with people living 3 hours from their jobs

I still listen to them around the house but have dropped a few since COVID and it's been weirdly freeing. Dunno why I spent more time listening to video game podcasts than I spent actually playing video games but now they're both at zero :v:

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

a helpful bear posted:

My intro to ALAB (today) was episode 8 and the most recent one and I really love the guys. Not a fan of Coach at all and I think they did a great job explaining the case and showing him for who he is while maintaining dignity and keeping him from taking over the whole episode.

It kept me very entertained for a long trip back home, too. I'm curious to see the tone of future episodes now

yeah they managed to frame him as a crank and a loon without actually *saying* anything like that which was pretty funny imo

especially since the guy who doesn't post itt was pretty clearly gritting his teeth through a lot of the podcast

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

V. Illych L. posted:

yeah they managed to frame him as a crank and a loon without actually *saying* anything like that which was pretty funny imo

especially since the guy who doesn't post itt was pretty clearly gritting his teeth through a lot of the podcast

lol poor andy, stress-drafting his reply brief, hitting 10s rewind over and over again on the podcast to satisfy himself that, i said like, didn't i? i'm not crazy, he's the one mis-stating it. here, let me listen to it a couple more times just to make sure

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

V. Illych L. posted:

lol yes, i wanted to see andy off the leash.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Looks like Shane Gillis is the guest on the new Adam Friedland show

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

So is Cum Town really broken up, or this there an extended bit going on? I need to know!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

NeatHeteroDude posted:

So is Cum Town really broken up, or this there an extended bit going on? I need to know!

Stav had to move on to his true passion in life, asking crowds at comedy clubs if they've ever poo poo their pants.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

NeatHeteroDude posted:

They all had sex with stav so good that they couldn't record anymore. Stav left to remove temptation

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

[on stage wearing a mumu] you do what for a living??? hahaha get it together lady!

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

PostNouveau posted:

Stav had to move on to his true passion in life, asking crowds at comedy clubs if they've ever poo poo their pants.

tokin opposition posted:

They all had sex with stav so good that they couldn't record anymore. Stav left to remove temptation

Both of those technically answer my question but I should have specified in my OP: no cum town jokes allowed. Only serious answers where there is no subtext so that someone such as I can read and interpret them accurately

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i don't think there was subtext in either of those posts; they were pretty explicit

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

i say swears online posted:

i don't think there was subtext in either of those posts; they were pretty explicit

they were! I need to learn and grow

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

namaste

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

i say swears online posted:

[on stage wearing a mumu] you do what for a living??? hahaha get it together lady!

haha uff madon'. whats that? big pussy fans here tonight? hell yeah

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

NeatHeteroDude posted:

its called The Adam Friedland Show now. i hope that helps!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

nick being encouraging during the monologue is still the funniest poo poo

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Both of those technically answer my question but I should have specified in my OP: no cum town jokes allowed. Only serious answers where there is no subtext so that someone such as I can read and interpret them accurately

i have never made a joke in my life. believe everything i post 100%

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

crepeface posted:

lol yes, i wanted to see andy off the leash.

To be fair, that's how they got there to begin with. Andy on a rant though is pretty hilarious and easily worth up to $10 million of someone else's money.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

I am going to listen to cum town until I figure out whatever the gently caress is going on

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

cum town fans are unable to answer basic questions without repeating their favorite catchphrases and bits. like mcelroy fans

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

NeatHeteroDude posted:

The fat one left and now it's the adam friedland show. That's true. The bit is that the adam friedland show is good and they're actually making an effort

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

some plague rats posted:

The fat one left and now it's the adam friedland show. That's true. The bit is that the adam friedland show is good and they're actually making an effort

I'd give you a reverse probe if possible. thank you!!

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

studio mujahideen posted:

cum town fans are unable to answer basic questions without repeating their favorite catchphrases and bits. like mcelroy fans

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Please do NOT be rude to me, but:

does anyone here listen to comedy podcast Hollywood handbook?

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
stav has invaded my youtube but the real video content is on TAFS

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

NeatHeteroDude posted:

speak on that

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Cloks posted:

speak on that

thank you so much cloks. I say that daily irl

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

I’ve mostly swapped out podcasts for audiobooks, with the exception of trueanon and TAFS, and it’s a choice I’ve been pretty happy with so far. Currently listening to Joan didion’s the white album and while it’s really just a collection of essays I’m really enjoying it.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
1) watch a dude that has all his teeth now chuckle on stage while someone in the audience lies about their threesome with their mom; or

B)

anyway i wish stavvy the best and im glad this happened because the poo poo nick and adam are doing is great

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

NeatHeteroDude posted:

every now and then i go back and listen to the first tom scharpling HH episode. i think its one of the best podcast episodes ive ever heard

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

NeatHeteroDude posted:

crepeface posted:

lmao Will on a comedy bang bang network show?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

studio mujahideen posted:

nooo hahaha, gently caress no dude