Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Nilbop posted:

This drove me absolutely crazy and just stunk of self-indulgent writing, which stunk because I quite like Judgment Day's whole set up of "You're all being judged by an impossible unknowable force, you can't punch your way out of this, it's down to you to be worthy."

But instead Duggan just writes ole condom head to just go up and say "Um, do you know who my wife is?" and completely castigates the main threat.

At least it's not in the main book.

He didn't castigate the main threat. He argued successfully that the people who could judge him best where his friends and family. And given those are the ones Cyclopes has hurt the most with his flaws, actually makes sense. My only nitpick is that the Celestial didn't bring up Madelyne Pryor.

I also think it's silly to assume that Gillen didn't sign off on this development.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean the acelestials also are already castigated in that they are supposed to be galactic threats that only show up to get owned.

Basically the Galatus problem

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Love that Peter David X-Factor.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Thought to lookup some DUKE MIGHTEN arts after being reminded of his short run on the second ACCIDENT MAN book in the early nineties

Yuup, that sure is a Punisher design right there.

I liked his abrupt, blocky characters in the AM book (and later BRATS BIZARRE in the same comic) - this, less so.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That's literally Punisher 2099 (age: 36...CALIBRE! lives on...THE EDGE)

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Thought to lookup some DUKE MIGHTEN arts after being reminded of his short run on the second ACCIDENT MAN book in the early nineties

Yuup, that sure is a Punisher design right there.

I liked his abrupt, blocky characters in the AM book (and later BRATS BIZARRE in the same comic) - this, less so.

So a tombstone for Peter Parker, Twin Peaks and someone with a last name of Ritu, who was either 4 or 104 years old.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Is that a half-eaten donut on the Twin grave?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

marshmallow creep posted:

Is that a half-eaten donut on the Twin grave?
One single small bite is not "half" eaten :colbert:

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Jonny Quest #5 (1986)

Sensational She-Hulk #51 (1993)

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

glitchwraith posted:

He didn't castigate the main threat. He argued successfully that the people who could judge him best where his friends and family.

No he just said it. It's a stupid loving argument because it means a pile of terrible people can just be terrible and it's fine, because by their individual standards it's all cool to giant robot man. So basically Purple Man is morally immaculate, but Captain America fails.

That's not judgement, that's just giving a pass to narcissists.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Darthemed posted:

Jonny Quest #5 (1986)

You know what, I might have room for a small ice cream

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Darthemed posted:

Jonny Quest #5 (1986)

"Cake, or Death?"

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Mulva posted:

No he just said it. It's a stupid loving argument because it means a pile of terrible people can just be terrible and it's fine, because by their individual standards it's all cool to giant robot man. So basically Purple Man is morally immaculate, but Captain America fails.

The celestials do not give a poo poo about morality, that’s not what they are here for

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

This X-Factor run just keeps on giving.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Mulva posted:

Given that Emma Frost, Mystique, and Destiny also all failed, I don't think it's that simple. At the very least, I don't see Mystique regretting any of her past actions or failures.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
maybe if mystique and destiny each said, "no one can judge me except my wife" they would've gotten a pass

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

site posted:

maybe if mystique and destiny each said, "no one can judge me except my wife" they would've gotten a pass

I feel like the easy rebuttal is “what about your kids?”

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

thetoughestbean posted:

I feel like the easy rebuttal is “what about your kids?”

I mean, Scott and Jean get along pretty well with Cable and Rachel right now. Kurt seems okay with Mystique and Destiny.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Skwirl posted:

I mean, Scott and Jean get along pretty well with Cable and Rachel right now. Kurt seems okay with Mystique and Destiny.

He’s talking about mystiques kids. Which is a mixed bag. Like Grayson alone is thing

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Today's comics showed more of the Judgement process in AXE, including how some of the previous judgements panned out the way they did. I won't spoil, but so far it seems Cyclops passed by calling out the Celestial's gimmick before they had the chance to deploy it.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Zereth posted:

One single small bite is not "half" eaten :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X54RaHAv6cA

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

CharlestheHammer posted:

The celestials do not give a poo poo about morality, that’s not what they are here for

Are you even reading this event? It's explicitly about the personal morality of each individual person that they are judged. That's....that's just what the event is. And this isn't a 'real' Celestial, it's a Celestial made with the assistance of Tony Stark and Mr Sinister. Like the Celestial judged a woman for not doing enough to pursue her poetry. That's it, one more step in damning the planet because someone didn't give their all for their art. That is entirely the level of stakes the Celestial is working on.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I know it’s really dumb so if you are going to say they are out of character then yes, but if you accept the event premise you can’t really get mad at it for following it’s own rules

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I still think the best rebuttal to Scott saying "only my wife can judge me" is to go "sure" and bring in Madelyn

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

The Occult Files of Dr. Spektor #18 (1975)

Galaxy Quest: The Journey Continues #4 (2015)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Ranma 1/2 Vol. 18 (1991)

The Rocketeer: Cargo of Doom #4 (2012)

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Chinston Wurchill posted:

This X-Factor run just keeps on giving.

I appreciate that even Scott thinks its a little bit funny.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Mooseontheloose posted:

I appreciate that even Scott thinks its a little bit funny.
That entire era worked as well as it did because the writers largely remembered that Scott and Emma are really self-aware people and will give credit where it's due. It grounded what would have otherwise been "your favorite hero goes dark n' edgy!" a 'la-- /gestures broadly at DC Comics.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Quasar #43 (1993)

Sensational She-Hulk #52 (1993)

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Darthemed posted:

Rocketeer: Cargo of Doom #3 (2012)

Man, Tintin did not age well.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Mystery Men Comics #26 (1941)

The Sensational She-Hulk #58 (1993)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Superboy #112 (1964)

Quasar #46 (1993)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Amazing Fantasy #1000

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Love the Spider-pen

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Now that it's available for Windows I've been playing the remastered PS4 Spider-Man game and one of the collectathon bits you can find is a Spider-Plushy/teddy bear thing that's cute as hell

Like yeah obviously there's in-universe Spider-Merch and why wouldn't he have some!?

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
MJ and Johnny Storm probably get them for him as gag gifts.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Senior Woodchuck posted:

MJ and Johnny Storm probably get them for him as gag gifts.

Johnny probably owns the merchandising rights.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

TwoPair posted:

Amazing Fantasy #1000
This is great :allears:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Pilchenstein posted:

This is great :allears:

While that's true, I got to side with Frankie here. Going after a lowly crook while there's a disaster happening seems petty and a bit cowardly.
Sort of like a cop handing out parking tickets while there's a shooting spree a block away.

All these times, Pete didn't help because he wasted his super strength and smarts on this random dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

cant cook creole bream posted:

While that's true, I got to side with Frankie here. Going after a lowly crook while there's a disaster happening seems petty and a bit cowardly.
Sort of like a cop handing out parking tickets while there's a shooting spree a block away.

All these times, Pete didn't help because he wasted his super strength and smarts on this random dude.

He literally says he saw Peter fighting them too. It isn't either or.