Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I did both of them pretty close together, but I really enjoyed both. I was surprised how much of a hikkikomori dork they made Ei but that just made her more appealing. Since it made the archon quest boil to Yae tricks you into barging into her girlfriends room to drag her hikkikomori rear end out for an intervention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I could understand her better if she displayed any knowledge of or interest in anything the way our other archon friends do. Like if she displayed an exhaustive knowledge of Inazuma culture and literature after centuries of monitoring it for any deviation from eternity. The way she staggers around wide-eyed and speechless half an hour after trying to assassinate you is just strange.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

why would a Chinese broadcast TV law targeted at censoring foreign popstars impact a videogame fan poll, and why would they not just remove it entirely rather than fake the votes to appease the government? it makes infinitely more sense that tencent (a giant company) had their feelings hurt rather than imagining the government was engaging in some kind of bizarre soft propaganda.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

No Wave posted:

I could understand her better if she displayed any knowledge of or interest in anything the way our other archon friends do. Like if she displayed an exhaustive knowledge of Inazuma culture and literature after centuries of monitoring it for any deviation from eternity. The way she staggers around wide-eyed and speechless half an hour after trying to assassinate you is just strange.

It would be nice to hear her blab about sword styles and weapons and whatnot, since that's what she's passionate about, but all we really get is her challenging that one guy to a match to prove his worth, and she doesn't say anything about it.

I want to hear battle maniac Ei tell us in gruesome detail how much she loves fighting strong people... like Childe, but less evil.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Man what even is Tears of Themis? Ive heard it described as a mobile dating sim VN type (ok) but with gacha (???)

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Hazdoc posted:

It would be nice to hear her blab about sword styles and weapons and whatnot, since that's what she's passionate about, but all we really get is her challenging that one guy to a match to prove his worth, and she doesn't say anything about it.

I want to hear battle maniac Ei tell us in gruesome detail how much she loves fighting strong people... like Childe, but less evil.
Yes! If she were a sword otaku who could have gone into depth about why that teacher who had his vision stolen threatened eternity due to being on the brink of exposing some kind of fundamental gap in other sword styles, destroying the balance of martial arts.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Xun posted:

Man what even is Tears of Themis? Ive heard it described as a mobile dating sim VN type (ok) but with gacha (???)
its otome game phoenix wright, there's detective segments that have gameplay, the gacha cards help with that but also more importantly have character/story scenes tied to them. its a pretty common format for otome mobile games, people will roll for side content featuring their favorite boy.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Fischl opening treasure chest III in Chinese is the best. That is all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NN39Qk2h7E&t=35s

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Yun Jin users: How hard is it to charge her Q without another Geo on the team? I feel like there's fun to be had with her, Candace, and infused NA spammers like Tartaglia, Ayato, or Kokomi

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

https://twitter.com/genshinmemes/status/1566727845774184448

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gandlethorpe posted:

Yun Jin users: How hard is it to charge her Q without another Geo on the team? I feel like there's fun to be had with her, Candace, and infused NA spammers like Tartaglia, Ayato, or Kokomi

her burst is only 60 energy cost so it should be possible with a fav lance on her, or er sands

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Endorph posted:

its otome game phoenix wright, there's detective segments that have gameplay, the gacha cards help with that but also more importantly have character/story scenes tied to them. its a pretty common format for otome mobile games, people will roll for side content featuring their favorite boy.

Aah ok! That's actually pretty interesting, tbh I'm pretty curious to see how the mechanics work in practice but as a lesbian the guys bore the hell out of me lol

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

It's hard. My yunjin has 240ER. With 2 favonious users and catching all the particles from her hold E it feels almost possible, but staying on field to catch feels weird so I always forget to do it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

idolmaster shiny colors is a game thats girls and has a similar idea, basically the main mode of the game is a roguelike raising sim where you schedule practice and concerts for whichever idol girl you picked, with the girls having different cards that have different plot arcs play out as you progress and if you get the ending, and then the 'support' cards you equipped before the run all have their own unique story scenes that pop up as you play. its a neat format but also if youre grinding out different characters with the same support setup youre gonna be skipping a lot of repeated scenes. good writing and art though. sadly jp only. also its idols which i know some people arent into.

the funniest otome mobage is twisted wonderland which is disney branded and has the worlds jankiest looking combat system that ive never seen anyone talk about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEaN54wYilU&t=10s

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I didn't know Shiny Colours was structured like a roguelike. That's hilarious. Seems like a good choice, though. When I played Idolmaster 2 I only did one run and I remember it being, like, "full Europa Universalis campaign"-level long. Though I guess being in a language I could barely read will have slowed things down.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

theres a reason these games did a lot better when they started getting ported to consoles/handhelds, yeah, arcade was always kind of a weird fit for them.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Endorph posted:

idolmaster shiny colors is a game thats girls and has a similar idea, basically the main mode of the game is a roguelike raising sim where you schedule practice and concerts for whichever idol girl you picked, with the girls having different cards that have different plot arcs play out as you progress and if you get the ending, and then the 'support' cards you equipped before the run all have their own unique story scenes that pop up as you play. its a neat format but also if youre grinding out different characters with the same support setup youre gonna be skipping a lot of repeated scenes. good writing and art though. sadly jp only. also its idols which i know some people arent into.

the funniest otome mobage is twisted wonderland which is disney branded and has the worlds jankiest looking combat system that ive never seen anyone talk about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEaN54wYilU&t=10s

Ah yes that one that comes off as kind barely Disney themed, that I've never seen anyone mention anything to do with gameplay for (literal first time I've seen gameplay for it ever despite being casually aware of its existence for a couple years now lol), and seems to be banking entirely on a popular character designers branding as well as Sony Music's massive branding and marketing in, in the Japanese market. That one apparently came out globally, but I've scarcely seen a word of it since it launched. It doesnt seem structured much for the global market where the brandings mean little for it in absence of anything explicitly Disney unless theres more super fan whales of that character designer than I'm aware of.:shrug:

Kale fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Sep 6, 2022

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
On account of being naiive and hopeful I've been saving the bad fate things. How soon after the banner are new characters released into the wild?

Might be all the hours of aranara brainwashing (enjoyed them all!) I've gone through the past week, chuckled too much at this.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

valuum posted:

On account of being naiive and hopeful I've been saving the bad fate things. How soon after the banner are new characters released into the wild?

Might be all the hours of aranara brainwashing (I enjoyed it all!) I've gone through the past week, chuckled too much at this.

Tighnari will be released to the non-event banner next patch, but that isn't a normal occurrence, and it's just so that you can get a 5 star of all elements from Wanderlust Invocation. 4 stars usually are, though.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Hellioning posted:

Tighnari will be released to the non-event banner next patch, but that isn't a normal occurrence, and it's just so that you can get a 5 star of all elements from Wanderlust Invocation. 4 stars usually are, though.

Notably there's still no Geo 5* on the Wanderlust Invocation. I wonder if there ever will be. It can't be any of the Geo characters released so far so it'd have to be a new one.

valuum posted:

To further explain, the vast majority of banner 5* characters are "event-exclusive" characters, meaning they're never added to the standard banner and you can only get them when they're featured. Tighnari's a special case. He's the first new 5* to be added to the standard banner in the game's entire lifespan so far.

New 4* characters, like Collei, are always added to the standard banner, though.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Sep 6, 2022

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Harrow posted:

Notably there's still no Geo 5* on the Wanderlust Invocation. I wonder if there ever will be. It can't be any of the Geo characters released so far so it'd have to be a new one.

Huh, I'll be damned. Could have sworn Albedo was on there...

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Hellioning posted:

Huh, I'll be damned. Could have sworn Albedo was on there...

Yeah people usually bring up Albedo as a character who'd make sense on the standard banner, but he can't be since he was introduced as event-exclusive. I do wonder if they'll ever make a new non-exclusive Geo character for the standard banner or just leave that gap there.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
They can add the fake Albedo with an identical moveset

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

BARTHOLOMEW THEODOSUS IS NOT AMUSED

RareAcumen posted:

I've been checking game8 and trying to figure out which ones are short and also don't require any or much Aranyaka progress.

https://game8.co/games/Genshin-Impact/archives/387498

Thanks, that's EXACTLY what I was looking for. Which is funny since I was on that site looking over a page that supposedly covered all of the quests, but a lot of stuff was listed as TBA.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Just saying there's no five star geo lady yet.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Right, thanks! Incredibly tiny % is better than none at all. At least in one out of a couple thousand pulls.

Also, uh, just noticed the new fishing bow. Seems underwhelming? Give it crit/cdmg and it'd be awesome for Tigh, but I guess they "learned" from previous mistakes and made it what it is. Not terrible if you're new, I guess.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ReverendHammer posted:

Thanks, that's EXACTLY what I was looking for. Which is funny since I was on that site looking over a page that supposedly covered all of the quests, but a lot of stuff was listed as TBA.

Yeah they're still missing a few of them like Garcia's Paean, Gourmet Supremos: Within Our Duties, and Cost-Effective Hook but it's better than nothing and they've got screenshots to guide you where and what specifically.

Eimi posted:

To be fair, women corner the market on 5*s for every element but Anemo and Dendro right now.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Eimi posted:

Ningguang is 5 stars in my heart

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

There's also no male Electro 5* until next patch, and there's no male 5* Cryo even in the pipe looks like :v:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Mix. posted:

There's also no male Electro 5* until next patch, and there's no male 5* Cryo even in the pipe looks like :v:

Isn't one of the characters in dev a Mondstadt cryo guy? Or did it turn out he's 4*?

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Harrow posted:

It always takes me a second to find Ninguang to put her in a team because I pretty much always forget she isnt a 5*, so I'm scanning over the thumbnails looking for the wrong colour background.

SiKboy fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Sep 6, 2022

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Harrow posted:

Same. She was my first built DPS.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

To be fair, women corner the market on 5*s for every element but Anemo and Dendro right now.
hydro is pretty even, and dendro seems like it'll be pretty male dominated. of the 4 dendro 5*s we know about (tighnari, al-haitham, kusanali, baizhu), kusanali is the only girl

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Eimi posted:

Isn't one of the characters in dev a Mondstadt cryo guy? Or did it turn out he's 4*?

Mika is a 4 star cryo polearm, fara is a cryo swordswoman 4 star

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Endorph posted:

hydro is pretty even, and dendro seems like it'll be pretty male dominated. of the 4 dendro 5*s we know about (tighnari, al-haitham, kusanali, baizhu), kusanali is the only girl

Yeah you've got a point, I should've been more specific and mention that hydro has the best gender split of all the elements on 5*s.

Mix. posted:

There's also no male Electro 5* until next patch

It's kinda funny that they're doing another take on Razor as the first one though. And speaking of which, him and Fischl should be better friends since they both have electro animal summons.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Tae posted:

Mika is a 4 star cryo polearm, fara is a cryo swordswoman 4 star

Ah, I thought he'd be the first male cryo 5*. Shame for the people who wanted that.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

valuum posted:

Right, thanks! Incredibly tiny % is better than none at all. At least in one out of a couple thousand pulls.

Also, uh, just noticed the new fishing bow. Seems underwhelming? Give it crit/cdmg and it'd be awesome for Tigh, but I guess they "learned" from previous mistakes and made it what it is. Not terrible if you're new, I guess.
It's pretty bad. I think it makes the most sense on collei because she stacks atk, has an easy time using all the stacks, can use the ER well, and is bad so you don't care about putting a better weapon on her.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
We dont even have a cryo catalsyt

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah they're still missing a few of them like Garcia's Paean, Gourmet Supremos: Within Our Duties, and Cost-Effective Hook but it's better than nothing and they've got screenshots to guide you where and what specifically.

afaik those are all linked to prerequisite sumeru commissions so they won't hlep with unlocking rep 2 :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Cryo is the evil element and we will not get a catalyst until 5* Tsaritsa in the endgame

prove me wrong, mihoyo.