Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

yeah that whole thing was a love letter to on cinema fans for sure, can't wait to see more of Deneker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

This was kind of inscrutable to my wife, but she likes Gregg reading from the Wikipedia for jitterbug, she clocked him immediately.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
honestly I loved every second of it, so many laugh out loud bits but the car horns honking during the montage is what really killed me

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
oh Mark...

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

Tato posted:

For 13 minutes it appeared Gregg once again poo poo the bed with his PopSecret money. Given the chance to make a movie, he just made it all about himself and his inane knowledge of VHS tapes. Thank god Tim salvaged things and turned it into one of the most thrilling films of the year. Almost too many Jacks for the screen to handle.

Completely forgot that Gregg spent money on this, lollll god

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
"I'll be eyes in the sky, this Jack is back".

Yesssssssss.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
"...I've got a table waiting for me with Einstein, and Jimi Hendrix, and Rush Limbaugh".

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

It's incredible how long this convertible bit is

I wonder if the queen of hearts actress will join the larger on cinema universe

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

this shot should be studied in every film class

more thoughts so I don't triple post:

gregg's codebreaker persona is just robbin from the rehearsal

the actress that played the Queen of Hearts played Tiffany in what?

...what? the 2011 Arthur with Russell Brand

wuggles fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Sep 3, 2022

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The kite scene was sublime.

gently caress YOU JOKER

Lamanda
Apr 18, 2003

I loved Gregg's pure joy during the Wizard of Oz dancenumber :3:

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
I hope that actress stays a part of the ocu, she was great

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

lol i was watching the valentine's day special after and realized this isnt the first time we've heard about JJ Denecker

Wendy was totally Tim's original Queen of Hearts

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

What is with the changed names for real? Is Adult Swim asserting ownership over Decker?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I assume it’s to make sure they’re free and clear owning it all. Additionally, JJ may have shifted dimensions when he died or the timeline could have been altered to change the names. Tim really crafted a work full of endless possibilities. Only one thing is for sure, Denecker’s gotta get laid!

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Tim confirmed at one point when they were launching HEI Network that Decker was the one thing that Adult Swim definitely still owned. I doubt Adult Swim is being aggressively lovely about it or anything but I would guess they felt they needed to stay away from any possible infringement, and then they figured out a way to make it make sense in-universe. Like the Tim lost the rights to Decker in one of his many bankruptcies

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

In my mind, Tim conceived of Denneker as a separate character, but he only knows how to write one thing. I didn't even think of a meta-explanation

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I blame the Delgados (but mostly WB)

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

wuggles posted:

In my mind, Tim conceived of Denneker as a separate character, but he only knows how to write one thing. I didn't even think of a meta-explanation

i mean, given he played two guys in deck of cards who were exactly like but not decker yeah

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I just want to enter Heaven so I can end this... purgatory.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Consummate Professional posted:

I blame the Delgados (but mostly WB)

GOD drat DELGADO'S!!!!

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Data Graham posted:

What is with the changed names for real? Is Adult Swim asserting ownership over Decker?

either way it works in-universe because 90 percent of this show is Tim flubbing names

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

antonio fanucci

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

O'Biden works because that's what Sarah Palin kept calling him in their 2008 VP debate.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

wuggles posted:

antonio fanucci

Quite a stroke to make him look like Soros

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The fanucci name is also a play on that lawyer Rosetti he hates right? Aside from just Fauci?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Tim confirmed at one point when they were launching HEI Network that Decker was the one thing that Adult Swim definitely still owned. I doubt Adult Swim is being aggressively lovely about it or anything but I would guess they felt they needed to stay away from any possible infringement, and then they figured out a way to make it make sense in-universe. Like the Tim lost the rights to Decker in one of his many bankruptcies

Yeah I heard Tim say somewhere that the rights to Decker were going to cost literally millions of dollars and it didn't make sense to buy it.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Does LaRoux still get to be LaRue outside of the Decker context though??

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Larue seems to have recovered, was he out of the chair?

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
The breakout star from Deck of Cards, the Queen of Hearts, was also in the seventh oscar special and a 2017 short called Queen of Hearts. Just a little trivia I thought was fun.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

the 2 of diamonds was voiced by the dudley moore impersonator from the same special, where gregg is the joker. and after tim takes over directing the dudley moore impersonator abruptly disappears, because tim hated him and kicked him off-set in that special. incredible layers, incredible

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Just, Gregg as the court-jester Joker but in Batman Joker makeup and that gormless grin

Unbelievably perfect

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Where do I watch this

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Sandwolf posted:

Where do I watch this

On the hei network. Not sure if it’s available for free tho. Most of the stuff they’ve put out in the last year requires the paid membership.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
The subscription is extremely worth it, a steady flow of quality content

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

derp posted:

The subscription is extremely worth it, a steady flow of quality content

Yeah I'm a happy subscriber. It's worth it just for the Oscar specials imo.

Anyways, this is pretty deep nerd but I'm going to the world premiere of Vera Drew's movie The People's Joker at the Toronto Film Festival next week and I'm pretty excited. I think David Liebe Hart has a big role too.

https://www.tiff.net/events/the-peoples-joker

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Another Bill posted:

Anyways, this is pretty deep nerd but I'm going to the world premiere of Vera Drew's movie The People's Joker at the Toronto Film Festival next week and I'm pretty excited. I think David Liebe Hart has a big role too.

That's very cool. Enjoy!

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Another Bill posted:

That rules, I watched some of the rough cut and it was cool

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

TIL Vera Drew is an Everything is Terrible! person. Not surprising, I suppose, buy still neat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/i/status/1572722920958603265