Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

bug fables is a really really good paper mario knockoff that is frankly better than the n64 game and at least on par with ttyd (and better in some ways) and more people should play it, though it's a bit too long to realistically finish it if you start it now

I was like "that seems like overkill" and then I checked the howlongtobeat and drat that's a surprisingly long game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

yeah it was 45 hours for me to 100% it. there's a LOT of extra content though and i'd wager prolly 30 hours is reasonable if you just play to the end and are not playing with the hard mode enabled, which is still a beefy length.

it's very good all the way through though, and if you're someone who laments that nintendo stopped making paper mario games 'right', it's blatantly made specifically for you.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Mighty Goose is awesome and you can 100% it in only a few hours, so highly suggested. Same with Artful Escape.

I guess I'm old because I am most looking forward to Train Sim 3.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

It's called immortality people. immortality itself is supernatural so that would suggest there's supernatural things in the game.

eh, most of the game's discussion with the audience involve cultural immortality as the end result of creating art. y'know, exegi monumentum poo poo. it's what the main character is fascinated with

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its still not a spoiler

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Its difficult to consider much Immortality discussion a spoiler unless you are talking about the literal character ends because someone could spend hours and never see it or stumble into it in the first click.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
It's about the journey not the destination. Spoiler tags are for people who don't appreciate art the correct way.

Sorry!

Dunning is Osterzone.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Metal Hellsinger is gamepass? Hell fuckin yeah thats 40 dollars (?) saved because I was all in to snag that.

More

Boomer

Shooters

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
i've been playing skul on gamepass. the action isn't quite as good as scourgebringer but you get more variety in playstyle. i guess it's more like dead cells (and even has a dead cells costume) but i'm having more fun with it

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Skul is cool. The gameplay isn't something groundbreaking but the art is really nice and the sheer depth of different skulls/abilities you can get is really impressive for a game of that style.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Stern Pinball just announced a James Bond pinball machine based primarily on Goldeneye, although it's reported that it will involve a few other films as well. surely this is a good sign for the Goldeneye licensing when it comes to this loving remake that they need to hurry up and announce already

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I'm actually doubting we will ever see a re-release of that game. It's a rights clusterfuck between Nintendo, Microsoft (Rare), Amazon (MGM), and a bunch of actors. The game would sell well, so everyone wants their piece and there are a bunch of platforms (Switch, Xbox, xCloud, Luna) owned by these companies that all have their own store platforms (eShop, Microsoft/Xbox store, Game Pass, Amazon store) that would demand a release.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's coming.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
My buddy Phil Specter will bring goldeneye right to your TV's and you can take that to the bank.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Lifespan posted:

Amazon (MGM)

I keep forgetting about that. Lol that Amazon has a stake in this

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Once someone left a note on my car that said, "You suck at parking"

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Was young just assuming because of the similarities but did the Goldeneye people go off and make Time Splitters?

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Lammasu posted:

Once someone left a note on my car that said, "You suck at parking"

And now it's a game! :haw:

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Was young just assuming because of the similarities but did the Goldeneye people go off and make Time Splitters?
Yes they did.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I really want Cult of the Lamb to come to Game Pass.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You're probably better off waiting yeah. It's a buggy mess and the endgame is kind of lacking. Hopefully it follows the Enter The Gungeon roadmap and gets a ton of sick updates over time.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Zurtilik posted:

It's about the journey not the destination. Spoiler tags are for people who don't appreciate art the correct way.

Sorry!

Dunning is Osterzone.

It's actually a spoiler about the journey.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Zurtilik posted:

Sorry!

Dunning is Osterzone.

That's not the best take.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I said come in! posted:

Free is a good price if you can get it. Its fun but runs out of steam too early on introducing new mechanics and its shallow mashup of systems has to coast on through the back half of the story

American McGay posted:

You're probably better off waiting yeah. It's a buggy mess and the endgame is kind of lacking. Hopefully it follows the Enter The Gungeon roadmap and gets a ton of sick updates over time.

Yeah cotl not being early access feels wrong.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Sep 6, 2022

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its also highly supernatural :ninja:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
At this point I really wish Stern would only a deal with Zen studios to just bring their tables to Pinball FX3 day and date with their physical releases, particularly because Farsight is a hilariously incompetent developer and the "real tables" I'm FX3 have far far better physics than Pinball Arcade. Plus I want to play that Goldeneye table and don't want to give Farsight any more money.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I don’t think the fx physics are that great — but I’m kind of sour on digital pinball.

But good news — farsight probably won’t release a single new stern game either!

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Professor Beetus posted:

At this point I really wish Stern would only a deal with Zen studios to just bring their tables to Pinball FX3 day and date with their physical releases, particularly because Farsight is a hilariously incompetent developer and the "real tables" I'm FX3 have far far better physics than Pinball Arcade. Plus I want to play that Goldeneye table and don't want to give Farsight any more money.

Stern can hardly release functional code for their actual machines, I shudder to think what half-baked packages Zen would have to deal with for any of the modern Sterns tbqh

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Spoiler arguments in the Xbox thread. Yet another sign of MS overtaking Sony this gen. If Phil just keeps doing what he's doing then in a year's time there'll be knock-down drag-out fights over whether anime is good/bad.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
How scary is Immortal? Is it something I should play during the daytime?

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Lammasu posted:

It depends how scared you are of boobs

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

acksplode posted:

Spoiler arguments in the Xbox thread. Yet another sign of MS overtaking Sony this gen. If Phil just keeps doing what he's doing then in a year's time there'll be knock-down drag-out fights over whether anime is good/bad.

All that the Xbox Series X must do is simply release a single game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its not scary

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Lammasu posted:

It's not a scary game at all, and you shouldn't play it with your kids in the room for other reasons.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I wonder if any streamers got strikes for it

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Immortality is more unnerving than it is scary. Like, there's a pall over everything and it has a way of making you feel pretty uneasy. There's only one jump scare I can think of, and it's Really loving Good but it's nothing I'd build my experience around.

That said, yeah, don't play this around children. Lots of boobs. Much loving.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

I said come in! posted:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

All that the Xbox Series X must do is simply release a single game

Xbox studios release a game in 2022 speedrun [impossible]

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
They were doing everyone a favor and giving them plenty of time to play GOTD Elden Ring. Thank you Phil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

American McGay posted:

They were doing everyone a favor and giving them plenty of time to play GOTD Elden Ring. Thank you Phil.