Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Seperate issue, but glinner is apparently back on twitter under a really obvious, derranged pseud account.

https://twitter.com/JimSterling/status/1566820928624926721?t=P7UEShtd5kyQvdriWk8GFw&s=19

His tweets & replies tab is the most unhinged, concentrated terf poo poo imaginable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
WTF?

The toilet appears to be under the kitchen sink! (see photo 4).

How the heck are you supposed to use that? Or do they only let to people with gentlemen's equipment and expect them to do No2 in a public convenience?

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/to-rent/details/62333972/

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

Well take it from the Scottish people repeatedly stating that Labour hate the SNP more than the Tories in Scotland at this point

Scottish Labour certainly do, but when has the Westminster Labour party given a poo poo about regional parties? I fall on the "Starmer will make any deals to cling to power" side, but it's certainly not implausible that he gets high on his own Hubris.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

I just chucked away some board backed styrofoam at work. Fuming knowing I could have put it up in London and sold it for 50 grand.

In a few months you'll regret not having eaten that

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Learn to poo poo while folded in half.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

WTF?

The toilet appears to be under the kitchen sink! (see photo 4).

How the heck are you supposed to use that? Or do they only let to people with gentlemen's equipment and expect them to do No2 in a public convenience?

"Very carefully."

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Seperate issue, but glinner is apparently back on twitter under a really obvious, derranged pseud account.

https://twitter.com/JimSterling/status/1566820928624926721?t=P7UEShtd5kyQvdriWk8GFw&s=19

His tweets & replies tab is the most unhinged, concentrated terf poo poo imaginable.

lol and going after Sterling of all people like glinner wasn't going to have one of the best fanbases dunking on him instantly

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Nothingtoseehere posted:

Scottish Labour certainly do, but when has the Westminster Labour party given a poo poo about regional parties? I fall on the "Starmer will make any deals to cling to power" side, but it's certainly not implausible that he gets high on his own Hubris.

About ¼ of the PLP, people like Pat McFudden, are Scots in Westminster seats, the loathing is deep

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

That's the outgoing prime minister. Looks a bit floppy though, I guess some of the custard must have leaked out earlier in the day.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Had to happen eventually.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I don't like it when the nice dogs disagree

But yeah scotlab definitely hates them more cause England barely knows Scotland exists but Scotland used to belong to Labour which benefitted the English Labour Party, since they lost Scotland they've done nothing but eat poo poo in elections.
Plus if the SNP failed the thinking is probably that Scotland would go Labour again not tory (lol imo).

They could probably just call the SNPs bluff and let Scotland vote to stay in again, but that didn't hurt the snp last time so they'd probably just successfully campaign on a 3rd referendum within a year of the result

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Wow, what a humdinger of an opening speech by Truss! Stylishly delivered and packed with detail, if this is a sign of what her leadership will be like, then I am fully on board!

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Gotta love how she priorities getting those drat skivers over the freezing and dying of (reportedly) her people.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Bobby Deluxe posted:

lmao, oval office's bio/tagline/whatever is "Remember: Lib Dems received £100,000 from a company that makes puberty blockers"

That's their scandal of the year? A party that's barely a party received a trifling amount for a corporate political donation from a company that among other things makes medicines where the main side effect is a slight reduction in the lifelong risk of certain cancers.

What a bitter lovely coward.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

poo poo on the oven door then move it into the bowl with a spatula. It's only slightly less hygienic than the current setup.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's like a squat toilet except you have to keep your knees at a right angle and sort of wiggle yourself back into the pooping crevice. May be advisible to include a tether to extricate yourself afterwards.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

i'd vote for it, it looks like it would be a good laugh to have a pint w/

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Guavanaut posted:

poo poo on the oven door then move it into the bowl with a spatula. It's only slightly less hygienic than the current setup.
Maybe it's like those studies where they reveal that the average toilet has less bacteria than the average office desk. Having a toilet next to the food prep is actually more hygenic, checkmate atheists.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

What I don't get is how that place is the price that it is, given how far away from central London it seems to be. To the point where it's more accurate to describe the location as "how very close to the edge of 'still technically London' it is".

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

People have to live somewhere and if the entire rental market is trying to get as much out of you as possible they're gonna end up like that.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Is there anything indicating this actually is Linehan?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Johnny Mercer has been relieved of his position as Minister for Having a Normal One, but lest anyone question his commitment to the cause:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
NO WHITE MEN IN THE CABINET 111!!!!

Hope that boils the piss of some massive dickheads

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/sG96J

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

I feel so strongly about that flat with the toilet under the sink that I've reported it to Barnet Council (and what a pain it is finding an email address for them!)
Absolutely sure it breaks some law somewhere!

Now they're Labour (I think) maybe they'll do something!

Ed: Huh - seems the email address is basically for parking fine queries and few other bits and bobs. I don't want to phone them because reports on the internet is that they don't answer the phone or hang up on people.

Reported it to Zoopla now.

Private Speech posted:

What I don't get is how that place is the price that it is, given how far away from central London it seems to be. To the point where it's more accurate to describe the location as "how very close to the edge of 'still technically London' it is".

I used to live a bit north of there in Woodside Park. It's maybe 25-45 minutes into central London depending on time of day, persons on the line, signal failures etc.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Sep 6, 2022

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Does anyone want a complimentary Crusader Kings 3 steam key, I am deliberately not going to take it as I will end up buying every piece of DLC ever made

edit: gone

Convex fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Sep 6, 2022

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Convex posted:

Does anyone want a complimentary Crusader Kings 3 steam key, I am deliberately not going to take it as I will end up buying every piece of DLC ever made

Yeah kinda, I've played 2 to death (as much as time allows)

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Nilbop posted:

Is there anything indicating this actually is Linehan?

Believe this was the smoking gun, but it's been suspected for some time, along with some other accounts. a bunch of Much-More-Online-than-me pro-trans tweeters that normally seem reasonable and trustworthy generally take it as established fact from their own experience, so take from that what you will.

https://twitter.com/aidanctweets/status/1480827026521083905

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Speaking of unhinged TERF related stuff #IStandWithChristianHenson is currently trending on twitter. I don't know who Christian Henson is beyond being a composer but apparently he's tweeted something anti-trans and been suspended from his workplace.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
New cabinet appointments

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Thank goodness climate change isn't real and doesn't have any negative consequences, and that there is no problem with energy prices or security

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/sep/06/jacob-rees-mogg-climate-alarmism-uk-energy-brief

otherwise this would be pretty bad

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Thank goodness climate change isn't real and doesn't have any negative consequences, and that there is no problem with energy prices or security

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/sep/06/jacob-rees-mogg-climate-alarmism-uk-energy-brief

otherwise this would be pretty bad

He'll get Monckton a job in government.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Theresa Coffey is our new deputy PM and Health Secretary

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

It very much bums me out that he's chosen to defile Amnesiac for that account.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
It's hard to tell if they're deliberately picking the worst people for each job in order to stick up two fingers to anyone who isn't a Tory party member, or if they're just all so bad that any MP would look terrible for any cabinet job. Kind of leaning towards the latter.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Lmao. Jonny Mercer’s wife taking his sacking well

https://twitter.com/mercer_felicity/status/1567229997881987078

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

bessantj posted:

Speaking of unhinged TERF related stuff #IStandWithChristianHenson is currently trending on twitter. I don't know who Christian Henson is beyond being a composer but apparently he's tweeted something anti-trans and been suspended from his workplace.
Some poo poo about puberty blockers again. People who have no clue how they work have very strong opinions about them.

They should probably be made more available outside of just gender affirmation and precocious puberty, because of their effectiveness at lowering cancer risk later in life. That'd also have the side effect of making these people sound even more unhinged to the general population, like when the dominionist nutters went off about the cervical cancer vaccine.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Guavanaut posted:

Some poo poo about puberty blockers again. People who have no clue how they work have very strong opinions about them.

They should probably be made more available outside of just gender affirmation and precocious puberty, because of their effectiveness at lowering cancer risk later in life. That'd also have the side effect of making these people sound even more unhinged to the general population, like when the dominionist nutters went off about the cervical cancer vaccine.

Yeah, I'm still uneducated about a lot of the transitioning process but after hearing trans people and doctors talk about bits of the process puberty blockers seem like a God send.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Guavanaut posted:

Wait til they start losing hair and find out it's anti-androgens all the way.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

I never said you could share my selfie :(

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Puberty blockers:

I too am not 100% on this (I mean in terms of understanding).

When people say to me stuff like no one under the age of 18 should get these things, what I have gleaned mostly from here (and stand to be corrected!) and say to them - well to the ones who are willing to have a proper discussion anyway - is:
"As I understand it, if you go through puberty in your outward body, then irreversible physiological changes occur. However, if you take puberty blockers and don't go through puberty at the 'usual' age, and then when you're 18 or whatever decide that actually you don't wish to transition, you stop taking the blockers and have puberty, albeit at a later age than most people, and with no adverse effects."

Is this understanding right?

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Sep 6, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Guavanaut posted:

Also he did the familiar cycle of going from 'I can keep silent no longer: it is every parent's duty to watch this insightful youtube video essay by Graham Linehan' to 'i am reflecting, i am taking a break, i am deleting my twitter' within 24 hours once people gave him pushback, and this apparently was the work of the transgender deep state gestapo.