Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i used to get some really weird PMs from a now banned goon because i posted my appreciation for (then) cody rhodes and (currently) britt baker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

JOHN CENA posted:

i used to get some really weird PMs from a now banned goon because i posted my appreciation for (then) cody rhodes and (currently) britt baker

the britt baker derangement syndrome is the real issue with the aew thread that should be addressed

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

isn't it like the one guy that flips out every week and starts out the whole thing each time

if not it seems like it lol

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

gently caress the mods. they are losers.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

That DICK! posted:

gently caress the mods. they are losers.

:smith:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Alaois posted:

the britt baker derangement syndrome is the real issue with the aew thread that should be addressed

Whats the "Britt Baker Derangement Syndrome"? Is it that britt baker isnt that good? I do not think that is a derangened opinion solely from this forum or even people acting in bad faith elsewhere on the internet believe. there are people that believe she didnt step up from her character that was chasing the title and actually regressed both in ring and character wise & that there are much better in ring wrestlers that AEW employees than her. i do not think its a questionable or bad faith opinion for people to have. This is not me saying people that like Britt are wrong, this is more a post about how wrestling as a whole is a genre of entertainment more similar to fictional shows where people will enjoy characters more than others and dislike other characters more than others and posters should understand that not every take is in bad faith or an attack against what they like which should provoke them into the need to disprove the others opinion, unless the other posters opinion is very abrasive.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
people shouldn't focus on one wrestler they hate and post trash talk about them all the time, unless it's beepie because that one's mine and it's totally valid and justified

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

El Generico posted:

people shouldn't focus on one wrestler they hate and post trash talk about them all the time, unless it's beepie because that one's mine and it's totally valid and justified

brian pillman jr is just not good at anything, but i think if someone is a major focus of a division and show people have the right to constantly talk about how theyre not that good. It wasnt a problem when less good wrestlers were getting pushed above better ones back when people used to watch and talk about wwe before it went to complete poo poo the last few years, why should it be off limits and treated as bad think in aew?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

KungFu Grip posted:

brian pillman jr is just not good at anything, but i think if someone is a major focus of a division and show people have the right to constantly talk about how theyre not that good. It wasnt a problem when less good wrestlers were getting pushed above better ones back when people used to watch and talk about wwe before it went to complete poo poo the last few years, why should it be off limits and treated as bad think in aew?

I think Alaois is referring to someone posting about how Britt is constantly being megapushed and will inevitably be champ forever despite her jobbing a bunch since dropping the belt

e: Beepie sucks is the view that will bring the forum together

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

Whats the "Britt Baker Derangement Syndrome"? Is it that britt baker isnt that good? I do not think that is a derangened opinion solely from this forum or even people acting in bad faith elsewhere on the internet believe. there are people that believe she didnt step up from her character that was chasing the title and actually regressed both in ring and character wise & that there are much better in ring wrestlers that AEW employees than her. i do not think its a questionable or bad faith opinion for people to have. This is not me saying people that like Britt are wrong, this is more a post about how wrestling as a whole is a genre of entertainment more similar to fictional shows where people will enjoy characters more than others and dislike other characters more than others and posters should understand that not every take is in bad faith or an attack against what they like which should provoke them into the need to disprove the others opinion, unless the other posters opinion is very abrasive.

I'm talking about the people who's opinions on Britt Baker transcend from "I don't think she's a good wrestler" to trying to implicate her as being a bad person in real life and how she's singlehandedly and knowingly ruining AEW's women's division with her ego

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

you all need to get it together. you are all pathetic.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Me?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Alaois posted:

I'm talking about the people who's opinions on Britt Baker transcend from "I don't think she's a good wrestler" to trying to implicate her as being a bad person in real life and how she's singlehandedly and knowingly ruining AEW's women's division with her ego

Do you have any examples of this?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think its fine if people dont like britt baker i just find it weird people get so mad if someone else likes them, which thankfully hasnt happened lately.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Rarity posted:

I think Alaois is referring to someone posting about how Britt is constantly being megapushed and will inevitably be champ forever despite her jobbing a bunch since dropping the belt

e: Beepie sucks is the view that will bring the forum together
i like brian jr because he's so awkward and bad.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JOHN CENA posted:

i like brian jr

Reported

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

edogawa rando posted:

there is definitely one person I put on ignore after I saw like the third weekly post by him in row starting with "I know you're all sick of hearing me talk about this but" and then three full paragraphs about how Britt Baker is killing women's wrestling

I couldn't tell you who it was because they're now assimilated into the faceless mass that is my ignore list

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
People get way more mad that somebody likes a wrestler they don't like than vice versa from what I've seen.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

People get way more mad that somebody likes a wrestler they don't like than vice versa from what I've seen.

yeah. like the kidd bandit and maki itoh fandoms on here, i dont think either of them is the greatest wrestler in the world but if people like them and enjoy them and their presence keeps people involved in wrestling i dont see any harm as long as it doesn't enter a weird stalker territory

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

StarkRavingMad posted:

there is definitely one person I put on ignore after I saw like the third weekly post by him in row starting with "I know you're all sick of hearing me talk about this but" and then three full paragraphs about how Britt Baker is killing women's wrestling

I couldn't tell you who it was because they're now assimilated into the faceless mass that is my ignore list
i only have two people on my ignore list and astral said there's a non zero chance that i would break the forums if i removed the one person from it who was put on there by radium

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

edogawa rando posted:

It 100% exists often in combination with Emi Sakura/Joshi derangement syndrome where people post really wild takes about why Tony Khan is elevating Britt who buries the division and sucks in ring, doesn't put Emi on tv, hates the Joshi wrestlers on the roster, hates women's wrestling etc etc etc. There's some real vicious poo poo out there about Britt that far outweighs whatever she's done on AEW programming.

It's maybe more of a genre of post on twitter and reddtt than here but it exists and occasionally leaks into the forums.

Here's a good sampling:
https://twitter.com/search?q=britt%20khan&src=typed_query

Edit for a note on current forum dynamics:
As a serious posting warrior (check out my rap sheet), my feeling is that most of the forum has mellowed out and become more reasonable on both sides of the divide since the list incident. Mostly everyone's coexisting pretty reasonably and not trying to make everything one thing or another.

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Sep 2, 2022

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
for the love of god, stop the drat match and give us new mods!!!!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I think what is readily apparent from reading these last few pages is that we don't need any moderation and people are perfectly capable of talking out their issues like adults.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

More like George W Poo-shi.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

El Generico posted:

Having met Beepie a bunch I can tell you at least he's nice?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
If I was a Mod everyone itt would be forced to work this out by GOING ONE ON ONE WITH THE UNDERTAKER!

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

The Hausu Usher posted:

A couple weeks ago this person who doesn't normally post in wrestling threads popped in to talk poo poo and the thread treated them like a brony sitting down for a pop tart in Satriale's.

Click the post number and it should take you to the thread and the responses they got. It was like immediate shutdown and exclusion and examples of where a mod could have came in and encouraged people to either discuss or ignore. I try and only post in the game day thread's because the clique is just not fun to post in amongst - very hive mind, which must be fun for them but if the forum is supposed to be for more than that then surely a balance can be struck?

*topes suicidas into the thread*

*looks around*

*topes suicidas out of the thread*

If you don't believe me that I did a topes suicidas, just remember that loving everybody does them!

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Malcolm Excellent posted:

If I was a Mod everyone itt would be forced to work this out by GOING ONE ON ONE WITH THE UNDERTAKER!

I could take him.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Quantum of Phallus posted:

for the love of god, stop the drat match and give us new mods!!!!

I have stopped the drat match, and will make an announcement when there are new mods.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
After careful consideration and consulting with many parties, I am pleased to announce PSP's new mods: Ganso Bomb and Critical

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Hello everyone!

Since I am no longer degening in Vegas and my brain has recovered from becoming complete tapioca (debatable) I wanted to share some thoughts and open this back up. New mods are in full swing and this being a completely batshit week that will probably get even more batshit I'm sure people have things to say.

I believe, and I'm sure the rest of the mod team agrees with me, that this is the best place on the webs to discuss most things, by a fairly wide margin. I wouldn't have stuck around for nearly 15 years (Jesus Haploid Christ) otherwise. It ain't perfect, but nowhere is going to be. I love this place and was pretty honored to be tapped to help out. Being deep in an edible high while gorging myself at a buffet when I read the PM from HK probably helped a bit. So I'm going to do the best I can to keep it that way and improve the experience for everyone.

This thread seems to think that the "words before buttons" philosophy is best, and I very much tend to agree. You may have noticed in the AEW thread. A slight nudging of the conversation seems to have helped keep the thread from hurtling completely off the rails. Also spent most of the night last night nearly in tears laughing at some of the posts in there, so I appreciate the effort of everyone to keep sane.

That being said, I realize that it can be a thin line to walk sometimes and I don't want to smother conversation. If you feel like that may be happening, please let me know. My PMs are open for pretty much any reason.

One thing I would like to address is dogpiling. Sometimes it seems like when an unpopular opinion is posted this place is suddenly NBA All Star Weekend and everyone is trying to be MJ from the free throw line by getting the best dunk on the offending post. It can be a little much and can foster the unwelcoming vibe some people can feel. If you see something you don't agree with and a bunch of people have already commented on it, just repeating the same poo poo with altered verbiage doesn't help much. Please give it a thought before planting your flag on the top of that mountain. Please note that this is not a rule and I'm not going to start bopping people for disagreeing with each other. I'm literally the newest mod on the site and am not just making new poo poo up without discussing it with the team first. Just a light suggestion that I think will improve discourse a bit.

I'm going keep this open for some discussion on how things are going. As always please keep it civil.

I appreciate all of you. Here is a picture of my dumb chubby cat, as a treat.

Critical fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Sep 7, 2022

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
I will say in just a day you've been doing quite well just by checking in and being communicative.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Nea posted:

I will say in just a day you've been doing quite well just by checking in and being communicative.

Well I think Critical's doing a terrible job.

We need at least 300% more cat pics :colbert:

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Rarity posted:

be the change you want to see in the world

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I have no cat, this is why I need pics!

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Rarity posted:

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Rarity posted:

I have no cat, this is why I need pics!

This is Paul, he was living in the train station in the town I grew up in. This pic is over 10 years old.

rip ya little goblin

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Rarity posted:

Daddy Magic does have 3 cats you know.....

I'll see what i can do lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

ok here’s my cat in a state of non-violence with bonus dog