Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Numero6 posted:

What was about CM Punk saying that Hangman want into business himself and almost jeopardized the show?

Hangman indirectly refereed the Cabana situation which was not a part of the story the were telling leading into the match. I suppose the jeopardizing was that fans would think Punk had Cabana fired which would turn them against him and the show wouldn't draw as much, or I guess if he pissed Punk off enough Punk would just walk out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Numero6 posted:

What was about CM Punk saying that Hangman want into business himself and almost jeopardized the show?

During a face to face promo in the ring before their title match, Hangman made a few veiled comments about Punk not being as well liked and good for the company as he presented himself as, and made an extremely vague comment about being able to tell the audience something about Punk that would make them dislike him (presumably the Cabana thing). Literally no-one got what he was talking about and either forgot about it or thought it made Page seem unfocused and kind of unlikeable. Then Punk held on to being pissed off about it for 3 months and randomly called Page out on Dynamite when it wasn't the plan for the segment, knowing he wasn't going to come out and gently caress up the live TV show, purely to embarrass him for something everyone had forgotten about and made the comment I quoted above about wanting the apology to be public... somehow.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

“you’re lucky i’m only a very thin-skinned baby instead of an insanely thin-skinned baby”

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

Alaois posted:

of course he was, he's worried Punk and Ace are coming for him next

the funniest bit of punk's rant really was him randomly deciding to personally call out bryan while he was in the room

especially with the knowledge that dave forced him to go to the scrum to begin with

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

PaybackJack posted:

Hangman indirectly refereed the Cabana situation which was not a part of the story the were telling leading into the match. I suppose the jeopardizing was that fans would think Punk had Cabana fired which would turn them against him and the show wouldn't draw as much, or I guess if he pissed Punk off enough Punk would just walk out.

Gaz-L posted:

During a face to face promo in the ring before their title match, Hangman made a few veiled comments about Punk not being as well liked and good for the company as he presented himself as, and made an extremely vague comment about being able to tell the audience something about Punk that would make them dislike him (presumably the Cabana thing). Literally no-one got what he was talking about and either forgot about it or thought it made Page seem unfocused and kind of unlikeable. Then Punk held on to being pissed off about it for 3 months and randomly called Page out on Dynamite when it wasn't the plan for the segment, knowing he wasn't going to come out and gently caress up the live TV show, purely to embarrass him for something everyone had forgotten about and made the comment I quoted above about wanting the apology to be public... somehow.

Ohhh ok thank you. I couldn't remember what happened but yeah I expected something more important lol.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

yea ok posted:

bryan was pretty heated on WOL today

What he say?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

nothing you haven't read already, just in his own super chico way

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

yea ok posted:

nothing you haven't read already, just in his own super chico way

I imagine he was specifically like um why did I get called out?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Numero6 posted:

Ohhh ok thank you. I couldn't remember what happened but yeah I expected something more important lol.

To just add a tad, I also don't get the 'jeopardising the gate' thing. The building was already sold out. Unless Punk was gonna walk over those verbal vague-tweets, he's either deluded or lying.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Gaz-L posted:

To just add a tad, I also don't get the 'jeopardising the gate' thing. The building was already sold out. Unless Punk was gonna walk over those verbal vague-tweets, he's either deluded or lying.

Yeah that was the major point that made me wonder what happened.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Gaz-L posted:

There's a very simple answer here: it's both!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Punk is absolutely a delusional narcissist.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1567269017836204033

i cannot even imagine what amazing take Lance Storm has about all this

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Shard posted:

He spent like a good five minutes ranting about exactly this lol

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

a cyborg mug posted:

He spent like a good five minutes ranting about exactly this lol

this whole episode has been Brian at 110% rant power

it owns

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Shard posted:

Also making the point that Punk isn't the first to (presumably) watch a clipped version of a full show and assume that was the sum total of what was said on a subject, despite everybody knowing that Bryan is head apprentice to the Master of Rambling on a Subject with an Increasing Series of Tangents.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs6O_PKv7rI

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I normally find the Granny segments interesting but I enjoy an extended discussion of Lashley and Brock throwing German duplexes at each other like it's Kaiju big battle

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
*chomps his muffin*

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Punk w/ Ace Steel vs Bryan w/ Filthy Tom in a grudge match at Black Label Pro

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

God know's I'm used to Dave being vague but I sure wish he'd elaborated a bit on 'There were things going on and a lot of people who tried to make it worse.'

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Arbite posted:

God know's I'm used to Dave being vague but I sure wish he'd elaborated a bit on 'There were things going on and a lot of people who tried to make it worse.'

Someone was in the back egging things on:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E1VY4KOghI

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://twitter.com/realsamfines/status/1567269485102465024

Bryan… GOOD?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

dsriggs posted:

Bryan… GOOD?

drat, that looks like a pretty good match!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Is that Dave at 1:26 just loving seeing Bryan get slapped?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

drat, that looks like a pretty good match!

It was pretty fun! Honestly was laid out really well and had a lot of F4D references. From them rolling a bit to that Stump Puller finish (which I marked hard for).

The only issue was it was on in the middle of the night and followed the Marko/roid guy match that went way too long. To the point Marko was getting boos for kicking out lol.

Digital Jedi posted:

Yep! Neon green sweatshirt tied around his neck hahaha

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Digital Jedi posted:

He left right after Bryan's match too.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
i'm amazed that he learned to do a swanton bomb.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Gaz-L posted:

He said all of that while torpedoing MJF's return angle.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Has Dave ever rated a Bryan match?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Dango Bango posted:

Yep! Neon green sweatshirt tied around his neck hahaha

i love dave

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.
Hey-la-day-la

Ace Steel bit Kenny Omega

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"Bryan lost. He sucks.
Tom won. He's good."

Sheer poetry.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Raeg posted:

Hey-la-day-la

Ace Steel bit Kenny Omega

lol what the hell happened to aew

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

NienNunb posted:

Has Dave ever rated a Bryan match?

why would he watch the show, Nunb?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

lol Bryan finally figuring out what the power knuckle hold refers to. I thought it was obvious.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://twitter.com/fromammo/status/1567762253973266432

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Wrestling Podcasts: you look like a little kid in a Halloween costume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

is this being played at 1.5x speed or something?