Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

Wizard Master posted:

You only have one family. My parents are long dead and I miss them so.

My siblings and I differ greatly on politics but we get along great. Hell, my wife and I are polar opposites.

Never lose a relationship you care about over something as stupid as politics.

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Wizard Master posted:

My siblings and I differ greatly on politics but we get along great. Hell, my wife and I are polar opposites.

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Wait what are your wife’s reprehensible political views?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
Lol @ "please please please don't drop contact with your family members over their reprehensible views on women / minorities / the poor"

This is consequences for actions, driving people away is a natural consequence of saying toxic poo poo. Maybe stop saying things that drive people away if you don't like that outcome, I don't know.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Wizard Master posted:

If your family actively hates your friends, spouse, etc you dont salvage that out of some sense of family ties.

Nobody is pretending it would be easy, but you dont actually have to maintain family ties with a racist bigot because you were blood related

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
W I Z A R D M A S T E R
I
Z
A
R
D
M
A
S
T
E
R

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Wizard Master posted:

I'm going to assume they died from reading your posts

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
Imagine dissing your own wife online in support of a webforum.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Wizard Master posted:

What if your family's politics are "I want people like you and your wife dead or homeless"? It's kind of hard to maintain bonds with somebody whose political party explicitly doesn't want you to have civil rights or anything resembling a livable life. "It's just politics" is just enabling the worst kind of bigotry and telling the marginalized people in your life you don't care if they live or die. My dad moved to a state that is explicitly fighting against my civil rights, after a lifetime of spewing the worst kinds of lies and bigotry about people like me before I was out to him. He can kick rocks all the way to his lonely grave.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Annointed posted:

May I ask to see posts where FYAD and CQS doxxed people?

Didn't GIP do that kyleidr dipshit?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

lmao, come on son.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
I kind of remember all the times the Awful Link of the Day on the frontpage would laugh at and link to the website of some nobody. Usually a fetishist, some terrible webcomic, a conspriacy theorist, a white nationalist, literal teenagers social media profiles or someone who clearly has mental health issues but created a bonkers geocities site about crystal energies being emitted from phones. If they had their own little message board or address book it would get flooded by goons for a day or two. On a few occasions, they would comment or mention getting death threats

At the time it was hilarious to me as a lovely teen, but so many of those sites have vanished that I wonder what happened to those people. Did they move on from those old identities? Are they still doing the same thing?

I. M. Gei posted:

Wait, KF had a fitness subforum?

Also a fashion and makeup subforum.

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008
https://twitter.com/keffals/status/1567259373671522307

drat, so all that information goes down with the ship. That's a huge relief.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

les enfants Terrific! posted:

What was that term the romans used when someone was so lovely they removed all traces of that person from their history?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

It couldn't be any better.

Yaldabaoth posted:

What was that term the romans used when someone was so lovely they removed all traces of that person from their history?

Is this a "cancel culture" joke?

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

shame on an IGA posted:

politics is the organized and formal system by which your neighbors decide if they want to give each other a pass on killing you

hmmm so is the hate mob the informal system? how does twitter and elon musk fit into this.

Also about doxing I ve been thinking about it.

We live in a era where everyone is told to put their real name face out there. not just for poo poo like live journal, myspace, or facebook, but even serious poo poo like linkedin.

I get it were not 14 in 1999 playing on AOL in the computer in the kitchen being all edgy listening to mp3's we downloaded from Morpheus, she saying nasty poo poo on IRC and poo poo posting on forums.

But lets say someone finds your old AOL handle and then unearths a bunch of MSpaints you made of goku and shinji loving EVA unit 01 in front of hilter.

Then they go out to your linkedin and send it to all your co workers while demanding on Social media you not only be fired from your job but that no company do any services for you.

Kinda hosed up.

....I m gonna go look at the randow waffle images now....just to check on something

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Yaldabaoth posted:

Damnatio memoriae?

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Haschel Cedricson posted:

Damnatio memoriae?

That's it, such a fitting term for what Kiwi Farms deserved.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I. M. Gei posted:

Yeah fitness whole pizza harassment campaign in my mouth some poor LGBTQ+ person's life.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Imagine dissing your own wife online in support of a webforum.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Imagine a grandma

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Jimlit posted:

Imagine a grandma

Imagine four grandmas at the edge of a cliff

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Azuth0667 posted:

Didn't GIP do that kyleidr dipshit?

I am unaware of this.

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

I. M. Gei posted:

General, Arts & Lit, Business, Food, Games, Fitness, Tech, Media, Music, Current Events, Etc.

The place is/was bigger than SA judging by the size of some of the threads I'm seeing (it's still up via Tor).

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
life’s too short to let lovely bigots make it worse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4_COOh4VXw

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

teen witch posted:

Imagine four grandmas at the edge of a cliff

Doxxing works the same way

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Ups_rail posted:

hmmm so is the hate mob the informal system? how does twitter and elon musk fit into this.

Also about doxing I ve been thinking about it.

We live in a era where everyone is told to put their real name face out there. not just for poo poo like live journal, myspace, or facebook, but even serious poo poo like linkedin.

I get it were not 14 in 1999 playing on AOL in the computer in the kitchen being all edgy listening to mp3's we downloaded from Morpheus, she saying nasty poo poo on IRC and poo poo posting on forums.

But lets say someone finds your old AOL handle and then unearths a bunch of MSpaints you made of goku and shinji loving EVA unit 01 in front of hilter.

Then they go out to your linkedin and send it to all your co workers while demanding on Social media you not only be fired from your job but that no company do any services for you.

Kinda hosed up.

....I m gonna go look at the randow waffle images now....just to check on something

This is what KF was doing, OP, and they have now been stopped from doing it. No-one had to dox the forum, because its users made explicit bomb threats in public doxxing threads on purpose.

If this worries you, be glad that one of the spaces where that activity was sanctioned is now gone.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Fiddler on the Reef posted:

General, Arts & Lit, Business, Food, Games, Fitness, Tech, Media, Music, Current Events, Etc.

The place is/was bigger than SA judging by the size of some of the threads I'm seeing (it's still up via Tor).

it's pretty much the only really big old school style internet forum I can think of that wasn't founded in the web 1.0 era

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
if you don’t call out your lovely friends and family, someone else will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqH_0LPVoho

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Is this the first time the Internet Archive has done something like this?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

First time I've heard of it, certainly

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

Somfin posted:

This is what KF was doing, OP, and they have now been stopped from doing it. No-one had to dox the forum, because its users made explicit bomb threats in public doxxing threads on purpose.

If this worries you, be glad that one of the spaces where that activity was sanctioned is now gone.

Unfortunately it's still up (via tor and a different tld via ipv6) and there are a couple of thousand people connected r/n. :munch:

e: to be fair, I think only Tor will survive unless somehow a ddos mitigator doesn't drop them

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Wait exactly how big is KF because I thought it was like a couple hundred people.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

I bet over on storm front / pol or whatever there are a bunch of derricks talking about how they aren't going to show up to thanksgiving too. A ton of family's are going to have kick rear end holidays with none of the typical assholes showing up.

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

Hollismason posted:

Wait exactly how big is KF because I thought it was like a couple hundred people.

88K members, 100K threads. 858 members logged in. 1800 guests.

But this is unprecedented given all the drama. I have no idea how many active users they got before all this.

Full disclosure: I used to follow the KF Lowtax, General SA, and Lowtax v Ashlii (legal) threads (that's right there were three, lol), starting with the Logan thing up until when he offed himself.

Fiddler on the Reef fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Sep 6, 2022

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

No surprise there.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

SeANMcBAY posted:

They make archives un-viewable at the request of site owners all the time.

So the question I'd have is whether the KF owner did that himself. It would make sense on his part -- it's not benefiting him to have archives available to everyone else while he's trying to survive on the darkweb.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

SeANMcBAY posted:

I think they did the same thing to 4chan

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

I think they did the same thing to 4chan

yep

plaintiff
May 15, 2015

Wait so KF is up right now though right, on the Daily Stormer host? Is it as easy to access as before (I sure as hell ain't touching it either way)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

okay there's a wiki article on it

https://wiki.archiveteam.org/index.php/List_of_websites_excluded_from_the_Wayback_Machine

some sus as hell urls in there, but also quora and snopes for some reason, and amusingly schmorky dot com