Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
https://www.vice.com/en/article/4axnwg/kiwi-farms-is-down-after-cloudflare-boots-the-site-as-a-customer

Vice posted:

Cloudflare blocked service to Kiwi Farms, a notoriously transphobic forum with users that stalked, harassed and doxed vulnerable people since it started in 2013, on Saturday, according to an announcement made by Cloudflare co-founder and CEO Matthew Prince. The decision follows weeks of public pressure for Cloudflare to drop its protection service to the site.

Cloudflare’s terms of use forbid “content that discloses sensitive personal information, incites or exploits violence, or is intended to defraud the public.” In the past, Cloudflare has removed service from vile websites including neo-nazi website the Daily Stormer in 2017, and terrorist manifesto hotbed 8chan in 2019, effectively deplatforming and these websites and their members off the internet.

who was funding these assholes enough to make it worth cloudflare's time to keep them around for this long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I thought the guy who ran that site took it down years ago after he himself got doxxed or something.

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

rip but not really

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
Cloudflare only "cares" when they get bad press, because Matthew Prince is an alt-right shithead that has no problem with hosting these sites. They were unwilling to remove KiwiFarts as a customer until site owners started threatening to leave Cloudflare.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Al gore really hosed up when he invented the internet.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Al gore really hosed up when he invented the internet.

it's okay sometimes like when i need to jack it

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
peepeefarms

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
There's no way that it's a coincidence that this is happening now, so soon after Marjorie Taylor Greene was on Fox News claiming that "radical leftists" from Kiwifarms were trying to kill her, and demanding someone shut them down:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/marjorie-taylor-greene-house-swatted-second-night-1234581527/

Lmao. Some real Alien vs. Predator poo poo, this.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Brooks Cracktackle posted:

rip but not really

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h3Zx4bV0RE

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

a sad day for stalkers

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

There's no way that it's a coincidence that this is happening now, so soon after Marjorie Taylor Greene was on Fox News claiming that "radical leftists" from Kiwifarms were trying to kill her, and demanding someone shut them down:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/marjorie-taylor-greene-house-swatted-second-night-1234581527/

Lmao. Some real Alien vs. Predator poo poo, this.

didn't know about congress lizard getting targeted, i just assumed that they didn't care until the right people on twitter made enough of a stink for the cost/benefit analysis to tip the other way

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Good times when Lowtax popped back into SA after a hiatus and was gushing about how awesome KF was and how SA really needed more of that sort of 'humor', then made a bunch of lovely changes to the forums.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

gently caress em lol

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

good I'm glad

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

I Greyhound posted:

Good times when Lowtax popped back into SA after a hiatus and was gushing about how awesome KF was and how SA really needed more of that sort of 'humor', then made a bunch of lovely changes to the forums.

i'm torn between missing gaming garbage and being deeply ashamed about ever having found him funny

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I'm closing this for one moment so I can lay down a few ground rules. Thread is important and I want it to be a good place to discuss this issue.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Ok so:

This is a fraught topic in some respects.

The basics are:

1) treat each other with respect
2) feel free to make fun of Kiwifarms and wish that they get zapped from the internet for good
3) just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make them a horrible person

Uh.. guess I didn't need to close this. My bad. Sorry

Really, mostly I'm going by what happened in the schad thread when this came up so I'm a bit more touchy on it but I'm sure y'all will be good... right?

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Oh good I was hoping we'd get a thread so I can ask: What's their connection to us?

My memory is they split off (or just grew?) around the "lowtax finds out" saga and were either part of the original wave, or later just latched on to, stalking chris chan?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
So are they moving to Google doxx instead?

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Ok so:

This is a fraught topic in some respects.

The basics are:

1) treat each other with respect
2) feel free to make fun of Kiwifarms and wish that they get zapped from the internet for good
3) just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make them a horrible person

Uh.. guess I didn't need to close this. My bad. Sorry

Really, mostly I'm going by what happened in the schad thread when this came up so I'm a bit more touchy on it but I'm sure y'all will be good... right?

:angel:

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Seth Pecksniff posted:

now im just morbidly curious as to what happened there but also i cant be bothered to peruse that thread. also, what is going on with your av good lord

olives black posted:

didn't know about congress lizard getting targeted, i just assumed that they didn't care until the right people on twitter made enough of a stink for the cost/benefit analysis to tip the other way

I heard she got swatted but didn't know it was by KF until now lol.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

buglord posted:

No she didn't. She hired a friend to "swat" her so she could cry about liberals on Twitter. KF was never involved.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

like if SA servers ran out of tube space or trucking capacity or whatever the internet runs on there would probably be a /r sub in a second

we would have to deal with up votes and poo poo, my crusty brain still doesnt like em, but we would push on

or id start posting on bodybuilding dot com

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

buglord posted:

Probably wasn't really Kiwifarms, but she's made a huge and high profile stink about it, yeah. Radical transgender leftists from Kiwifarms want her dead, and she wants them stopped.

It's obviously something doesn't quite click here, but nobody is really going to go up to bat for Kiwifarms and be all, "Madam, I do believe you are mistaken and have been misinformed about the purpose and politics of this website! I think if you were to sit down with your average Kiwifarms user, you'd find you agree on more issues than not!"

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

buglord posted:

now im just morbidly curious as to what happened there but also i cant be bothered to peruse that thread. also, what is going on with your av good lord

Apparently a user or users on Kiwifarms were planning to or was sending bomb threats to restaurants in Belfast. Have a moment to consider how spectaclarly stupid that is.

https://twitter.com/tdotmcelwee/status/1566220898159542272

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

numberoneposter posted:

like if SA servers ran out of tube space or trucking capacity or whatever the internet runs on there would probably be a /r sub in a second

we would have to deal with up votes and poo poo, my crusty brain still doesnt like em, but we would push on

or id start posting on bodybuilding dot com

yeah im kinda curious where they go next. cloudflare was their last chance or something, right? I faintly remember a tweet or message from the KF owner asking the users to chill with the doxxing/harassment because this was their last possible host. do they just go from self hosting where the founder puts a server in the house and keeps it running 24/7, or does it not work like that?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Apparently a user or users on Kiwifarms were planning to or was sending bomb threats to restaurants in Belfast. Have a moment to consider how spectaclarly stupid that is.

https://twitter.com/tdotmcelwee/status/1566220898159542272

Orange you glad KF didn't restart the Troubles?

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

ikanreed posted:

So are they moving to Google doxx instead?

:rimshot:

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

I. M. Gei posted:

No she didn't. She hired a friend to "swat" her so she could cry about liberals on Twitter. KF was never involved.

Whether anyone who goes to the website was actually involved or not, it was in the police report, and got name-dropped on Fox Newsmax:

https://twitter.com/Esqueer_/status/1562558295134838785

Blurry Gray Thing fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Sep 4, 2022

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I'm going to street fighter 2 akuma dragon punch all kiwifarm users irl :ssj:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
my favorite part is cloudflare's explanation that they really really REALLY did not want to do this, but unfortunately were forced to act:

https://blog.cloudflare.com/kiwifarms-blocked/

so gently caress you too, cloudflare

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

It's good to have a sense of scale.

I. M. Gei posted:

excuse me

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
lol if you don't like kiwis

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

buglord posted:

yeah im kinda curious where they go next. cloudflare was their last chance or something, right? I faintly remember a tweet or message from the KF owner asking the users to chill with the doxxing/harassment because this was their last possible host. do they just go from self hosting where the founder puts a server in the house and keeps it running 24/7, or does it not work like that?

bwahahahaha

"please don't do the thing that the site is dedicated to doing"

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

SRQ posted:

Oh good I was hoping we'd get a thread so I can ask: What's their connection to us?

My memory is they split off (or just grew?) around the "lowtax finds out" saga and were either part of the original wave, or later just latched on to, stalking chris chan?

they started as the cwc wiki forums, yes, dedicated to stalking an autistic person. and there were some creeps from here who were involved in that

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

welcome to mangosteen farms dot com

you can do anything at mangosteen farms dot com

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Gonna cross post from pyf tweets thread...

Here's a tweet from a reporter for NBC News

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1565797220531814406?t=oIMOPns8AdKdEAMbSYI6Yw&s=19

You can read a summary there but he also links the article he wrote about Kiwi farms:
https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/internet/cloudflare-kiwi-farms-keffals-anti-trans-rcna44834

In that article he links to this article from Vice (it's in french so i read the translated version) which actually mentions something awful and calls us a "hotbed of digital wickedness" because people went after Chris Chan back in the day.

Wonder if the press will look into us too. Jeffrey may have some 'splainin to do

We are getting lumped in with them. It's just a french vice article but still, it bothered me to see us mentioned that way.

Dixville fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Sep 4, 2022

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

I Greyhound posted:

Didn't they later go after Lowtax, or was that just some good ol internet memein'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Dixville posted:

Gonna cross post from pyf tweets thread...

Here's a tweet from a reporter for NBC News

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1565797220531814406?t=oIMOPns8AdKdEAMbSYI6Yw&s=19

You can read a summary there but he also links to the article he wrote about Kiwi farms

In that article he links to this article from Vice (it's in french so i read the translated version) which actually mentions something awful and calls us a "hotbed of digital wickedness" because people went after Chris Chan back in the day.

Wonder if the press will look into us too. Jeffrey may have some 'splainin to do

We are getting lumped in with them. It's just a french vice article but still, it bothered me to see us mentioned that way.

this site is generally better now but it has definitely had its dickhead moments

also we were the birthplace of 4chan so it won't be the first time

olives black fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Sep 4, 2022