Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I think they accidentally endorsed a Hawaiian ethnostate there?
aye at this point, for Hawaii specifically, let's just take it one step at a time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

you don't even want to know what type of weird poo poo the grey countries are into

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds

Mantis42 posted:

you don't even want to know what type of weird poo poo the grey countries are into

Feet

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

KoRMaK posted:

it sounds like they are saying the people born there before the US or any other colonizers visited are the Hawaiian people. do you know the history of how Hawaii became a state? what the op is pointing out is how the US did the imperialism

but i mean yes keep pulling at that string, you ask a great question

my point is that they did the same exact thing they're accusing others of, namely whitewashing colonialist history for expediency of language

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Plank Walker posted:

while piers does suck, his response is actually just because the uk is firmly on the side of "titties" and he doesn't get american culture

:britain:

Asses are good

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
But so are titties.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

indigi posted:

my point is that they did the same exact thing they're accusing others of, namely whitewashing colonialist history for expediency of language

you're not wrong, but it sounded like you were stopping the good train of reasoning before it could get to the next by the way you objected to its presentation

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

kim kardashian should run for president imo

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
tits are for babies

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

thotsky posted:

tits are for babies

tell me more about this nursing shortage and what can i do to help

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

KoRMaK posted:

you're not wrong, but it sounded like you were stopping the good train of reasoning before it could get to the next by the way you objected to its presentation

I wasn't aware they read cspam

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

welp he lost my vote

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

thotsky posted:

tits are for babies

asses are for pooping

thus by wedge elimination horny is forbidden

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

tokin opposition posted:

asses are for pooping

thus by wedge elimination horny is forbidden

vaginas are icky

be gay (if male)

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

the gayest thing you can do is kiss a straight lady

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

World War Mammories posted:

the gayest thing you can do is kiss a straight lady

Might as well suck a few dicks

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

'scuse me while I... kiss this guy!

*guitar riff*

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Nosfereefer posted:

this picture made me stop and evaluate

the artist usually does more right wing art, including regularly featuring Anita Sarkeesian as a villain in TYOOL 2022

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Dr. Killjoy posted:

the artist usually does more right wing art, including regularly featuring Anita Sarkeesian as a villain in TYOOL 2022

Thanks doctor

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

I always thought it was funny that liberals consider “you just want to be able to say the N word with no consequences” to be an insult. Of course people want to say it! It’s a great word!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/Jezebel/status/1567242496497045504?s=20&t=L5bycjI_LvHvyLrCNW28fw

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

a fatguy baldspot posted:

I always thought it was funny that liberals consider “you just want to be able to say the N word with no consequences” to be an insult. Of course people want to say it! It’s a great word!

:chloe:

Jfc

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

a fatguy baldspot posted:

glad to see you're adding racism to your rap sheet full of transphobia and genocide denial. really cool.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

https://twitter.com/trussliz/status/130291010730340352

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
how far back do you have to go to be “hawaiian” before you’re simply descender from a Polynesian-style colonizer? did your folks have to come over on the Mayflower of outriggers? 2nd? 5th? 500th? what if your ancestor was Kam the Great but then colonized Maui or Lanai? do you get a mulligan for your slave owner great-great-great-grandad conquered Molokai by force of arms?

maybe we should all agree that Hawaii got hosed over like every other place touched my US colonial efforts and should be able to do a Brexit if that is what her people wish? twitter zoomers trying to make up hypothetical rules for a woke ethnostate need to loving chill.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
if someone ever said aloha to me I would call them a zionist

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
the goddamn hawaiians, who I have interacted with many times before this, will be the subject of my new lecture titled "Why Captain Cook Embodied Marxist Practice"

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
I just can't stop getting mad about the nerve of the hawaiians losing their class awareness.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
I have no idea who is and isn't hawiian because I don't see race, I only see oppression. And brother, we're all oppressed.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Benagain posted:

if someone ever said aloha to me I would call them a zionist
i can’t find the picture of the hawaiian lady holding the “aloha also means goodbye” sign protesting tourist arrivals in march 2020, so here is this exceptionally cursed boomer retiree poo poo instead:

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
people who live in Hawaii yelling at each other about who is and isn't hawiaian is blood quantum anarchism for babies. What we need is a centralized state apparatus to determine people's ethnicity, and if a government I respected the communist policy of decided that they were an ethnicity I would recognize it as such. Until then I am withholding any opinion.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/keffals/status/1567259373671522307?s=20&t=L5bycjI_LvHvyLrCNW28fw

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Benagain posted:

I just can't stop getting mad about the nerve of the hawaiians losing their class awareness.
cannot believe those fuckers didn’t toss the Dole and Fleming failkids into Mauna Kea. missionary scum.

Jozef De Veuster In Hell

Benagain posted:

people who live in Hawaii yelling at each other about who is and isn't hawiaian is blood quantum anarchism for babies.
which is doubly hilarious if you’ve ever been to hawaii and realize immediately that it’s been a genetic crossroads of every kind of human to ever see the Pacific Ocean for it’s entire history. you’ve got everything from big Samoan dudes to the highest concentration of blasian people on earth to Han Chinese people who only speak Portuguese. gotta be one of the most diverse places on earth since human discovery.

TenementFunster has issued a correction as of 03:55 on Sep 7, 2022

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

Dr Oz is an ignorant shithead, but every single one of you have cousins in your ancestry.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

exmachina posted:

Dr Oz is an ignorant shithead, but every single one of you have cousins in your ancestry.

That sounds like Shelbyville talk! Get him!

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Uhh if you didn't click the article, it gets even better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Uhh if you didn't click the article, it gets even better.

"Second cousins can legally hook up" isn't a very hot take

that though... uhh that's something else entirely