Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Finally I get to play Gods Will Fall without having to pay a cent

Actually I wonder if it actually is better than the similarly named ps5 launch title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Quick question do the sex scenes in Immortality show penis going into vagina or any other hole?
Thanks in advance

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Psa:
If you want to trick halo into letting you play couch coop the steps are in this vid
https://youtu.be/Ttj_Qo6wYFs

SilkyP posted:

Quick question do the sex scenes in Immortality show penis going into vagina or any other hole?
Thanks in advance

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

SilkyP posted:

Thanks in advance

Is there hardcore?

No

ONLY HARDCORE GAMING

acksplode
May 17, 2004

For what it's worth there's a scene where one character is telling another what his "seed" tastes like (not gonna say the comparison! spoilers!), and I think I'd rather get walked in on watching full penetration than that.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

With any luck, by the time you get to that scene you are so bored you dont watch the clips through anymore cause you are grinding for credits

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I wrapped up Islets tonight. Fun, fairly bog standard Metroidvania. Has a couple cute moments and doesn't outstay its welcome. Recommended.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Real hurthling! posted:

With any luck, by the time you get to that scene you are so bored you dont watch the clips through anymore cause you are grinding for credits

Lol.
Watching the three movies is the main reason to 'play' this game.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I started for the movies but stayed for the boobs.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
I liked the difference in the drug use between the second and third movies too

Third movie: "what did I just take"? "Oh it was just candy"
Second movie: "That was real cocaine let's keep shooting people"

I did start skipping through the Table read scenes though, especially if I had already seen the actual scene and vice versa

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

SilkyP posted:

Thanks in advance

My cousin has the nudality code, it's loving awesome. I'll bring it to class tomorrow.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
started playing Immortality tonight, the achievements for "What Happened To Marissa Marcel" and "What Happened To Carl Goodman" popped at the same exact time and I have absolutely no idea what happened to either one of them lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

barnold posted:

started playing Immortality tonight, the achievements for "What Happened To Marissa Marcel" and "What Happened To Carl Goodman" popped at the same exact time and I have absolutely no idea what happened to either one of them lol

The what happened cheevos pop when you see certain big scenes for the character named, the one for marissa pops when all the others have popped.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Real hurthling! posted:

The what happened cheevos pop when you see certain big scenes for the character named, the one for marissa pops when all the others have popped.

yeah then something weird definitely happened because I most definitely did not have all of the other ones. I didn't get both of the Hessenbergs until another 30mins later, and then I just finally actually saw what happened to Carl Goodman and John Durick

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

gamerscore is a way of achieving immortality through the act of play

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

They were doing everyone a favor and giving them plenty of time to play GOTD Elden Ring. Thank you Phil.

:hai:

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Am I the only person who could not give a gently caress about goldeneye remastered?

It has not aged well at all and frankly perfect dark was a better MP game.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Didn’t care about goldeneye even at the time, I grew up in a Mario Party and Smash Bros neighborhood

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

OG smash bros is a better candidate for a remaster but wrong thread.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Laserface posted:

Am I the only person who could not give a gently caress about goldeneye remastered?

If it hasn't aged well then doesn't that make it a perfect candidate for a remaster?

Regardless if you like the game or not, a lot of people do and it's an important game for first person shooters given how influential it was to the genre.

Here's a good video about Goldeneye and its AI from a few years ago that is worth watching.

https://youtu.be/M9sOE376tzk

It's not a good thing that the game is only legally available on a console that came out in 1996. People should be able to play it.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

I think the annoying thing about Immortality is that on the one hand I'm kinda done with it because I've kinda got enough of the story to understand what happened and the mechanics gimmick just doesn't grip me, but on the other hand my compulsive desire to 100% stuff before I fully move on is holding me back from deleting.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

Laserface posted:

Wasn't it properly remade during the Wii era too, just with Daniel Craig as Bond? I remember that came out and people were bashing it because it wasn't the same Goldeneye as they remember even if the game was objectively better.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It was a total remake and a rather forgettable one at that, with all the worst tendencies of early 2010s shooters such as "night club level where you slowly walk around taking pictures of people with harsh bloom lighting" and "legally distinct Trevelyan yells at you during long boring cutscene." It's not the groin-shooting 5fps explosion saturation Goldeneye that people wanted.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yeah its new levels and a changed plot. Its definitely a remake, but not one thats good enough to stand on its own.

Its also somehow the worse of the two cash in moneygrabs on the goldeneye name as GoldenEye: Rogue Agent was mediocre buuuut it was a complete alternate universe play as a villains henchman against other villains bond game so it was aiming for a thing.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Alchenar posted:

I think the annoying thing about Immortality is that on the one hand I'm kinda done with it because I've kinda got enough of the story to understand what happened and the mechanics gimmick just doesn't grip me, but on the other hand my compulsive desire to 100% stuff before I fully move on is holding me back from deleting.

Think of deleting it as a growth opportunity. You can do it. I believe in you. You got this.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

ColdPie posted:

Think of deleting it as a growth opportunity. You can do it. I believe in you. You got this.

Also you can't 100% because one of the cheevos is bugged, specifically the one for getting all of the hidden clips.

Also also, take it from someone that spent a few hours hunting down the very last clip of the first movie to get the cheevo to pop: it's very frustrating. I really dig the game but the RNG nature of finding clips means that I spent about 2 hours clicking on placards and hoping it would plop me into the one clip I hadn't seen yet.

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan
Ok so Immortality wise, I feel like I've got the 'gist' of what happened, any advice on actually getting credits to roll or should just keep clip hopping?

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

not sure if this is a universal truth but just continue discovering/watching the spooky hidden clips until it feels like you are finding nothing but repeats and then back out to the main timeline area and something will start to happen as you hover over the clips you've discovered so far

RadioDog
May 31, 2005

Jables88 posted:

Ok so Immortality wise, I feel like I've got the 'gist' of what happened, any advice on actually getting credits to roll or should just keep clip hopping?

Also you may need clip-hop certain characters until you unlock their "parts" in it, I think you need theirs before hers will unlock. My missing one was the brunette, I think she's Hessenberg's wife (or sister?). It all seemed pretty random.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Anyone playing Train Sim World? How is it?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The campaign is very on rails.

couldn't resist

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Laserface posted:

+1. I actually didn't really care for it when it came out because you just got a quarter of a tiny tube TV and could freely screen snipe your way through bland maps. Or you could fire up Quake on a PC and play with people around the world with limitless mods.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

The Goldeneye 64 soundtrack is worth it alone.

Bum bum Doooooong bum de bum

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm hype for Goldeneye simply because I was 12 when it came out and spent every single hour after school playing it but a remake will definitely feel weird without having the N64 controller. Expertly circle strafing with c buttons can't be replicated on twin sticks.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'm hype for it too because even if it sucks it will be fun to goof off in for a few hours for nostalgia and its free who cares AND maybe it will be good?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Beastie posted:

Sounds like a pervert duck duck goose

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

I really wish the creator of Immortality had made the actual "gameplay" far less esoteric and annoying. cool idea bogged down by the typical indie creative director "woooaaahhh dude what if we hid something in an object you can only see for like 3 frames man whoooaaahhhhh that'd be crazy" type poo poo. i think i've seen every single clip in this thing at least 6-7 times now and if I have to hear that speech that begins with "The Great War....." again i think i'm gonna cut my ears off, and if the lack of achievements is any indicator, I'm still missing a significant portion of whatever I'm supposed to see

cool game with slightly poor execution, definitely worth the download in Game Pass terms even if you only get 1/4th as far as I did

barnold fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Sep 7, 2022

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Beastie posted:

Seriously that midi soundtrack was somehow amazing.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
So Twitter is freaking out over Spencer only promising to keep CoD on Playstation for 3 years after the current contracts are up. I would be lying if I didn't find it annoying that multiplat is only an issue when it comes to Xbox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I wont be able to even find my playstation under all the dust it will collect in 3 years