Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

https://atlanta.urbanize.city/post/cobb-county-express-lanes-gdot-support-huge-system-elevated-highways-images-video

When all you have is highways, every problem looks like it just needs one more lane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Cobb County has ~750k residents but somehow has money to subsidize the Braves and also all of these new highways. makes u think

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

skooma512 posted:

Too bad you can't ride a large vehicle shared with others that goes to a depot with spare parts and people trained to work on it.

Guess you'll just have to go to a mechanic and pray he doesn't scam you. Hope you're not a woman, because they'll definitely try if you are.

ok but riding the large shared vehicle is a lot worse if you’re a woman too. i wanna say the solution is more ridership but idk

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

but don't you see? these lanes are up. they're above the other lanes, which means they'll be free from their negative psychic energies

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

lobster shirt posted:

its fuckin hot out but it's less than half a mile, houston is full of cowards who refuse to go any such distance on foot but i am strong, brave, and loyal to the i hate cars thread and lifestyle
Right on. Also it's true that Houston is full of cowards. I bike everywhere and arrive at my destination a sweaty mess. gently caress em.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

lobster shirt posted:

its fuckin hot out but it's less than half a mile, houston is full of cowards who refuse to go any such distance on foot but i am strong, brave, and loyal to the i hate cars thread and lifestyle

i visited a school in houston to interview there and it was 5 minute walk from hotel. "i'd be a fool to get a taxi--i'll just walk!"

showered and dressed nice and walked over .. within 30 seconds i was glistening w sweat from the sweltering humidity. sweat through my clothes by the time i got there, so i had to change into my old casual clothes :D

should have driven

Apr 7, 2003

Just in case you're wondering who's buying those giant pickup trucks, it's people with average household incomes of around $72-88K a year.
https://hedgescompany.com/blog/2018/10/pickup-truck-owner-demographics/

(I suspect they're using averages because the medians are worse)

The pickup truck crowd is a bunch of people making slightly more than the household median and they're spending a massive chunk of their income on prestige vehicles to project their success. lmao

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Just in case you're wondering who's buying those giant pickup trucks, it's people with average household incomes of around $72-88K a year.

The pickup truck crowd is a bunch of people making slightly more than the household median and they're spending a massive chunk of their income on prestige vehicles to project their success. lmao

trucks are too expensive for normal people to afford, its so funny how people still think driving a pickup truck is like a sign of being a poor working class guy

Apr 7, 2003

Perfectly suitable transportation for the family grossing $80K a year.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

gently caress them all. I know, I said it.

Apr 7, 2003

just for the hell of it I did the pre-qualification poo poo to see what a payment on this would be

lol

(fuckin 4%+)

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

just for the hell of it I did the pre-qualification poo poo to see what a payment on this would be

lol

(fuckin 4%+)

Just make it 96 months instead of 60, and you should be able to afford it.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Are they even driving them for 60 months before replacing them?

Apr 7, 2003

that's $70,820 on a MSRP $60,960 pickup truck and the dealer called and texted me ten minutes after I filled the thing out so I'm assuming they hook a lot of morons that way.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

mystes posted:

Are they even driving them for 60 months before replacing them?
Why would you do that? You can just get a new loan at 45 months and roll the remaining loan into the new one. Your payments probably won't even go up that much!

mystes
May 31, 2006

that's $70,820 on a MSRP $60,960 pickup truck and the dealer called and texted me ten minutes after I filled the thing out so I'm assuming they hook a lot of morons that way.
lol why are you entering your real contact info?!

Apr 7, 2003

mystes posted:

lol why are you entering your real contact info?!

only way they'd let me see what a payment would be. I blocked the number

i have insanely good credit and they were advertising 2.9% so giving me 4.1% is pretty predatory.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

947 a month lmao, how affordable!

mystes
May 31, 2006

someone repost that car dealership tiktok about the monthly payments

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Perfectly suitable transportation for the family grossing $80K a year.

ford f-150? that's a baby truck for soyboys. need to at least double the size before it's a suitable family car

mystes
May 31, 2006

Polo-Rican posted:

ford f-150? that's a baby truck for soyboys. need to at least double the size before it's a suitable family car
It's an okay vehicle for a real american as long as you jack it up 100 feet in the air

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

paying 947 /mo for a for a Ford lmao

if you pay 545 CHF / mo in Switzerland you can ride any train / bus / ferry in the country 1st class, any time you want

mystes
May 31, 2006

webcams for christ posted:

if you pay 545 CHF / mo in Switzerland you can ride any train / bus / ferry in the country 1st class, any time you want
Yeah but when you're riding those you don't even have to be constantly focusing on driving and worrying about getting into an accident

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
and you have to look at the famously ugly Swiss countryside, as opposed to the beautiful steppe of Montana.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
ah, so that's why these types are big on the whole welfare queen thing, projection

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
https://twitter.com/rileychoe1/status/1567305830621388802?t=tfNIXfwb28oDsq0CVXBOGA&s=19

larper
Apr 9, 2019

No poo poo lol

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

No but see the Czech republic has a population of 10 million compared to Indiana having a population of 6.7 million so clearly that 50% increase in population means that you can actually build a rail system

TeenageArchipelago has issued a correction as of 18:24 on Sep 7, 2022

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

TeenageArchipelago posted:

No but see the Czech republic has a population of 10 million compared to Illinois having a population of 6.7 million so clearly that 50% increase in population means that you can actually build a rail system

That's not Illinois.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

it's 15 lanes.
just one more lane bro, just one more lane i promise it will fix traffic bro, just one more lane

Milo and POTUS posted:

nobody at burning man walks with rhythm

well yeah, they're all white

Apr 7, 2003

lol

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Loucks posted:

That's not Illinois.

Funnily enough I got it right when I did the Google search for the population of Indiana but forgot which one it was when I posted

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

but it is money! think about how much cars, repairs, and road maintenance contribute to the all important GDP. more efficient transit means less money changing hands

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

looks like that's about the same amount in USD

that still seems like a lot. tho it is switzerland

mystes
May 31, 2006

actionjackson posted:

That's for first class and you don't have to pay for gas, insurance, and maintenance on top

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Pay 1095 € in Austria and you can use all public transport 2nd class for a year.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

TeenageArchipelago posted:

Funnily enough I got it right when I did the Google search for the population of Indiana but forgot which one it was when I posted

It's cool. Indiana is easy to forget. Sometimes I wish I could forget it too, but living here makes that impossible.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

actionjackson posted:

The point of 1st class is that not everyone can afford it. It sucks poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

genericnick posted:

The point of 1st class is that not everyone can afford it. It sucks poo poo.
That's the point of everything in capitalism including housing, food, and medicine