Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

Srice posted:

Posting this Horsey mainly because even in a banal comic about employees wanting to work from home, he still finds a way to make a post that's extremely lovely about homeless people.

Sorry I know this was a while ago but it reminded me of an actual newspaper article I saw the other day saying that workers have to return to the office at least 3 days per week in order to prevent services businesses in the CBD collapsing (sorry I can't find the article again right now).

When people need some money to prevent themselves from collapsing that's a big issue.
When businesses need you to change the behaviour that suits you so that you're forced to spend more of your money with them, that's fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Robert Ariail

Lisa Benson

Tim Campbell

Jeff Danziger

John Deering

Bob Gorrell

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

Mike Lester

Henry Payne

Joel Pett

Jen Sorensen

Tom Stiglich

Gary Varvel

Tony Branco

quote:

The Flame Thrower: Democracy vs the Constitutional-Representative Republic is the difference between Mob-Rule and Rule-of-Law.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

So are we gonna pay for it or...

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Nice use of Boris and Natasha in the background.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Sir this is a McDonald's.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

It's great that conservatives are openly against democracy now. This is just super.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Two poopy flies? A sippy cup holder on the obamaprompter? And a red star cufflink and a 10% big guy bag.

I'm getting the flutters.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

BoTh SiDeS

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Twelve by Pies posted:

He in fact cared quite a bit.

Nice job on him trying to pin it on Tolkien. "Oh it's not me being a hateful bigot, I just care about accuracy to Tolkien's work where there are no gays." I also like the idea that if gayness exists, that means men can't ever be good friends. That's just absolute nonsense. Tolkien saying "Men can be friends" does not logically mean that there's no gay people on Middle Earth.

Besides, you want to tell me that Legolas and Gimli weren't gay? Gimli sailed West with Legolas, the only dwarf to ever do so, due to the great love felt between the two. It may not be explicit text because it's a very old story, but they are gay coded to Valinor and back.

Also, friendly reminder that Sam canonically has brown skin, as do a majority of the hobbits according to Tolkien's official descriptions of the various clans of hobbits. Sam is even described in the same terms that the Haradrim are

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Twelve by Pies posted:

Sir this is a McDonald's.

:lol:. Literally "Sir, this is a ____" to his own point. How do you gently caress up this dumb?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

War Wizard posted:

:lol:. Literally "Sir, this is a ____" to his own point. How do you gently caress up this dumb?

Technically the menu says "McTaxpayers" so the implication is that they're getting these things from the taxpayers. Which of course is not how debt relief or tax credits work, but you know.

What I'm confused about is why the guy in the drive thru window looks annoyed. The metaphor being used her breaks down completely because presumably the employee is a taxpayer and thus paying for the things the guy is ordering. Except Payne is using a fast food metaphor, and when someone orders a Big Mac from McDonald's, the cashier does not pull five dollars out of their own wallet to pay for it. The cashier does not order ingredients with his own money, and he also doesn't get to keep any Big Macs that McDonald's doesn't sell. So the employee shouldn't really care if this guy is getting stuff from McTaxpayer's since he's not paying for it.

It would have made more sense if a government employee with a big IRS badge or something was working the window and smiling. Then the implication would be this guy is happy to give the driver his debt relief and tax credit from the taxpayers. Payne is an idiot though so he didn't do that. Or, maybe he originally thought to do that, but then decided that having a smiling guy in the drive thru and a smiling guy working the window would make people think that debt relief and EV tax credits are good, and he wouldn't have a beleaguered everyman showing that it's actually bad. Either way, Payne is still a loving idiot and a lovely cartoonist.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
Paul Revere is basically the same thing as the boy who cried wolf, right?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

SubG posted:

Paul Revere is basically the same thing as the boy who cried wolf, right?

Famously both the bad guy and wrong in both cases

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Now Those Guys Are Really Scary.

Ted Rall posted:

President Biden delivered a primetime speech that was marketed as an appeal to protect American democracy but directly targeted President Trump and his Republican supporters as the main threat to that noble institution. Gravely undermining his antiauthoritarian message was the stagecraft of the event in Philadelphia, which featured dystopian lighting and the ominous sight of two US Marines standing at attention.

First Dog on the Moon: Early childhood educators should be millionaires! Instead they are freaking out because they can’t pay their bills or feed their own kids

Trapezium Dave fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Sep 7, 2022

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall and Drones really are an iconic duo. Like Ramirez and Debt.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
You'd think that he'd learn how to draw them by now.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Maybe Varvel should consider that the house is on fire but because of inflation, but because the city appears to build their gas stations in the middle of the street

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Kikas posted:

You'd think that he'd learn how to draw them by now.

Why would you ever think that

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Trapezium Dave posted:

Literally a Fox News and fascist twitter cartoon.

https://www.vice.com/amp/en/article/ake7dk/maga-biden-speech-satanic

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Kikas posted:

You'd think that he'd learn how to draw
Ted hates his medium and thinks his ugly toons stick it to everyone else.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

“Those lazy workers, why aren’t they working on Labor Day? Don’t they know that parades is why Labor Day was created? Time to vent my frustration on a McDonalds employee.”

Also the hat guy waving the flag is just Donald Trump.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

I read that as everybody was at work, rather than available for a parade.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

But...

But...

The British WERE coming...

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Neito posted:

But...

But...

Maybe he is taking the bold stand that the British should have won the revolutionary war.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I genuinely don't know if Gorrell is trying to do "look at the shameful state of our American discourse!" tonge-clucking or "hmmm, bet semi-fascist is looking pretty good compared to what the LEFT is!" (I assume the former) but either way he's really proving the whole point that cartoonists like Ariail are making, in that they've been using this language for loving decades and now that Democrats are showing the tiniest bit of defiance they're just as bad, and how could it possibly come to this?
You wouldn't want to sink to our level, would you???

Also love that there's only one "insult" on the anti-conservative button ("semi-fascist", whereas Ultra-MAGA is just an identifier) and the button he made up in response is just nonstop insults.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Hunt11 posted:

Maybe he is taking the bold stand that the British should have won the revolutionary war.

That would seem to be the natural interpretation yes, that the revolt against the king was a foolish distraction from THE REAL problems.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The cries of wokism because there’s a black elf in the new LotR show is funny because they all always go “I’m such a huuuuuge Tolkien fan, I’ve read his books multiple times he’d be so upset about it” yet they have no response when it’s pointed out the charcter, and entire race of Harfoots, is literally deceived as having brown skin. Must’ve slipped past your multiple impassioned readings of LotR that you’re such a big fan of, right?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Liz Truss meeting the Queen at Balmoral – Truss accepted the Queen’s invitation to form a government and was formally appointed as prime minister"

Telegraph:

"Keir Starmer doesn’t know how to handle Liz Truss, and is running out of time to figure it out"

Matt:

Liz Truss to freeze household energy bills at around £2,500

Times:

Evening Standard:

Domestic energy spend to top £100bn after October price rise, report estimates

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

100YrsofAttitude posted:

by Jiho from France

No label beyond the flag pin, but it has a point that is easily understood. A good cartoon.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The cries of wokism because there’s a black elf in the new LotR show is funny because they all always go “I’m such a huuuuuge Tolkien fan, I’ve read his books multiple times he’d be so upset about it” yet they have no response when it’s pointed out the charcter, and entire race of Harfoots, is literally deceived as having brown skin. Must’ve slipped past your multiple impassioned readings of LotR that you’re such a big fan of, right?

aha so you admit it! we were deceived!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I am more upset by the laziness of that Garrison

Nacy Pelosi as Gulpem, Hunter as JRR Tokin’ (Or as an Orc, the Uruk-High), the Bezoslation of Smug, all sung by Obambadil.

Korner Kelly muttering “Gandalf the Gay”, c’mon this is low-hanging fruit!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

On an unrelated note, Biden’s approval seems to be back in the 40s for some reason.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

US' biggest threat its own political parties by Cai Meng

Le Monde

by Chappatte from Switzerland
"People don't realize the time saved... compared to the yacht!"
The signs read: Private jet=A Shame/And the planet?

by Micaël for Marianne a French magazine
"The mystery centers on the price of paper."

Charlie Hebdo

Zaporijjia nuclear plant:
The Instagrammers are ready!

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Murdstone posted:

It's great that conservatives are openly against democracy now. This is just super.

Now?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

quote:

the ominous sight of two US Marines standing at attention.

Ah yes, Biden truly is a scary monster, with Marines standing behind him as he gives a speech. No US president has ever done that before!

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Rall and Drones really are an iconic duo. Like Ramirez and Debt.

And always will be, regardless of reality. https://theweek.com/foreign-policy/1007579/biden-nearly-ended-the-drone-war-and-nobody-noticed

Neito posted:

But...

But...

Revere gets credit for warning of the British invasion even though he did far less work than others in spreading the message. Varvel just wants us to acknowledge the hard work of all the activists who have been sounding the alarm about the dangers of Trumpism for years now.

Jurgan fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Sep 7, 2022

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

The more I see, the less I like Charlie Hebdo. It's just full on edgelord poo poo targeting whatever's easy, with absolutely no underlying opinion.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I don't enough of the history but I wonder if getting attacked made them worse on that front.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Pants Donkey posted:

On an unrelated note, Biden’s approval seems to be back in the 40s for some reason.

Kellies Nomination: Most opposite of reality.