Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Is just game

Why do people have to be mad at game

(unless gacha, then it makes sense, but at that point it's more gambling)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

Tallgeese posted:

Is just game

Why do people have to be mad at game

(unless gacha, then it makes sense, but at that point it's more gambling)

Donno, some people just like being told what to like and hate like ragesheep. I've seen several reviews of SH2 and despite how much they complain about the game, they also point out some great points about it too, I, as a dirt poor man, am just waiting for it to be more affordable since 75 dollars +17% HST is too drat much for a digital game.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

its Fine to talk about negative bits in stuff but constantly harping on it (when you haven't even experienced it for yourself!!) just makes you a know-nothing joykill, imo

also i dunno if many people here have played it but should i get a mod for kyuuyaku megami tensei that lets you fuse evil demons like regular ones...

e: eh i poked around some more and i feel like i shouldn't grab it for a first playthrough of kmt2

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Honestly I would use it. The fusion options are ridiculously limited otherwise.

I think you'd have a fair bit more fun.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Tallgeese posted:

Honestly I would use it. The fusion options are ridiculously limited otherwise.

I think you'd have a fair bit more fun.

yea that'd be cool, actually
i just got a bit cagey cause the readme mentioned that you need 2 elements for a mandatory thing and that it's harder to double fuse them with the patch

now the real question is why the 2 ddstory famicom vers aren't going to inject properly with the VC for my 3ds.....

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

What I would do for the Elements would be to fuse them ASAP and never discard them until the appropriate point.

But that's me.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Tallgeese posted:

What I would do for the Elements would be to fuse them ASAP and never discard them until the appropriate point.

But that's me.

yea that makes sense, im gonna be also jamming it onto my 3ds tho and i don't think i can un and repatch it on that without having to start over

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i wont be buying it, and the game sucks.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
the game stux

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Someone made a PC version mod to shut up the Mimi encounter warnings and Atlus took it down.
Dang.

I like how demons have low HP animation but what the heck is up with Nezha's???

HGH fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Sep 6, 2022

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

good news everyone! "3DS RA nestopia" gave me a kernel error when booting DDStory1 and 2 but "virtuanes for 3DS" as the emu injector thingy (since apparently patched nes roms don't work with the native VC if u wanna inject em??) successfully booted em after the cia files thing got installed... then i was able to have my eyes hurt with megami tensei 2s opening on my 3ds :v:

also when sh2 Super comes out on the switch in the year 2023, i will probably buy it

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Retroarch is Garbo so I’m not surprised

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

hatty posted:

Retroarch is Garbo so I’m not surprised

it at least works solidly on my comp, but i guess thats where most of the focus goes towards vs the ye olden 3ds

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

Stux posted:

i wont be buying it, and the game sucks.

You'll never know unless you buy it because critic can be *gasp* wrong.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Teleport mazes are good.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
The game is good. It's also uneven. It's fine to have opinions about this. It's also fine to have opinions about my opinions.

I forgive you all, my children.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

SpiderLink posted:

It would be one thing if you had played the game and had legitimate complaints but you haven't. Look at your post history and see how many words you've written about a thing you haven't experienced. And while you're at it, take the time to examine whether your deflection strategy is helping you or hindering you.

Once again I'm fascinated at how personally you're taking my opinions like get over it dude.

If you think you need to play a video game to know for sure whether it's good or bad, that sounds like a personal problem, lack of analytical skills maybe. My criticisms are legitimate, based on what other reviews are saying and based on what my eyeballs are seeing in gameplay videos

You're acting like assessing a game's quality is this high and mighty artistic thing. Nah man the game looks like rear end and plays like rear end compared to any other game in the series, stop getting upset about my video game opinions. You talk about my posts "helping or hindering me" like I have some sinister agenda lol

Sakurazuka posted:

It's good actually

Glad you're having fun with it! I got Yakuza like a dragon for 10 bucks instead

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Sep 7, 2022

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's good actually

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

cdyoung posted:

You'll never know unless you buy it because critic can be *gasp* wrong.

i have not read a single review and i never will. im not basing it on a critic. i will not buy it. the game is bad.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
A respectable approach

Imo unless you're a small toddler it's very easy to tell whether you're going to like a game just based on a few videos and impressions on the game flow/structure. It's harder to tell if you base it just on marketing or pre-release trailers, but that's a different matter.

Reviewers and critics are excellent resources as long as you treat them for what they are, another person's opinion. You can still glean a lot of useful technical information and gameplay details even if you don't entirely agree with the reviewers perspective or opinions

That sabbath animation *shudder*

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The problem is, what perspective do you even think you have to add here? Everything you're saying is secondhand. Why keep telling people how bad you think the game looks when it's already out and people can decide for themselves.

You're allowed to say "I wouldn't like this," you're allowed to not play it. But refusing to shut up about that with no firsthand experience is annoying.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Right and I have to "tolerate" a lot of "annoying posts" because It's called different opinions over consumer goods, I don't know man maybe you should be more tolerant to different perspectives and don't worry about police toning the thread so much

I'll drop it but only because you're being a giant dork and this isn't fun for anyone.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

KingSlime posted:

Right and I have to tolerate a lot of annoying posts because It's called different opinions, I don't know man maybe you should be more tolerant to different perspectives and don't worry about police toning the thread so much

I'll drop it but only because you're being a giant dork and this isn't fun for anyone

My entire point is that you don't actually have a perspective to offer here

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
if you gonna hate a game, you gonna hate it to Barudak's level or else you're just whining and not in a funny way

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

honestly stop posting, we get that you hate the game, stop being mad at the game you haven't played

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
jumping on the bandwagon to say that neverending posts about a game you haven't played, that you easily could, is just nonsense lol. it's not even a discussion, it's like a couple of guys in a shut off room discussing what the sky looks like today. a total waste of time and space.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

KingSlime posted:

Once again I'm fascinated at how personally you're taking my opinions like get over it dude.

If you think you need to play a video game to know for sure whether it's good or bad, that sounds like a personal problem, lack of analytical skills maybe. My criticisms are legitimate, based on what other reviews are saying and based on what my eyeballs are seeing in gameplay videos

You're acting like assessing a game's quality is this high and mighty artistic thing. Nah man the game looks like rear end and plays like rear end compared to any other game in the series, stop getting upset about my video game opinions. You talk about my posts "helping or hindering me" like I have some sinister agenda lol

Glad you're having fun with it! I got Yakuza like a dragon for 10 bucks instead

Lmao at trying to talk down to me so you can justify whining about a game you haven't played. You don't have anything to contribute, this isn't your blog, and you aren't even being entertaining about it. It doesn't take a lack of analytical skill to get annoyed by your frequent complaints.

And even more lol at you trying to tell me how a game I'm actively playing looks and plays, based purely on secondhand information.

Anyway, hope you enjoy Yakuza 7, I'd recommend going numerically from 0 if it's your first in the series.

Back on topic: does anybody know how high the elemental mistiques go and how many a single summoner can have equipped at once? I've been saving my magnetite for stock upgrades.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
It's an RPG y'all, what you see is in. 30 min gameplay vid is exactly what you get especially when you're played other megaten games and know their game flow very well. Don't overcomplicate things just to further your points either!

That said yeah i agree that I don't have anything else to add so I hope you all have a good time w sh2. Ah one quick side note yep Yakuza 7 owns so far and I've played 0 - 2 so far but couldn't wait to jump into the jrpg one so I'm skipping all the others. I hope this wasn't a mistake but I'm sure it'll be fine

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

KingSlime posted:

It's an RPG y'all, what you see is in. 30 min gameplay vid is exactly what you get especially when you're played other megaten games and know their game flow very well. Don't overcomplicate things just to further your points either!

That said yeah i agree that I don't have anything else to add so I hope you all have a good time w sh2. Ah one quick side note yep Yakuza 7 owns so far and I've played 0 - 2 so far but couldn't wait to jump into the jrpg one so I'm skipping all the others. I hope this wasn't a mistake but I'm sure it'll be fine

I guess we should just agree to disagree before the rest of the thread runs us both out 😅

There are some moments in Y7 that won't pop off quite as hard if you skipped a few but you're probably fine. Check out the Yakuza thread, it's cool!

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

i haven't played soul hackers 2 and don't plan to for some time but i just want to say i would throw each and every one of you into an active volcano for him

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Halphas is a bro

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

TurnipFritter posted:

i haven't played soul hackers 2 and don't plan to for some time but i just want to say i would throw each and every one of you into an active volcano for him

I just used him to fuse a demon called Turbo Granny so this game just keeps getting better.

Also Ringo rules.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

KingSlime posted:

This is incredibly dumb just FYI, especially if the 30 minute gameplay video is from the start of a game. You almost never have any actual idea of what a game's mechanics develop into 30 minutes into a game, let alone in an RPG. Almost every game out there keeps introducing new concepts and new mechanics for long chunks of time and there are games where entire major mechanics don't come into play until relatively late.

Even if the core mechanics are there you have no idea how they develop or change or evolve or what twists are thrown into the game. This is both positive and negative. You can have a combat system that is fun until they roadblock your fun with a crappy mechanic or you can have one that starts out slow until you get the Awesome poo poo that really makes it shine.

Like poo poo 30 minutes into SMT4 and you probably think it is an Etrian Odyssey clone.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Sep 7, 2022

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

Furnaceface posted:

I just used him to fuse a demon called Turbo Granny so this game just keeps getting better.

Also Ringo rules.

whoo rumor demons are back.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

SpiderLink posted:

Back on topic: does anybody know how high the elemental mistiques go and how many a single summoner can have equipped at once? I've been saving my magnetite for stock upgrades.

You get 3 slots at max, the highest rank I've seen was Augment XI, but different categories have different numbers of ranks.

Honestly I would say that Mistique slot are way more important than demon stock upgrades though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Clarste posted:

You get 3 slots at max, the highest rank I've seen was Augment XI, but different categories have different numbers of ranks.

Honestly I would say that Mistique slot are way more important than demon stock upgrades though.

You only really need 1-2 Demon Stock upgrades and that is just so you can fill more space for Sabbath. Mistique stuff is way more critical since you're leaving 50% damage boosts on the table,

Oh! A REALLY easy thing to miss:

When you find the girl who lets you sell your Mistique stuff, make sure to throw her anything you don't need. She levels up which unlocks new items you can't normally get, including Quartz that give special attacks or really cool bonuses. (Such as any Ice attack having a chance to Freeze/Any Lightning attack having a chance to Paralyze/etc which is ABSURDLY good.)

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

You CAN get those normally, it's just RNG. I got Fire Seal early on which was absolutely amazing, especially since Milady gets both Fire Stack and Ailment Stack.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
Thank you Clarste and ImpAtom, very good advice.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

sh2 seems p cool, wish i could freakin play it on my Nintendo Switch Entertainment System!!!!!

also megami tensei 2 is already a huge step up from 1 (which i have played like 1 hour of for the nes original and 80%ish for KMT), for starters the combat is no longer molasses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

It's a crime that SH2 is not on the switch while SMTV is trapped there. Should be the other way around imo.