Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
They were also harassing a popular Twitch streamer, who led a campaign to take the site down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Joe Fisto posted:

Against the person spearheading the campaign to get the site taken down

That was the thing. The only response, like their instinctual response, to all of this pressure from everywhere about doxxing was to doxx people.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Mister Beeg posted:

They were also harassing a popular Twitch streamer, who led a campaign to take the site down.

yeah Kiwi Farms usually targets people who can't defend themselves. Keffals has faced harassment before and refused to back down.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

I guess in relevant news to this IRT Comicsgate Hambley put out a video being like "KIWI FARMS BEING TAKEN DOWN IS CENSORSHIP GOING TOO FAR" after they, uh, SWATted him and forced him to move, because he's a craven grifter who sucks poo poo at his job and lifestyle and can't afford to alienate the people who are whipping wrapped rolls of change at him to hurt him that he then picks up and puts in his wallet. Your bullies are getting blown up so hard international alphabet agencies can just net some easy arrests, you don't have to lick their boots, but he can't afford to go out of line or he'll lose everything.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

For real, I heard that a neonazi org in New Zealand suddenly found themselves adrift and under a lot more intense pressure when KF went down. This is a net good for the entire world. I hope that this serves as precedent for any other service that might be even vaguely considering hosting them to not do that.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Hostile V posted:

I guess in relevant news to this IRT Comicsgate Hambley put out a video being like "KIWI FARMS BEING TAKEN DOWN IS CENSORSHIP GOING TOO FAR" after they, uh, SWATted him and forced him to move, because he's a craven grifter who sucks poo poo at his job and lifestyle and can't afford to alienate the people who are whipping wrapped rolls of change at him to hurt him that he then picks up and puts in his wallet. Your bullies are getting blown up so hard international alphabet agencies can just net some easy arrests, you don't have to lick their boots, but he can't afford to go out of line or he'll lose everything.

Of all the right-wing chuds who milk diversity in anything, the Quartering is the loving worst. He believes in nothing but making himself money and what makes it all the worse is that his videos are legit the laziest loving poo poo I've ever seen. It is MIND BOGGLING that there are hundreds of thousands of people watching his ten minute videos where he speaks as slowly as humanly possible, spends half of the time advertising his lovely coffee, and then will be unable to read articles.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

E the Shaggy posted:

Of all the right-wing chuds who milk diversity in anything, the Quartering is the loving worst. He believes in nothing but making himself money and what makes it all the worse is that his videos are legit the laziest loving poo poo I've ever seen. It is MIND BOGGLING that there are hundreds of thousands of people watching his ten minute videos where he speaks as slowly as humanly possible, spends half of the time advertising his lovely coffee, and then will be unable to read articles.

If it helps, by all accounts his wife can barely stand to be in the same room with him so he's got that going for him, which is nice.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
He literally just tweets out “What should I make a video about today?” and then makes videos of him getting mad at an article he is reading for the first time. What a grift.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

E the Shaggy posted:

Said video was 12 minutes long and the first three was advertising a VPN so I'm glad he is at least consistent in his quality.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

E the Shaggy posted:

The coffee if I recall correctly is a white label brand (it's when a brand allows you to buy their product and relabel it as your own) and the original company is considered quite 'woke'.

Hostile V posted:

Kiwi Farms apparently had a 600+ page thread on him which I think is really funny to even bring up defending that website when they hate your guts and probably want you dead.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

DesertIslandHermit posted:

The coffee if I recall correctly is a white label brand (it's when a brand allows you to buy their product and relabel it as your own) and the original company is considered quite 'woke'.

Small correction, white label usually means the manufacturer is the one doing relabeling on behalf of the client; they sell the labeling services on the product.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Just checked, he’s still passed out. Hopefully someone is checking in on him .

https://twitter.com/thevikkiverse/status/1568012108771786753?s=46&t=W9Pjkj8eSe4M6AiBvZL4NQ

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I'm surprised to discover that Mandy Summers isn't an obscure alternate future Cyclops child

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Dale came back to stream just now and the 120(!) people still watching are all like 'LEGEND.' Very sad.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Oh God, I've had to designater driver a guy who was "professing love for someone not there" levels of drunk. Nearly kicked him out of the car, nobody deserves to listen to that.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Jason Pearson has revealed himself to be a sexist, gatekeeping piece of poo poo:
https://bleedingcool.com/comics/jason-pearson-says-afua-richardson-gets-work-because-shes-beautiful/

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

The dude who created Panda from Body Bags is a sexist piece of poo poo? I never would have guessed.

Afua seems to have brushed it off (as much as she can in a public way anyway) and to anyone who isn't familiar with her work, she's absolutely awesome and does great loving work.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

RevKrule posted:

The dude who created Panda from Body Bags is a sexist piece of poo poo? I never would have guessed.

thinking about the time Alex Ross depicted him as an abusive pimp in Uncle Sam because “that’s his attitude towards women”

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

I'm not familiar with either of those people but god drat, that's the gate-keepingest poo poo I've heard since I don't know when.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Happy Hippo posted:

I'm not familiar with either of those people but god drat, that's the gate-keepingest poo poo I've heard since I don't know when.

If it helps I didn't even know Pearson was still active in the industry aside from doing commissions or something like that.

"I got vetted by Neal Adams and much better." Better? Like... who? Are they Canadian artists I've never heard of?

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Jason Pearson is, like, a C-tier fill-in artist at best. I know his work but it’s never any reason to get excited for work. That poo poo he said is incredibly embarrassing and sexist and racist. But obviously y’all knew that already. I do enjoy the shade about his work at the end of the article, though.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I've been reading comics for years and I don't think I have any idea who Jason Pearson is. I may have seen his work before but it wasn't anything memorable to the point that I know his name. I've seen and enjoyed Afua's in the last couple years though.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Afua did the in-show comic for Lovecraft Country (and promotional artwork) and that alone feels like more than Pearson ever did at any point of his career.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Jason Pearson: From my pov- You are new to my industry. I Joined in 1990 when I was 19. I'm 32 years in this Game. You? How Long?

Afua Richardson: so what. You're old. I couldn't be IN the industry in 1990 because i was 10 and in classical music.

:discourse:

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I had never heard of either artist before now, but Afua Richardson's work has a very pretty and unique look to it, I especially like the colours.

Jason Pearson's art looks gritty and dull, like something stuck in the 90's

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Oasx posted:

I had never heard of either artist before now, but Afua Richardson's work has a very pretty and unique look to it, I especially like the colours.

Same. She's very good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Pearson is a massive piece of poo poo.

However

His art in the first Body Bags series is really fuckin good, he was a great story teller and his action sequences were fantastic.

But that was 25 years ago so gently caress him

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I didn't realize Aaron Lopresti was a CG dork too. Shame.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/weredawgz/status/1568289162704347139?s=20&t=CtRsu7N_a9ANjqiK9BMGQQ

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

'By the way, woman'? Eesh.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Man you can *hear* the barely contained hatred hidden behind the word 'woman' there

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Pearson is a massive piece of poo poo.

However

His art in the first Body Bags series is really fuckin good, he was a great story teller and his action sequences were fantastic.

But that was 25 years ago so gently caress him
Pearson is a good artist with a unique style who never got allowed to do anything with it like so many other artists who only worked in the mainstream, and had only one or two really good story ideas of their own. It was a really good series. It was also only three issues and two one shots plus a handful of anthology shorts over twenty years. If he wanted to do anything more with it he had all the time in the world to work on it in his own; this was right at the start of the web as a comic medium.

I think a lot of these dudes who came up in the 90's either adapted to better writing and less spandex, or didn't and failed into either doing variant covers/fill-ins or grifting nazis while crying about how the SJW's ruined everything. It's like a reversal of all the old hands from the 60-80's who found themselves out of work in the 90's Holofoil Age because they couldn't or didn't want to adapt (I don't blame them).

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'm going to guess Pearson has a real problem with deadlines. I remember he did a fill-in issue on Witchblade way back when that was hyped as a Big Deal and he only did about half of it.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

ryonguy posted:

Pearson is a good artist with a unique style who never got allowed to do anything with it like so many other artists who only worked in the mainstream, and had only one or two really good story ideas of their own. It was a really good series. It was also only three issues and two one shots plus a handful of anthology shorts over twenty years. If he wanted to do anything more with it he had all the time in the world to work on it in his own; this was right at the start of the web as a comic medium.

I think a lot of these dudes who came up in the 90's either adapted to better writing and less spandex, or didn't and failed into either doing variant covers/fill-ins or grifting nazis while crying about how the SJW's ruined everything. It's like a reversal of all the old hands from the 60-80's who found themselves out of work in the 90's Holofoil Age because they couldn't or didn't want to adapt (I don't blame them).

A lot of these 90s dudes probably thought they too could be Mike Mignola, but only Mike Mignola could do it.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Gripweed posted:

I'm surprised to discover that Mandy Summers isn't an obscure alternate future Cyclops child

Yeah, she seems to publish some close to NSFW comics, which is one way of making a living through comics gate.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Dawgstar posted:

I'm going to guess Pearson has a real problem with deadlines. I remember he did a fill-in issue on Witchblade way back when that was hyped as a Big Deal and he only did about half of it.

I heard he mentioned before about suffering from bipolar disorder which affects his work output, which is awful and I hope he does get professional help if that’s the case, but if he has the foresight to recognize his diagnosis, he should also realize why he’s in the wrong on this.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Social media was a mistake and internet communication peaked with forums

edit; Dude just keeps doubling down, it's puzzling. Hearing that he suffers from bipolar makes me pity his dumb rear end, though I'm not sure if that particular disorder could've contributed to his utter failures on social media

Happy Hippo fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Sep 9, 2022

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I remember his art from like the 90s or 00s but I couldn't tell you what books he ever did. I thought he had a unique style which is why the name sticks out.

But ugh he sucks as a person

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Happy Hippo posted:

Social media was a mistake and internet communication peaked with forums

edit; Dude just keeps doubling down, it's puzzling. Hearing that he suffers from bipolar makes me pity his dumb rear end, though I'm not sure if that particular disorder could've contributed to his utter failures on social media

I am fine with the 'lovely people show their whole rear end in publicly documented ways' aspect TBH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

If you're going full 90's superstar, that's just how you roll.