Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
videogames are poo poo now, don't buy them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

More and more Paradox is justifying their subscription model by making their pay-as-you-go model awful.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

that's not very fair. you could simply take the money you were going to spend on eu4 dlc (bad) and spend it on another video game (good). doesn't even have to be a new video game. maybe drive down to the vintage stock and buy a donkey kong country on snes catridge that's started to turn yellow.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Hellioning posted:

More and more Paradox is justifying their subscription model by making their pay-as-you-go model awful.

More and more I’m not buying their new DLCs

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I will buy the dlc eventually (FFXIV Island is killing my time) but I am 100% part of the problem.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I've played like 6k hours of eu4 so I'll buy this dlc too. And play more.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Fanatical usually has the new dlcs with discounts.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
lol yeah imagine spending money on video game content, what a scam
anyway im off to blow a load on skins for some JRPG/Moba

the eu4 dlc release schedule comes out to be like what, 15 dollars a year?

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I mean, they're currently getting a fiver a month out of me for the DLC subscription - that humble bundle needs to come back around so I can catch up

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Mr. Grinch posted:

lol yeah imagine spending money on video game content, what a scam
anyway im off to blow a load on skins for some JRPG/Moba

the eu4 dlc release schedule comes out to be like what, 15 dollars a year?

so what if it's cheap? why would i pay for a few mission trees when i can play anbennar and get dozens for free?

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Wafflecopper posted:

so what if it's cheap? why would i pay for a few mission trees when i can play anbennar and get dozens for free?

I’m looking forward to the dlc and don’t like anbennar. People like different things I know it sounds crazy

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Also Anbennar will on occasion include DLC features.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Yeah tbh 60% of my motivation for buying the humble bundle pack was to get all the missing features for Anbennar.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

Wafflecopper posted:

why would anyone spend 10 dollars on a chogath skin? or a fortnite dance?
Also the DLC includes more than a "few mission trees" if youd read the dev diaries

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

yeti friend posted:

I’m looking forward to the dlc and don’t like anbennar. People like different things I know it sounds crazy

There’s nothing wrong with looking forward to it. I’m not criticising anyone is is. I was responding to a snarky post about people not wanting to spend money on it.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I will enjoy both.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

I've got an urgent question: What's the pun in "Vasa or Wettin?"? I've been trying to figure it out and I just can't.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Idk the pun but my extensive google research tells me that apparently the picture for the achievement is referencing a popular brand of swedish crackers

I guess the Vasa is the crackers and the Wettin is the sausage?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

It's kinda... bread crackers, they function as bread. No idea about the pun. :sweden:

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
Bread, but with a much crunchier sound.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
# Units
- Regiments that reach 0 strength or 0 morale during battle will now retreat immediately.
- Daily morale damage is now percentage of enemy's max morale.
- Insufficient Support cavalry penalty now increases in steps and is based on all front row units.
- Reintroduced 0.03 daily morale damage to deployed troops in battle, but only reinforcements get affected by the modifier.
- Backline can only reinforce 2 regiments per day, +1 per 2 maneuver pips of commanding general.
- Rebalanced artillery pips to be more tactically interesting and contribute less to prolonged battles.

Hopefully this makes morale actually useful again. Seems like good changes, but we'll have to see in practice.

- Slackening Recruiting Standards now only gives one year of manpower instead of two.

RIP

- Spy Network reduces AE now by 30% at 100% Spy Network instead of the previous 10% AE reduction.

Cool

- Being over Governing Capacity now decreases Administrative Efficiency. For every 2% over Governing Capacity you lose 1% Administrative Efficiency. Also, removed the Core Creation Cost penalty for being over Governing Capacity, as overlapped with the new Administrative Efficiency malus.

Also RIP

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Firebatgyro posted:

# Units
- Regiments that reach 0 strength or 0 morale during battle will now retreat immediately.
- Insufficient Support cavalry penalty now increases in steps and is based on all front row units.
- Reintroduced 0.03 daily morale damage to deployed troops in battle, but only reinforcements get affected by the modifier.
- Backline can only reinforce 2 regiments per day, +1 per 2 maneuver pips of commanding general.
- Rebalanced artillery pips to be more tactically interesting and contribute less to prolonged battles.

Hopefully this makes morale actually useful again. Seems like good changes, but we'll have to see in practice.

- Slackening Recruiting Standards now only gives one year of manpower instead of two.

RIP

- Spy Network reduces AE now by 30% at 100% Spy Network instead of the previous 10% AE reduction.

Cool

- Being over Governing Capacity now decreases Administrative Efficiency. For every 2% over Governing Capacity you lose 1% Administrative Efficiency. Also, removed the Core Creation Cost penalty for being over Governing Capacity, as overlapped with the new Administrative Efficiency malus.

Also RIP

I'm definitely going to have to prioritise getting a fat spy network on enemies now, goddamn

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Spy network is already pretty good for war enemies, it gives you a big siege ability buff. Caps at 25% for 100 network iirc

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Firebatgyro posted:

# Units

RIP

Cool

Also RIP
LOL Admin stays winning. We're going to need more diplomats, as if Diplomatic Ideas wasn't good enough already! Espionage gets buffed too, I guess.

The ideas section didn't get added initially: here it is, for reference.

quote:

# Ideas
- The bonus of Economic Ideas now gives only -10% Development Cost instead of -20%
- The Aristocratic idea "Serfdom" now gives -5% Development Cost and 15% Global Manpower Modifier
- The Plutocratic idea "Free Cities" now gives -5% Development Cost additionally to the 25% Caravan Power
- The Horde idea "Horse-lords of the Steppes" now gives +10% Cavalry to Infantry Ratio additionally to the -33% Cav cost
- The Divine idea "Servants of God" now gives -5% Development Cost additionally to the Devotion / Legitimacy modifier
- The Indigenous idea "Controlled Burns" now gives only 15% Global Manpower Modifier instead of 20%
- The bonus of Defensive ideas now gives +1 Max Hostile Attrition additionally to the Hostile Attrition
- The Exploration idea "Global Empire" now gives +25% Treasure Fleet Income additionally to hte Naval Force Limit bonus
- The Quantity idea "Levée en Masse" now gives +25% Global Manpower Modifier instead of 50%
- The bonus of Quantity ideas now gives +25% Land Forcelimit instead of 50%
- The Naval idea "Naval Glory" now increases Blockade Impact on Siege by +1 additionally to the Navy Tradition
- The Espionage idea "Privateers" now gives +25% Capture Ship Chance instead of +25% Embargo Efficiency (the Privateer Efficiency remains untouched)
Quantity's totally busted good bonuses got halved. And dev efficiency modifiers are smaller...but also more numerous?
Also the nerf to Indigeneous Ideas is kind of a headscratcher, because it's such a small change, but if you have access to Indigenous Ideas, you need all the loving help you can get.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

I like that the Statehouse will nearly cancel out the drawback to Expand Infrastructure for a net gain of 5 gov cost per province you use it in
youll probably never want to expand infra more than once per province unless you have gov cap coming out of your ears

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
Defensive increasing max attrition is interesting, and will absolutely make invading Russia even more of a slog than it is now. Particularly relevant for Anbennar and all the factions with attrition boosts, like the Kobolds.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
The events for Black Demense are animated. How the gently caress.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

uPen posted:

Yeah, apparently you can use gifs in all kinds of places if you know how. A bunch of missions use a gif for the little image, too. Whichever cabal of foulest necromancers they've got developing new gui tricks is genuinely a little scary.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

When the Gold Kobolds find Balris they also get an animated event.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

uPen posted:

It really is one of the coolest surprises in the mod imo, really feels like "oh poo poo, this is both epic and wrong"

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Aethernet posted:

Defensive increasing max attrition is interesting, and will absolutely make invading Russia even more of a slog than it is now. Particularly relevant for Anbennar and all the factions with attrition boosts, like the Kobolds.

Yeah allowing modders to change the max attrition cap is going to make Kobolds actually playable finally.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Firebatgyro posted:

Yeah allowing modders to change the max attrition cap is going to make Kobolds actually playable finally.

You could already do that? I removed the cap when I played kobold and oni

Box wine
Apr 6, 2005

ah crap
League war started, so was about to close the game then came up with an idea for the rest of my run. Should be an achievement but can't think of a good pun for it. Which would probably explain why it isn't. Piratus Maximus? :shrug:

Shoutout to the Erie Federation finishing 3rd.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Box wine posted:

League war started, so was about to close the game then came up with an idea for the rest of my run. Should be an achievement but can't think of a good pun for it. Which would probably explain why it isn't. Piratus Maximus? :shrug:

'S.P.Q.Arrrrrrr'

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Box wine posted:

The Other Sultan of Rum

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Box wine posted:

pompey's nightmare

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

SirPhoebos posted:

'S.P.Q.Arrrrrrr'

:perfect:

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Poor Timmy sitting 1 province away from forming the Mughals for like 300 years probably

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Turns out Varamhar owns. WE SHALL MAKE A NEW SURAEL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Question about 1.34:

- Being completely blockaded now decreases Global Trade Power and Trade Steering by 75%.

What happens to landlocked countries? Do they get that penalty?