Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

frajaq posted:

I have to kill the happy dancing eremite to get this chest...

Do it. Kill her. Take her scarf. DO IT.

And is it just me or are all Hydro-aspected human enemies wearing blindfolds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Kale posted:

I remember a lot of people saying that her dash was clunky, which it was kind of up until the most recent patch, but a lot of people kind of overlooked her other perks like easy Cryo infusion, a really great charge attack with quick hits and a ton of range, a really high damage multi hit burst and her passive talents as well like the crafting one. Her skill also hits in a pretty large radius, has a decent refresh rate of 10 seconds and is an easy self-buff to go along with the easy cryo infusion. She's good enough on her own, but now they've also added Shenhe to make her potentially even more lethal. Her only real sort of drawback is she doesn't contribute anything for the rest of the roster aside from her crafting talent which is outside combat anyway.

I rolled for ayaka on a whim (and randomly got her off-pity) just because I thought the dash infusion thing seemed cool. And then I realized that 85% of her power is in her burst and didn't use her for a long time, besides dashing across lakes.

Now that I have Kazuha so her burst will reliably hit more than 1-2 targets she actually feels playable.

I still get the feeling that Ganyu is 10x better for overworld stuff though I didn't have her myself.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Sep 7, 2022

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I rolled for ayaka on a whim (and randomly got her off-pity) just because I thought the dash infusion thing seemed cool. And then I realized that 85% of her power is in her burst and didn't use her for a long time, besides dashing across lakes.

Now that I have Kazuha she actually feels playable.

I think Klee is pretty much unusuable without Kazuha. I got Kaz first, so I lucked out. She's a top rate 5 star with him in the team and pretty forgettable without him.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

frajaq posted:

I have to kill the happy dancing eremite to get this chest...

I have never felt guilty about beating up eremites because they're enemies that immediately go aggro the second you get in their range.

But every time I unseal one of those restrained ruin machines I always feel bad because I'm definitely making the area worse and more dangerous by doing so.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I really appreciate Ayaka's special dash for overworld stuff when I have her on the team. I've been running with a different team lately and every time I have to swim across a river I feel like a peasant.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

I have a c4 Qiqi. She's level 20 :v:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Ayaka was playable before the stigma of Kazuha wore off and Shenhe, it was a such a weird time when people legit thought her normals were bad when they're one of the higher normals period.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

I got Qiqi off a limited banner about the same time the Ocean-hued clam domain came out, by the time i built her i had a decent set of that lying around, and honestly... Now the "Sucks you got Qiqi'd!" stuff is really just a meme. She makes your team borderline unkillable if you do at least a bare minimum of dodging (or have even a lovely shielder), and with the clam set her healing just flat out deletes poo poo. Cant even remember what banner it was, but I reckon I've been better off with Qiqi than whoever I was rolling on, she has a place on my "Ah, this might actually be a challenging fight" team.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Now that I have Kazuha so her burst will reliably hit more than 1-2 targets she actually feels playable.

I still get the feeling that Ganyu is 10x better for overworld stuff though I didn't have her myself.
Ayaka is an overworld queen now, not only does she have a fat skill and no downtime for doing stuff but she meshes exceptionally well with yelan and kazuha. Ganyu is roadblocked by shield mitachurls and getting staggered out of charge shots constantly is a complete drag, I own her C1R1 and don't use her.

This is all a question of personal preference ofc.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm currently trying to figure out if I want to try to get Kokomi in her upcoming rerun. I'm not all that interested in Cyno or Nilou, though I might roll on a potential Eula rerun since a pure physical DPS (with cool dance-fighting sword moves) seems like a fun novelty to have on my team. And Kokomi seems like a good inclusion on an Ayaka team or if I want to run a hyperbloom team without an on-field hydro driver like Ayato.

On the other hand, I'm not too sure what I'd do with Kokomi. She strikes me as a character who's great on a lot of teams where I could also just use Xingqiu, I guess, though having her healing is probably also really nice. And if I had to pick a hydro character I don't already have to roll for, that would be Yelan (though her rerun is probably a long time from now).

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

RareAcumen posted:

But every time I unseal one of those restrained ruin machines I always feel bad because I'm definitely making the area worse and more dangerous by doing so.

You're only making it more dangerous if you don't kill them afterwards. If you do, then I'd say the world is safer than if they were sealed behind an easily broken lock.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

No Wave posted:

Ayaka is an overworld queen now, not only does she have a fat skill and no downtime for doing stuff but she meshes exceptionally well with yelan and kazuha. Ganyu is roadblocked by shield mitachurls and getting staggered out of charge shots constantly is a complete drag, I own her C1R1 and don't use her.

This is all a question of personal preference ofc.

Ayaka's normal spam stuff always felt extremely anemic to me compared to my Ningguang but I'm sure part of that is just bad blizzard strayer domain luck.

Ning has been by go-to overworld character basically since the first Zhongli banner. (Even after rolling Itto.)

Although I've also been having fun running around with a kazuha soup team lately.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Ganyu's overrated in general, but especially in overworld. Most of the time you're gonna walk up to pick up items, in which case melee would've gotten the job done just as quickly.

serefin99 posted:

You're only making it more dangerous if you don't kill them afterwards. If you do, then I'd say the world is safer than if they were sealed behind an easily broken lock.

I never thought about it before, but the ones who came up with those seals didn't seem to account for random Pyro slimes wandering into their contraption.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

kokomi works very well on teams that dont want to have to rely on normal attacking for hydro applications. theres some new dendro teams she works very well on, and shes great with ganyu

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

ganyu peaks the first time you do the "destroy 2 hilchurl towers" mission

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

We still don't know who the other 4 stars are gonna be alongside dori, right

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

We still don't know who the other 4 stars are gonna be alongside dori, right
nope

my prediction, based on the 4*s who havent been on rateup in a while:

beidou will probably be with cyno and xingqiu will probably be with nilou, they like matching the elements of new 5*s on their release and both of them would synergize pretty well

sara would be too many electro

so my prediction is dori/xiangling/sucrose

or possibly dori/xiangling/sayu

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

serefin99 posted:

They came from Khaenri'ah, they're under the same curse of immortality as the hillichurls! You kill them and they respawn 2 hours later for any disobedient child to stumble across!

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Tae posted:

Was trying to knock out a good percentage of the aranara quests, an hour later, I did 1. Welp.
It’s 1001 nights. Each story branches into 3 sub stories which all branch too.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Currently the 4*s with the longest absence are XQ and Beidou, followed by Sara

Though I'm crossing my fingers they rerun Kuki just for the hell of it. Wouldn't be the first time a new character came back so quickly.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

On my X/Kazuha/Tig/Yae team, I threw the 4-piece Dendro set on Yae and it seems super good for Tig so far. For some reason I've been reluctant about doing that, throwing weird "off-set" pieces on characters but while it does diminish Yae's personal damage (she had 18% Atk/15% Electro artifacts before), Tighnari is like a nuclear bomb now. Using his skill, then burst immediately after is one of the most satisfying things in this game, I swear.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I wonder if the catalyst character with flying options/funnels/drones will be from Fontaine or Khaenri'ah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASTGVJLBX14

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Kale posted:

I'm still only really getting like 16K or so damage off of her fully double charged attack that takes a ton of time to charge up, aim and fire.

That's very low. Ideally you'd be using cryo resonance and freeze which allows you to drop her CR to crank her CD. Since you're running at or drat near 100% CR with that setup and over 200% CD she hits like a truck even without a 5*. Against anything that can be hoovered, her Q plus Venti's Q clears the room. For single target she's not going to beat straight Hu Tao vape, but melt Ganyu (with a gear swap) is very much still a thing for 12 bosses where freeze isn't applicable.

..unless you're talking about open world, where everyone is fine and the real standouts are "being a tall guy", "reduces stamina usage", and "has claymore". Diluc is an amazing open world character.

Harrow posted:

On the other hand, I'm not too sure what I'd do with Kokomi. She strikes me as a character who's great on a lot of teams where I could also just use Xingqiu, I guess, though having her healing is probably also really nice. And if I had to pick a hydro character I don't already have to roll for, that would be Yelan (though her rerun is probably a long time from now).

I've had Kokomi locked into every group since her release, though ironically not for the weird rear end turbocorrosion abyss they released to sell her, and she's both an amazing freeze hydro applier and a prime holder of the clam set. I don't know how hyperbloom teams work, because I'm not grinding up traveler to try it out, but if slow and steady aoe hydro is what you want it's either Kokomi or Mona and Koko also ticks your healer slot. If you want fast and hard hydro to replace/augment XQ, then Yelan is your gal.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
The only issue with clam qiqi is that when I want her to heal, the bubble keeps killing things before I can get more than like 1/4 health for anyone who got real badly hosed up. Also the two mond commissions where you need to not destroy boxes/those hilchurl stand things

Still can't decide between ganyu (who I want and will basically never use, because archer), and kokomi (who would actually be useful, because jellyfish). But after this banner's nilou, right? Getting one of those would put me back on 50/50 and I doubt I'd fish up enough gems to get the 5* on two in a row anyway. I guess I should save in that case. Even though 'lol just pull if you have some jewels, don't worry about it' is the sensible way to use genshin's gacha, instead of acting like it's most other gacha games and saving for your favorite, who also has some incredibly useful meta skill or whatever.

Incidentally, sometimes while I'm dashing I see this little green puff-looking effect on my active character, anyone have any idea what it might be? I feel like I only see it on teams with dendro traveler or collei, and they both have the dendro set, but only 2pc. It's not like the sprout thing from collei's skill, it's like a little fog cloud or something. Honestly, it just seems like the random beeps that the map does when something shows up within its range, where I can't actually figure out what the hell it's beeping about, and it probably means nothing important; but it still sorta bugs me that I can't sort out what the deal is.

Also, collei feels a lot nicer to use when you get c2 and now you're emitting dendro just for the boomerang coming back, rather than needing to cause a reaction first. Works nicely with keqing's teleporting (and probably also hutao or anyone else with a useful infusion on a melee weapon sorry ayaka, no cool reactions for you).

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Qiqi's E skill might as well not exist, just spam attacks long enough to get the Q talisman from her A4 passive and then swap to the character who needs healing and hit it with them for a single-target heal that's ~8.5x as strong.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Hell yea, I got a pink floatie followin me around now

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Eimi posted:

Just saying there's no five star geo lady yet.

Mix. posted:

There's also no male Electro 5* until next patch
Geo Lumine and Electro Aether shake their heads in disappointment...

I want Candace, she looks like a lot of fun. I'm just wondering if we're going to get her with Cyno, or with Nilou... I'm not sure which of those two I'd even prefer to have.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Qiqi's E skill might as well not exist, just spam attacks long enough to get the Q talisman from her A4 passive and then swap to the character who needs healing and hit it with them for a single-target heal that's ~8.5x as strong.

It's nice for rifthounds and other things that kill everyone fairly evenly. Also for eula, so she can worry about hitting stuff instead of dodging. Generally unless I've say, wandered into a hilchurl cage match or [insert local environmental hazard here] enhanced ruin machines, the damage is spread out evenly enough that it's useful, instead of 3 dudes who are perfectly fine and one dps with 200 health.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Mailer posted:

I've had Kokomi locked into every group since her release, though ironically not for the weird rear end turbocorrosion abyss they released to sell her, and she's both an amazing freeze hydro applier and a prime holder of the clam set. I don't know how hyperbloom teams work, because I'm not grinding up traveler to try it out, but if slow and steady aoe hydro is what you want it's either Kokomi or Mona and Koko also ticks your healer slot. If you want fast and hard hydro to replace/augment XQ, then Yelan is your gal.

My only gripe with Kokomi is that I have trouble coordinating things such that I use her burst to maintain uptime on her skill.

She's very good due to the combo of being able to heal and apply hydro, though. In general "characters that are good at applying an element + healing" are very nice, because I usually want someone to fill the healing slot and it's good if someone can do so while also fitting into the rest of the team.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

I am convinced the strongbox is cursed. I've been getting pretty poor artifacts from the new domain and I funneled just about all of them into TF, only to get even WORSE artifacts out of it. And judging by all of the yt videos of streamers doing strongbox, it's not just me. At this rate I'll have a good 4 piece set for Cyno in 3.7

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
you have to keep in mind the chance of actually getting a good artifact is extremely low since all stats are not weighed evenly either in main stat or substat.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Are we supposed to get new artifacts with 3.1? Or is what we have now basically it for awhile

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Hazdoc posted:

Geo Lumine and Electro Aether shake their heads in disappointment...

5 stars, not 3 stars. Bloomine is the best but..even then that's very temporary.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
So I'm currently on a quest to make Noelle even stronger because she's the best, and I've been tinkering around with the Genshin Optimizer but I've been getting some odd results. After telling it to optimize around here elemental skill and it tell me to switch to an artifact set which results in me losing 1k of DEF but somehow gaining 4k DPS. I thought stacking DEF on C6 Noelle was the way to go but should I follow it's suggestions anyway?

Yuwe
Apr 6, 2009
If it's balancing your crit ratio better that could account for it. Also she still wants a geo damage goblet for DPS and a crit stat circlet if you have a decent one of either. Damage is contributed to by multiple stats and going all in on one stat will be less effective than investing in all the component stats (because they multiply each other, but any increase to one stat is additive).

Yuwe fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Sep 8, 2022

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

My only gripe with Kokomi is that I have trouble coordinating things such that I use her burst to maintain uptime on her skill.

Doing this consistently to keep 100% uptime on her E is something you'd have to build for and build the group around so I mostly don't bother. Once you figure in swap lag and the animation you're saving like 4-5s of downtime. I only pop Koko's Q on big enemies who are locked down already by Ganyu's Q because Venti is meaningless there and keeping them frozen to eat the full Ayaka Q is super important. Even then it's not really timed - I just need them to stand still for an extra five seconds or so.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I've actually found it better to use the skill after a burst if you're going in a strong rotation. After fully healing your team and pounding the enemy, lay down the jelly fish to apply hydro and keep healing on field. It also generates energy for her.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

x1o posted:

So I'm currently on a quest to make Noelle even stronger because she's the best, and I've been tinkering around with the Genshin Optimizer but I've been getting some odd results. After telling it to optimize around here elemental skill and it tell me to switch to an artifact set which results in me losing 1k of DEF but somehow gaining 4k DPS. I thought stacking DEF on C6 Noelle was the way to go but should I follow it's suggestions anyway?
Crit (and geo dmg) are much stronger on Noelle than DEF. This is because her burst adds her atk and 120% of her def (at C6) together, so she has a pretty fat atk score under burst even with zero def substat rolls. As weird as it sounds perfect Noelle substats would have about zero actual DEF rolls, you'd just only hit crit. Albedo and Yelan scale entirely off of their DEF/HP, so you actually actively want some def/hp rolls on them. (Husk is still Noelle's BiS either way)

No Wave fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Sep 8, 2022

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I've actually found it better to use the skill after a burst if you're going in a strong rotation. After fully healing your team and pounding the enemy, lay down the jelly fish to apply hydro and keep healing on field. It also generates energy for her.

Disclaimer here is that I only use Koko in freeze. There's probably room for her Q in taser or hyperbloom or whatever - I have zero idea. I was specifically talking about the rotation in a Ganyu/Ayaka/Venti/Kokomi team. She doesn't get field time there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

No Wave posted:

Crit (and geo dmg) are much stronger on Noelle than DEF. This is because her burst adds her atk and 120% of her def (at C6) together, so she has a pretty fat atk score under burst even with zero def substat rolls. As weird as it sounds perfect Noelle substats would have about zero actual DEF rolls, you'd just only hit crit. Albedo and Yelan scale entirely off of their DEF/HP, so you actually actively want some def/hp rolls on them. (Husk is still Noelle's BiS either way)

Makes sense, the new set had better crit stats which explains the increase in damage. Time to farm some more artifacts then.