Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Same.

I've observed that Core figures don't seem to be available for preorder though they do seem to carry them at some point (at official street date?)
Yeah Pulse seems really weird about stocking core class. But core class is the one size class that seems to constantly stay readily available in brick and mortars, at least in my area. They should be available for preorder on plenty of other sites though.

Speaking up, we now have a canonical origin for the core figures:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EtB9mpHFQM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I think Pulse and Core Class might have something to do with developing markets/market 6 distribution where Core is partially set aside for lower-income situations?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
so the Diaclone reboot line is gearing up to do it's take on the original line's Robot Base, the original Robot Base was the largest figure in the original Diaclone line(and if it had been brought over as part of Transformers would have been one of the largest figures of that line too) and they're going in that direction for the new version too, so big in fact that Robot Base is being broken up into several parts both to serve the more modular nature of most Diaclone reboot figures and so that the price is more manageable, so we have the first part the Land Mobile Battleship Grand Dion;

https://twitter.com/Diaclone_log/status/1565897376224518144

according to purported leaks just this part when converted to serve as Robot Base's legs and lower torso will be about 45 cm tall, so yeah Robot Base is going to be a very big boy when completed

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Yeah I can see why they didn't bring that over as a Transformer. Kinda useless without the little Diaclone guys to put in it, even the Minibots would be too big to realistically use that control room. Also what a lovely alt-mode for a Transformer.

He definitely would have been the biggest G1 figure until Fort Max though.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

I picked up Legacy Jhaxius today, since I was lucky enough to find one in the wild, and he's pretty awesome.

....Only problem though is that all of the yellow paint apps have now seemed to have turned into more of a yellow-lime green color within the span of a few hours after getting him home. The yellow plastic is entirely unchanged, and I'm honestly kinda down with the green, but has there been any reports of anything like this happening for anyone else? It's just real weird.

EDIT: okay, so it's just the yellow metallic paint being weird depending on the sort of light it's in and what lightbulbs you use. Under some lights, it looks light green, while in others, it looks exactly as it should. Bizarre.

XavierGenisi fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Sep 4, 2022

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Saw a whole pile of Mutant Tigatron in TK Maxx on Oxford Street today.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

drrockso20 posted:

so the Diaclone reboot line is gearing up to do it's take on the original line's Robot Base, the original Robot Base was the largest figure in the original Diaclone line(and if it had been brought over as part of Transformers would have been one of the largest figures of that line too) and they're going in that direction for the new version too, so big in fact that Robot Base is being broken up into several parts both to serve the more modular nature of most Diaclone reboot figures and so that the price is more manageable, so we have the first part the Land Mobile Battleship Grand Dion;

according to purported leaks just this part when converted to serve as Robot Base's legs and lower torso will be about 45 cm tall, so yeah Robot Base is going to be a very big boy when completed

And nearly $500 for half of the figure. I need to start donating plasma

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

drrockso20 posted:

This looks fantastic

https://twitter.com/sixotf/status/1566813840435806210

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

that guy is gonna rival haslab unicron huh

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Pretty ballsy to make a figure to rival Unicron out of this literally who

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'm terrible about keeping up with releases these days. Is Dead End in the wild yet?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Nope, Dead End is wave 3 which will release sometime mumble mumble supply chain mumble mumble.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Holiday season

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Big thanks to Joe Fisto for shipping out this large lad with serious Fight-Piping. I might not have even bothered to get him otherwise, but that would have been a drat mistake

Also: un-carmoding some of my MPs means I can finally do this

"Don't ever talk to me or my son or my son's son again"

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I was kind of hoping Scourge would be a little bigger, but after a day or two I really learned to like him. Looks good next to the Tomy Nemesis Prime.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1567166662490857474?s=20&t=5frVUpETvBb_UGIfWstVWg

No idea if this is a good deal but figured I'd post it.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Good enough deal that I feel silly for having bought it at launch.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

What if Menasor was made entirely out of Cliffjumpers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVjWd5XcQZo

treetheheavy
Mar 28, 2005

Keldroc posted:

Good enough deal that I feel silly for having bought it at launch.

I bought all three of these things. This is a really good deal if you're into MP-52 at all.

Triple-Kan
Dec 29, 2008
https://www.amazon.com/Transformers...ps%2C129&sr=8-1

Legacy Galvatron on sale at Amazon for $32.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Oh wow, even with the shipping fees that's still cheaper than buying it on the UK site lol

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Anyone know the name of a good exterminator?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Up to $45 now.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Joe Fisto posted:

Damned fine Tarantulas. Damned fine.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Dabir posted:

Oh wow, even with the shipping fees that's still cheaper than buying it on the UK site lol
It's getting whacked with customs that you need to worry about :ohdear:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Joe Fisto posted:

A really good toy. Transforms like a dream compared to Blackarachnia.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Dabir posted:

A really good toy. Transforms like a dream compared to Blackarachnia.

It’s crazy how much better he is than BA. He actually looks like a spider! I don’t think I can leave him in beast mode without making my wife upset.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

treetheheavy posted:

I bought all three of these things. This is a really good deal if you're into MP-52 at all.

It’s a terrible deal because then you’ll be compelled to buy the other two for $$$ and that’s how they get you :negative:

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

History Comes Inside! posted:

It’s a terrible deal because then you’ll be compelled to buy the other two for $$$ and that’s how they get you :negative:
Nah see that's why you pick one favourite seeker and only get that one. I learned this the hard way when I passed on Thrilling 30 Thundercracker because I couldn't get Fall of Cybertron Starscream and then found him cheap in TRU like a month later... :negative:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Arquinsiel posted:

Nah see that's why you pick one favourite seeker and only get that one. I learned this the hard way when I passed on Thrilling 30 Thundercracker because I couldn't get Fall of Cybertron Starscream and then found him cheap in TRU like a month later... :negative:

For me it's Skywarp, I love his colors so much more than Thundercracker and Starscream.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I thought Blackarachnia came out pretty dang good, to the point where King Rancho is actually a little less impressive despite being a better spider.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Blackarachnia is mostly fine but there's a couple of steps that suck. The first is the head flip thing, cause as a result she has to have a weird neck that doesn't like staying up, and the second is getting her shell over her tits cause it always feels like you're doing something wrong. Tarantulas just works.

E: Also yeah Blurr is such a nothing in the movie. Everyone else gets big moments in the battle, his job is to be off-screen and sometimes talk fast. In the evacuation, his job is to suck at something so Hot Rod can do it instead. On the alien planets... Did they even remember to draw him in scenes?

Dabir fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Sep 7, 2022

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Medullah posted:

For me it's Skywarp, I love his colors so much more than Thundercracker and Starscream.

Even easier when your Seeker is a Conehead. I've been about Ramjet ever since I played him in a MUSH for a few months in university

(this is long enough ago that while the library had relatively modern computers, there were still terminals scattered around campus that could only access the text-based portion of the internet, so like email and usenet and telnet)

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Phy posted:

Even easier when your Seeker is a Conehead. I've been about Ramjet ever since I played him in a MUSH for a few months in university

(this is long enough ago that while the library had relatively modern computers, there were still terminals scattered around campus that could only access the text-based portion of the internet, so like email and usenet and telnet)

Ah, MUSHs. I feel like TF2K5 must still be going, it doesn't seem like something that could ever die.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
If you slice the extra sleeve bits off of Velocitron Blurr's hands and Krazy Glue them onto his backpack, the results aren't bad at all. he transforms the same and everything, those little flaps raise for clearance to get the fists back into where they usually go.

Shattered Glass Ultra Magnus's pauldrons actually fit him as designed, a first for the mold in my experience. The grey flaps actually tab onto the back of the core robot's arms properly.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Fil5000 posted:

Ah, MUSHs. I feel like TF2K5 must still be going, it doesn't seem like something that could ever die.

It's been several years but the last time I checked in the place was very dead. It was honestly a little sad.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
new video from Takara-Tomy's YT channel showcasing not only a couple new MP figures(a Movie Nemesis Prime and stuff for the MP figures they're doing for the train guys), but also for Diaclone as well as Transformer's adopted sibling franchise Zoids as that franchise is gearing up for it's 40th anniversary*;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qfq3uqqQ3pI

honestly at this point all we really need is something new with Microman and/or Henshin Cyborg and we'd have all of the major Takara-Tomy robot franchises active again

*interestingly there's a bit of a parallel between Transformers and Zoids where Zoids started off as the unsuccessful Mechabonica line in Japan, then when they sold the line in the US and Europe they renamed it Zoids(which as I literally just found out is meant to be a portmanteau of Zoic and Androids) where it was a lot more successful and then they relaunched it as Zoids in Japan as well and then it really took off

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

If you slice the extra sleeve bits off of Velocitron Blurr's hands and Krazy Glue them onto his backpack, the results aren't bad at all. he transforms the same and everything, those little flaps raise for clearance to get the fists back into where they usually go.

Shattered Glass Ultra Magnus's pauldrons actually fit him as designed, a first for the mold in my experience. The grey flaps actually tab onto the back of the core robot's arms properly.

Wait, as in, popping the the extra wheel-sleeve bits off at the wrist and supergluing them to the nosecone? Huh. I may have to try that.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Is there a licencing thing stopping Takara from using the original Diaclone designs? It would be a bit lovely if they couldn't use the original Optimus design anymore because Hasbro brought the rights to the original toy and it got popular

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

It's cool that they still use those little joint-retaining rubber caps (or reasonable facsimile thereof), even in the unmotorized Kotobukyia models