Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

In Training posted:

Let's fuckin goooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

waiting patiently for a week for my saturn to get here, after which i will fuckin go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

In Training posted:

hell yeah

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me

absolutely anything posted:

waiting patiently for a week for my saturn to get here, after which i will fuckin go

good poo poo

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lmao

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

In Training posted:

absolutely anything posted:

sick.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

lol

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Before I get started, is the disc switching going to work in SSF or do I need a different emulator? I tried 5 different emulators before I could get Sega Ages working and then only ended up having a couple hours to play the game before I went out of town to visit family.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

rodbeard posted:

Before I get started, is the disc switching going to work in SSF or do I need a different emulator? I tried 5 different emulators before I could get Sega Ages working and then only ended up having a couple hours to play the game before I went out of town to visit family.

I am using retroarch using the folder extension thing lyle and joan posted earlier, I'll let you know how it goes

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

That Little Demon posted:

I am using retroarch using the folder extension thing lyle and joan posted earlier, I'll let you know how it goes

You running it on a PC or the X?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

rodbeard posted:

Mednafen runs the game perfectly so far and the disc switching seems to work, fwiw

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

midna fan. got it in one

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

midna fan. got it in one

I thought that guy got permaed.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

herculon posted:

You running it on a PC or the X?

on PC, the X saturn emulation has been spotty for me, although I love having the option on there lol

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Mednafen runs the game perfectly so far and the disc switching seems to work, fwiw

I could not get it to work earlier and had not even considered the possibility that the program for some reason has no UI. I got it running thanks to this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqy4e2QwMcE

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

So my Saturn doesn't keep saves... Anyway to fix that. Guess I could become a Deep Fear zpeedrunner

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

In Training posted:

So my Saturn doesn't keep saves... Anyway to fix that. Guess I could become a Deep Fear zpeedrunner

replace the battery in the back, its fairly simple

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
you could also get a save cart but the battery will be cheaper

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

if you dont have one of these you're loving up your saturn experience

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

my now gaming setup is almost complete. but my pre ordered mode wont be dispatched until the end of october, so please do not pick any more saturn games until it arrives

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That Little Demon posted:

replace the battery in the back, its fairly simple

word ty

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

if you dont have one of these you're loving up your saturn experience

i have this but its flashed with pseudo saturn kai so i can play region lock games w/o loving with the disc swap trick.

anyway im only a half hour in but i can tell im gonna love this game. cant wait to run out of oxygen opening doors in identical gray cube hallways lol. its so fuckin tight that this massive underwater base has what look like guard towers and poo poo... and part of it is just on huge train tracks???

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

In Training posted:

cant wait to run out of oxygen opening doors in identical gray cube hallways lol.

im 5 minutes in and already lost lol. every room is like ccd-floor 1 chargeway -> ccd floor1 bridgeway

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

mbt posted:

im 5 minutes in and already lost lol. every room is like ccd-floor 1 chargeway -> ccd floor1 bridgeway

If you press A on the map screen from the pause menu it'll show you floor plans

Joan fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Sep 9, 2022

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

here's the Deep Fear EU manual: https://archive.org/embed/Deep_Fear_1998_E_6L

I might start adding game manuals to the IZGC website too

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sub-Actuality posted:

here's the Deep Fear EU manual: https://archive.org/embed/Deep_Fear_1998_E_6L

I might start adding game manuals to the IZGC website too

Thanks Sub

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

:cheerdoge:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Joan posted:

If you press A on the map screen from the pause menu it'll show you floor plans

When I saw there were like three different types of map I just started laughing slightly manically

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

When I saw there were like three different types of map I just started laughing slightly manically

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm playing in Japanese and cNt read any text. Shits gonna be Cash.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

In Training posted:

I'm playing in Japanese and cNt read any text. Shits gonna be Cash.

yeah i just started and have no idea what anything reads nor what some of my items do. mega hoip

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

the two week deadline should give you enough time to learn japanese and a few dozen kanji

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I thought about playing it in Japanese for added mystique but that lasted about 20 minutes before I downloaded the English version

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

taking a vacation to Japan and smugly using my learned Deep Fear Kanji knowledge to repeatedly ask befuddled locals about the oxygen level and give reasons behind every single locked door

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

symbolic posted:

taking a vacation to Japan and smugly using my learned Deep Fear Kanji knowledge to repeatedly ask befuddled locals about the oxygen level and give reasons behind every single locked door

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

symbolic posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Paging the Mega64 team???

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

symbolic posted:

lol

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

symbolic posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

symbolic posted: